Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Had tuna patties with a salad, both with "Japanese flavours" (wasabi, soy sauce, ginger, sesame, etc)

quick and cheap...just need to add some onions to the patties next time, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

blacquethoven posted:

some pics from tonight

feature i did, stone ground mustard beurre blanc base, pulled pork, apple bacon jam, arugula

margherita

our oven (sadly not woodfired)

e:looks like my pics didnt work ill fix them qhen i get home

Helps if you include the file extensions. Tasty!

paraquat posted:

Had tuna patties with a salad, both with "Japanese flavours" (wasabi, soy sauce, ginger, sesame, etc)

quick and cheap...just need to add some onions to the patties next time, I think

Please tell me about these patties. What went into them?

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

LordSaturn posted:

Please tell me about these patties. What went into them?

a (small) can of tuna, a tablespoon of soy sauce, a teaspoon of wasabi powder (if you use wasabi from a tube, use a bit more), a teaspoon of sriracha, a tablespoon of sesame seeds, an egg, two tablespoons of bread-crumbs, pepper and salt (about a quarter teaspoon)

would eat again, but the ones I made like written above lacked onions and were a bit too dry...also, I'd use (a lot) more wasabi and/or sriracha next time.

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.

The Midniter posted:

This is a great post. I know you said that cooking the pizza in a home oven won't come close to your results (with the gorgeous leopard spots), but I'm okay with that since I'm not going to drop three bills on an outdoor oven I have no room for. Would you make any alterations to your dough recipe if cooked in a standard oven?

blixa posted:

So my apartment complex doesn't allow for wood fired anything. Would a baking steel in a normal gas grill work for this, you think?

I do a lot of pizza making with an electric apartment oven. You can get far better results than people realize with a pretty minimal investment. I used to use a Lodge cast iron pizza pan, but recently moved up to a baking steel. My current setup at home uses both of these:

Even with just a baking steel you can still do a great job. You'd want to put it higher in the oven, preheat at the highest your oven will go for about an hour, and right before you put the pizza in switch the oven to broil. Where exactly the steel needs to go and precisely what you need to do with your broiler varies a lot from oven to oven so you'll have to play around with things. Something that's nice about a setup like I have is that recovery time is quick and you can turn out pizza after pizza. I host dinner parties and will often do 12 pizzas a night.

I use a high hydration dough like Doom Rooster but it's of the no-knead variety: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-neapolitan-pizza-dough-recipe.html

Use semolina to keep your pizza from sticking to the peel. I've tried a few different solutions, including rice flour, and semolina has worked the best by far.

Also:

Doom Rooster posted:

- Stop putting stuff in your pizza sauce. There is nothing even close to as good as fantastic tomatoes, passed through a food mill with salt. Carmelina brand won out as the top pick for all 3 of us doing the taste test, cooked and raw. Strianese is the industry standard at most pizzerias, and was a semi-close second for us in the taste test.

- When you take your pizza out, it will be steaming from the bottom. If you don't want instant soggy pizza, get some of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KE5OBY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

While I make some of my pizzas with a very simple sauce of ground or crushed canned tomatoes, my favorite sauce is simmered for a short amount of time and made from crushed canned tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and fish sauce. The last ingredient is critical. it adds some wonderful depth to the sauce and the result is not remotely fishy. The fun part about doing this though is that you can make many pizzas in a night and try different sauces on all of them.

Also, I've not had any issues with the bottom of pizzas getting soggy. I just remove pizzas to a gigantic wooden cutting board to cool slightly before serving.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

Oae Ui posted:

I do a lot of pizza making with an electric apartment oven. You can get far better results than people realize with a pretty minimal investment. I used to use a Lodge cast iron pizza pan, but recently moved up to a baking steel. My current setup at home uses both of these:

Oh yeah, I make great pizzas with my baking steel in the gas oven I have today. It's just...one smidge of cheese hits the steel and the smoke detector will go off forever. It's a pain in the rear end and I hoped moving my pizza cooking outdoors would be viable.

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.

blixa posted:

Oh yeah, I make great pizzas with my baking steel in the gas oven I have today. It's just...one smidge of cheese hits the steel and the smoke detector will go off forever. It's a pain in the rear end and I hoped moving my pizza cooking outdoors would be viable.

My solution to this was shower caps. Get a brightly colored one and put it on your smoke detector before you put in the first pizza.

