Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I am really allergic to both dogs and cats, and have antihistamines with me always, because sometimes people have service animals.

Poor little guy. His parents suck for not planning better, but maybe they weren't familiar with air travel? I hope all the airline people were really nice to him and that he felt better after getting some fresh air and meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

IMGUR's perception of feminists: the ultimate STDH

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Someone should, at some point, make posts on Imgur explaining what feminism actually is, which will result in some fantastic comments from the "community" there

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

goose fleet posted:

Someone should, at some point, make posts on Imgur explaining what feminism actually is, which will result in some fantastic comments from the "community" there

This happened like ten pages ago and went as well as you could expect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope someday a random picture of me on the internet gets appropriated into a stupid image macro.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Of course it refers to her as "a female" too because every loving one of those people do.

gaydad
Mar 23, 2015
It's usually the cliché between money and physical labor in those type of macros. Probably the same type of people who believes the gender wage gap doesn't "exist."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Childfree delivers.

quote:

Hello CF and happy Wednesday! Let me tell you a story about the day (today) where the last bit of my baby making parts turned into sand. I wish I could tell you that some of this story is exaggerated, but sadly, it all happened.
I was pretty pleased with myself today, because I got a ton of work done this morning. I decided to give myself and extended lunchbreak, and go to everyone's favorite place to blow 300 DINK dollars, Tar-jay Boutique. This was today, a random Wednesday at 12:30.
I walk through the doors and make a mad dash to the dollar section to see what new Star Wars merch they had. I noticed there are about 5 moms there with enormous strollers letting the kids pick through the bins. I noped it right away from that section.
I head to cosmetics to pick up 11 more shades of eyeshadow I will never wear. There is a mombie in one if the aisles with a double wide stroller AND a giant child cart blocking the whole thing. I go down another aisle and there is a kid in a cart yelling about how he wanted bubble bath...NOW. That's okay, I can browse elsewhere.
As I'm walking to the candy aisle, it occurs to me that this is the most stroller parents I have ever seen at Target. It seemed like they all came here on a goddamned field trip. There were screamers, there were criers, there were runners. I saw a kid throwing bras on the floor while his mom texted. There was a woman who was baby talking her child so loudly I heard it two aisles over. There was a kid who hit his sister in the face with a plastic lightsaber...you can guess how she reacted. It was our worst nightmare, guys.
I think my terror started to show on my face, because I started to get dirty looks. I realize it was time to go, lest I start dry heaving. I got cat food and headed to the registers. There was an older woman in front of me losing her poo poo over a child in front of her. "LOOK AT HOW GOOD YOU ARE!!!! YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD LITTLE BOY!!!" to which mom replied "WHAT DO YOU SAY SNOTLEIGH? WEEEEELLLLL, WHAT DO YOU SAY?". The cashier was trying to get her attention because she had swiped her card and needed to insert it instead, but she was too busy having an orgasm over her kid who was literally just sitting in the loving cart.
I realized right then how childfree I really am. Some of these kids weren't doing anything wrong. I was bothered by their mere existence. If you have a kid, you have to deal with that existence EVERY DAY. NO.
I got to my car, turned on the radio, and Jay-Z's "99 Problems" was on. Being the mature adult that I am, I rolled down my windows, blasted the song, and changed the lyrics to "I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A KID AINT ONE...HIT ME!"

quote:

