Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Chantilly Say posted:

Wait, a .50 carry gun? Christ, it's either a stupidly massive pistol or he's carrying some weird niche piece.

The bullet is one from these fuckers

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/massive-stopping-power-the-guncrafter-industries-m3-50gi/

So I'm assuming niche/custom job which you know also rolls up the custom actual ivory grips thing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

VikingofRock posted:

NYT article on the latest mass shooting.

At the risk of starting gunchat, where do people even get AK-47s in the US?

Also at the risk of starting gunchat, an civilian AK47 isn't much more than a .30 cal hunting rifle that just looks a bit scary, and you can probably buy one at any gun shop in the country, although the price is through the roof because imports from Russia are currently banned over the Ukraine conflict.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Cruz lifted his hold on the Flint money. It is unclear if the other holds remain on it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fried Chicken posted:

Cruz lifted his hold on the Flint money. It is unclear if the other holds remain on it

He is such a total son of a bitch that it makes my entire body ache.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

whitey delenda est posted:

This is a story for Fried Chicken in particular, but also Generically US Pol related:

My wife works for Everytown as a lobbyist. She was in Indianapolis this week to meet with her local contacts and do general Lobbying Stuff, which in this case included lunch with resident lunatic Jim Lucas and Lloyd Arnold.

After what she said was a pretty civil and measured conversation about both of their respective agendae (he will introduce permitless carry everywhere bills until one passes or he dies), they parted ways to do other stuff.

My wife and her team went for a steak dinner, quelle surprise, with their team that evening and some other legislators, when Jim Lucas coincidentally shows up at the bar, recognizes her and her other young attractive teammate and comes over to chat. He says he's never actually been spoken with about his issue from the ostensible "opposition" in a way that made him interested in helping with "their" legislative proposals (background checks, etc.), and to kind of drive home HIS particular agenda, pulled aside his sportcoat to sorta flash his concealed piece around. Wife comments on the gun's grips, gets a long story about an inherited piece of ivory that a friend carved for them, and she says she thinks they're a work of art.

At which point he unloads his gun at the table and gives her a nice 50 cal JHP from what has to be the dick-replacinest, hand-blowoffinest clamshell pistol in the history of the universe.

Her coworker says "Me too??" and he gives her a bullet as well! And then, not loving kidding, removes a third bullet and makes his exit saying, "Actually, have another one. Give this one to Mike (bloomberg) for me."

oh good lord

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The bullet is one from these fuckers

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/massive-stopping-power-the-guncrafter-industries-m3-50gi/

So I'm assuming niche/custom job which you know also rolls up the custom actual ivory grips thing too.

Oh, right.

STOPPING POWAH

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
the starting lineup for the pacers were seated at the table next to them so I guess nobody blinks an eye at this poo poo even around ostensibly very famous / important people? I dunno I'm just a poor simple city slicker.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You ever wonder if Ross Perot watches Trump in these debates and say to himself "that coulda been me!"?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Fried Chicken posted:

oh good lord

This is why the pendulum is going to wind up swinging the other way. The pro-gun side is wedded to, uh, loons.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Her coworker says "Me too??" and he gives her a bullet as well! And then, not loving kidding, removes a third bullet and makes his exit saying, "Actually, have another one. Give this one to Mike (bloomberg) for me."

That's pretty funny and if you think it means something deeper you're dumb. Also could you ask your wife how she feels about her organization officially thinking "assault weapon" means anything and wanting to expand the reach of the terrorist watchlist?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

VikingofRock posted:

It's probably an AK pattern rifle and not specifically an AK-47, probably a WASR-10. It's common enough in gun stores and you can illegally mod it to be fully auto with a file and some patience.

I live about 30 minutes away from Hesston and pretty much everyone here is loosing their minds. The local news reporting on it has been exceedingly scummy trying to intercept survivors on the way to the hospital.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/lbarronlopez/status/703061679240814592

It appears this is a real quote, Graham is speaking at the Washington Press Club Foundation and going off on the GOP right now

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fried Chicken posted:

It appears this is a real quote, Graham is speaking at the Washington Press Club Foundation and going off on the GOP right now

I wonder if we're going to see some establishment push to primary all the tea partiers that got in in 2012 and 2014 in upcoming elections.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Being serious for a change, is it correct to say the Dems have a real shot at the Senate this year but that the House will stay red for the forseeable future?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Being serious for a change, is it correct to say the Dems have a real shot at the Senate this year but that the House will stay red for the forseeable future?

