Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

musicshemale posted:

I don't know whether to ask if you should reference your quotes or get mildly worried. People are nuts, dude.

I hope I'm Mr. M because even if it seems at odds with my username, I need the strength to pull through.

Sorry for the vent but the comments on the video made my PTSD act up...lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cool old gamer, unfortunately suffering from stage iv colon cancer.

makes very affable, low-key youtube videos about games, mostly roleplaying and tabletop stuff, but also his experiences with videogames. did one called "Am I too stupid to play Star Citizen?" where he talked mildly about his experience in the free version of star citizen

inevitably the SC guys started jumping on him saying yes, in fact, he was stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCf37-kjAbpPp_eKp4W_Ey0Q

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Norefund14days posted:

come post in GIP man its full of salty nerd veterans

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EminusSleepus posted:

Like a fat useless morbidly obese dumbfuck bastard that he is
It's incredible, really. Even if it was a miscommunication, the fact that nobody in the art department dared to question or double check it speaks volumes to how hosed up CIG is internally.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

So I went to pick my 3 kids up from school last week in our brand new car, oh man, was my face red when I realised I bought a convertible 2 seater sports car, oh god.
It reminded me of that one time they made that spaceship with one set instead of two and everyone was all like "oooh ha ha, oh dear, what a crazy mistake!"
Luckily we all saw the funny side, but it took a few weeks for me to live that down ha ha! drat kids had to walk 5 miles home in the pissing rain! Awww man, we laugh about it now though.
Couldn't you do the responsible thing and stick two of them in the boot?

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012
Oh, yeah, that dude is super cool and relaxed. Any community attacking someone like that is a loving mess.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Norefund14days posted:

I'm gonna vent here which mean I will probably be probated but who gives a gently caress. As a retired member of the military I gave 22 years of my life so people could live their lives the way they want to in freedom to make there own choices. Yes, I bought into the "dream" to the tune of $250 on kickstarter. It pisses me off to no end when fat rear end mouth breathing basement dwellers attack the folks I fought to defend....Namely Mr. McArthur who is fighting for his life. To see folks like CR, Sandi(LBFM wannabe), FAT rear end CANT STOP EATING BEN, and the other take advantage of the freedom I fought so hard to provide just makes me absolutely sick. I hope all those fuckers get whats coming to them. Stay strong Mr. M. The goons are pulling for ya.

:ohdear:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Norefund14days posted:

Hug it out

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

alf_pogs posted:

inevitably the SC guys started jumping on him saying yes, in fact, he was stupid.

Well, now I'm pissed.

When you're just putting lovely comments on crappy game journo sites its just good for a laugh, but when you do it to a kindly old dying man well now I'm pissed guys

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

Norefund14days posted:

Nah, I can't really knock it. I got pretty irritated by it myself. It's not like "oh we totally trolled that dude!!" it's just being a miserable human being that can't appreciate that any person in the world doesn't completely understand or enjoy what you do, even if they're amazingly reasonable about it.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

come post in GIP man its full of salty nerd veterans

New to the forum thing...GIP?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tooterfish posted:

Couldn't you do the responsible thing and stick two of them in the boot?

And then where exactly would the in laws sit?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

cool old gamer developer
Fixed for "um, actually".

But yeah, the guy is awesome.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0c

Alpha Patch 2.2.0c has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-234858” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 PTU Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is appearing somewhat untextured in-game.
The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is being awarded to all players on the server.
Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
The Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol cannot be picked up from players bedroom.
When attempting to pick up the Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol, the players arm animation twists in a weird angle.
When the pickup animation is complete, the pistol will remain floating at waist level next to the character.

Star Systems:

Fixed several texture conflicts in and around Jobwell in ArcCorp.
Fixed an issue where a medpack in the Medical Unit was not displaying the right name when in AR mode (F10).
Fixed an issue where characters could not view mobiGlas while a FPS weapon was drawn.

Game Systems:

Fixed an issue where quantum travel targets where obstructed for no reason, for the Gladius and Hornet.
Updated the point-value of several ships in Arena Commander.

Ships:

Fixed an issue where Auroras (all) appeared grey and were missing paint.
Fixed an issue where the countermeasure launchers on the Avenger (all) where missing detail levels.
Fixed an issue where the Sabre would lose all power to thrusters when its shields were recharging.
Adjusted the rotational speed of the Sabre to bring it more on-par with Hornets.
Slightly decreased the overall strength of the default shields for the Vanguard Warden.
Fixed an issue where the Revenant Gatling ammunition could be used on the Mantis Gatling.

First Person:

Fixed an issue where users could rotate their camera, such that they could see down the neck of their character.
Fixed an issue with the EVA thrusters would occasionally disappear from characters in Crusader.
Fixed an issue where the helmet flashlight would become visible in the characters field of view when running.
Fixed an issue where characters would jerk and snap around when exiting vehicles into zero gravity.
The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is now correctly being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.

Technical:

Fixed an issue where the users would sometimes crash to desktop with an assertion error.
Fixed an issue where the users would sometimes crash to desktop with a CryAnimation Error.
Fixed a number of client crashes.
Fixed a number of server crashes.

