Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Mods delete this thread and salt the earth please. You lot have forgotten we're supposed to be the sane ones and not the obsessive crazies online stalking and effort posting about secret platinum forum dogshit.

Fat lesnicking christ.

You're using :lesnick: as a verb in every loving post and it weirds me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

THAT'S what Fullburn sounds like?! :stare: wow I knew it was going to be bad but heaven above that's something a garageband would be like "You know I think we should put down the instruments and just go be taxi drivers or something".

:stat: 80s hair metal ballads are all the rage with kids these days.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Wuxi posted:

It's Sandis lucky number, you know

I wonder if she's instructed Ortwin to start legal proceedings against the estate of Douglas Adams yet, on the grounds of theft of intellectual property.

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Illegal Move posted:

I am more and more curious about how exactly CIG is budgeting their funds. For example, how much have they allocated for refunds? Is it close to nothing, or are they a bit more prepared? Either way, it would tell us a lot about how they currently feel about their product.

After the desks and bens lunch there's about $10 left

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:smug: I also thought the 42 thing was pretty funny WHEN I WAS TWELVE I'm now thirteen

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

MeLKoR posted:

And croberts really thought people were going to like it :cripes:

"Heh woops who put this here, nope, don't know how that got there heh heh......must have been put in by accident". :cripes:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I like Full Burn, it complements the game nicely. It has that late 80s garage band feel, much like star citizen has that late 80s garage game developer feel.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Full Burn is great, but it doesn't fit what they are going for at all. It kind of suggests a fun, dumb, arcade-y space adventure where you hop in a ship, fly fast and save the day. If CIG made a space ship game based on Flash Gordon featuring Full Burn, I'd be all over that.

However, since Chris is making his very serious very dramatic Heart of Darkness in space with 110% fidelity and no bumping, it's completely inappropriate. The only appropriate music for the game that Chris is making is music that can be played with air horns.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm really glad FULL BURN exists and it is perfect in every way

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Guys, I figured it out!

I know how to get the redditors to turn on themselves.

And its all thanks to my good buddy, Ttef_Obboj.

Time for me to chaos some chaos!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

I'm really glad FULL BURN exists and it is perfect in every way

It really says it all that the best thing that came out of CIG was the thing they're disavowing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9elfrrF4M

nevar fogret

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Do peoples accents really fluctuate like this or is it because he was a bit flustered giving the speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO0J9TDSqEI&t=250s

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ah, another day, another disaster in the Verse.

Don't worry fellow goons, today's AtV will address all the major concerns and set everyone's mind at ease.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

It really says it all that the best thing that came out of CIG was the thing they're disavowing.

I can just imagine Chris and Sandi cruising along in the sun in an open top porsche and he turns to her and says 'wanna hear the new mix?' and he palm slams a cassette into the stero and as the music kicks in they both smile, go 'woooo yeah!' and Chris floors it, and a couple of F15s fly past overhead, all without a hint of irony.

I love that, I think that happened.
In fact I think Chris is singing on the song.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhMlFvV2a2I&t=1241s

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Do peoples accents really fluctuate like this or is it because he was a bit flustered giving the speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO0J9TDSqEI&t=250s

He spends a lot of time making movies where he does other accents. He may have just come from shooting so certain words are creeping in as he's been practicing.

He might also be sad about Bowie if they were friends.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Oldman spent so much time doing different accents in films, he had to go see an accent coach to get his old accent back.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bHeJAoou8

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I can just imagine Chris and Sandi cruising along in the sun in an open top porsche and he turns to her and says 'wanna hear the new mix?' and he palm slams a cassette into the stero and as the music kicks in they both smile, go 'woooo yeah!' and Chris floors it, and a couple of F15s fly past overhead, all without a hint of irony.

I love that, I think that happened.
In fact I think Chris is singing on the song.

Then during an instrumental portion of the song, the volume lowers for a moment as he pulls into the parking lot of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, skidding in a perfect 180 and backing into a parking space. Sandi runs into the meeting with a dozen bottles of vodka screaming, "Cheer up guys, I brought the booze, WOOOOHOOOO!!!" The meeting devolves into a drunken frenzy as she hops back into the car, he pulls out tires screeching, and the music swells again as the chorus begin. "The only truth in the 'verse is you and meeeee!!!" and in the background you see a dozen drunk guys spill out from the AA meeting into the parking lot and start getting into their cars.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Mods delete this thread and salt the earth please. You lot have forgotten we're supposed to be the sane ones and not the obsessive crazies online stalking and effort posting about secret platinum forum dogshit.

Fat lesnicking christ.

