Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

It won't matter.

Nothing matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Weird I do the same thing when I look at polls.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hannity predicts Rubio is going full out on Trump tonight because of the Florida poll.

Jamie Dupree tells Hannity Rubio may want to hold his fire as Rubio has two debates AFTER this one before Florida.

There are SO many debates.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Cruz sending emails trying to raise nearly $800,000 by Super Tuesday

gently caress you

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

quote:

This white tiger and I go way back. Come over here, white tiger. Yeah, come over here. Let me tell you about this white tiger. There’s no better businessman in this state than this white tiger, and I really mean that. We’ve made some big deals together. I’m probably going to make this white tiger my running mate. Also, I have a lot of money.

I love Trump. This man needs to win it.

He also spoke wisdom even back then:

quote:

We build a school, we build a road, they blow up the school, we build another school, we build another road they blow them up, we build again, in the meantime we can’t get a loving school in Brooklyn.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Hannity predicts Rubio is going full out on Trump tonight because of the Florida poll.

Jamie Dupree tells Hannity Rubio may want to hold his fire as Rubio has two debates AFTER this one before Florida.

It's dangerous to go too hard on a single candidate at this debate. Cruz/Kasich/Rubio will all be looking to jump on both Trump and the other two. If you attack Trump full bore and open yourself up someone is going to take your metaphorical legs out.

I think the best path for candidates not named Trump in this debate is to keep it substantive and relatively good natured.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Trump's campaign has literally become this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA&t=24s

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

... That's what you're going to attack Trump on, Marco? The one reasonably sane thing he said about the Middle East?

loving Christ.

HAhahahahahhaha

In what so far is the largest ever rejection of Neoconservatism by voters, Donald Trump hasn't stated his unequivocal support for Israel. Give me a fuckin' break Rubio

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

There technically are, but if Trump sweeps Super Tuesday the next debate is just going to be Trump in golden lectica, rolling his eyes at the other candidates and waving off question to indicate he doesn't deign answer them, while Megyn Kelly feeds him grapes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress YOU CRUZ - Donald Trump, February 25th GOP Primary Presidential Debate

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Trump: Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero
Carson: Oingo Boingo - Weird Science
Cruz: Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole
Rubio: Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Kasich: Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
Clinton: Pet Shop Boys - You Were Always On My Mind
Sanders: Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

squidgee posted:

Trump's campaign has literally become this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA&t=24s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Zl1kggM6E&t=40s

not that far off from his rally intro

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

It's dangerous to go too hard on a single candidate at this debate. Cruz/Kasich/Rubio will all be looking to jump on both Trump and the other two. If you attack Trump full bore and open yourself up someone is going to take your metaphorical legs out.

I think the best path for candidates not named Trump in this debate is to keep it substantive and relatively good natured.

-jebs campaign manager

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Are the other republican candidates going to end up like the Reno Gang before or after Trump's nomination?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

-jebs campaign manager

The uglier the debate gets, the better for trump it gets imo. I have no idea if anyone is actually going to do it, but just going for each other's throats when there are still so many people on stage is risky.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

squidgee posted:

Yeah except Trump's IQ is lower than Not Sure's, and he doesn't have anyone that smart working for him.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

In sports and other competitive events, there's the idea that there's a difference between "playing to win" and "playing not to lose". What you just described above is the latter.

Now tell me. Who is playing to win?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Donald Trump, a man who cut a campaign ad for Bibi, who has a hotel in Israel, and has Jewish grandkids is anti-Israel.

Ok there Rubio.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Brannock posted:

In sports and other competitive events, there's the idea that there's a difference between "playing to win" and "playing not to lose". What you just described above is the latter.

Now tell me. Who is playing to win?

Debates don't win campaigns, but they can certainly lose them. :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheTatteredKing posted:

This whole election has been, well you made that bed now you poo poo in it.

This whole primary is making me want to poo poo in my bed just because it's the one time no one will care

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Thump! posted:

Yeah except Trump's IQ is lower than Not Sure's, and he doesn't have anyone that smart working for him.

Back when I first saw Idiocracy I thought it was kind of unfunny and condescending.

And yet here I am, 11 years later, being reminded of it by the presumptive Republican party nominee.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

The uglier the debate gets, the better for trump it gets imo. I have no idea if anyone is actually going to do it, but just going for each other's throats when there are still so many people on stage is risky.

That's not the point, if ST is a blowout this thing is all but over. There simply isn't time for your strategy any more. You need to change the narrative around tonight and have Trump underperform in ST states.

