Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nitrox posted:

You should post some of those photographs, or funny images in general

I looked this up once when I saw the picture and the Texas Rangers sell a vegan hot dog. :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mdemone posted:

Basically a flawless victory in brand design. Seriously, I doubt I've ever seen five logos better than that one.

They also did some great work with their website url http://www.can-fap.net/

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah it was a time of mass immigration and racial tensions were high, and these sitcoms seem to have been made with the intention of reducing that (the bigoted white guy always gets his comeuppance in these things), but they backfired and became beacons for racists. the actor who played alf garnett regretted it later in life and hated being a hero for arseholes.

Well, Warren Mitchell's attitude to Alf Garnett changed depending on how big his tax bill was that year, because he bought the character out of retirement a couple of times, albeit with the racism pointed mostly towards more acceptable targets. Basically exactly the same trajectory as Al Murray's Pub Landlord character.

However if you want to talk out-there British sitcoms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw&t=53s

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well, Warren Mitchell's attitude to Alf Garnett changed depending on how big his tax bill was that year, because he bought the character out of retirement a couple of times, albeit with the racism pointed mostly towards more acceptable targets. Basically exactly the same trajectory as Al Murray's Pub Landlord character.

However if you want to talk out-there British sitcoms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw&t=53s

Reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-m1ptBzuI

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I witnessed this IRL once, my coworker had literally never heard the euphemism before and asked if the guy had tried looking for his father in any other pubs. It was very awkward.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The only thing worse than the person making that picture is the one photoshopping it to say 'the blockchain' and then reposting it under @smellyfart69 because they think they can somehow improve that timeless gem

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The only thing worse than the person making that picture is the one photoshopping it to say 'the blockchain' and then reposting it under @smellyfart69 because they think they can somehow improve that timeless gem

fool my mastery of the blockchain ensures my dominance

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The cockblockchain maybe.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Judge Schnoopy posted:

What was the original?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Devor posted:

Steak it easy, steak it easy
Don't let the sound of your own meals
drive you crazy
Fry it up while you still can
Just loving flip it with your hand
Should have found the fork beforehand
and steak it easy

From last page, needs more praise. Brilliant.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

trapped mouse posted:

What was the original?

Same thing but with less jpgs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Who is coming to him for help? Also, how many bad guys is he going to cut down with those noodly arms?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

None, because those barbarians will be packing assault rifles.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My class ring was the same color scheme as his. The other ring looks like one of those wrap-around spoon handle rings like my wife wears. Two rings side by side is kind of a no-no, isn't it? And that must hurt like hell when he shakes someone's hand.. Unless, of course, he insists on a "warrior's handshake" (which is not a real thing) and grasps their forearm instead.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
^ You assume he actually takes time away from his *~Master Sword Training~* to have actual human contact. Pretty sure the only hand that dude's ever held was his mom's.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Ozz81 posted:

^ You assume he actually takes time away from his *~Master Sword Training~* to have actual human contact. Pretty sure the only hand that dude's ever held was his mom's.

Why does he have his rings on the most dominant fingers of his dominant hand? Because he does nothing, so they've never gotten in the way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

New Leaf posted:

Who is coming to him for help? Also, how many bad guys is he going to cut down with those noodly arms?

The females.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ozz81 posted:

That isn't the Master Sword.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kaizoku posted:

Why does he have his rings on the most dominant fingers of his dominant hand? Because he does nothing, so they've never gotten in the way.

Feels good when he whacks it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaizoku posted:

That's gotta be annoying as hell while using a computer mouse for ten+ hours a day.

RyokoTK posted:

That isn't the Master Sword.

You say that like he's only got one sword in his hooker murder hole basement.

Also he's going to be very surprised when he realizes he should've studied the old adage "you don't bring a knife to a gunfight".

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

RyokoTK posted:

I dunno, the placement of that maple leaf sounds pretty bad to me. :v:

Noice

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You say that like he's only got one sword in his hooker murder hole basement.