Dressed For Chess
May 6, 2007
Fun Shoe
I've been on a pie kick lately... this is a chocolate cream pie out of the Hoosier Mama cookbook. loving spectacular.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

haggis56 posted:

I've been on a pie kick lately... this is a chocolate cream pie out of the Hoosier Mama cookbook. loving spectacular.

Recipe?

Dressed For Chess
May 6, 2007
Fun Shoe

Ingredients

1 single-crust, blind-baked All-Butter Pie Dough shell
2 cups (474mL/484g) whole milk, divided
1 cup (237mL/ 232g) heavy cream
3 tablespoons (27g) cornstarch
2 large (100g) eggs
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
5 ounces (140g) 50-60% semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
5 ounces (140g) 60-70% bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons ( 56g) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla paste
Pinch kosher salt
Melted bittersweet chocolate, for coating the pie shell
Lightly sweetened whipped cream
Dark chocolate curls or shavings, for garnish

Directions

1. Combine 1 1/2 cups (356mL or 438g) of the milk and the cream in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally so the milk does not scorch on the bottom of the pan.

2. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup (119mL or 121g) of milk into the cornstarch to make a smooth slurry.

3. Place the eggs into a medium, deep heatproof bowl. Whisk in the sugar until well combined. Slowly pour in the slurry and whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture, stirring until well combined.

4. Pour everything back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture starts to thicken and just begins to boil. Whisk at a boil for 2 more minutes.

5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add both of the chocolates and the butter. Whisk until everything is melted and well incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla paste and salt.

6. Pour the pastry cream through a fine-mesh strainer into a heatproof bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pastry cream and gently smooth with your fingers. This will prevent a skin from forming on the top of the pastry cream.

7. Chill the pastry cream in the refrigerator until it is firm, about 2 hours. You can speed up this process by placing the bowl of pastry cream over an ice-water bath.

8. Brush the inside of the empty pie shell with melted bittersweet chocolate. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate cools and sets, about 5 minutes.

9. Remove the pastry cream from the refrigerator and whisk vigorously until smooth and light. Scoop the pastry cream into the prepared pie shell, smoothing the top with a spoon or offset spatula. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pie and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.

10. Remove the plastic wrap and top the pie with the Lightly Sweetened Whipped Cream, making sure the pastry cream is completely covered or it will dry out.

11. Garnish with chocolate curls or shavings.

The pastry cream can be made up to 1 day in advance. The finished pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Do not store at room temperature.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
They just made this on Americas Test kitchen. I noticed they only used the yolks though, 3.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Awesome, thanks!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Oae Ui posted:

Even with just a baking steel you can still do a great job. You'd want to put it higher in the oven, preheat at the highest your oven will go for about an hour, and right before you put the pizza in switch the oven to broil. Where exactly the steel needs to go and precisely what you need to do with your broiler varies a lot from oven to oven so you'll have to play around with things. Something that's nice about a setup like I have is that recovery time is quick and you can turn out pizza after pizza. I host dinner parties and will often do 12 pizzas a night.

I use a high hydration dough like Doom Rooster but it's of the no-knead variety: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-neapolitan-pizza-dough-recipe.html

Use semolina to keep your pizza from sticking to the peel. I've tried a few different solutions, including rice flour, and semolina has worked the best by far.

Also:

While I make some of my pizzas with a very simple sauce of ground or crushed canned tomatoes, my favorite sauce is simmered for a short amount of time and made from crushed canned tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and fish sauce. The last ingredient is critical. it adds some wonderful depth to the sauce and the result is not remotely fishy. The fun part about doing this though is that you can make many pizzas in a night and try different sauces on all of them.

Also, I've not had any issues with the bottom of pizzas getting soggy. I just remove pizzas to a gigantic wooden cutting board to cool slightly before serving.

I get great results with broiler + steel as well when I can actually get the pizza transferred to the steel without totally loving it up which is maybe 1 in 3 times. I think I need to get faster so everything isn't on the dough quite as long and probably need to be a bit more vigorous on my first attempt to drop it in. Or just time to start trying parchment paper/foil/a pizza screen.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

novamute posted:

I get great results with broiler + steel as well when I can actually get the pizza transferred to the steel without totally loving it up which is maybe 1 in 3 times. I think I need to get faster so everything isn't on the dough quite as long and probably need to be a bit more vigorous on my first attempt to drop it in. Or just time to start trying parchment paper/foil/a pizza screen.

