Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

alf_pogs posted:

well it has been just a great 48 hours for star citizen

just great

Agreed, CIG does keep delivering. Dry spells suck, but these moments make up for it.

Edit: Wow, reading that thread over there is agravating and I have nothing invested in this. I'm mean what is this BS

quote:

Who cares how it happened? Let's just apply a positive pressure with reasonable arguments other than "QQ IT CHANGED" and see what happens. Complaining about the spilled milk isn't going to turn it into a second seat.

$150? Really, they should just be okay with it?

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 26, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Lime Tonics posted:

They already edited the ships page.

IT ALWAYS HAD ONE SEAT.

But there's clearly 2 people in ther....
ITS ALPHA YOU NOOB SHUTUP

DO NOT DISTURB THE VISION

that's the same art as before though

it's just really hard to see the two pilots because they're uncomfortably close together

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Dusty Lens posted:

Thanks Ben.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

it's just really hard to see the two pilots because they're uncomfortably close together

They also lost the climate control along with the seat so the two pilots are huddled in a single spacesuit for warmth.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Someone needs to get in the thread and spreading the company truth. It has always been a single seat ship.

Also, anyone who can't tell that Ben just spews out any verbal diarrhea on every topic, wether he understands it or has any information about it or not needs to get a bit less gullible.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Klyith posted:

yea but they changed the max crew stat.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://web.archive.org/web/20151003150447/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/khartu/Khartu-Al

Here's them selling it as a 2 seater

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HKS posted:

People are mad because the 2 seater implies 'real' multicrew and with shared controls.

They're cutting gameplay as well as the jpeg.

This is just drip number 2 of the feature cutting, there's a lot more to go lol.

My body is ready for The Harvest.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It remains insane to me that there is still so little of an actual game here that this might be the breaking point for some of the backers

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh for god sakes, that fur protects you when sitting on the back porch of the Starfarer during a refueling effort.

I will fight you IRL

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tortolia posted:

Some folks are a bit miffed that a ship they bought with a stated design, art, and design parameters of a two seater (and was on sale multiple times recently with that stated design) isn't actually a two seater as implemented.

And the person ostensibly in charge of overseeing this design has no idea where the extra seat went.

We're still dealing with the inanity of jpegs valued at hundreds of dollars, but now with the added fun of a different jpeg being delivered and multiple possible explanations why this is and all of them being somewhere on a sliding scale between sheer incompetence and pure deceit.

They delivered a significant portion of the ship.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope they add a rocking chair and pocketknife to the cash shop so one day in the future I can sit on the back porch of my jpeg and whittle a tiny jpeg.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

MeLKoR posted:

They delivered a significant portion of the ship.
:vince:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ha, that's pretty clearly them changing a 2 to a 1 after the sales ended. Good times.

mp5 posted:

It remains insane to me that there is still so little of an actual game here that this might be the breaking point for some of the backers

Well in a way, they are now touching the jpegs they are selling. And what do these people have but the jpeg. Oh and some meaningless numbers.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 26, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Apparently it also lost a kilogram, but now that it's minus one seat, shouldn't it have lost about 80?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

ComfyPants posted:

Apparently it also lost a kilogram, but now that it's minus one seat, shouldn't it have lost about 80?

Dreams are heavy dude. They added more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

You know I was thinking about this second seat debacle and it might not have been a gently caress up by Ben. I mean, we are all agreed that this "disappeared" story is a load of poo poo, right? What happened is that CIG has finally realized they have a mountain of work to do and not enough money to do it at current rates so they are simplifying everything. Now the question is, did Ben came up with this PR nightmare of a story all on is own? Did he just come up with it on the spot without considering the implications or was he ordered by Chris to fall on his sword and make the whole thing look like a mistake that "will be fixed later"?

e: f;b

I think if anyone would be willing to sacrifice themselves and look like a complete moron in order to allow Chris Roberts to save face it would be Ben. Frankly it doesn't matter why he said it, he did and now the narrative is that the Director of Ships is so incompetent that he doesn't even know when a starship is missing a seat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think if anyone would be willing to sacrifice themselves and look like a complete moron in order to allow Chris Roberts to save face it would be Ben. Frankly it doesn't matter why he said it, he did and now the narrative is that the Director of Ships is so incompetent that he doesn't even know when a starship is missing a seat.

Thanks Ben.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Guys, guys I got an idea...

...why not get Reddit to look for the missing spaceship-seat .jpeg?

Reddit has already proven how clever they are, by connecting the dots between goon names being the same here as they are there...surely Redditors could find that .jpeg?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I kept racking my brain all day, because the artwork for that ship looked so damned familiar:

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

G0RF posted:

Seriously - that's a beautiful read, DustyLens.

Sooner or later tha backers are going to realize they've been shouting "You clearly know nothing about Game Development!" at the wrong people...

"Sorry, our ""devs"" were too busy going through dissenters PMs and reading other forums to do their jobs"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dementropy posted:

I kept racking my brain all day, because the artwork for that ship looked so damned familiar:

Designed by a strange alien race called the oda'noM

croberts is such a loving hack :lol:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
To cap off a day cram packed with adventure, it's another episode of Ask Sandi!

00:20 Intro
1:19 How is you acting career going?
2:54 How is the GamesCom Event coming together?
3:30 Are you working with sponsors?
4:56 Do you try to have merchandise available to purchase prior to events?
7:13 How is the Cos Play kit coming?
12:07 Are you planning a big event for Squadron 42 release?
13:14 How has your job changed over the last year?
14:44 HOTAS questions
18:08 When will there be more models like the Connie Model that is currently available?

