Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I actually was wondering what Zodiacs meant in BDO, I was thinking some kind of Elder Scrolls thing but I couldn't find stats anywhere.

Oh man I remember when Elder Scrolls was an actual RPG, that was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Probad posted:

You all picked the pendant in Dark Souls just in case, didn't you.

shamefully, once yes

after that it was key every run

Kimsemus posted:

I actually was wondering what Zodiacs meant in BDO, I was thinking some kind of Elder Scrolls thing but I couldn't find stats anywhere.

hi kim, how are you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Probad posted:

You all picked the pendant in Dark Souls just in case, didn't you.

guilty

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kimsemus posted:

It increases reputation with a NPC you talk to that has the same sign at a faster rate.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
HyC and I were talking about kungan or what ever in mumble, and some of you goons might be falling into a trap with this game.

People like stormgayle have come into mumble and said "what is there to do in this game" and the answers most of them were looking for were pve content like raids and dungeons or pvp content like battlegrounds.

This will be a new experience for a lot of them where the game does offer you a questing rail for a bit, and there is an end game in levels, but the game isn't either of those. It is like dancing to give buffs in star wars galaxies, the game is the side parts.

You won't sit in town waiting for a group for pve. You will go out, do what you want to do, and that is all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want to lay in the grass in my ghillie suit and kill people's horses

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

Third World Reggin posted:

HyC and I were talking about kungan or what ever in mumble....

Where can I find the Mumble info? Is that what you are using for when the game launches?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KillTrash posted:

Where can I find the Mumble info? Is that what you are using for when the game launches?
CTS Mumble, it's in sticky thread in PGS I believe. That's what we use for launch, most of us at least.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
^^I've been runing CTS for over five years now, surprised some still dont know what it is. Here is the PGS thread for CTS Doot runs the OP for me, because I am busy a lot (lazy).

I plan to wander aimlessly and farm mobs for knowledge rating. I think I spent three hours killing "Tiny Bees" during CBT2 and got an A+ rating. Gotta catch em all.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 25, 2016

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

LumberingTroll posted:

^^I've been runing CTS for over five years now, surprised some still dont know what it is. Here is the PGS thread for CTS Doot runs the OP for me, because I am busy a lot (lazy).

Thanks, I have so many other Mumble servers setup in my client for Goons, I probably have that one already here.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

same

Also my partner upgraded my sperg rating so... Uh... See you guys on 2/28?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

We probably have enough 2/28 spergs to fill the guild initially. Is there a limit to how fast we can level the guild for more room?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yah. You need guild experience to get skill points to level up the guild.

The majority of that comes from the guild quests. You can do a max of 5 of those a day. The gathering ones are the easiest so at the start, raise your gathering and get a horse.

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

The majority of that comes from the guild quests. You can do a max of 5 of those a day. The gathering ones are the easiest so at the start, raise your gathering and get a horse.

Us spergs will be doing that day 1 once we get them started.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

LumberingTroll posted:

I plan to wander aimlessly and farm mobs for knowledge rating. I think I spent three hours killing "Tiny Bees" during CBT2 and got an A+ rating. Gotta catch em all.
The foremost expert in tiny bees..?

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Jackard posted:

The foremost expert in tiny bees..?

Was going to comment on him being a bee-liever, but I hit myself in the testicles with a mallet and thought better of it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Yeah, we will have to be sure to do the max number of guild quests every day, which might be kinda hard, they do last for 90 minutes each. I know Ill be on a lot the first week for sure. I think we will be able to get the guild cap increased nicely in the first two days to account for the 48hr group, then again for the release group. To get to the point to start harvesting wood for the initial guild quests shouldn't take more than 2 hours of work, basically people just need to do the main quest until they get their donkey.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

How rich you are dictates how strong you are in PVP due to how enchanting comes down to currency + RNG. So when people say it is hard for casual players to stay competitive in PVP, they really mean it is hard for casual players to make enough currency to enchant their gear right?

I actually really like all of the non-PVP content and those activities alone are worth the purchase price IMO. I have to say though that the more details I hear about PVP, the more it sounds like utter garbage.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

How rich you are dictates how strong you are in PVP due to how enchanting comes down to currency + RNG. So when people say it is hard for casual players to stay competitive in PVP, they really mean it is hard for casual players to make enough currency to enchant their gear right?
When people say that, they mean that in a 1v1 arena fight between two poopsockers of the same class, skill and build, the winner will be one who spent more hours in the field getting out blackstones/spellstones. A pessimistic take on that would be that in 1v1 winner is the one who has spent significantly more time farming, but that's not always true, and such condition in itself would have diminishing returns. And yes, the problem is that with the lack of direct trading and free market auction, it is rather hard to accumulate wealth sufficient to compensate for man hours put in the field, in terms of both cash and stone acquisition.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A realistic take is that you'll be jumped by 3-5 people at once anyway, probably while doing some daily.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

And that usually ends with death unless you're at least +2 full circle over them.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Eonwe posted:

i want to lay in the grass in my ghillie suit and kill people's horses

Is it possible to zerk grab people off their horse and gently caress them to death? If so i want a ghillie suit on a zerker..