I usually par-cook the crust - pop it on the steel for like 30 seconds so the bottom cooks just a bit, then pull it out, turn it upside down to let some of the steam off of the bottom (for as long as it takes to grate my cheese, usually), then flip back over and top.

I dunno if that changes much in terms of how the pizza turns out, but it's been pretty foolproof for keeping it from sticking to the peel.

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.

novamute posted:

Are you using semolina? If so, just move quicker with topping the pizza and give it a few shakes before depositing and if any parts of the pizza don't move lift them up and toss more semolina underneath. Do this until the pizza stops sticking. That's really the best advice I can give, but I have maybe 1 in 30 pizzas stick when moving them to the steel and they can always be saved by having a quick thinking individual nearby with a spatula.

Edit: Also, I'm doing this with a steel pizza peel. I don't have a wood one and I'm not sure if that would make things easier or more difficult.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
I've had pretty good results with a cast iron skillet. Get it super hot in the oven, put it on the stove top and drop in the dough base, top it, return to oven and broil. No problems with transfers because no peel required. Only downside is the size, but it's fine for 1-2 people.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

sweat poteto posted:

I've had pretty good results with a cast iron skillet. Get it super hot in the oven, put it on the stove top and drop in the dough base, top it, return to oven and broil. No problems with transfers because no peel required. Only downside is the size, but it's fine for 1-2 people.

A friend of mine has a huge cast iron skillet just for pizza. I think it is 17".

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

A friend of mine has a huge cast iron skillet just for pizza. I think it is 17".

I just looked these up and god drat they are pricey. I want one.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Plinkey posted:

I just looked these up and god drat they are pricey. I want one.

I saw these at Marshall's a couple weeks ago for $40. They may also be available at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, etc..

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Oae Ui posted:

Are you using semolina? If so, just move quicker with topping the pizza and give it a few shakes before depositing and if any parts of the pizza don't move lift them up and toss more semolina underneath. Do this until the pizza stops sticking. That's really the best advice I can give, but I have maybe 1 in 30 pizzas stick when moving them to the steel and they can always be saved by having a quick thinking individual nearby with a spatula.

Edit: Also, I'm doing this with a steel pizza peel. I don't have a wood one and I'm not sure if that would make things easier or more difficult.

Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I normally try to do except since I don't have a real peel I'm just using a rimless cookie sheet instead.

FrictionlessEmu posted:

I usually par-cook the crust - pop it on the steel for like 30 seconds so the bottom cooks just a bit, then pull it out, turn it upside down to let some of the steam off of the bottom (for as long as it takes to grate my cheese, usually), then flip back over and top.

I dunno if that changes much in terms of how the pizza turns out, but it's been pretty foolproof for keeping it from sticking to the peel.

This sounds like a great idea. Can't imagine it would affect the final product much and making the crust just a little stiffer before trying to slide it in would probably solve all my problems.

nazutul
Jul 12, 2006
Lemme tell you something, boy

Amazing! I'm gonna try this!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nazutul posted:

Amazing! I'm gonna try this!

I'm all about the pizza steel. I have a ⅜" steel. I set my oven on 550 convection roast, steel second rack from the top. My pies cook in 3-4 minutes.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Prosciutto, fig, pear, shallot, smoked mozzarella, white sauce and dandelion green pizza from scratch. Turned out pretty well, just a little on the salty side.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

charliebravo77 posted:

Prosciutto, fig, pear, shallot, smoked mozzarella, white sauce and dandelion green pizza from scratch. Turned out pretty well, just a little on the salty side.

That looks delicious, pig and fig's such a good combination. I like it a lot with a garlic-olive oil base too.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

131F Ribeye, fondant potatoes, demi glazed green beans and roasted mushrooms. gently caress yeah.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Food Wishes Chicken Tikka Masala
That resolution's way too high. WHOOPS!

Now, it tastes great, don't get me wrong and maybe it's just because I saw how the sausage got made, but I think it needs something. My dad says it's great but the tomato paste comes on a little strong, maybe. I'm bad at opinions.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 28, 2016

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
It's chili with steak, pork and chorizo.

Topped with chicharrones.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

MrSlam posted:

Food Wishes Chicken Tikka Masala
That resolution's way too high. WHOOPS!

Now, it tastes great, don't get me wrong and maybe it's just because I saw how the sausage got made, but I think it needs something. My dad says it's great but the tomato paste comes on a little strong, maybe. I'm bad at opinions.