If the Republican candidate is so toxic that voters stay home they could, possibly lose the House.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/02/trump-leads-rubio-even-head-to-head-in-florida.html

quote:

Finally we find that 38% of Florida voters think it's possible that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. 10% say he for sure is, and another 28% say that they are just not sure. Cruz is exonerated from being a toddler serial killer by 62% of the Sunshine State populace.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

What has this forum done to me?
Joementum, what have you done to me??

I've been in DC for work for the last week or so and where do I go for dinner on my last night here before I fly home tomorrow?

It's a sickness.

Politigoons visiting DC all eventually wash up on the Tortilla Coast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DeusExMachinima posted:

in reality nobody has a god drat clue any more and if they say they do they are full of poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Personally, I think Ted Cruz is probably the Zodiac Killer.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The fact that Trump is all style and no substance and yet is so popular and compelling as to be in the running for President of the United States and Leader of the Free World is terrifying to me. We are closer to the Idiocracy reality now than ever before. This speaks volumes about America as it exists in 2016.

E: You don't even need a convincing conspiracy theory like International Jewry anymore. You just need soothing enough pablum and word salad.

I find it far more terrifying that Clinton can run on a platform championed by her opponent despite a long history of opposing those very causes and still has popular support among democrats.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 26, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

farraday posted:

If the Republican candidate is so toxic that voters stay home they could, possibly lose the House.

I doubt it'll be that bad. Dems might pick up seats in the house if the GOP just has a bunch of voters staying home but the House map is a kind of locked-in GOP majority until Hillary's second term.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Can we draft him to re-enter the race?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so how did the debate go? did rubio implode?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

icantfindaname posted:

It was a three-way screamfuck. Rubio and Cruz actually managed to get under Trump's skin more than once. Overall they probably did enough damage to keep themselves in the race a little longer but not enough to actually take Trump out. Trump knew this and was already starting to pivot to the general (which is part of why they were able to get to him).

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Every early, post-debate poll I've seen has Trump winning yuuuuge.

Media narrative not yet landed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

VikingofRock posted:

An actual fully automatic AK-47 or derivative thereof is almost impossible (Or at least insanely expensive) to get, but semi-auto knockoffs are pretty common in gun shops.

e:f;b

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 26, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boon posted:

Every early, post-debate poll I've seen has Trump winning yuuuuge.

Media narrative not yet landed.

Whatever it is it won't include the words "Kasich" or "Carson".

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

gohmak posted:

I find it far more terrifying that Clinton can run on a plantform championed by her opponent despite a long history of opposing those very causes and still has popular support among democrats.

Which ones?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

https://twitter.com/Reince/status/703065466345037825

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Fox News currently extolling Rubio on Megyn Kelly's show. As mentioned, Kasich and Carson not on that stage.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Just a reminder on what kind of person Ted Cruz is:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Marco Rubio loves America. He really, really, loves America. "How much does Marco love America?" you might ask?

This much:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Trump wearing a blue tie :tinfoil:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Posted from a bathtub with a hairdryer balanced precariously on the edge.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Brannock posted:

Just a reminder on what kind of person Ted Cruz is:

Long live the new flesh.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

DeusExMachinima posted:

Winning the house is going to be unbelievably difficult until after the next census. It is very, very important that the Dems do well in state and local elections in 2020. The reason why the house has been so difficult to win is because they got crushed by the GOP in 2010.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fried Chicken posted:

Marco Rubio loves America. He really, really, loves America. "How much does Marco love America?" you might ask?

This much:

Actually he's just a huge Marshawn Lynch fan

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DeusExMachinima posted:

Probably. Which is why we should get rid of the 1932 law against expanding the house and ban gerrymandering.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Must be nice to be paid RNC Chairman money while perma-drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is from a page ago or so, but the 149 in nevada wasn't the total number of Latino voters but rather the size of the sample used for the poll. There were a lot more than that. The 149 was the random sample exit poll.

• Locked thread