Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm trying to help Lowtax sustain his internet connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Drythe posted:

ICR inviting pubbies to literally everything

The problem is how do we uninvite you?

Edit: welcome Jujojoh, good job beating me senseless in the 110

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can you get tonybing next

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

jujojoh posted:

Hi. Pub nub scrub rouge checking in. Found out about you guys and someone helped me out here. Figured I should say hello.

First, snorrence has the best video so far. Almost want to forfeit the tourney to see one more week of his video. But I am a Canadian and $5 USD nets me a lot top ramen.

Second, I gotta say, you guys are beasts. Been eating a lot of Disney dicks and ramen to beat snorrence but this is going to be some tight match.

Otherwise, I will check here frequently so you guys can continue your bashing.

wow a j4g for the shittiest game ever

now I done seen bout everythin

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ah, you found Goblin's quote for Spider-Gwen?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

jujojoh posted:

Hi. Pub nub scrub rouge checking in. Found out about you guys and someone helped me out here. Figured I should say hello.

First, snorrence has the best video so far. Almost want to forfeit the tourney to see one more week of his video. But I am a Canadian and $5 USD nets me a lot top ramen.

Second, I gotta say, you guys are beasts. Been eating a lot of Disney dicks and ramen to beat snorrence but this is going to be some tight match.

Don't forget to make your introduction thread in GBS.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

make every pubbie a goon

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Can you get tonybing next

I don't think my boy tony would fit in too well here.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

jujojoh posted:

Welcome jujojoh! Don't worry about the match-up with snorrence. He's famously terrible at this game, and we all just pretend he's good because it's kind of sad for him. The only reason he managed to make it this far in the tournament is because he's been up against some major scrubs. Same thing last time as well.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah Mr. 69 is pretty bad. We are all bad actually.

Except soothingvapors. He is where all the talent is.

Dude wanted to enter the tourney but we had to say no. Just wouldn't have been fair...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
finally an ICR post that is not a lie

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Is it opposite day already

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
1) We've already said we're making changes based on the feedback. This Omega update was intended to make things simpler, easier to use, and less punishing for new players. It hit the veterans harder than intended, and it's getting changed. Simple as that. We're going over the full plan now and will update you when we have something.

Test Center will not be going up today while we make our changes. Thanks all.

Never change anything so the super autists don't kill themselves

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

1) We've already said we're making changes based on the feedback. This Omega update was intended to make things simpler, easier to use, and less punishing for new players. It hit the veterans harder than intended, and it's getting changed. Simple as that. We're going over the full plan now and will update you when we have something.

We almost lost some good men today. The Tisms...what would we have ever done?!?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Is ThePowerCosmic still used? Seems i have 2 of them

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

haha they closed the general discussion thread about the omega "rework"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

iuvian posted:

haha they closed the general discussion thread about the omega "rework"

Haha it was a bloodbath. Almost put the variant stuff to shame.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

madstrike posted:

I believe it's worse than the appropriate level 80 legendary in all situations, but better than the 70 ones for various hybrids (and a "good enough" option if you're new and/or short on Odin marks)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Soothing Vapors posted:

wow a j4g for the shittiest game ever

now I done seen bout everythin
When you see a good post by Soothing Vapors you can finally die complete.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

madstrike posted:

They're not ultra top tier BiS optimal but on a hybrid character they are good enough to do any of the hard content, cosmic danger room and axis included, provided the rest of your equipment is good as well.

On Rogue or tri damage Doom, it's like 10% short of an ilvl80 legendary damage wise but also has some good defensive benefits, so highly recommended on those two.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

When you see a good post by Soothing Vapors you can finally die complete.

we're all going to live forever, then

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

jujojoh posted:

I liked your builds for the first 2 rounds, think you changed it for doom.

In other news I read angelas comics and they were ok, I liked the 1602 one. Now I'm excited for her in ap3.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

phosdex posted:

I liked your builds for the first 2 rounds, think you changed it for doom.

In other news I read angelas comics and they were ok, I liked the 1602 one. Now I'm excited for her in ap3.