I just relocated cities (yay!) but have been working fifty hour weeks (booo!) so have nearly run out of contraceptive pills.
I couldn't get a GP appointment to suit, so instead went to the nearest sexual health clinic.
I went along, taking a book, looking forward to getting in and getting done and gone.
The waiting room was near-empty, so I was feeling pretty good. In walks a young woman, pushing a gargantuan stroller (you know the kind I mean - one which screams "I despise my life, so I'm at least going to milk it for all it's worth with this loving behemoth! Behold! Acknowledge me!"- and a friend.
They come and sit near me, which is a thing I've noticed parents (Mothers in particular) do and start fussing and cooing over the baby. They keep shooting glances at me, which I pretend to not notice as I'm reading.
I'm also, at the same time, surreptitiously eavesdropping on their conversation, and it becomes apparent that the only person wanting seen at the clinic is the Mum. And instead of using a shred of intelligence, and leaving her baaaaayyyyyyybeeeeeeeeee at home, with the friend watching, the Mum decided to bring her kid and the friend, to the clinic, so the friend could watch the goblin in the waiting room - because you know guys and ladies, waiting rooms in medical practises are totes there to serve as creches, amiright?
They keep looking at me, and the kid starts dropping things on the floor near my feet. I don't even bother looking up, and carry on ignoring it, because not my lifestyle choice, not my drat problem, right? One of them eventually huffs and puffs and bends over to pick up the kids dummy, and mutters "would it kill you to help out?" at me.
I snap and tell her "I am helping. I work, pay taxes and fund your child benefit, tax credits, NHS and education system. And I don't have kids myself, so I'm a net contributor. What more drat help do you want?". Her jaw drops and she at least has the grace to look ashamed of herself, and leaves me to it.
My name gets called, off I go to get my repeat prescription of the pill, and away I sail off home to my nice, tidy, clean, quiet flat. :D
What sort of insensitive, self-obsessed jackass takes their KID to a place where people go to be referred for abortions at any rate? Oh wait, a breeder. Because you know, everything is ALL about parents, ALL THE TIME. Everyone else can go to hell.
I hate them, and one of the reasons I don't want kids is because I don't want to turn into a parent. Screw that.

quote:

I work as an IT consultant/technician, and a large part of my job requires visiting client locations. Today I'm at one such location, doing basic things; replacing UPS batteries, troubleshooting MS Office issues, etc. I've been here a couple times before, and thought I'd met everyone, however today I met an extremely cute brunette girl... we'll call her WannabeMombie.
As I'm troubleshooting the Office issues, the ladies in the office (2 mothers of 2 and WannabeMombie) begin discussing random life things, starting with WannabeMombie's plans for her future. I ignored most of it, until I heard the following:
WannabeMombie: Yeah, I want to do a lot of traveling before I settle down. Mother1: ...and have your 7 kids?
WannabeMombie: Yep!
Mother2: I'm telling you, you're going to change your mind about that number once you have your first couple and realize how expensive they are.
WannabeMombie: Well my husband better make a lot of money because I'm having at LEAST 4. I still want 7 though.
Mother1: <looking at Mother2> She doesn't know the pain of it, does she?
WannabeMombie: Oh I'm ALL about the drugs! They can knock me out if they want to!
Mother1 & Mother2: glancing at one another and shaking their heads
Breeders, I swear. The insanity is real.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Thin Privilege posted:

Childfree delivers.

How many of these childfree peeps are actually committed to the cause and have their tubes tied. Bragging about how much you hate and never want to have kids doesn't really mean much if you're only committed to condoms and the pill (really neither mean much because they're not having sex anyway).

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Birb Katter posted:

How many of these childfree peeps are actually committed to the cause and have their tubes tied. Bragging about how much you hate and never want to have kids doesn't really mean much if you're only committed to condoms and the pill (really neither mean much because they're not having sex anyway).

The pill controls hormones, keeping you regular in regards to menstruation. So even nonsexhavers may need them.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Khazar-khum posted:

The pill controls hormones, keeping you regular in regards to menstruation. So even nonsexhavers may need them.

I have a close lady friend who uses the pill to control tumor's so I get the reasoning for why you'd use it but these guys aren't about medical reasons for it, they just think they don't want kids. I want them to put up or shut up (which isn't going to happen).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Birb Katter posted:

There is a real issue where if you're a woman without kids and under like 45 it's nearly impossible to find a doctor who will do a tubal ligation. Hard for men and vasectomies too, but much less so than for women. However. There's also an issue where tubals are actually less effective than an IUD or arm implant, because the tissues can grow back :stonk: not to mention it's a major surgery.