I think the point is being missed . For me Lesnick is the physical manifestation of the soul of this project . Shrouded in Gluttony and lies and a patronising condescending attitude towards the very people who made the whole project happen. Like a school teacher giving a lecture to some naughty boys , as he reaches in there pocket and steals there dinner money . This is a man who has 0 skill are experience in design and engineering and cryengine . And yet he abused his position in order to gain favour with his masters and on around the Verse proceeds to tell every one that he is selling a ship " a personal project of his" he said. Its the science ship and with all add-ons costs about a $1000 its huge its NEVER been done before, hell even a whole division of biowhere could just manage the Normandy and that was ground breaking

And here he is Ben a x school teacher and dungeon crawler telling you he has designed a world first over the course of 4 days in his office lmao , A Hugh science ship that's going to work in a MMO and you will be able to interact with it all and your for just under $1000. He and the designers must have know it was bullshit but he sold it like it was the gospel truth and told you why you needed it. Best of all almost no one in the community stopped to ask some very important question like "is this even possible ?" they lapped that poo poo up

Bens and CIG behaviour has been criminal for a while now they have been selling things that are never going to get built are sold its like selling a time share investments for dream holiday homes . And when all the paying customers turn up to there dream homes for a holiday and see a building site and a shanty town.Then the penny will drop and they will realise they have been scammed . If I was ben I would part company and distance himself for the sake of his health and his wife .Because like it are not he has been the mouth piece of CIG there is still time for him but I am sure he will lie to the bitter end are until some deranged fan comes looking for answers to there broken dreams he is CR number 1 minion and deserves all he gets .Goons are doing the gaming community a service by shedding light on the biggest crowd funding scam in history

moonraker fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 25, 2016

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do we know who did Full Burn? They should be commissioned to do a Stimpire theme song. Something to play in the operating room during your penectomy.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You're using :lesnick: as a verb in every loving post and it weirds me out

Hottub is suffering from some confusing feelings around Ben. It's a bit much to try and close an entire thread over, but he should know that this is a safe place and we're here for him.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Duckaerobics posted:

Do we know who did Full Burn? They should be commissioned to do a Stimpire theme song. Something to play in the operating room during your penectomy.

Jeremy Soule already wrote the Stimpire theme, although at the time he thought he was making it for Dawn of War. Tell me this doesn't fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGi9ppL34E

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Duckaerobics posted:

Something to play in the operating room during your penectomy.

Full Burn

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

MeLKoR posted:

the fact that there isn't actually a goddamn game aside and all else being equal i've felt for a while that starcit would be better if it actually fully embraced the 80s/early 90s pop scifi aesthetic it keeps hinting at. like, there's crumbs of it there but if they embraced it fully, blurry CRTs, weird beiges and salmons, strange angular sculpture etc then at least it would be SOMETHING

e: i mean i know ultimately it'd just be chris refusing to let go of the wing commander movie but i posit that even a bad style is better than an absence of one

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Duckaerobics posted:

I get a copyright notice everytime I post a vid, so I will keep an eye out if I get one for my vid with FULL FUCKIN BURN on it and see who it is off

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I wonder what his subs were like in the past. Is there any way to see that? I know it was in the 200s yesterday.

E: "I was diagnosed with colon cancer. This playlist covers my experience with cancer."

:smith:

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 25, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

moonraker posted:

I think the point is being missed . For me Lesnick is the physical manifestation of the soul of this project . Shrouded in Gluttony and lies and a patronising condescending attitude towards the very people who made the whole project happen. Like a school teacher giving a lecture to some naughty boys , as he reaches in there pocket and steals there dinner money . This is a man who has 0 skill are experience in design and engineering and cryengine . And yet he abused his position in order to gain favour with his masters and on around the Verse proceeds to tell every one that he is selling a ship " a personal project of his" he said. Its the science ship and with all add-ons costs about a $1000 its huge its NEVER been done before, hell even a whole division of biowhere could just manage the Normandy and that was ground breaking

And here he is Ben a x school teacher and dungeon crawler telling you he has designed a world first over the course of 4 days in his office lmao , A Hugh science ship that's going to work in a MMO and you will be able to interact with it all and your for just under $1000. He and the designers must have know it was bullshit but he sold it like it was the gospel truth and told you why you needed it. Best of all almost no one in the community stopped to ask some very important question like "is this even possible ?" they lapped that poo poo up

Bens and CIG behaviour has been criminal for a while now they have been selling things that are never going to get built are sold its like selling a time share investments for dream holiday homes . And when all the paying customers turn up to there dream homes for a holiday and see a building site and a shanty town.Then the penny will drop and they will realise they have been scammed . If I was ben I would part company and distance himself for the sake of his health and his wife .Because like it are not he has been the mouth piece of CIG there is still time for him but I am sure he will lie to the bitter end are until some deranged fan comes looking for answers to there broken dreams he is CR number 1 minion and deserves all he gets .Goons are doing the gaming community a service by shedding light on the biggest crowd funding scam in history

Its like the Big Short except with video games.

