Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

dont stop donald im so close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

:killdozer:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Brannock posted:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-admit-there-is-no-denying-trump-is-their-frontrunner-now

quote:

“We had members who were out there trying to convince people across the country that all we had to do was wave the magic wand and we could repeal Obamacare like the president is going to repeal the bill that has his name on it.”
Boy Senator Thune, it's almost as if you might have wanted to call out the Tea Party on its bullshit at some point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

Trump isn't that good at debating though. He could easily get stumped on specific policy stuff.

He's done bad in specific polls about debate performance but the real measure of it a debate matters is if it affects elections / primary polling, by which he's never lost outside of IA.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

He is Inverse Bullworth now. It's an artistic performance executed to perfection.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mitt Romney posted:

Trump isn't that good at debating though.

bullshit

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Donald Trump using profanity? Well I never.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

I'm hearing this in Loki's voice for some reason.

Actually, now that I think about it, Trump being an incarnation of the Norse trickster god would make a WHOLE lot of sense.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

He actually sucks at it when theres not an ensemble of clowns on stage filling in the gaps for him.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

The debates are going to get harder and harder for Trump as time goes on because he waffles really hard when not just throwing out insults in the chaos. That and the fact that the knives are going to start coming out in greater and greater numbers because Marco and Cruz have nothing to lose.

Uh of course they do, they actually have to worry about political futures and they are young enough to not care about losing this time.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/91bXmuZ.webm

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

shiksa posted:

He actually sucks at it when theres not an ensemble of clowns on stage filling in the gaps for him.

did all four of the other candidates die in a plane crash today?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

evilweasel posted:

mccain makes it official

lmao

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Alter Ego posted:

If I had that GIF of Principal Skinner going "Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong" I'd post it here.

First of all: https://frinkiac.com/ get with the times man!

Nietzschean posted:

"The front-runner in this race, Donald Trump, has said he's not going to take sides on Israel versus the Palestinians because he wants to be an honest broker," Rubio said.

Second of all, Trump doesn't even need to get the ball rolling on his upcoming pivot to the center, The republican frontrunner (for 3rd place) Marco Rubio is doing the job for him!

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Was Rubio supposed to say "front-runner" or should I file a bug report?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

... That's what you're going to attack Trump on, Marco? The one reasonably sane thing he said about the Middle East?

loving Christ.

Trump said that?

He really is the best Republican.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

This needs Chris Christie's or Trump's face

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
I don't think trump ever said he wouldn't take sides? Two days ago:

quote:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump stated that he sees Israel as the victim in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and he would “100%” come to its defense if it was attacked in an interview broadcast on Monday’s “Hannity” on the Fox News Channel.

Trump was asked about his comments that he would be “neutral” in the conflict between Israel and Palestine, and whether he sees “that Israel is the victim in this?” Trump said that he does and that he’s “a great friend of Israel.”

He added that making a deal between Israel and Palestine would be “the ultimate deal” if it was possible, and “I have been told by people, very high level people, it’s impossible, because the hatred, especially on the one side, I won’t even say which side –”

After host Sean Hannity cut in with, “On the Palestinian side.” Trump continued, “is so intense. It’s so incredible, and from the time they’re 2 years old they’re told to hate, to hate, to hate. It’s got to be taken away.”

Trump concluded that if Israel was attacked, “

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/23/trump-israel-is-victim-in-conflict-with-palestine-if-attacked-100-id-come-to-their-defense/

Sounds like a baseless attack by the rubester

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Epic High Five posted:

No matter what happens, the GOPe will be kissing the ring of either Cruz or Trump and I would pay good money to be there to watch this happen

We would all pay good money to see most parts of this primary - that's the beauty of it. We don't have to.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

I don't think trump ever said he wouldn't take sides? Two days ago:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/23/trump-israel-is-victim-in-conflict-with-palestine-if-attacked-100-id-come-to-their-defense/

Sounds like a baseless attack by the rubester

He said it on MSNBC, ensuring only his anti-Israel Pol base heard it. They love them some Joe and Mika. And no, they don't vote, but they control the memes, and those who control the memes control the primary.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pander posted:

Boy Senator Thune, it's almost as if you might have wanted to call out the Tea Party on its bullshit at some point.