CF almost never talks about this stuff though, it's always "ugh my sister posted a Facebook photo of her kid's report card UGH SO DISGUSTING BREEDERS I HOPE THEY DIE!!!!" They are just so loving hateful.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Every childfree person I've met has eventually later in life turned into the same cliche they hated so much and have more kids than anyone in our former friend group. I think for the very vocal ones like in those stories (i.e. not the more reasonable people who just say "I am content not having children" or whatever) it really is "just a phase" and someone needs to save their rants to show them after they start flooding their facebook with their new baby pictures.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

Hello CF and happy Wednesday! Let me tell you a story about the day (today) where the last bit of my baby making parts turned into sand. I wish I could tell you that some of this story is exaggerated, but sadly, it all happened.
I was pretty pleased with myself today, because I got a ton of work done this morning. I decided to give myself and extended lunchbreak, and go to everyone's favorite place to blow 300 DINK dollars, Tar-jay Boutique. This was today, a random Wednesday at 12:30.
I walk through the doors and make a mad dash to the dollar section to see what new Star Wars merch they had. I noticed there are about 5 moms there with enormous strollers letting the kids pick through the bins. I noped it right away from that section.
I head to cosmetics to pick up 11 more shades of eyeshadow I will never wear. There is a mombie in one if the aisles with a double wide stroller AND a giant child cart blocking the whole thing. I go down another aisle and there is a kid in a cart yelling about how he wanted bubble bath...NOW. That's okay, I can browse elsewhere.
As I'm walking to the candy aisle, it occurs to me that this is the most stroller parents I have ever seen at Target. It seemed like they all came here on a goddamned field trip. There were screamers, there were criers, there were runners. I saw a kid throwing bras on the floor while his mom texted. There was a woman who was baby talking her child so loudly I heard it two aisles over. There was a kid who hit his sister in the face with a plastic lightsaber...you can guess how she reacted. It was our worst nightmare, guys.
I think my terror started to show on my face, because I started to get dirty looks. I realize it was time to go, lest I start dry heaving. I got cat food and headed to the registers. There was an older woman in front of me losing her poo poo over a child in front of her. "LOOK AT HOW GOOD YOU ARE!!!! YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD LITTLE BOY!!!" to which mom replied "WHAT DO YOU SAY SNOTLEIGH? WEEEEELLLLL, WHAT DO YOU SAY?". The cashier was trying to get her attention because she had swiped her card and needed to insert it instead, but she was too busy having an orgasm over her kid who was literally just sitting in the loving cart.
I realized right then how childfree I really am. Some of these kids weren't doing anything wrong. I was bothered by their mere existence. If you have a kid, you have to deal with that existence EVERY DAY. NO.
I got to my car, turned on the radio, and Jay-Z's "99 Problems" was on. Being the mature adult that I am, I rolled down my windows, blasted the song, and changed the lyrics to "I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A KID AINT ONE...HIT ME!"

I hope her boyfriend/husband/lesbian companion/otherkin isn't as hung up on not having kids because apparently they are involved with a woman that randomly blows off work to waste 300 dollars on star wars crap at "Tar-jay", which tbh sounds like having a kid but way worse.

gaydad
Mar 23, 2015

NESguerilla posted:

I hope her boyfriend/husband/lesbian companion/otherkin isn't as hung up on not having kids because apparently they are involved with a woman that randomly blows off work to waste 300 dollars on star wars crap at "Tar-jay", which tbh sounds like having a kid but way worse.

CF threads always brag about having money to blow on random stuff.
Children are financial leeches, while I get to spend money on myself and not live in poverty. :smuggo:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

You have got to be loving kidding me.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

Thin Privilege posted:

Childfree delivers.

for people who hate children they sure love themselves

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

An adult enters the toy aisle at a super market and is offended by the presence of children :stare:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

A Classy Ghost posted:

for people who hate children they sure love themselves

Pretty sure that's the main reason they hate children - "What do you mean I don't get to be the absolute centre of the universe and do whatever I want?!?!?!"

I wonder how many of them are oldest children?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pretty sure that's the main reason they hate children - "What do you mean I don't get to be the absolute centre of the universe and do whatever I want?!?!?!"

