Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Given that each world is a story told by a single god, I really want to see Aesma's. That's gotta be some hilarious poo poo.

a world where infinite nerds are forever getting the books dunked out of their arms into puddles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Earth turns out to be part of Aesma's universe tbh

I mean let's be honest our history has been pretty Aesmesque tip to toe

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tollymain posted:

i wonder if we'll ever find out if there was more to the emptying of throne than the stories tell

why did the gods banish their Servants from their city? if the prime angels did not know the gods, who exactly put them there? why was heaven emptied, locked, and left to crumble?

the Primes knew the gods, but not all angels were Primes; there's only two ex-Primes conscious and kicking around right now and neither one of them is exactly a reliable source of stories about the good old days

which does raise the question of, like, is 2 Michael the sole source that creation myth comes from? last any Servants woulda saw of Throne it was a bustling pantheon, then a hintillion years later Zoss busts in and finds these giant monster angels hanging around a charnel house, slaughters them all, and the one guy who saw everything that's left talking says everyone just killed themselves I swear, p.s. let's you and me launch a coup on heaven and kill everyone just on the DL :shrug:

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 24, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dr Christmas posted:

Here is a page with all the demiurges before they went batshit. Here they are just after the war.

Notably, these are the only places we've seen Mammon so far. Not even a dream appearance like Incubus.

Here they are at their earliest. Jagganoth is considerably smaller (and was dead at some point?) Solomon David envies that beard. Mammon and Jadis don't care.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-4/

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

Here they are at their earliest. Jagganoth is considerably smaller (and was dead at some point?) Solomon David envies that beard. Mammon and Jadis don't care.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-4/

I don't think that person with the arrows in them is meant to be Jagganoth. Not bulky, scarred, or red enough.

Edit: I still love how Solomon has the tallest throne there, in addition to his ridiculously large halo, though given Jagganoth's size he still winds up being taller.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Based on that, it looks like Incubus still retains the same general shape and form that he had before, although because of the shadowing who knows what his face looks like now.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
I can't wait to see the lair of Gog-Agog, just because it's referred to as a lair.
Any ideas about what she is, even? Human, servant, something else?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Captain Redbeard posted:

I can't wait to see the lair of Gog-Agog, just because it's referred to as a lair.
Any ideas about what she is, even? Human, servant, something else?

A servant that really wants to be human.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Begemot posted:

A servant that really wants to be human.

She's certainly got style, either way. I like her.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think she's just a lot of very special worms. What makes those worms so special? It is a mystery!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
please do not be unkind about her worms, she is v sensitive about them

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Dr Christmas posted:

When I here White Chain, I hear the voice of the Eldar Guardian from Dawn of War.

for me its grace jones with an indian accent

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

Given that each world is a story told by a single god, I really want to see Aesma's. That's gotta be some hilarious poo poo.

Also wanna see Koss's.

I assume the prime angels did know the Gods. Abbadon said Metatron is the only one that has memories of them, but apparently angels lose their specific memories during reincarnation. He was simply the only one from that era that never died.

Both humans and servants originated from Throne, and were both banished into the multiverse upon its creation. Presumably to populate it, as it seems the multiplicity Gods couldn't create the flame of sapience themselves; Koss only did it with flames he took from the corpses of YIS and UN.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the Primes knew the gods, but not all angels were Primes; there's only two ex-Primes conscious and kicking around right now and neither one of them is exactly a reliable source of stories about the good old days

which does raise the question of, like, is 2 Michael the sole source that creation myth comes from? last any Servants woulda saw of Throne it was a bustling pantheon, then a hintillion years later Zoss busts in and finds these giant monster angels hanging around a charnel house, slaughters them all, and the one guy who saw everything that's left talking says everyone just killed themselves I swear, p.s. let's you and me launch a coup on heaven and kill everyone just on the DL :shrug:

on that ask tumblr abbadon clarifies that metatron is the only surviving being to have known the gods in one post. michael has not reincarnated, therefore logically if the primes had known the gods he would remember them

it could have been retconned since, but

also, there's a slight but crucial difference between populating unpopulated worlds and literally emptying the birthplace of life of people, imo

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Michael has reincarnated, though. That's why he's 2 Michael instead of 1 Michael.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the 2 isn't reincarnation, it's because he's lost one physical body so far this incarnation

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

the 2 isn't reincarnation, it's because he's lost one physical body so far this incarnation

I think that was speculation that's now wrong. It's all about the void-death.