Your strat is a flat out admission it's over and it will be transparently seen that way.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AndreaTantaros/status/702967551702274049

Agreed super hot fox lady, agreed.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Montasque posted:

rubio's gonna get loving shredded

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this is the dumbest and lamest line of attack ever
you want to actually attack the Donald on foreign policy? call him weak on foreign policy. say his ideas are stupid and foolish. say he's a moron. the voters are pissed off and looking for a strongman. they don't care which strongman, but trump is the only one in the race right now.

trump's support doesn't come from personal affinity for trump-- a year ago he believed the exact opposite of everything he's saying now. it comes from their affinity for his strongman persona. if there was another candidate acting like that he might actually be able to stump the trump. but as long as they're all genteel country club republicans, weak-rear end momma's boys, and whackaloon Jesus freaks, they're not going to be able to budge him. this poo poo isn't going to work.

if the RNC had seen this coming and run a specific trump-stumper-- someone really loving pissed off, furious, ranting about how he was going to burn the system down, but maybe being a bit more of a traditional conservative on stuff like planned parenthood, he'd probably split the trump vote 50/50. as it is trump saw an unfilled opening in the race and jumped in.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

That's not the point, if ST is a blowout this thing is all but over. There simply isn't time for your strategy any more. You need to change the narrative around tonight and have Trump underperform in ST states.

Your strat is a flat out admission it's over and it will be transparently seen that way.

Donald Trump must die

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Is there anything I can do at this point to prevent getting sent to one of the Trump camps, or is the best I can hope for getting assigned to one of the more luxurious ones?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl posted:

can you link that soundbite of him going

ITS NOT MY JOB TO VOTE FOR PEOPLE, DAMMIT or something

tia

Montasque please tia

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

you want to actually attack the Donald on foreign policy? call him weak on foreign policy. say his ideas are stupid and foolish. say he's a moron. the voters are pissed off and looking for a strongman. they don't care which strongman, but trump is the only one in the race right now.

trump's support doesn't come from personal affinity for trump-- a year ago he believed the exact opposite of everything he's saying now. it comes from their affinity for his strongman persona. if there was another candidate acting like that he might actually be able to stump the trump. but as long as they're all genteel country club republicans, weak-rear end momma's boys, and whackaloon Jesus freaks, they're not going to be able to budge him. this poo poo isn't going to work.

if the RNC had seen this coming and run a specific trump-stumper-- someone really loving pissed off, furious, ranting about how he was going to burn the system down, but maybe being a bit more of a traditional conservative on stuff like planned parenthood, he'd probably split the trump vote 50/50. as it is trump saw an unfilled opening in the race and jumped in.

You're missing something very important: It doesn't matter. Nothing matters.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I feel like calling him wrong is never going to hurt him--but calling him weak might. Insinuating that he'd be weak-willed because he doesn't know foreign policy might get his temper to spike.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Lemming posted:

Is there anything I can do at this point to prevent getting sent to one of the Trump camps, or is the best I can hope for getting assigned to one of the more luxurious ones?

purchase one of these

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Chris Christie was a total nonstarter, though. Christie was going to be the "gently caress you" rear end in a top hat from Jersey candidate until Trump did it but 10x better.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Daughters turning on fathers...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised the red-and-white became the official hat, I think the white with gold lettering looks much better.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

Montasque please tia

ITS NOT MY JOB TO GET RUSH CLIPS FOR YOU DAMNIT!

https://twitter.com/jko417/status/699802141263798272

But I do it out of love.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

mannerup posted:

purchase one of these

Choose the camo one so it's harder for the gold shirts to find you.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Jackson Taus posted:

It seems like it's getting harder and harder to ratfuck him out of the primary short of blatantly changing the convention rules (and even that only works if he's barely over the 50%+1 threshold). If he crushes on Super Tuesday it's not like even a serious body blow would knock him off the nomination path. At this point, only a straight-up annihilation will do the job.

Assuming Rubio and Cruz both stay in for the duration, and polling stays roughly the same (and Trump wins Ohio), Trump will cross the threshold most likely in late May just before the final primaries. Given all the above AND if Kasich wins Ohio, Trump most likely will not get enough delegates to clinch the nomination. (Kasich probably won't win Ohio.)

There's quite a few winner-take-all states (and ones that effectively are in the current climate thanks to 20% vote share thresholds to qualify for delegates) but Trump isn't running away with it, either, and won't be unless he starts posting 50%+ vs. the rest of the field.

http://cookpolitical.com/story/9305

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 25, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Wasn't this basically how Rand Paul and Ted Cruz both got elected? Wasn't the angry rear end in a top hat schtick Chris Christie's thing before Trump came in and stole it?

The GOP simply cannot stump Trump.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Alter Ego posted:

I feel like calling him wrong is never going to hurt him--but calling him weak might. Insinuating that he'd be weak-willed because he doesn't know foreign policy might get his temper to spike.

this is exactly correct. his supporters don't care if he's wrong because they're not supporting him because he's right. they're supporting him because he's Strong and Tough and promising to kick all those assholes in Washington in the teeth. if he looks weak his campaign crumbles.

the best possible outcome for Rubio is to needle Trump until he descends into a sputtering rage then mock him and imitate him like he did that disabled reporter. he won't do this because he's a synth, but if he did it would likely kill the Donald's momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

squidgee posted:

Back when I first saw Idiocracy I thought it was kind of unfunny and condescending.

And yet here I am, 11 years later, being reminded of it by the presumptive Republican party nominee.

I love Trump but if he loses at least I won't have to hear another loving unoriginal Idiocracy joke and I'm so fed up I may just prefer he lose. They're gonna get even more deafening in the general election.

• Locked thread