I wonder how many of them are oldest children?

Seriously. Like when you were seven and your sister was two and she got away with stuff because "She doesn't know any better!" and that really pissed you off because it sounded dumb but now you're an adult and you actually understand the way that brains develop and the literal lack of impulse control and other important parts of an eventual adult brain that children don't have, and that means, yes, society isn't going to get as mad at a kid for riding a shopping cart through the grocery and then having a tantrum because they're out of their fave flavor ice cream as they would if you, an idiot and adult, decided to do the same.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Murphy Brownback posted:

Every childfree person I've met has eventually later in life turned into the same cliche they hated so much and have more kids than anyone in our former friend group. I think for the very vocal ones like in those stories (i.e. not the more reasonable people who just say "I am content not having children" or whatever) it really is "just a phase" and someone needs to save their rants to show them after they start flooding their facebook with their new baby pictures.

True. I had a CF friend who constantly posted on Facebook about how she lurved her life so much and had all this disposable income, and that women with kids were just sad tired old bags smeared with baby poo poo.

Well guess what happened last year? She got knocked up and would not stop posting every single second of her pregnancy on FB. Now the kid is here she's a breastfeeding bore, constantly posting pics of herself feeding the kid with comments like 'just you dare delete this FB! I have a right to post pics of mah kid!'

I honestly feel most of the CF crowd are just protesting a bit too much.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'd be willing to bet that most militant childfree types grew up in a culture that heavily encouraged cranking out the babbies ASAP.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Biplane posted:

An adult enters the toy aisle at a super market and is offended by the presence of children :stare:

I once saw a couple sneering and half whispering about the presence of loud children at Disneyland. I bet they post on Reddit

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Child free owns because they crazy as hell and inevitably someone outs themself as being childfree in a rush to defend these nuts. They're my favorite internet weirdos

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SEX BURRITO posted:

I honestly feel most of the CF crowd are just protesting a bit too much.

Yeah, I feel like many of the people who get super angry about it are just upset that they're not able (possibly due to not being in a committed relationship or something) to have kids themselves, so they say all this stuff in an attempt to convince themselves that it's totally cool and they don't really want kids anyway.

I honestly can't really think of any other reason for someone to be so flat out angry towards children and parents.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I've never heard anyone say "CF" or "child-free". Ever. But militant-anything is typically lousy. Me, I just know I'm not ready for kids, so I don't have them. The only time I get mad is when I meet people who "don't believe in" birth control or whatever, or people who act like their kid is a miracle, when you can see good and well the brat is going to grow up to be a multiple felon.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
No one is saying that not wanting kids is wrong, it's their insanely aggressive attitude towards the very existence of any kids at all that's messed up.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

they say all this stuff in an attempt to convince themselves that it's totally cool and they don't really want kids anyway.

ding ding ding

See also: "Humph, all the sluts and jocks are having sex, I'm so far above getting laid" and "What, you don't want to date me? You're an ugly bitch anyway, why would anyone want you"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Clowns on the Internet can't do anything in life without being celebrated for it and feeling superior in some way.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

DeusExMachinima posted:

You have got to be loving kidding me.

It's more fun if you assume they mean the head-swapping witch in "Return to OZ".

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Being militantly Child-Free™ usually comes off as one of those defensive measures. Deciding to not have children (or deciding to have them) is a really big deal, and I think most people are pretty conflicted whatever choice they make. I've more or less decided not to, but when a kid walks by in light up shoes or tells me they have new pants on, it's harder to feel so convicted.

On that note, though, people who are religiously into it? I am glad they are not having kids. 90% of the time, super vocal CF people are arrogant, reactive nutjobs and they'd do a great jot at loving up their kids. Too bad that, as people have mentioned, they sometimes just have them anyway.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
As a woman who doesn't want children, childfree people embarrass the hell out of me.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
My favorite CF posts are the ones that get super angry at their own family members for simple things. You know, horrible things like being invited to their little cousins birthday party or God forbid being asked to babysit their niece or nephew.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Yes, child-free forums are cesspits, but I for one am ready to move on as it turns out talking about CFers is not much better.

quote:

I felt your eyes on me the moment I walked in. I saw you look at my youthful face and then glance at my outfit- a modest blouse, pencil skirt and heels- an outfit appropriate for one coming from work. I heard you whisper, "Figures." to your companion as I was led to a table where an older gentleman was waiting for me.