I am unable to watch it at the moment but I expect great things. How better to kick off a Q&A with the VP of Marketing of a $108M crowdfunded game than with questions about her outside acting career!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 26, 2016

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's pointless to speculate on the thought process behind his excuse, but it seems obvious to me that the intent of the post wasn't to take the blame, but to place it elsewhere. And he fully expected shitizens would be thanking him for 'getting to the bottom of this', even as he uses the vaguest language possible to wiggle out of actually fixing the ship in the future (which probably can't be done easily if you consider the reasons for it deliberately being turned into a 1-seater in the first place)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lime Tonics posted:

It's not bait and switch because it alpha, will never not be funny.

This game is more fun not played, I get it now. I was seriously gonna go in another 45 bucks to see the wonders of the newest patches, but then I realized after 15 minutes of load time and crashes, I would get like 10 minutes of enjoyment out of it and feel like an idiot.
I like bad physics games, and goat sim is kind of lacking lately.

The page, clearly states all specs are subject to change :rolleyes:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

G0RF posted:

To cap off a day cram packed with adventure, it's another episode of Ask Sandi!

00:20 Intro
1:19 How is you acting career going?
2:54 How is the GamesCom Event coming together?
3:30 Are you working with sponsors?
4:56 Do you try to have merchandise available to purchase prior to events?
7:13 How is the Cos Play kit coming?
12:07 Are you planning a big even for Squadron 42 release?
13:14 How has your job changes over the last year?
14:44 HOTAS questions
18:08 When will there be more models like the Connie Model that is currently available?

I am unable to watch it at the moment but I expect great things. How better to kick off a Q&A with the VP of Marketing of a $108M crowdfunded game than with questions about her outside acting career!

Lord thou giveth in mysterious ways but thine grace is great on this day

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I think this answers my question earlier - Ben will (temporarily, until he can shift the blame onto others) take the heat for this so that nothing sticks to Crobberts. I thought this could be a breaking point of sorts but there isn't one.

If I didn't see all these things happen in real time I never would have guessed this is a real story of game development.

The other amazing thing about Star Citizen is that I don't even know what will come next, and no prediction is too outlandish.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nicholas posted:

It's pointless to speculate on the thought process behind his excuse, but it seems obvious to me that the intent of the post wasn't to take the blame, but to place it elsewhere. And he fully expected shitizens would be thanking him for 'getting to the bottom of this', even as he uses the vaguest language possible to wiggle out of actually fixing the ship in the future (which probably can't be done easily if you consider the reasons for it deliberately being turned into a 1-seater in the first place)

Good point. It could very well be that he is so inept and incompetent that he really did think he was doing something that would assuage concerns.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Jason Sextro posted:

The other amazing thing about Star Citizen is that I don't even know what will come next, and no prediction is too outlandish.

There will be a concept ship sale. The ships promised specs and role will be amazing. Goons will laugh and say "jesus chris who will be dumb enough to give them money for a jpeg after all this other poo poo" and then they raise 1.5 million dollars in a weekend.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ben's been too occupied archiving all the Wing Commander documents to have time to focus on spaceship design.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nicholas posted:

There will be a concept ship sale. The ships promised specs and role will be amazing. Goons will laugh and say "jesus chris who will be dumb enough to give them money for a jpeg after all this other poo poo" and then they raise 1.5 million dollars in a weekend.

in my minds eye i can see them pitching this impromptu sale as a form of apology

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Oh, aye, some rear end in a top hat has blown in out of nowhere on Information Redux and picked a fight with me over my comment Steve Jobs' reality distortion field migrated to CIG upon his death. His entire strategy seems to be "NUH UH! NO! YOU!"

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2016/01/25/star-citizens-star-marine-module-officially-cancelled/#comment-2534898335

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

in my minds eye i can see them pitching this impromptu sale as a form of apology
that would take some fuckin' onions to pull off. like raw, naked contempt for the backers

so 100% chance of it happening

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

fuctifino posted:

Ben's been too occupied archiving all the Wing Commander documents to have time to focus on spaceship design.

he's the pregnant woman from that philandering architect episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, where CR is the architect.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In the Batigirl interview, Sandi says that it's far easier to work an extra 2 hours each day than to hire 3-4 extra people. And she implied she does't have any dates or milestones within the game (probably because there are none full-stop). She loses her composure whilst talking (at around 14m mark), and I'd love for GORF to do one of his great analysis of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxdNDqwXvY

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good point. It could very well be that he is so inept and incompetent that he really did think he was doing something that would assuage concerns.

I think its more of an honest mistake. After all, Ben probably doesn't know what assuage means and just went with it because he thought it was another of Sandis fat 'jokes'.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I adore everything about this. The ship doubled in size from the concept, yet somehow only has room for half the expected crew? Its armament is now just 33% of what was promised? Its only unique features—the fancy open-winged flight mode and magic see-thru cockpit—were both axed? AND they knew all of this but still sold the ship as the original concept just a couple weeks ago? Absolutely beautiful. And I thought the gulf between expectation and reality for the Cutlass was bad. Literally none of the three concept art pieces still on their site in any way reflects the reality of what was delivered. For $150. And I love what Lesnick had to say about it. It's either abject mismanagement at every possible level, or CIG are just shameless liars. Or both. It's both.

It's so loving cool that every CIG fuckup is like a beautiful little microcosm of all of their problems, from their chronic lack of defined scope, to inept management, to disastrously-poor PR.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

fuctifino posted:

In the Batigirl interview, Sandi says that it's far easier to work an extra 2 hours each day than to hire 3-4 extra people. And she implied she does't have any dates or milestones within the game (probably because there are none full-stop). She loses her composure whilst talking (at around 14m mark), and I'd love for GORF to do one of his great analysis of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxdNDqwXvY
That sounds like something that someone who doesn't actually have to do any work would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Can someone post a picture of what the ship actually looks like?

• Locked thread