But SC's collapse will be a slow burn. Like a car crash in slow motion. Its gonna take a long time to actually get the point where SC will go down in flames in spectacular fashion. Years even. I thought it was gonna go faster with the Escapist article but nothing really came of that. CIG is dodging bullets and it'll take some time but they'll finally collapse.

And you have to remember that any reasonable person wouldn't buy anything SC has to offer, even follow it as religiously as citizens. The only good thing that SC has proved thus far is that there are (over) 1 million idiots in the world who can fall for even the simplest scams.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I made the "clever" mistake of not including my avatar in all my reddit posts. I'm surprised they are only just catching on.

Hmmm... maybe if I trick redditors into changing my name here?

We should all change our names into notorious shitizens. I'm calling dibs on Samfreez.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Decrepus posted:

I wonder what his subs were like in the past. Is there any way to see that? I know it was in the 200s yesterday.

E: "I was diagnosed with colon cancer. This playlist covers my experience with cancer."

:smith:

And citizens thought it was ok to harass this man over video games.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Stanko-Prussian posted:

the fact that there isn't actually a goddamn game aside and all else being equal i've felt for a while that starcit would be better if it actually fully embraced the 80s/early 90s pop scifi aesthetic it keeps hinting at. like, there's crumbs of it there but if they embraced it fully, blurry CRTs, weird beiges and salmons, strange angular sculpture etc then at least it would be SOMETHING

e: i mean i know ultimately it'd just be chris refusing to let go of the wing commander movie but i posit that even a bad style is better than an absence of one

:20bux: says one of the clothing lines at the new virtual store will be based on the 80s and another on the 90s. You just made CIG a couple more million in jpegs, thanks a lot rear end in a top hat.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

My favorite space games were descent: Freespace 1 and 2 and Freelancer. They were the only ones worth playing.

".. GTVA Collosus, the largest space faring warship ever constructed."

Freespace and -lancer were cool, but I - War was the most interesting release of that time. It seemed less arcady and more mature in its setting.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Phi230 posted:

The only good thing that SC has proved thus far is that there are (over) 1 million idiots in the world who can fall for even the simplest scams.

Let's not fall into the shitizen trap of conflating accounts with backers. The citizen number reflects everyone who's signed up for an account, from wesha-grade spacewhales to li'l old protogamers who literally don't have time to put up with the pile of bullshit which is Star Citizen.

There's maybe a half-million actual unique backers & even then I think that's being generous.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
CIG definitely did something funny with their forums. Last night you could stay logged in while accessing them while permaprobated. Now you're automatically logged out.

Fun exercise:

1. Get your account banned. This shouldn't be hard for most of you.
2. Log out of RSI.com.
3. Visit the forums website.
4. Log in.
5. Watch what happens.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/47fl39/cig_will_go_through_your_pms_if_you_criticise_them/d0d6wlx

I love it when people accuse me of lying, say it's obvious how much evidence there is, and then magically get incredibly lazy whenever I ask for an example.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enchanted Hat posted:

Full Burn is great, but it doesn't fit what they are going for at all. It kind of suggests a fun, dumb, arcade-y space adventure where you hop in a ship, fly fast and save the day. If CIG made a space ship game based on Flash Gordon featuring Full Burn, I'd be all over that.

A Flash Gordon MMO would be a den of furries and you know it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
My favorite autism game Factorio is coming to Steam in a few hours. Not really related to star citizen but if you like fiddling about with conveyor belts and optimizing widget making machines then check it out! It even has trains.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427520/

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Duckaerobics posted:

Drumroll please, I give you...

BALLS BURN

The lights are blinding now
I scream without a sound
Had a wank, thought nobody knew
tried to run, now I bid you adieu
They found my stash of smut
my John Thomas they're about to cut
First it's the flay, please don't take it away
I'm not a bad guy

Balls Burn
kicking me in the crotch
Balls Burn
The executions I must watch
and you'll see
that the stump between my legs is from where I pee

Now we're always far apart
He was my little counterpart
went to close to the edge, broke my Stimpire pledge
I'm not a bad guy

Balls Burn
kicking me in the crotch
Balls Burn
and you'll see

Balls Burn(background)
Stimperor took it all
Balls Burn(background)
Root stem and ball
Balls Burn(background)
going into the black and there's no turning back

Balls Burn
kicking me in the crotch
Balls Burn
and you'll see

Balls Burn
kicking me in the crotch
Balls Burn
and you'll see

Balls Burn
Balls Burn
Balls Burn
Balls Burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Berious posted:

My favorite autism game Factorio is coming to Steam in a few hours. Not really related to star citizen but if you like fiddling about with conveyor belts and optimizing widget making machines then check it out! It even has trains.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427520/

Does it have procedural birds? Asking for a friend

• Locked thread