I pretended not to notice. I ate my dinner and conversed with my tablemate. When we were finished, he got the tab, and I thanked him graciously. You rolled your eyes. As we walked out of the restaurant we both heard you say "Gold digger", just like you wanted us to.

I wanted to confront you, but my dad and I decided judgmental bitches aren't worth our time.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

RANT TIME

Harry Potter book release: don't worry, no spoilers.

Showed up at seven, in full costume for a nine am release. Devoted no? I was one of the few to dress up, and I was the best-dressed. I'm not being vain, I honestly had the most detailed and accurate costume there.

We were told in line, that the best-dressed person in line gets to open the box and have the first Half-Blood Prince book. So, I'm a shoo-in, aren't I?

WRONG.

loving moo brings her bratty sprog in at 8:59am dressed in a generic Kmart cape with stars and glitter and loving gaudy BLAH. Twig for a wand.

OMG WITTLE PWESHUS SO CUTE OMG YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND HAVE THIS BOOK YOU CAN'T READ AND *fawning fawning, blatant breederism etc*

THE loving KID WON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS. THE BOX OPENING WAS MINE. MIIIIINE.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had said "Oh look Sass, you are best-dressed
but would you mind if this land-mine amputee opened the box instead?" I would
have said "Absolutely no problem. Go for it." But no. loving CROTCHDROPPING
GETS THE HONOUR. I'm furious. On principle of course, not out of any sense of entitlement. Well yes, entitlement also. But I WORKED FOR IT, I DESERVED IT.

I made an effort. I spent money making an effort. I showed up early. I will remember and treasure this event for ever and eternity. And I'm passed over for an ugly little brat with a sparkly tie. Woo loving woo.

I didn't stab her in the eye with my wand. I WANTED to. I talked about doing so
VERY loving LOUDLY. I was going to eviscerate her mother with the cover of my
brand-new copy.

I loving hate breeders and child-lovers. loving GO TO HELL.

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial

Congratulations breeders, you win.

Edited to add: To all of you who are calling me immature etc, I'd like to add that you make a very good point, but have you considered GO gently caress YOURSELF? If you're so anal-retentive, go back to the other community and go on with your breeder-humping. Also, to the person who submitted this to fandom_wank, I seriously (no sarcasm) thank you. I've always wanted to be there!

Zelder's edit: well whoops i guess this poo poo probably did happen now that I re-read it, my bad

Zelder has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Feb 25, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Zelder posted:

RANT TIME

Harry Potter book release: don't worry, no spoilers.

This is one of my favorite things from the Internet. Just spend a moment bathing in its majesty. Feel that seething anger, hatred, and jealousy. So good. 10/10

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This is one of my favorite things from the Internet. Just spend a moment bathing in its majesty. Feel that seething anger, hatred, and jealousy. So good. 10/10

that post is like a cool breeze on a hot august day: refreshing, invigorating, and a reminder that there is beauty all around us

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Zelder posted:

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling.

Well, does she remember? It's been over ten years!

Also, about that childfree wacko complaining about kids being brought to the sexual-health clinic-- don't most of those places also do infant/pediatric care?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SerialKilldeer posted:

Well, does she remember? It's been over ten years!

Also, about that childfree wacko complaining about kids being brought to the sexual-health clinic-- don't most of those places also do infant/pediatric care?

That's why she stressed that her FRIEND (as if babyhavers have real friends) sat with the kid in the WAITING ROOM like it was some mortal sin that she might heave to occupy space near a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Just relistened to the F Plus Childfree hardcore episode with this one. It's great - really captures the frothing rage. Episode 42.

• Locked thread