Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Did anyone post this one?

Her facial expression and the way they're standing gives that an unintended but pretty hilarious American Gothic look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

It has begun.
There will be Rom cosplay within the year.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Moatman posted:

It has begun.

Guess I should get cracking. Cosplay to your body type and all.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It irrationally bugs me when the Doll is shorter than the Hunter. :colbert:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

scandoslav posted:

You honestly believe they'd invest the time and energy and resources to kidnap children and train them up to be garbagemen?

edit: unless you meant garbage (guard) duty, in which case: :agreed:

As someone who did his time in a conscript army (even if it is one not kidnapping children), I can tell you with having conscripts available, who do poo poo for basically no money, yes, yes you will give them all and any job that needs doing, especially dirty ones. Sure, you could pay Aisha from Clean4You 500 $ a month to clean up the floors, and she'd do a great job, but you could order Soldier #2345 and #56343 to do it instead of sitting on their rear end all day. They will half-rear end it, but they cost basically nothing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Moatman posted:

It has begun.

??

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
??

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Wouldn't take much to adjust that dude's costume for some prime telling people that there's another settlement that needs our help.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The empire doesn't strike me as the type to bother with euphemisms anyway.

I mean, they use names like "Death Star" and "Starkiller" for crying out loud.

But the Death Star was (no) moon, and Starkiller killed planets.

They're really about overselling their stock.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Anora posted:

A four man group... of Janitors?

There's only one group that can fit that description :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss4xmCbB-0Q

Fun mechanics, great gameplay, amazing OST.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

blarzgh posted:

But the Death Star was (no) moon, and Starkiller killed planets.

They're really about overselling their stock.

Starkiller killed stars too, by sucking them in to use for ammo.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Why is that female wearing clothes UGH

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

Starkiller killed stars too, by sucking them in to use for ammo.

FAIR.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Decius posted:

As someone who did his time in a conscript army (even if it is one not kidnapping children), I can tell you with having conscripts available, who do poo poo for basically no money, yes, yes you will give them all and any job that needs doing, especially dirty ones. Sure, you could pay Aisha from Clean4You 500 $ a month to clean up the floors, and she'd do a great job, but you could order Soldier #2345 and #56343 to do it instead of sitting on their rear end all day. They will half-rear end it, but they cost basically nothing.

I figured the Empire had plenty of techs and regular non-stormtrooper military for that (see: first death star's personnel, and the scores of storm troopers standing around in their armor on said death star), but maybe things have changed since then.

If I ever had the motivation (read: relationship) for cosplay, I'd be sorely tempted to try this:

which looks really neat but usually seems to end up looking kind of doofy:

It's difficult to emulate cartoon anatomy/clothing/physics, I guess.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cloning technology has come a long way.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I too like "How I Met Your Mother" cosplay

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

scandoslav posted:

I figured the Empire had plenty of techs and regular non-stormtrooper military for that (see: first death star's personnel, and the scores of storm troopers standing around in their armor on said death star), but maybe things have changed since then.

If I ever had the motivation (read: relationship) for cosplay, I'd be sorely tempted to try this:

I'd think the key to a memorable Clone Wars Obi-Wan cosplay would be some really sharp facial hair. I mean, maybe not full on plastic look but really wrangled into the defined, edgy shape.

Which really is a key point to Clone Wars aesthetics in general, it's about the angular looks, not the cartoony colors it doesn't really have.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

VendaGoat posted:

Cloning technology Photoshop has come a long way.

Fixed.

Stringbean posted:

I too like "How I Met Your Mother" cosplay

Just a guess, but that's probably supposed to Willow.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Good eye, I normally catch that.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

"Humpasaurus Cosplay"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

scandoslav posted:

Part of the problem is that the CW model for Obi Wan is actually inhumanly thin so if you accurately scale up his clothes for an actual human body they end up looking wrong. However, if you're aware of the issue there's a few simple cheats that will help the costume like more 'right':

- Show a lot more of the darker undergarment (and make it even darker), this has a slimming effect on the torso.
- Pare back the skirt so the legs are more visible and there's not a solid block of colour across the hip area
- Contour the chest armour so it's more form fitting and it doesn't make the torso seem bulkier
- Give the shoulder armour a more rounded shape so the torso shape is more of an inverted triangle

Also the main part of the skirt and the bit that hangs down the middle are actually subtly different colours and textures in the original design. This might not seem like a big detail but it it also helps preventing that big block of colour across the hips that makes it look like he's wearing a mini skirt.
Also weather the absolute gently caress out of that armour so it's not shiny white. Weathering the clothes would also be a big improvement.

But in the end none of that matters because none of us will ever be as good an Obi Wan cosplayer as this old guy:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
F Bison

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ugh, rubber does not breathe at all. I can't imagine a whole convention of that.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

That's a hell of a furrsuit alright

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Undertale cosplay is not something I ever expected to see. Mostly because the characters are all so inhuman looking.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

That jaunty cap made me think of Trish from Persona 2 for some reason. I wonder if she's too obscure for someone to --

Huh. Yeah, alright.

You, on the other hand, are asking for a Wardrobe Incident.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

It's gotta just unleash a visible wave of stank when she peels it off. Probably sounds like velcro and smells like a fish market in the middle of summer too. :barf:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Who What Now posted:

It's gotta just unleash a visible wave of stank when she peels it off. Probably sounds like velcro and smells like a fish market in the middle of summer too. :barf:

Hmm, yes. Good point you have there. MMmmmm, yes.

*rapidly tapping the distress button under the desk*

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Who What Now posted:

I'm not sure if you've ever been to a con but this would probably go totally unnoticed given some of those crowds.
Probably less icky than some of those giant full-body costumes that take effort to move around in, too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

bewilderment posted:

I'm not sure if you've ever been to a con but this would probably go totally unnoticed given some of those crowds.
Probably less icky than some of those giant full-body costumes that take effort to move around in, too.

I can not find fault in this logic.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It would be less sex appeal, but that costume would look better with pants. It's Bison, not Cammy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

starkebn posted:

It would be less sex appeal, but that costume would look better with pants. It's Bison, not Cammy

Point!

VVVV Oh god damnit.

I'll go back to drinking whiskey and having fun.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Feb 26, 2016

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

starkebn posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

starkebn posted:

Oh I have bad news for you about street fighter lore...

grumbster
Apr 19, 2004
Lord of the Fjord

This looks like they trolled the new hire by saying everyone totally dresses up for Halloween here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Saint Freak posted:

Oh I have bad news for you about street fighter lore...

You're thinking of Rose.

• Locked thread