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

I don't want to. :(

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Norefund14days posted:

I'm gonna vent here which mean I will probably be probated but who gives a gently caress. As a retired member of the military I gave 22 years of my life so people could live their lives the way they want to in freedom to make there own choices. Yes, I bought into the "dream" to the tune of $250 on kickstarter. It pisses me off to no end when fat rear end mouth breathing basement dwellers attack the folks I fought to defend....Namely Mr. McArthur who is fighting for his life. To see folks like CR, Sandi(LBFM wannabe), FAT rear end CANT STOP EATING BEN, and the other take advantage of the freedom I fought so hard to provide just makes me absolutely sick. I hope all those fuckers get whats coming to them. Stay strong Mr. M. The goons are pulling for ya.

get a chargeback friend.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Norefund14days posted:

New to the forum thing...GIP?

my bad, they change the forums name all the time

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=218

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

get a chargeback friend.

Cant, live in the US. Tried and failed.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

Thank you sir...o7

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Norefund14days posted:

Cant, live in the US. Tried and failed.

$250 sucks, but man its better than buying in for another $2500 after your first refund

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

Stimpire Official Star Citizen Patch Notes posted:

First Person:

Fixed an issue where users could rotate their camera, such that they could see down the neck of their character.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

The Saddest Robot posted:

Unity's built in stuff is pretty much cross-platform compatible out of the gate. If you start writing your own networking packets and stuff then you'll need to be sure of little/big endian crap.

If you're going for uselessness disguised as immersion filled feature, how about a radar that is just a 3d equivilant of - a 3d noise that gets updated with a sweeper with slightly higher intensity where objects would be located. It would be in full 3d so it would be useless and unusable.

This is a good idea. I started off with a semi-transparent sphere overlaying the whole radar object, it looked cool but I removed it because it made the radar hard to read.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

$250 sucks, but man its better than buying in for another $2500 after your first refund

Thats money I could have used to stock my post retirement kegerator....lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Norefund14days posted:

Chargeback

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

tried....

https://youtu.be/f2PJCj2Wiyg

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

If your conscience does not bother you selling a dud product to spineless spergs then sell your ship in the grey market.

Also selling original backer account still has some value

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

i really want some clear answers about how FULL BURN came to exist before this whole thing goes down

like i don't care about these reddit assholes and their money. somehow, somewhere, this song was recorded for this game and i want to know about it

Same. Seriously, musicians persons or animals had to track, mix, and otherwise produce this auditory abortion.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
When the pickup animation is complete, the pistol will remain floating at waist level next to the character.

Hey, new PRE-ALPHA-BETA planet side landing for star citizen released, it's misnamed as such but it is. My uncle works at CIG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66oK2491-bI#t=7m48s

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Norefund14days posted:

On the bright side you were likely able to prepare for this kind of frustrated rage by working alongside civilian contractors making 10x your salary and a massive hike in standard of living.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

That radar was an afterthought to use up a ridiculously small amount of unused bytes too.

Yeah, and one of the developers (can't remember if it was Ian Bell or David Braben) came up with it after the finished code had already gone Gold and been sent to Acorn (the original publishers). Normally nothing can be changed after this point, but as soon as the Acorn guys saw the new scanner, they basically said 'that's loving brilliant' and agreed to include it.

Edit - gently caress! I'm turning into the Ben Lesnick of Elite. Help!

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

EminusSleepus posted:

If your conscience does not bother you selling a dud product to spineless spergs then sell your ship in the grey market.

Grey market?!??! What is this grey market you speak of yoda?

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

musicshemale posted:

First Person:

I actually feel bad for posting this. This isn't what the Fourth Stimpire would fix at all. They would allow a full, gory 3D view of your innards as they were slowly rended apart. I feel so silly.

Sorry guys, god Stimperor bless.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

Same. Seriously, musicians persons or animals had to track, mix, and otherwise produce this auditory abortion.

i have some severe questions for whoever was in charge of that lead synth track

such as "why did you use that lead synth track" and "why did you keep the volume so high on the lead synth track"

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I like how this went from

New feature: Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is awarded to you* if you kill a level 5 criminal!
*) Energy rifle is not actually rewarded

to

Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is awarded to you* if you kill a level 5 criminal!
*) you and everybody else

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

On the bright side you were likely able to prepare for this kind of frustrated rage by working alongside civilian contractors making 10x your salary and a massive hike in standard of living.

Found a nice quiet start up in a small town. Enjoying life as a desktop support engineer. Off on weekends and work 8 to 5 with an hour and a half off for lunch to get in my old man nap...lol

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

aleksendr posted:

Piss poor.

No documentation mean you can bill time to unfuck the thing with Stack Overflow and coffee while writing the real doc.

Piss poor only make you go insane when you spend 2h coding a fix only to find out the thing its for is documented wrong and not really do what you believed it did.

LOL if their doc is so poor, how did every glassy-eyed shitizen in the 'verse know about it, but not the devs?

+1 Stack, I live there.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Norefund14days posted:

Grey market?!??! What is this grey market you speak of yoda?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_trades

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Oh Ben, you really hosed up this time.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6406510/#Comment_6406510

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

• Locked thread