Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
It's like a troll, but with everything memorable sucked out of it, so it's just like a picture of a troll being tossed onto a table by someone who then wanders away with a blank expression. A+ performance art showing up the hollowness of forum interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

A million dollar house in Sydney.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

What property bubble?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SadisTech posted:

It's like a political party but with everything memorable sucked out of it, so it's just like a picture of a political party being tossed onto a table by someone who then wanders away with a blank expression. A+ performance art showing up the hollowness of Australian politics.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Whatever helps you address any of the legislation the Greens have supported.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

What helps you address the legislation the ALP has supported?

If you want to talk about Greens failures, why not talk about their failure to withdraw support for the previous government when they brought back prison camps?

open24hours fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 25, 2016

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

open24hours posted:

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/pension-assets-test-deal-with-greens-secures-coalitions-changes-20150616-ghplxg.html

"Hurr but the ALP Greens..."

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Most people in this thread support that policy though? It's a good policy, the Greens voted for it, the Greens are good.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

open24hours posted:

no you see, first we have to explain why the greens have supported the LNP on occasion. then evilelmo will surely explain in kind why the ALP has supported the LNP on occasion and not just disappear until he thinks he has another gotcha on the greens.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
elmo which part of the negative gearing policy wasn't stolen from scott ludlam?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Can anyone point me towards the Greens National Security policy? Best I can find is their policy to get out of Afghanistan.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
EvilElmo is a van Badham parachute. You can't reason with stupid so let it go.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

BBJoey posted:

no you see, first we have to explain why the greens have supported the LNP on occasion. then evilelmo will surely explain in kind why the ALP has supported the LNP on occasion and not just disappear until he thinks he has another gotcha on the greens.

Generally in a debate you answer a question before asking one.

I thought I would try Green voter debating for a little while and its great. Just avoid hard questions. When someone tries to point out reality just move the discussion to another area.

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 25, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

EvilElmo posted:

Can anyone point me towards the Greens National Security policy? Best I can find is their policy to get out of Afghanistan.

I realise I'm breaking my own rule but the Greens natsec policy is to have a world decent enough to live in that no one wants an army

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:smith:

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Birb Katter posted:

I realise I'm breaking my own rule but the Greens natsec policy is to have a world decent enough to live in that no one wants an army

Cool. And their counter-terrorism policy? Or is that unicorns and rainbows as well?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't support the senate voting changes, but I still support the Greens.
I guess there are more important issues, and I can't expect a party to be an exact copy of my opinions all the time.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

I guess there are more important issues, and I can't expect a party to be an exact copy of my opinions all the time.

seeing as how the greens have let you down, would you consider voting ALP instead :unsmith:

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

open24hours posted:

Amoeba102 posted:

Welcome to being in a position to form Government. Maybe when the Greens start going for middle Australia you'll realise why your vote outside a handful of inner city seats its tiny. Your policies don't resonate with the population and you need to represent all of Australia.

Its poo poo I know. But its reality.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I guess I'll have to vote for the ALP. I have no choice. OH, offshore processing. OH being weak on marriage equality. OH being held to ransom by their right wing factions. Nevermind. Guess I gotta vote LNP.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

When you stand for nothing you can't let anyone down. It's all part of the small target strategy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

EvilElmo posted:

So, how many times has the Turnbull Government tricked the Greens now? That'd have to be at least the second poo poo legislation they've gobbled up in an attempt to shake the 'protest vote' label.

According to this handy dandy graph right here, a maximum of 6.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Such a shame we don't have preferential voting so we have to compromise on our values when we vote or we're throwing our vote away.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

EvilElmo posted:

Welcome to being in a position to form Government. Maybe when the Greens start going for middle Australia you'll realise why your vote outside a handful of inner city seats its tiny. Your policies don't resonate with the population and you need to represent all of Australia.

Its poo poo I know. But its reality.

If the Greens started pandering to middle Australia they wouldn't be the same party and I (probably) wouldn't vote for them?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Frogmanv2 posted:

According to this handy dandy graph right here, a maximum of 6.

look mate, you need to represent all of Australia. when the ALP votes with the LNP, it's savvy politics. when the greens vote with the LNP, it's them being fooled by malcolm.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

So, how many times has the Turnbull Government tricked the Greens now?

