Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have bad teeth, but I am glad I do not have Nico's teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

His small soft body fills the doobie sized hole in my heart.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

This makes me miss Eric the midget :(

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840778752/manos-returns

The kickstarter itself isn't that terrible, but the idea is just... Idk, pointless

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

laserghost posted:

The kickstarter itself isn't that terrible, but the idea is just... Idk, pointless

I want this to happen but only if they barely meet their minimum, spend most of the money on kickstarter backers, and have to cobble together the rest with what they have handy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

quote:

Produced by Jackey Neyman Jones, who played little Debbie in the B-movie classic "MANOS: The Hands of Fate," MANOS Returns is a tongue-in-cheek return to Valley Lodge. It follows a group of young would-be filmmakers who learn their favorite movie, “MANOS: The Hands of Fate,” is based on a true story. They set out to visit the site of the events that inspired the original and of course they find more than they bargained for.

Sounds wonderful.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.

He wants to cosplay.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

laserghost posted:

Is this the same movie that hosed over the bluray restoration of the original Manos by saying that they owned the copyright, or is there more than one group of hacks trying to cash in on bad movie irony.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Famine Poodle posted:

Seriously, the last time I saw him, I learned he didn't know you're supposed to shower or brush your teeth everyday.

Did he grow up in the woods or something? I'm also curious what fertile woman witnessed a morbidly obese sweaty odorous dwarf and decided to have sex with him.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Famine Poodle posted:

He wants to cosplay.

vincent adultman cosplay and I'm in for a jackson

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

This makes me miss Eric the midget :(

Was about to say, He really should just try and get into contact with Stern and become a Wack Pack member

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

Is this the same movie that hosed over the bluray restoration of the original Manos by saying that they owned the copyright, or is there more than one group of hacks trying to cash in on bad movie irony.

This is a different thing, that was "Return to Valley Lodge" or something like that. Those assholes also caused problems with the Rifftrax Manos even by contacting them at the last second claiming they held the copyright but hey, just let them show up and do some promotion and everything would be fine.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

laserghost posted:

created by the hanger-on in your high school friend group who would repeat your in-jokes at inappropriate times to try and fit in

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey guys what if we were like in Manos and we'd make jokes about it while hanging out with the iconic characters of....Torgo....and The Master...and the creepy underage wives.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

tbh the fact that the actor playing torgo killed himself seems like the most fitting end to the story. there's no room for a sequel.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Harveygod posted:

Did he grow up in the woods or something? I'm also curious what fertile woman witnessed a morbidly obese sweaty odorous dwarf and decided to have sex with him.

One who wanted a dwarf baby. He was less obese six years ago, but still obese. I don't know the details but going into it she was intending to become pregnant and he was not.

I haven't met his parents but I've heard them described as "lovely, just lovely" and "trailer trash" most often.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

Otisburg posted:

vincent adultman cosplay and I'm in for a jackson

I think this could be arranged.

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!

laserghost posted:

"We are not trying to make a bad movie."

And yet...the clanging chimes of inevitability are ringing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PepperSinclaire posted:

"We are not trying to make a bad movie."

And yet...the clanging chimes of inevitability are ringing.

I don't know what would be worse: a completely earnest tribute to Manos, or a movie intentionally trying to be So Bad It's Good.

I mean, I guess at least they're trying?

9hotonic
Jan 29, 2016

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"

if 🎷 be the 🍕 of ❤ smash dat motherfucking 🎹🎸🎺 bro

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know what would be worse: a completely earnest tribute to Manos, or a movie intentionally trying to be So Bad It's Good.

I mean, I guess at least they're trying?

I wish more traditionally "bad" movies got competent remakes. Manos could be amazing movie with a little polish.
A family on vacation becomes lost in West Texas, and ends up in the middle of a power struggle at a polygamist compound. That would be great.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

WaywardWoodwose posted:

ends up in the middle of a power struggle at a polygamist compound. That would be great.

Whoa there, you already said Texas, no need to repeat yourself.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Famine Poodle posted:

He wants to cosplay.
Well if his rock costume is anything to go by he has a lot to learn.

Although he does have the general shape right.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
That guy must hate the fat Australian dwarf who got to have a role in Fury Road without having to beg for a cent because he was a social media star.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sleeveless posted:

That guy must hate the fat Australian dwarf who got to have a role in Fury Road without having to beg for a cent because he was a social media star.

They should have hired this guy so they didn't need to spend money on makeup making him look like he's dying of cancer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's Peter Stinklage

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

It's Peter Stinklage

If only you knew how right you are

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it'd be nice if peter dinklage was a good actor because as it is he only smears the good name of other dwarf actors who have legitimate acting skill

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
What good name

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it'd be nice if peter dinklage was a good actor because as it is he only smears the good name of other dwarf actors who have legitimate acting skill

Tom cruise is still getting work though?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there's kramer's friend from seinfeld

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Warwick Davis. :colbert:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

The one created by Roland from Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Otisburg posted:

Lol

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Otisburg posted:

I liked the movie that was Groundhog Day but with war against aliens.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Morglon posted:

I liked the movie that was Groundhog Day but with war against aliens.

:agreed: what's not to like about a montage of fangourious cruisedeath? And he starts off as a smarmy easy-to-hate PR flack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Edge of Tomorrow was great because it didn't take itself entirely seriously. It seems like Tom Cruise has been in on the joke that is his career in the last few years.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He's apparently doing a mummy movie next, except not as the title character, and also a movie where he's an elite pilot of the Fairy Squadron flying superjets to fight geometric alien ships flying out of a portal over Antartica. Not to be confused with Top Gun 2, which is also in the works.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Not to be confused with Top Gun 2, which is also in the works.

During a briefing an aging Kelly McGillis is incredulous at her ex-husband's claims to have pushed the performance window of his aircraft by having flown a sortie in an F-35 without it falling apart disastrously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

The MSJ posted:

a movie where he's an elite pilot of the Fairy Squadron flying superjets to fight geometric alien ships flying out of a portal over Antartica.

So he's remaking Battlefield Earth?