Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Kajeesus posted:

I dunno about you guys but this looks pretty fun. If there was a place you could go to rent a katana I'd totally drop $20 and get hella nuts on some water bottles.

It's that level of immaturity that makes me think you aren't ready to handle sick katanas.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Do a GIS or video search for 'katana nose' if you want to know why it's a bad idea to let random people gently caress around with what are essentially 3 feet long razorblades. Turns out that some people like to get drunk at parties and go "Hey, who wants to see me do a trick with this sword? Someone hold a cigarette in their mouth and I'll slice it in half!" and - you'll be shocked by this surprise twist - it ends badly.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Kajeesus posted:

I dunno about you guys but this looks pretty fun. If there was a place you could go to rent a katana I'd totally drop $20 and get hella nuts on some water bottles.
I don't think these places exist, probably because katanas are actually really brittle. They're really incredibly loving sharp, but they break fairly easily if they're not handled properly. That, and renting out metre long lengths of razor sharp steel to the general public would inevitably end up with someone cutting themselves really badly.

But maybe see if you can find any local places that do kenjutsu. I did a taster course a while back that was pretty fun. Didn't get to play with real swords, but the fee did include a wooden training sword which is kind of fun to swing around.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

The Hypergoon
Skit Herre (Internet, 2016)
Photoshop
1900 x 1900 px

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Same thing but with less jpgs.

you know, even if the nerd Apocalypse happens and katanas are the only weapon for some reason i assume some gym time would be way more of a bonus than "inner strength" unless the dude can actually do sword magic i guess.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Elfgames posted:

you know, even if the nerd Apocalypse happens and katanas are the only weapon for some reason i assume some gym time would be way more of a bonus than "inner strength" unless the dude can actually do sword magic i guess.

I imagine if he gets his wish for a post apocalyptic future his last words will be - turns out outer strength would have been way more useful in this situation.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Does that make me crazy?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

Does that make me crazy?

Possibly. Probably.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Do a GIS or video search for 'katana nose' if you want to know why it's a bad idea to let random people gently caress around with what are essentially 3 feet long razorblades.

You know what, I might not do that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Someone posted a video of that in the schadenfreude thread. Really wish I hadn't clicked it.

Technically he didn't cut his own nose :airquote:off:airquote:, but when you're at the point your nose is hanging under your chin that's little comfort.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Guys, what's a block chain?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm guessing he means a chain whip. Otherwise, I 'unno.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Defenistrator posted:

It's where all bitcoin transactions are stored.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Defenistrator posted:

Bitcoin fuckery

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god, it's a bitcoin thing? That's even better!

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

SKY COQ posted:

You know what, I might not do that.

Yeah that one took me by surprise as it was on youtube but it really is not pretty

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope whoever wrote that neckbeard comic died.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

oldpainless posted:

My life is also pretty good and people that think about classism and ableism should just die so I don't have to think about it because my convenience is key in all things. It may not be cool but I'll say it, gently caress the poor and the disabled.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

oldpainless posted:

Same but for everyone else too.

^^^ Oh shut the gently caress up.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Just Offscreen posted:

Same but for everyone else too.

I'm sorry, you're both super edgey and very cool kids.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Just Offscreen posted:

EDIT: funny pic

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Kajeesus posted:

Just hit them with a stick, you'll have about as much effect as this idiot's dull-rear end garbage made from sheet metal. If you look at the slow motion video, he's not even cutting through the waterbottle.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

:perfect:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This guy should just lose some weight and move past it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PleasantDirge posted:

My life is also pretty good and people that think about classism and ableism should just die so I don't have to think about it because my convenience is key in all things. It may not be cool but I'll say it, gently caress the poor and the disabled.

Neckbeard is neither classist nor ableist, HTH.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

PleasantDirge posted:

Your red title made me laugh so thanks for that friend

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Your red title made me laugh so thanks for that friend

It is easy to go to far on a web forum. I don't really think you knock ppl out of wheelchairs for fun

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Just shave your loving neck. Jesus. It's not going to solve all your problems, but at least you don't look like you have so many.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PleasantDirge posted:

It is easy to go to far on a web forum. I don't really think you knock ppl out of wheelchairs for fun

It's not as easy as some people think. No fun to be had there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

PleasantDirge posted:

I don't really think you knock ppl out of wheelchairs for fun

Well not people but a person.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I would knock a neckbeard out of a wheelchair.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Who What Now posted:

I would put a neckbeard in a wheelchair.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Who What Now posted:

That's terrible. :mad:

Who What Now posted:

I would knock a neckbeard out of a wheelchair rascal scooter.

That's hilarious. :haw:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 15:26 on Feb 26, 2016

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's terrible. :mad:

That's hilarious. :haw:

I've said this before, but notice that as he is falling, rather than try and get back in his mobility scooter, or try to regain any dignity he may have possessed, he continues to reach for the sweet sweet sugar water that he craves.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

So which one of you motherfuckers wants to tell me I'm vapeshaming?

burexas.irom has a new favorite as of 15:50 on Feb 26, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

burexas.irom posted:

So which one of you motherfuckers wants to tell me I'm vapeshaming?

I knew spice made Navigators into ugly motherfuckers, but drat!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

I've said this before, but notice that as he is falling, rather than try and get back in his mobility scooter, or try to regain any dignity he may have possessed, he continues to reach for the sweet sweet sugar water that he craves.

I suspect he purposely tipped the thing to get a better reach. As in, this is a maneuver he has done many times.
After his effort's yield that delicious 30 pack of caffeine-free pepsi, he shifts his weight laterally to right himself and his vehicle.

• Locked thread