Hi, here's the answer to your question. The Greens have voted with the Libs less than anyone else in Parliament.

https://twitter.com/greensjeremy/status/702826135780864000?s=09

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

drat it Ricky.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Mate your party isn't representative of middle Australia. This is a bad thing. Be ashamed of your party.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Whats the Greens CT policy? And how do they plan on selling their unpopular asylum seeker policy to the wider public? They have had a few years now and haven't had much success.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

open24hours posted:

Mate your party isn't representative of middle Australia. This is a bad thing. Be ashamed of your party.

The Greens are? Is that why you hold so many seats in the lower house?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

EvilElmo posted:

EvilElmo posted:

Whats the Greens CT policy? And how do they plan on selling their unpopular asylum seeker policy to the wider public? They have had a few years now and haven't had much success.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

moving goalposts dot jpeg

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Lol dammit Frogmanv2

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gotta vote for the party that's going to form government. Yes, let's all vote the LNP.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

EvilElmo posted:

I support the ALP because they have more people and who cares what they actually do. "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white voters."

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

EvilElmo posted:

Can't win 'em all. It's better to at least try to change the views of middle Australia than to change your policies like a weathervane though, surely?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Secretly I like when this thread gets really bad because I get to sift though loads of naked Pavel pics to find you stuff.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Had some time to look into the Safe Schools propaganda business. This one is from George "fight me irl" Christensen

This kind of format is ripe for abuse, and I'd actually like to see it done with politicians just to see if they think the comparison is fair in any way. First thing to note is that ALL of these links are under links for local organisations that support them, not as direct resources. All of the resources are on their separate page, and appear to be self contained within Safe Schools.

Firstly top right, family planning NSW (seriously?). Of course it has some sexual content, but all is presented in a factual manner, and feature many questions that teenagers may want answers to. Most laughably though, is the "features oral sex information for youth". This actually does exist, although specifically it is the results of a survey regarding what young people know about oral sex, and doesn't even contain advice. It's just a survey with such revelations as, the most common query regarding it was about health and safety regarding STDs. Almost like they could have benefited from a better sex ed program.

Going clockwise, Twenty10, and the claim that they "hosted" an S&M workshop. No idea what that means, but I found no evidence of their involvement in any such thing.

Next is Seahorse Victoria, a transgender support organisation, and the claim that a sex club is a "recommended venue". Firstly, it isn't a recommended venue, it is on a list of trans friendly venues, a list which also contains things like cafes and bars. Secondly, its a fetish club, not a sex club, and I'm no expert but I believe those are not the same thing. The other one on the list is clearly marked as an 18+ website, and you may see, has no even tenuous contact with Safe Schools. It's the same street address as a venue that is trans friendly.

Moving along to Minus18, an LGBT youth group that was behind that ball that got supported by homophobes and everyone lold. Firstly their link to a "gay bar". It isn't a gay bar for starters, it's a hotel that hosts all kinds of LGBT events, called the GH hotel. Also, the "event partner" part of the claim I assume is referring to the fact that one of Minus18's events was there. What was it? An under 21s dance party. Apparently there is a direct link to a sex toy site? I couldn't find it, although the site seems to be pretty massive, it might be there. Lastly is Scarletteen, which appears to pretty much be sex ed aimed at teens, and fairly innocuous.

Oh yeah, and apparently there is an explicit video on youtube (you can report these btw) linked to by workingitout. I couldn't find it. I can't help but feel if this is the extent of the controversy, we're in for a thoroughly uninteresting inquiry.

Ironically, the image posted on twitter is far more explicit than anything I came across.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jesus, 8 years without anyone wondering what happened to her :smith:

I just wish my dad understood why he can't live at his home anymore with his dementia, although there was usually at least two visits a day from his home care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

open24hours posted:

Can't win 'em all. It's better to at least try to change the views of middle Australia than to change your policies like a weathervane though, surely?

The simple fact of the matter is that the greens dont have the resources to get both upper and lower house seats, due to them not accepting donations from miners and banks and tobacco companies and other wholesome, good intentioned companies. So, they target upper house seats where they will have the most effect, and provide a balance to the rampant shitfuckery produced by the ALP/LNP.

• Locked thread