Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
~*tiddlywinks*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

There's a mystery afoot! Split up and search for Otoyomegatari 52

Pariya tip #37: Appeal to Pariya's weaknesses; no one deserves stale bread

I think :kimchi: is about the most accurate description of the expression I had at the end of this chapter. Just... adorable.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goddamnit Wolfsmund just skip to Morgarten already so I can see the Habsburgs getting insanely pwned by unwashed peasants

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Mori sent in some 4-panel gags inbetween 51 and 52 when she was on vacation, here they are: ALL FUN AND GAMES NO TEARS

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
hosed up on cute :crossarms:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh MAN those last two sets :smith:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Oh MAN those last two sets :smith:

Don't worry, she'll find that watch eventually...right?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Vinland Saga - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Vinland-Saga/Vol-017-Ch-124--Departure-from-Norway?id=262322

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Sig is a good antagonist It would suck if he got offed by some random pirates.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I wish we could follow Sigurd's adventures for a while.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Brought To You By posted:

Don't worry, she'll find that watch eventually...right?

I thought it was handed to the Russians as evidence of British spies in Central Asia.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Mr Smith throws the watch into the desert night in the end of vol 3.

As an aside, one of the biggest things that bug me in this series is how bland Smith is. The actual explorers who roamed that area near the end of the 19th century were a really colorful bunch. Mr Smith being this really bland, milquetoast guy is a huge missed opportunity.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Theowulv posted:

Sig is a good antagonist It would suck if he got offed by some random pirates.

They don't really look like "random pirates."

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Laputanmachine posted:

Mr Smith throws the watch into the desert night in the end of vol 3.

As an aside, one of the biggest things that bug me in this series is how bland Smith is. The actual explorers who roamed that area near the end of the 19th century were a really colorful bunch. Mr Smith being this really bland, milquetoast guy is a huge missed opportunity.

"Younghusband", man, what a surname.

Also, she's been on a tour of the area. Hope she had a good time.

Munin fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 25, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Mr. Smith and how they handled him and Talas and those last two 4-koma made me sad.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Compendium posted:

I like Mr. Smith and how they handled him and Talas and those last two 4-koma made me sad.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I don't know why Other Thorfinn would include awesome dog in the list of questionable people they've picked up on their journey.

I kind of hope "Oh yeah, we're in some deep poo poo aren't we? I forgot" becomes a running gag.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Vinland Saga chapter - Beginning of the Baltic Sea[r] War

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
This chapter was great throughout.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Horse (x)
Bear (x)

What's left?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Elephants?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thorkell punched a bear in this chapter and it still wasn't the best part of the chapter. :allears:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The best part was the sound off.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Woof!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Horse (x)
Bear (x)

What's left?

Canute

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Isn't Thorffin supposed to be a somewhat common name? Seems kind of weird the equivalent of yelling "Steve" in a crowd got those guys' attention.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Some great facial expressions in this chapter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gyges posted:

Isn't Thorffin supposed to be a somewhat common name? Seems kind of weird the equivalent of yelling "Steve" in a crowd got those guys' attention.

Especially considering they have 2 Thorfinns in their crew. Are we supposed to know who those random warriors who recognized him are?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
"Hey Thorfinn!"
"Huh?"
"No, I mean the other Thorfinn!!"

I think when someone shouts Thorfinn, they mean the Thorfinn and everyone understands that kind of implicitly.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I thought the comic relief went by the nickname "Full Eyes"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Gyges posted:

Yeah, but you might still glance over and be like "is that OUR Steve?"

I'm sure they just wanna bump it and shoot the poo poo (these are euphemisms for Viking death)
Between this and Golden Kamui, my manga bear fighting quota has been filled pretty well this quarter

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Tangentially related to Thorkell punching a bear, this week's Vikings on History apparently is going to have a character also attack a bear. Since Vinland Saga's been brought up a couple times in the Vikings thread I figured I'd do the reverse promotion for those who need more huge Scandinavians showing bears who rules the food chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sc1dAV9p48

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gyges posted:

Tangentially related to Thorkell punching a bear, this week's Vikings on History apparently is going to have a character also attack a bear. Since Vinland Saga's been brought up a couple times in the Vikings thread I figured I'd do the reverse promotion for those who need more huge Scandinavians showing bears who rules the food chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sc1dAV9p48

You can't reverse promo a thread without linking it!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

You can't reverse promo a thread without linking it!

Whoops.

It takes place quite awhile before Vinland Saga does and covers the beginnings of the Viking raiding of England and Western Europe.

Also History streams it on their site. Regional locking may apply.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 26, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why the gently caress is he sending scribbles as a finished manuscript? Does hte artist have no assistants or what because for a monthly this is loving unacceptable.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Why the gently caress is he sending scribbles as a finished manuscript? Does hte artist have no assistants or what because for a monthly this is loving unacceptable.

wat

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the silly faces are intentional

also, they were more drawn to thorfinn's body shape and movements from behind, they know he's a lil guy

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

*wonders if Plutonis missed about 15 exquisitely crosshatched pages of a giant man wrestling a hairy bear to death and 10 pages of a crowded marketplace*

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Look at this loving scribble what a joke I can't believe Afternoon hasn't fired this clown already WOW ever heard of backgrounds rear end in a top hat I bet he did this on a napkin with crayons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't believe that TheLovablePlutonis would make a shitpost