Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

It'll be the first Blu-Ray I've purchased in quite a while. TFA is definitely a great looking movie. I can't wait to see the Starkiller Base forest fight again on my HDTV, along with the rest of Kylo Ren's scenes, because he's the best. I even want to hear his masked voice again, it just sounds really cool to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't think that was really the case, I mean of course it shows off the practical effects because it's a practical effect but look at how much of Jakku is practical. Like any of the times Rey is on line there's that dude with the cage with a ton of those birds poking around in it (this was one of the first costume/props revealed of the film a couple of years ago to massive praise from this forum) and a ton of other outfits but it's barely noticeable.

this dude was also bad looking but less so so i didn't mention him

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
~7 deleted scenes on the Blu-ray :krad:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

MrSmokes posted:

It'll be the first Blu-Ray I've purchased in quite a while. TFA is definitely a great looking movie. I can't wait to see the Starkiller Base forest fight again on my HDTV, along with the rest of Kylo Ren's scenes, because he's the best. I even want to hear his masked voice again, it just sounds really cool to me.

It's really just amplified with a little distortion. Not that I'm saying it doesn't sound cool, because it does.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

That does resemble the last supper. But it's not very funny.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Does that make Jar Jar Judas?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Does that make Jar Jar Judas?

Placement wise, sure, but Jar Jar is leaning towards him, Shmi is more in the Judas pose.
She does give her child up to an evil cult after all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He's also Emperor Napoleon.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Astrochicken posted:

That does resemble the last supper. But it's not very funny.

Is this funny?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I always thought this was funny.

(the changed it before the film was released)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

wyoming posted:

PT makes more sense when you realize PT Vader is Small Hands Vader, father of Bigger Luke. Normal Vader was a good friend.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Bigger luke small hands vader and badonkadonk leia

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When did Leia become a black track athlete

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Watching the Clone Wars and both sides experiment with superbombs that only kill enemies (CIS has a organism-killing death ray that leaves droids unharmed, Republic has essentially an ion cannon bomb). Sheev of course is in the wings for both of them. I dig it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

wyoming posted:

I see it as a reference to King Kong. The big black monster revealed before the audience that's wanted to see him only to be revealed as a pitiful, broken creature, destroyed by his possessive love for a woman. It's just that in King Kong the audience is in the movie, whereas in Star Wars the audience is in real life complaining about when they'll finally see Darth Vader killing Jedi.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Hux/Finn romance confirmed for Episode VIII:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/26/11122488/j-j-abrams-says-star-wars-will-get-an-openly-gay-character

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It's amazing how much worse of a character Hux was than Tarkin.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hux is cool and good, comparing him to Tarkin is unfair because Tarkin is the best star wars character besides maybe Gonk and Wedge.

e: and now poe

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Tarkin is definitely unique among Star Wars characters, and part of it is that he's not really that special. Like Darth Vader, he's a cyborg with a laser sword so obviously he's unique.

Tarkin's just a cold hearted general/governor, and his only flaw is assuming he could blow up the Rebels before they blew him up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Frankenstein without his monster has become such an evil man.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
when they making the movie about kreia

none of the rest of this poo poo is any good

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yet Slave Leia still gets scrubbed. Such silly pedantic "we're so progressive" bullshit.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Mr. Unlucky posted:

when they making the movie about kreia

none of the rest of this poo poo is any good

I love kotor too, but I don't want to see video game characters (at least their motivations and dialogue) in the movies. The concept of other force religions besides jedi and sith is what they should lift from those games. Which was definitely hinted at in Awakens, although by the end it was like "take these new ideas and force them into the clothes of the old ideas".

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Black Bones posted:

I love kotor too, but I don't want to see video game characters (at least their motivations and dialogue) in the movies. The concept of other force religions besides jedi and sith is what they should lift from those games. Which was definitely hinted at in Awakens, although by the end it was like "take these new ideas and force them into the clothes of the old ideas".

I definitely thought they were going in that direction with it. Maz basically said that there's this eternal battle between the light and dark that takes many forms. I'm thinking the Sith as a group are probably going to be a thing of the past; Anakin/Luke's Legacy as the Chosen Ones. But that doesn't mean that evil itself is destroyed. It'll return in a new form like the Knights of Ren.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The idea of destroying the Force is more lame and incongruous with the lore than Midichlorians ever were.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Beeez posted:

The idea of destroying the Force is more lame and incongruous with the lore than Midichlorians ever were.

Yeah, how exactly was that supposed to work? It's like saying you want to destroy gravity.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I want the Gundam guy to come in here and explain how our souls are being weighed down by gravity.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Beeez posted:

I don't know how exactly that would play out but the Star Wars universe would be far better off without Force users.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Who was talking about destroying the force?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Raxivace posted:

I want the Gundam guy to come in here and explain how our souls are being weighed down by gravity.

Luke is able to use telekinesis in the wampa cave because he's upside down. Yoda's training repeats this with him standing on his head to lift those rocks. He's able to do it since being upside down gives him the perspective to see gravity not working. In both cases he's not making them rise, but rather making them fall into the place he wants them to be.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
In Feng Shui 2, which uses Chi instead of the Force, Cyber Guerrillas detonated a Chi Bomb that destroyed most of living life besides the few with very very little chi.

So I guess Cyber Wookies are going to detonate a Force Bomb in the next movie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMvrSLBGkE

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I want this to be how the Rebel Fleet becomes something of a threat to the Empire in that cartoon

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To destroy the Force is to end the star wars. If there were no Jedi and Sith there would be no galactic drama or theater audience - just scoundrels and space taxes.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Luke is able to use telekinesis in the wampa cave because he's upside down. Yoda's training repeats this with him standing on his head to lift those rocks. He's able to do it since being upside down gives him the perspective to see gravity not working. In both cases he's not making them rise, but rather making them fall into the place he wants them to be.

A variation on one of my favorite SMG posts of all time

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

MrMojok posted:

A variation on one of my favorite SMG posts of all time

Got a link to the post? It sounds like a cool observation that makes sense in the context of the movie. Luke has trouble letting go of his preconceptions, so seeing the rocks "fall" as they should would be a good way for Yoda to get Luke to open his mind.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

While X-Wings are already super cool, they'd be even cooler if they could turn into giant robots.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Got a link to the post? It sounds like a cool observation that makes sense in the context of the movie. Luke has trouble letting go of his preconceptions, so seeing the rocks "fall" as they should would be a good way for Yoda to get Luke to open his mind.

Yeah, gimme a minute. Trying to find it with my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah, how exactly was that supposed to work? It's like saying you want to destroy gravity.
Well, if you destroy a planet, or destroy a star...bam. No more gravity, at least on a mid-cosmic level if not the macro-cosmic level.

As far as destroying the Force, the easy way is probably just to destroy all life. In context of Kreia, though, what she wants to do isn't to destroy the thing that creates the Force, but to destroy the influence of the Force, though the distinction isn't necessarily clear. The unique method by which she meant to accomplish this task basically begets the shenanigans of that story.

• Locked thread