This honestly is the key to Trump's success. Folks were told to vote R and they'd have their wholesome, small government America free of brown people and their communist opinions. Folks were told that conservativism could not fail, but only be failed, and moved the goalposts ever further to the right.

And yet here we are, after a bunch of Tea Party wins, and we still have a Kenyan Muslim President with his name on the Death Panels Law, and now on top of that the gays can get married. What the gently caress, Republicans? You sold 'em a line and didn't give 'em what you promised. This is why they're angry. With you.

Burn it all down. Betrayers! Liars! Complete disaster, the whole thing. Only Trump can save us.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Nietzschean posted:

This honestly is the key to Trump's success. Folks were told to vote R and they'd have their wholesome, small government America free of brown people and their communist opinions. Folks were told that conservativism could not fail, but only be failed, and moved the goalposts ever further to the right.

And yet here we are, after a bunch of Tea Party wins, and we still have a Kenyan Muslim President with his name on the Death Panels Law, and now on top of that the gays can get married. What the gently caress, Republicans? You sold 'em a line and didn't give 'em what you promised. This is why they're angry. With you.

Burn it all down. Betrayers! Liars! Complete disaster, the whole thing. Only Trump can save us.

Be careful, I can see the Boosted within you starting to simmer, boy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

hahaha

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

But Trump is promising the exact same poo poo, only bigger and more luxurious?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

neonnoodle posted:

I laughed at Jeb! because I did not yet understand that I am Jeb! We are all Jeb! :smith:

Then it doesn't end well for any of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD_MNutlFIQ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Huckabee's daughter has joined Team Trump.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-for-president-announces-new-senior-advisor-sarah-huckabee-s

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/702957278698143744

Where does that 33% ceiling poo poo come from anyway?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

zoux posted:

The same people who confidently announced his last ceiling.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

zoux posted:

Wishful thinking.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

This is going to end up in one of those scenarios where Trump has the children of the vanquished chained to his throne, isn't it

zoux posted:

Trump didn't get more than ~30-35% in NH or SC (and his national polls were capping out at around the same, with some outliers in the 40s) so the meme was that Trump had hit his top end of support

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

evilweasel posted:

So there's one opening Joementum sort of alluded to: in many states Trump doesn't get to pick his delegates, they're just required to vote for him in the first round of the nomination. But I don't think they have to vote the way he says on convention rules.

If Trump goes into the convention with a plurality of delegates, it goes to a second ballot, and the RNC convinces his delegates to vote for Rubio on a second ballot, that would absolutely be the end of the Republican Party on a presidential level.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The only downside of the Trumpenreich is that my rent is gonna skyrocket when the capital is moved from that low-energy swamp on the Potomac to New York.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nietzschean posted:

Yup. As some conservative commentator (forget the name) put it, Trump is the result of twenty years of right-wing media conditioning its listeners to be angry and spiteful.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pander posted:

But Trump is promising the exact same poo poo, only bigger and more luxurious?
Where's that O'Reilly clip where he warns about there not being enough angry white people to support the Republican party going forward?

He was so wrong.

The angry white people keep being promised action, and they're fed up with not getting it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

This is going to end up in one of those scenarios where Trump has the children of the vanquished chained to his throne, isn't it

George P is friends with Don Jr, and Eric Trump...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Yup. As some conservative commentator (forget the name) put it, Trump is the result of twenty years of right-wing media conditioning its listeners to be angry and spiteful.

It would only be good if the GOP were capable of recognizing that they did something wrong and bad.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Donald Trump Shouts ‘F Word’ Multiple Times In Las Vegas Speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nietzschean posted:

Where's that O'Reilly clip where he warns about there not being enough angry white people to support the Republican party going forward?

He was so wrong.

The angry white people keep being promised action, and they're fed up with not getting it.

In the long run, O'Reilly's probably right.

But they might just have one more election in them before they go.

• Locked thread