Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Brannock posted:

When Trump hits 50% polling you're gonna see some serious poo poo Marty!

I dunno, Rick... I.. I think they won't vote for the fa fascists...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

Sen. Reid should read Romney's tax returns out on the Senate floor.

This is better than wrestling

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Trump: AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Carson: Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Cruz: Santana - Oye Como Va
Rubio: George Thorogood - Move It On Over
Kasich: Fleetwood Mac - Second Hand News
Clinton: Steely Dan - Dirty Work
Sanders: REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

It's interesting to see how candidate schedules are adapting to Super Tuesday. Trump is holding six events from Friday to Monday, while Rubio has announced eight so far. Earlier this year, people were pointing to Trump's lax schedule as evidence that he wouldn't be able to reach enough voters; now, he's holding roughly as many events as the other candidates.

you dont need to do as many events when one of your rallies equals 15 of their american legion halls

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

This is basically the same thing we see everywhere else: 1.) Trump's support is significantly more locked in than everyone else, 2.) He does pick up points when people drop out, and 3.) A large majority of republicans are okay with him being the nominee.

He really does have all the outward appearance of a front runner.

Being in a position which no R candidate has lost and Rubio being in a position which no candidate has won isn't enough?!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

Rush basically pleading for everyone to attack Trump at tonight's debate is all levels of LOL.

You made him poo poo gently caress, you own him.

Has Rush completely turned against Trump now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

People sometimes forget it but Reid is one of the greatest trolls in Washington.

Please detail??

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/phxazgrl/status/702697838153629697

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

did trump cause those loving jpg artifacts too

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
soo what was the point of sending unlikeable millionaire/milquetoast mormom after trump

hes a 3 time political loser do they think trumps people hold any love for him?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/702924391659786242

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Pick posted:

did trump cause those loving jpg artifacts too

TRUMP!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Montasque posted:

Rush basically pleading for everyone to attack Trump at tonight's debate is all levels of LOL.

can you link that soundbite of him going

ITS NOT MY JOB TO VOTE FOR PEOPLE, DAMMIT or something

tia

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

:dance:

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
If you can't appreciate trump for destroying people like beck you have no soul. Shame about the potential fascism though, guess you take the good with the bad.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Mitt Romney posted:

Rush is a drama queen and probably wants to see blood as much as we do

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

He's not wrong. Bernie is our only salvation.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
We ever find out if Marco decided to go to CPAC?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

He confirmed he was going a day or two ago

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Alter Ego posted:

Yes, he finally found a free spot in his schedule and is now attending.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Montasque posted:

Rush doesn't care whether Trump wins or not, he's just sick of having nothing new to talk about. I'm with him - attack Trump, let's see the counterpunch! With no Jeb I fear this may be a normal debate. Booooring.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I love that Glenn Beck finally became relevant this election if only because he's willingly throwing himself under the Trump Train.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Logikv9 posted:

I love that Glenn Beck finally became relevant this election if only because he's willingly throwing himself under the Trump Train.

I admire any conservative willing to kamikaze Trump for the good of this nation.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_depaSOa4I

Did Beck morph from grifter to true believer over the years?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

This appears to be a fairly common idea and was also hit upon in the american life SC evangelical episode. The people at this top really have no idea how angry the voters are, or if they do are clueless what to do about it.

uh, obviously tax cuts for the rich :rolleyes:

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Rubio lost ground since SC?

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/702941400254574592

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mitt Romney posted:

More like even the dumbest of far right wingers realizing the GOP is going to throw this election if they nominate Trump at more than just the national level.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I've said it before, the best Drudge headlines are when he's so excited he can't even spell correctly:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_depaSOa4I

Did Beck morph from grifter to true believer over the years?

No, he's still a grifter:

quote:

Glenn Beck repeatedly misled audiences about his copy of Don Quixote while stumping for Ted Cruz in Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada.

At a Cruz rally in Ames, Iowa, on January 30, Beck said that Washington wrote in his diary “two lines on the day of the signing of the Constitution. First line: ‘Signed the Constitution today.’ Second line: ‘I pick up my copy of Don Quixote.’ This is his copy of Don Quixote that he picked up that day.”

At a rally at the Morningstar Church in Fort Mill, South Carolina, on February 11, Beck again declared, “This is the copy that he went and picked up the day they signed the Constitution.”

At a rally in Henderson, Nevada, on February 21, Beck again said, “This is George Washington’s copy of Don Quixote. This is the copy that he picked up the day they signed the Constitution.”

In a statement to HuffPost, Beck acknowledged the book he’s displayed at rallies is not the copy of Don Quixote that Washington purchased on that day. However, Beck said he possesses another copy of the book, dated 1796, from Washington’s library.

“I have incorrectly stated that my copy is the copy that Washington purchased the day he signed the Constitution. That version is one of the copies owned and housed in Mount Vernon. I take full responsibility for connecting my book (which is dated 1796) to the book Washington purchased that fateful day of September 17th, 1787. But make no mistake the copy in my possession is from the private library of George Washington.”

A Mount Vernon spokeswoman said it would need to see Beck’s copy in person to authenticate it.

It’s still unclear how Beck, a self-described Constitutionalist who prides himself on his knowledge of that period, could have thought that a book printed 9 years after the day the Constitution was signed was the copy Washington purchased on that historic date.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...of-don-quixote/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pick posted:

Please detail??

Well, one of them is pretty on point with this current thing: once Romney insisted that he wasn't going to release his tax returns, Reid made a very public speech about how he talked to a Republican friend who had seen them and there was all this awful stuff in there, like that he wasn't actually paying taxes.

It appears to have been completely made up because the only way to counter it...was to release the tax returns.

During Ted Cruz's "filibuster", when he started making a big deal about how The Man was going to silence him after his 24 hours were up, Reid helpfully offered him some extra time, but because he'd already booked a slot on Fox to talk about the "filibuster" he had to awkwardly decline on camera.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
VA isn't necessarily bad for Rubio in that he'll win delegates for 2nd place.
VA is bad for Rubio in that he'll lose another state and the 2nd place narrative continues.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Peachstapler posted:

VA is bad for Rubio in that he'll lose another state and the 2nd place narrative continues.

Ah thanks, I completely misread that and got all excited.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yeah that will be a great strat and totally wont play into the GOP HAS IT OUT FOR ME TALK if Rubio and Cruz gang up on Trump

what will actually happen is Trump will have Cruz in a head lock and keep asking why hes such a god drat liar in between pointing at rubio and asking if he wants some. friend ben is asleep at the podium.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

more like dICK posted:

Harry Reid choked a guy who tried to bribe him. He owns.

You don't bribe Harry Reid.

You hire his cousin's dipshit son as your floor boss.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
ex mex prex flex, trump to annex

trump wrex pontifex

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Where's that graph of percentage of delegates allocated over the course of the primary? The one people were using to say Trump's current delegate count is completely insignificant?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Peachstapler posted:

I think soon that even his supporters might get impatient with this 'barely-second-place-win' bullshit.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

marco rubio better watch his loving tone this PM

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Ego-bot posted:

I think soon that even his supporters might get impatient with this 'barely second-place-win' bullshit.

I think that'll happen in Florida.

• Locked thread