Also he's going to be very surprised when he realizes he should've studied the old adage "you don't bring a knife to a gunfight".

He wouldn't have a Master Sword because it isn't an honorable Japanese katana, which he will use to block the bullets in a gunfight. It's fine.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mooooom will you take my picture with this sword please

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The fact that he went to the trouble of hanging a bit of fabric in the background for his photo shows that he put some effort into it so I guess that was the most dynamic pose out of the roll they shot??? loving hell.

Or maybe he went to the photo booth at the mall and got the lady with the handpuppet to take the photo for him??

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The best part for me is the lovely sub-$200 wall katana. Is that all he could afford with his block chain earnings?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I bet his mom was pissed when she saw he cut up her finest denim muumuu for that backdrop.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I'm not exactly a sword genius or anything, but shouldn't his thumb be on the hilt side of the handle?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Really want to know what "studying the blade" means in this context, because kendo and iado aren't going to save you in the apocalypse.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Really want to know what "studying the blade" means in this context, because kendo and iado aren't going to save you in the apocalypse.

He's played a lot of fallout and melee weapons are valid there so you shut your mouth before he makes you close it with the 21-foot rule

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The fact that he went to the trouble of hanging a bit of fabric in the background for his photo shows that he put some effort into it so I guess that was the most dynamic pose out of the roll they shot??? loving hell.

Or maybe he went to the photo booth at the mall and got the lady with the handpuppet to take the photo for him??

The wrinkled shirt and unshaven face tells me this was a spur-the-moment type deal. Poorly placed, yet professional lighting says it's at his home and done himself. I'd take a wild stab at the camera being on a tripod due to the poor cropping around his head and feet.

This is 100% done by himself on a random afternoon to build up his internet cred.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

stubblyhead posted:

I'm not exactly a sword genius or anything, but shouldn't his thumb be on the hilt side of the handle?

Now how do you expect to defend yourself from a vicious marauding plastic bottle on a post if you haven't perfected the reverse grip technique??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WCW0pJZyhk

There's a bunch more videos just like this on youtube if you search for 'reverse grip katana'

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Feb 25, 2016

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Like a bullet could get past his Dragon Wind Wall technique. Geez. What animes have YOU been watching?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Are we assuming that the person who added the plainly ridiculous text is the same person who posed for the picture? And if so, why?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Strudel Man posted:

Are we assuming that the person who added the plainly ridiculous text is the same person who posed for the picture? And if so, why?

Don't bring reason into this. Don't you loving dare. This nerd is getting owned, owned so hard.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Now how do you expect to defend yourself from a vicious marauding plastic bottle on a post if you haven't perfected the reverse grip technique??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WCW0pJZyhk

There's a bunch more videos just like this on youtube if you search for 'reverse grip katana'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMct1s_JwVo gotta love the Final Fantasy music spliced overtop.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

stubblyhead posted:

I thought so too, but if he was sheathing the sword it wouldn't be out of the question I suppose. If he were drawing it, that would be a really awkward grip, as if he was going to strike someone with a knife.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Strudel Man posted:

it doesn't need to be for him to still be a huge dorklord

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

El Cid posted:

Like a bullet could get past his Dragon Wind Wall technique. Geez. What animes have YOU been watching?

Pffft, that's clearly inferior to the Dragon Twister technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqVQT9Det6Q

Edit: did we ever figure out who "Mr Rob" was? The guy he made this video for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The wrinkled shirt and unshaven face tells me this was a spur-the-moment type deal. Poorly placed, yet professional lighting says it's at his home and done himself. I'd take a wild stab at the camera being on a tripod due to the poor cropping around his head and feet.

This is 100% done by himself on a random afternoon to build up his internet cred.

Pfft, look at this dweeb. Who the gently caress irons anymore? And chin scruff is hardcore as gently caress.

• Locked thread