I'm not a professional but whenever I make curry I find adding a splash of fish sauce or vinegar can help lift the flavour. Also, when I use tomato paste I always add a pinch of sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tamarind is what you want for curries imo

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

131F Ribeye, fondant potatoes, demi glazed green beans and roasted mushrooms. gently caress yeah.

Leftovers, served with a slice of freshly baked sourdough boule

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

drat, that crumb is legit.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Made some lemon bars.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Im annoyed I didnt get a proper photo of this with sides. I made a beef rendang that I reduced over 8 hours, adding water/coconut milk occasionally and resisting the urge to stir too much.

Rendang is a dish that always looks better when it is starting out then when it is done cooking I think.

At the start

About an hour before serving, reduced until the meat was easily distinguished from the sauce. I normally serve ONLY the meat, as the sauce is quite rich so I use it as abase for other currys.

Served with rice, sliced cucumber, browned peanuts, sliced tomato and a desicated coconut/coconut milk reduction for heat management. Was good...

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Crossposted from the Chinese Cooking thread:

I just hosted my first real dinner party for friends this Saturday! I decided to go full-on Chinese with Eight Savory Courses (for good luck!) and a Five-Flavor Dessert Plate (another lucky number). Important thing to know about me is that I was raised by a mom whose ancestors were from the Jiangsu Province of China (aka Jiangsu-Ren) and Jiangsu peeps have a real sweet tooth. They love to put a heaping spoonful of sugar in everything, including the savory courses. At the same time however, my mom loves to cook Szechuan cuisine so I'll be taking us on a bit of a pan-China tour. :)

And as my mom always said, "For us Jiangsu-Ren, a dinner feels incomplete without a dessert." I was chatting with another Chinese friend about this and he joked that "well, even the main courses in Jiangsu dishes always felt like dessert to me."

Eight Savory Courses:

Dinner was served with jasmine & green tea-perfumed rice (not counting this as a course) and an excellent gewurztraminer with a great distinctive lychee aroma.

1) Mapo Tofu. A traditional Szechuan dish typified by its "ma la" flavor profile: Numbing (from the szechuan peppercorns) and spicy-hot. Normally this dish would be swimming in chili oil, but I decided to go not add any more fat to it than necessary since I wanted this to be a stew to pour over the tea-scented rice. Silken tofu means it's got a tender mouthfeel next to the richness of the minced meat, and the milky soy quality of the tofu also helps to quench the heat of the sauce a little.

2) Red Cooked Short Ribs. Braised for 72 hours in my immersion circulator at 144*F in a rich dark sauce spiced with chili peppers, star anise, ginger, and szechuan peppercorns and aged orange peel. I originally wanted the meat to be more pink and medium but upon reheating it got cooked through a little past that. The glaze has a good hunk of cane sugar in it so it's nice and sweet.

3) Scallion Oil Chicken. For this popular Cantonese dish I deboned some chicken legs & thighs, seasoned them with salt and white pepper, rolled them into roulades, and poached them in my immersion circulator for 12 hours at 150*F. After chilling them overnight I slice them into medallions and arrange them into a blossom of delicious chicken meat. These days it's customary to serve the dish cold, and just before putting it on the table I top the chicken medallions with scallions and ginger sauteed in a generous amount of vegetable oil. Silky, moist, unctuous, and cooling.

4) Hong Shao Rou. Red-cooked braised pork cheeks. These were also cooked for 72 hours in my immersion circulator, in a rich dark sauce. Pork cheeks are a wonderful cut of meat that get delightfully soft and silky when you cook them down for that long. The sauce made from the bag juices also became exceptionally gelatinous and laquered each individual piece of fatty cheek meat. I also backseasoned the sauce with more spices, and arranged them as part of the presentation. Quite proud of the plating here.

5) Thai basil & pepper braised eggplant. I took a donkey's dick of a Chinese eggplant and sauteed it in a dark vinegar sauce and it shriveled down terribly to this pathetic little amount that barely fills a small bowl (this also hearkens to a phobia unique to Japan and some parts of China). Despite this, it was remarkably tasty and one of my friends said this was one of his favorite dishes of the night, even when stacked up against the other meatier courses. Got a nice deep thrumming base of umami to it.