Will reply more later but basically had to change for doom. Rain of fire was a net loss due to its randomness in dps. Compound that with doom terminals utter gently caress fest rng in boss spawn and bullshit shield, it was too much RNG to run it properly. My change was mainly for subbing rain of poo poo to crashing hail, as hail gave a good sustaining buff that had a long duration, no cd on skill and just reducing overall dps. I tried running new setup on mandarin and was able to crush my previous time.

Above is without my iron man passive toggle which I completely forgot to turn in on for all my trial runs. Which in hindsight, could have saved me some time with additional 800+ DR it provides

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

jujojoh posted:

Using those big esports winnings to join the club, I like it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

Adding 2500 omegas = resetting omegas? Or were they really resetting omegas with the update? Igdi.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm trying to help Lowtax sustain his internet connection.

Eve thread does that fine.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Glad it's just a hairy dude and not a mutant

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Trolled.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Gaz finally realizing that the furry market is where the money is.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Part of me is ecstatic, this rounds out characters I cared about and isn't Wasp!

Another part of me is fearful that this is going to be our new Blade.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh my god. Poor captainhankpym. He is going to kill himself.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We should get our own teenage turkish man to help him

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Good suicide note.

Edit: On a more real note; very excited for hankpym meltdown.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

brb processing a chargeback for AP3

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

FranktheBank posted:

Good suicide note.

yeah....... for you!!!!!!!!!! :c00l:

P.S. it turns out that big omega nerf wasn't actually much of nerf, but Gaz is so bad at communicating concepts that they didn't get it across to people lmao

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/265239/new-omega-theorycraft-analysis/p1

Tumedus posted:

So in the interest of being objective, I actually recorded the skill costs of the various nodes in the test center and plugged them into my Cyke profile to see how far I could get at 7500, and, if I needed more, how far I would need to go into it, to get back to where I started.

For the TLDR crowd, the new system is actually not a nerf. This will vary based on the character, of course, but if I can do it, I imagine most others can do it too.

[. . .]

7464 points used . . . The result was an estimated 40,000 increase in damage. Not a huge amount relative to 3.4 million dps, but since the concern is it being a nerf, even a marginal gain is worthwhile.

Now before I close this out, I should make some caveats. I did not emprically test all of the new nodes, I simply applied the same uptime ratios that should hold based on other node testing I have done in the past.

[. . .]

It is also worth noting that I did not take Psionic Overload. That skill in the new system is Language! monsterous and honestly needs to be nerfed hard. I get that it has downsides, but the power potential it possesses right now puts too much advantage into characters with innate healing.

So how could this be?! Everything was nerfed!

Well, there are a couple of reasons that became clear as I ran through the numbers. The first is that, while nodes like Warpath lost some of their efficiency (yet still remained worthwhile) nodes like Sunfire gained a lot of efficiency due to the flat cost. Previously, it was only worth going to 3-4 maybe 5 for a pure, but in the new system its worth taking all 10, and while it may seem small, those excess efficiency gains offset the other efficiency losses.

The second is that for a 2 type hybrid, the new tab offers a lot of damage potential that didn't exist before. I realize that doesn't help pures, but based on my numbers and the above factor, while a pure may have to go past 7500, I don't think they will have to go that far past to even out.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

are you actually going to blame gaz for oforum morons not bothering to do any research or testing

tumedus' breakdown lines up pretty closely with what i saw on tc last night - a minor damage bump mostly attributable to having more points

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ndub posted:

are you actually going to blame gaz for oforum morons not bothering to do any research or testing
Ya, I am

They know exactly how stupid their playerbase is, they explained the revamp very poorly, and they rolled it for testing in a patch that incidentally happened to break all of the ratings, so some dumbos who actually DID test thought their TTK like tripled

On the plus side, they did get an extremely entertaining forum revolution out of it

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

here's where I trot out the ol "it would be great if Gaz had a community manager!!" chestnut

except fatso isn't actually the community manager anymore so it doesn't work

but still

• Locked thread