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

kalstrams posted:

...And yes, the problem is that with the lack of direct trading and free market auction, it is rather hard to accumulate wealth sufficient to compensate for man hours put in the field, in terms of both cash and stone acquisition.

Guess that just seems really weird to me. The game heavily focuses on "side activities" so to speak, but your personal gear progression comes down to 1 variable (money) and grinding mobs is the best way to do get it. So I guess it now makes sense why people are min/max rushing to get a head start on grinding the higher level mobs.

Oh well, I will still be happy playing with the other systems.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

HyC and I were talking about kungan or what ever in mumble, and some of you goons might be falling into a trap with this game.

People like stormgayle have come into mumble and said "what is there to do in this game" and the answers most of them were looking for were pve content like raids and dungeons or pvp content like battlegrounds.

This will be a new experience for a lot of them where the game does offer you a questing rail for a bit, and there is an end game in levels, but the game isn't either of those. It is like dancing to give buffs in star wars galaxies, the game is the side parts.

You won't sit in town waiting for a group for pve. You will go out, do what you want to do, and that is all.

Show me the way Reggin. Can we hunt whales? Steal donkeys? Blockade trade routes???? What about spending real monies to buy pink ghillie suit's and surprise people in flowers? Can we fish and make movies about proper fishing techniques?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Guess that just seems really weird to me. The game heavily focuses on "side activities" so to speak, but your personal gear progression comes down to 1 variable (money) and grinding mobs is the best way to do get it. So I guess it now makes sense why people are min/max rushing to get a head start on grinding the higher level mobs.

Oh well, I will still be happy playing with the other systems.
Yeah, spergs rush solely to get a headstart on the gear and guild quests, and to slowdown from going along the bulk of players. Some people, like me, also like the min/max rushing thing in itself as a rewardless challenge/adventure of sorts. I also watched The Lone Ranger yesterday and The Postman today, so, please, don't wonder too much if you don't see how I can have fun in that.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It increases reputation with a NPC you talk to that has the same sign at a faster rate.

yeah but we could really go ham here. what if the black desert zodiacs have charts like china

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lewtt posted:

yeah but we could really go ham here. what if the black desert zodiacs have charts like china

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:catstare:

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

DancingShade posted:

A realistic take is that you'll be jumped by 3-5 people at once anyway, probably while doing some daily.

This. But I want to be one of the 3-5 people doing the jumping.

There is a reason they don't really have an arena, or ladder, or any structured pvp. It's much more about guild battles and mass combat, where numbers tend to trump gear. This is a system goons traditionally do well in.

I am looking forward to the larger scale pvp way more than 1v1. I will probably do some enchanting and put some time into improving my gear, but only until it becomes annoyingly difficult, at that point I'll just deal with the fact that others can beat me 1v1. That doesn't mean I don't plan to pvp all the time, I'll just do it as part of a group.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
as someone who :siren: WAS THERE, :siren: the idea of yanking it while mortars fell never occurred to me. props to the primate for making lemonade outta lemons

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

when you are in the midst of near death experience, hormones just do their thing. its the gently caress or flight response

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I bought the $100 pack :cripes:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

crazystray posted:

There is a reason they don't really have an arena, or ladder, or any structured pvp. It's much more about guild battles and mass combat, where numbers tend to trump gear. This is a system goons traditionally do well in.
There eventually will be Crimson Battlefield, which may take off in the West, unlike Korea, but we'll see. Even then it's only a half-way structured PvP, much like the current arena implementation.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

The Quake posted:

I bought the $100 pack :cripes:

it's ok. today i bought an overpriced book from a dying brick and mortar book store :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That is just a dry run, gonna make it bigger now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
The best part about launch MMOs with goons is the 50+ pages of a thread before the game launches coordinating crap. It always falls on its face on week 3 after launch because every MMO will never live up to your rose tinted glasses of yesteryear when you shat out Hot Pockets to grind out one more level before failing all of your college courses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but what a 3 weeks