Michael has definitely reincarnated, anyway.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

i enjoy that, in that page, all the usurpers are having a big ol' sneering party in front of Zoss's throne, while Mammon is off in background fondling his lucre like a huge dork

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paranoid randroid posted:

i enjoy that, in that page, all the usurpers are having a big ol' sneering party in front of Zoss's throne, while Mammon is off in background fondling his lucre like a huge dork

I especially appreciate that Jadis was apparently just as sociable even before being ensconced in glass.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
OTHER USURPERS:
- Party & get high
- Listen to trash pop like Miley Cyrus and Kanye
- Get hugely fat or cease to exist as corporeal entities

ME:
- Stays home on saturday to count all my money
- Very successful
- Not made of worms

like and share if youre tired of your generation!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

when zoss pursued the primes into the void, all but one stood and fought. michael fled and survived

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

when zoss pursued the primes into the void, all but one stood and fought. michael fled and survived

That was my theory, but I think it's wrong.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i can't accept that theory simply because there's no way running from Zoss means anything but you die tired

dude teleported into heaven, killed everything there, and chased the angels into angel heaven to kick their asses again

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Tollymain posted:

why did the gods banish their Servants from their city?
Probably because they are gigantic pricks.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

We know 2 Michael died, because he's a crystal angel. If he hadn't he'd still be a neutron angel.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Parts Kit posted:

Probably because they are gigantic pricks.

The gods of Throne make the Greek Pantheon seem reasonable, compassionate, even-keeled, and prudish.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

quote:

Q: is solomon david a cool dude to know? like, is he anyone's pal, or is he as likely to smite/smash/slice someone as any of the other demiurges

A: Solomon David is regarded as just, even-handed, and incredibly brutal by most of his subjects. As god-emperor of the powerful Celestial Empire, his dictatorship has uplifted countless societies and crushed countless more into dust. Most people live their daily lives with a high degree of safety, industry, and prosperity under his rule, if not freedom.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Solomon David sounds like a pretty chill guy, right up to the very second he isnt anymore.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

quote:

Q: Since Jagganoth is the Demiurge who takes and improves technology, does that mean he's a good engineer/math guy? Is the giant hulking war god secretly the token geek of the crew?

A: He’s actually pretty intelligent and writes poetry. Definitely the secret geek.

I can't wait to see fanart/on panel evidence of this :allears:

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Begemot posted:

I can't wait to see fanart/on panel evidence of this :allears:

He and Al-YISUN have something in common!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
WHERES YOUR GOD NOW
IVE JUST STEPPED ON YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
WHERES YOUR GOD NOW
IVE JUST STEPPED ON YOU

kinky

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

The gods of Throne make the Greek Pantheon seem reasonable, compassionate, even-keeled, and prudish.

The pantheon started with a single God so bored they killed themselves, resulting in the 2 new gods fighting for ages before having wicked make-up sex.

Probably not the best foundation for a pantheon.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The 777,777 gods represent all aspects of YISUN, and YISUN is (was) everything, so naturally some of those gods were chill and made of birds, and some of them were unfathomably evil psychopaths.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
WHERES YOUR GOD NOW
IVE JUST STEPPED ON YOU

they should have sent a scribe

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It sure was nice for that one guard's kid to make a finger-bangle for him! What a good working environment!

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I love that mental image. "Here, daddy! I made you this gift out of those severed fingers you brought back! <3

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

15 Ways of Ruling sounds like a legit good read.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

MikeJF posted:

That was my theory, but I think it's wrong.

It's definitely wrong, he flat out says "I alone have reincarnated" on the page you posted. If he hadn't he'd still be 1 Michael (and probably even more of an ornery prick).

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Green Intern posted:

It sure was nice for that one guard's kid to make a finger-bangle for him! What a good working environment!

Clearly he comes from a world where the Arts of War 2: Crafts of War was a smashing success.

PS:link is SFW, but oglaf can be very :nws:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Mentalizer posted:

It's definitely wrong, he flat out says "I alone have reincarnated" on the page you posted. If he hadn't he'd still be 1 Michael (and probably even more of an ornery prick).

how has he been reincarnated for so long (look at how old and crumbly that armour is) when all of the other prime angels are still doing the building-sized chrysalis thing and show no sign of emerging any time soon

angel armour is incredibly heavy-duty poo poo, and somehow i don't see michael exposing his to a lot of wear and tear? he's been dragging that thing around for a while