Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
google THIS

combine a cleaner that kills 99.9% of germs with a cleaner that kills 0.1% of germs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

google THIS posted:

combine a cleaner that kills 99.9% of germs with a cleaner that kills 0.1% of germs

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

google THIS

world hunger? two words: giant snickers

Mexican Deathgasm

a kettle that is black and white like a cow and makes a mooing sound instead of whistling when it boils. this solves my problem of not having a cow kettle that moos when it boils.

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

google THIS posted:

world hunger? two words: giant snickers
Or the twinkie from Ghostbusters

DeepQantas

Confessing that you may have exaggerated the jew problem a bit...

google THIS

a microwave with a built-in ant colony for self cleaning

(also oven/toaster/other?)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
1. Dig a big, deep hole in the middle of the desert. I mean BIG. Cover it with a large, transparent lid.

2. Dig a trench from the ocean to the hole.

3. Build a dam so as to contain the water from going into the big, deep hole too fast.

4. Allow the water to go through the dam, and generate electricity.

5. When the sea water goes into the hole, which is in the desert, it will evaporate and need to be replenished.

6. The evaporated water will condense underneath the large, transparent lid. Channel this water off so it can be used for drinking and watering crops.

You get unlimited water from the ocean to generate non-polluting electricity as well as potable water- in the desert.

Drawbacks are an impact on the desert ecosystem with a big hole, as well as an eventual buildup of salts.

Another variation of this idea is to dig long, shallow wide canals into the desert with a dam at each point where the ocean connects to generate electricity. The general idea is to use the evaporation properties of the desert to allow the replenishment of seawater to generate electricity as it flows, and also provide potable water in the process.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Oxygenate the oceans to increase fish populations with giant, solar powered aquarium bubblers mounted on retired US Navy vessels as barges.

Use forced air systems to pump CO2 into the ocean at the Sargasso Sea, a huge forest of seaweed. Plants need CO2, so by pumping atmospheric air underwater so as to force it to rise through the seaweed forest the seaweed will sequester the CO2 and help reverse climate change. Oxygen in the air will also supply fish populations with plenty of oxygenated water, enhancing the ocean's food chain.

Mexican Deathgasm

make all drag fishing illegal. voila, replenished fish stocks.

Decon

Splatmaster posted:

Drawbacks are an impact on the desert ecosystem with a big hole, as well as an eventual buildup of salts.

1. Invent fad diet revolving around these particular salts; come up with some nonsense about the desert sands and rocks having some nonsense mineral.

2. Sell the salt at otherwise impossible markups.

Good job. You recouped losses from hiring all those people to scrape salt off your evaporator basin, and solved your salt problem.

(Any pipes saltwater goes through are still done for though. :shrug:)

Decon

If you're worried about a computer virus, just sprinkle some Emerngen-C on your keyboard, and let your PC rest for a day or two. Your PC will build its immune system, and this is cheaper than antivirus programs.

FutonForensic

small dick? don't stand so far away

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Smoke weed every day.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

1. Dig a big, deep hole in the middle of the desert. I mean BIG. Cover it with a large, transparent lid.

2. Dig a trench from the ocean to the hole.

3. Build a dam so as to contain the water from going into the big, deep hole too fast.

4. Allow the water to go through the dam, and generate electricity.

5. When the sea water goes into the hole, which is in the desert, it will evaporate and need to be replenished.

6. The evaporated water will condense underneath the large, transparent lid. Channel this water off so it can be used for drinking and watering crops.

You get unlimited water from the ocean to generate non-polluting electricity as well as potable water- in the desert.

Another variation of this idea is to dig long, shallow wide canals into the desert with a dam at each point where the ocean connects to generate electricity. The general idea is to use the evaporation properties of the desert to allow the replenishment of seawater to generate electricity as it flows, and also provide potable water in the process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qattara_Depression_Project

b h m

- use 99.9% antibacterial
- 0.01% left behind
- use 99.9% antibacterial again
- 0.0099% left behind
- use 99.9% antibacterial a third time
- 0.009890% left behind
- where did that trailing 0 come from omg

between this and cleaning half the house today, half of whats left tomorrow, and so on i feel like im never going to get this place clean :(

b h m

Wipe Your Asymptote

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
toilet paper dispenser worn on your belt

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
put food directly into the toilet instead of eating, same with water and other liquids

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

put food directly into the toilet instead of eating, same with water and other liquids

guy pouring pretzels and beer into a toilet at a bar: "wow I'm at record efficiency here"

google THIS

b h m posted:

- use 99.9% antibacterial
- 0.01% left behind
- use 99.9% antibacterial again
- 0.0099% left behind
- use 99.9% antibacterial a third time
- 0.009890% left behind
- where did that trailing 0 come from omg

between this and cleaning half the house today, half of whats left tomorrow, and so on i feel like im never going to get this place clean :(

that's one of mr. cleano's paradoxes

google THIS

Luvcow posted:

now we're back on track

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Neat! Thanks

On topic- oven mitts soaked in liquid nitrogen to keep your beer cold

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 25, 2016

Piso Mojado

google THIS posted:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

dogs that age backwards so you can have ultra well behaved puppies

DeepQantas

Luvcow posted:

Put foot inside toilet. Pour beer directly into your catheter pouch.

alnilam

instead of shoveling/plowing snow, just wait until it gets warm out and let nature do the work for you

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

use citrus flavored toothpaste so you can still drink OJ in the morning

DeepQantas

Replace your kid's teeth with money and cut the middle man.

DeepQantas

(Don't actually do that. Fairy Union is a p. mean bunch)

MrWillsauce

be gay

bacalou

bowls with two lines showing cereal and cereal+milk amounts so you get the perfect pour every time

bacalou

a vaporizer built into scuba gear so i can get dank in the tank after the ship sank

bacalou

grape ice cream so i can have peanut butter and jelly ice cream

bacalou

a watch that tells time, but also tells me how many times i've checked it in the last hour, preventing me from acting too suspicious in public

bacalou

a lamp that lights up my life (metaphorically)

DeepQantas

bacalou posted:

bowls with two lines showing cereal and cereal+milk amounts so you get the perfect pour every time
Magic marker that's not milk soluble so you can mod any old bowl

Chibi Peppers

Decon posted:

1. Invent fad diet revolving around these particular salts; come up with some nonsense about the desert sands and rocks having some nonsense mineral.

2. Sell the salt at otherwise impossible markups.

the whole foods way

FreshCutFries

google THIS posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

DeepQantas posted:

(Don't actually do that. Fairy Union is a p. mean bunch)

We always think we're pulling a real fast one over those tooth fairies, "haha, money for this old thing? sure i'm not even using it anymore, sucker" but did you ever stop and think...maybe those clever bastards know something about teeth that we don't???

• Locked thread