6) Xiao Long Bao. AKA Little Basket Dumplings, AKA Shanghai Soup Dumplings. Handmade dumplings with soup on the INSIDE of the wrapper along with a small nugget of meat. I made these with the help and teaching of my Tibetan uncle, a master dumpling maker. Went with two flavors: Original Shanghai style (white), and spicy Szechuan filling with a broth made from like 8 different spices. What you're seeing here is when they're freshly made, before steaming. To eat these you nip the skirt of the dumpling, slurp out the mouthful of soup, and then dip the dumpling into a vinegar-ginger sauce and eat the sucker. Delish.

7) Shanghai-Style Pickled Cucumbers. Lightly brined so they still retain a good crunch, they're seasoned with garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and (of course) a good spoonful of sugar. A nice palate cleanser.

8) (Not pictured) Creamed Corn Egg Drop Soup. A thick yet light soup meant to close the meal. Unlike the West, the Chinese prefer to END a meal with a bowl of soup since it leaves the guests with a nice, warm comforting feeling. Chinese soups are also much less salty since they're not meant to be eaten with bread, and you also don't wanna leave a cloying sensation when you're ending the meal.

:siren: ***INTERMISSION*** :siren:

If you guys don't have a bottle of this poo poo, you gotta pick it up. Saint Elizabeth's Allspice Liqueur. After the meal I served this as a digestif, and boy does it warm you up inside. Sweet, soft, and with a wonderful spicy aroma it really helps comfort and cleanse the palate.

And now, back to the show.

Five Flavor Dessert Platter:

Normally Chinese desserts are grossly disappointing, so I wanted to use some more western techniques to jazz things up a bit. These were served with an orange moscato. After we finished this plate we retired to the sofa for some Death to Smoochy and Chrysanthemum Tea sweetened with crystallized honey.

1) Asian-style flan. The main star of the dish, I wanted this (and the wine) to be a playful variant of the Chinese American tradition of having orange slices for dessert (funny enough that Chinese friend of mine is from the Mainland and he's never heard of the orange slice thing and thought it was weird). I modified a Japanese flan/egg custard pudding recipe (puri) and flavored it with orange zest, orange blossom water, osmanthus, and vanilla. Sweetened very very lightly with Turkish honey, it's got notes of bitterness that helps play wonderfully against the sweet syrup. Also after some experimentation I got just the right ratios of ingredients such that the texture was perfect and it was supple as a courtesan's inner thigh.

2) Burnt sugar syrup infused with cinnamon and cloves. Lightly spicy, it synergizes with the orange aroma and faint bitterness in the flan.

3) Sugar-Infused Wolfberries. Wolfberries in Chinese herbalism are supposed to be very cleansing, and they also add a certain raisiney sweetness to the dish. Got a faintly meaty texture and a nice chewy bite to contrast against the silken softness of the flan.

4) Lychees. These came from a can, I'll admit.

5) Hawthorn berry sorbet. Homemade with dried hawthorn berries, the sorbet was thick in texture and had a wonderfuly zingy tartness that also wedded well with the syrup.

Background Music:

I didn't want to do Chinese classical music even though it can be very pretty, because that would've just been way too much. Instead I went with the French electroswing group, Caravan Palace. With the volume down low it was very nice and stimulating without being too energetic.

Give it a listen.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
God. drat.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I need better friends apparently. drat that all looks incredible.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Our families must be from the same regions because I'd basically made the same menu but would have added the ubiquitous mushroom and bokchoy as well as szechuan green beans cause I love those green beans.

quote:

funny enough that Chinese friend of mine is from the Mainland and he's never heard of the orange slice thing and thought it was weird

I refuse to believe he's really from mainland China lol.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rurutia posted:

Our families must be from the same regions because I'd basically made the same menu but would have added the ubiquitous mushroom and bokchoy as well as szechuan green beans cause I love those green beans.

Honestly after using bokchoy for guinea pig food for so long I really can't stand the stuff. Green beans are bitchin' however (haricot verts right?). How do you like to cook them?

Also I'm pretty proud of my plating. I'm definitely getting better at composition and color contrasts!

quote:

I refuse to believe he's really from mainland China lol.

To him orange slices for dessert sounded like "the most random thing."

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Risotto night. Unf.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Drink and Fight posted:

Risotto night. Unf.

As tasty as it looks, it seems a little too dry to be a risotto. It seems to be halfway down the line to a pilaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

ShadowCatboy posted:

As tasty as it looks, it seems a little too dry to be a risotto. It seems to be halfway down the line to a pilaf.

No it's really moist, not sure why it looks like that in the pic.

• Locked thread