Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

That computer's coming a long way from not telling people where the last golden ticket is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on...the Savile report

'Amazing isn't it? I wasn't aware of this either.'

"HEALTH (Of the BBC)"

:rolleyes:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

alnilam posted:

That computer's coming a long way from not telling people where the last golden ticket is.

Well that would be cheating after all.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

alnilam posted:

That computer's got a long way to go before it solves the question of entropy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pope Francis, well known for wearing a giant mitre.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Weather vane in the Political Cartoons thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xander77 posted:

People itt would be like "Is that Lex Luthor? Why do we like this guy again?" if everything isn't made explicitly clear.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Xander77 posted:

Jesus Christ, what is it with this thread and the Pope's mitre? :psyduck:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Xander77 posted:

I think the cartoon is intended to communicate to a wide range of people, including normals who don't pay that much attention to Pope hats.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This Pope is so cool, he doesn't even wear this old conservative Pope hat anymore. That's how cool that Pope is and conservatives who draw him wearing the dreaded hat simply don't want to acknowledge that.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Xander77 posted:

The pope is famous for wearing a giant mitre. It's a symbol of the papacy that goes back for more than a millennia, a few years of Francis isn't going to change that. Especially when he still wears it for ceremonial occasions. It is the symbol for the Bishop in chess, it is the on the Vatican's official coat of arms, it has a long long history as a symbol of the church broadly and often bishops or the pope, the Bishop of Rome, specifically. The point of political cartoons is to use symbols that are easily recognizable to everyone. At this point it's like complaining that Republicans are anthropomorphic elephants when actual Republicans are almost all humans, except the pope has been wearing that hat since before there were Republicans. He's been wearing that symbol for centuries before Europe even knew there was a North America. Get over it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually, Jeb Bush switched to contact lenses at the end of his campaign, so glasses is a horrible mistake on the cartoonist's part and he should be banned from drawing political cartoons ever again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, elephants and donkeys can't actually walk on two legs and say political things, you loving hacks.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Furthermore, Malcolm Turnbull doesn't wear a stovepipe hat made of a tin. Does Pope even know what Australian politicians look like?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Paladinus posted:

Furthermore, Malcolm Turnbull doesn't wear a stovepipe hat made of a tin. Does Pope even know what Australian politicians look like?

Maybe the giant mitre is blocking his view.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Who cares what they look like, as long as they are haunted by the ghost of Abbot?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
If a cartoon depicted the Pope in his usual outfit, people might think his zucchetto was a kippah.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, I've never seen David Pope wear a giant mitre.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kopijeger posted:

If a cartoon depicted the Pope in his usual outfit, people might think his zucchetto was a kippah.

Is there any actual difference? (I could be missing :thejoke:, of course. :downs:)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
This thread seriously cannot handle pope hats

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

prefect posted:

Is there any actual difference? (I could be missing :thejoke:, of course. :downs:)

The zucchetto has a little stem-looking thing on top which kippahs usually don't have (although sometimes they have a button-looking thing there) but they're very similar-looking otherwise, yeah

Not terribly much room for artistic deviation in the design of a skullcap

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Trump's head is spinning and he's projectile-vomiting. Papa Frank is in ritual garb to perform the exorcism.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

Trump's head is spinning and he's projectile-vomiting. Papa Frank is in ritual garb to perform the exorcism.

Yer mom's sucking yoooge cocks in hell Frankie.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Of course, that group includes Lester himself, so I don't quite get this cartoon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Of course, that group includes Lester himself, so I don't quite get this cartoon.

Trump's support is deep, but not wide, unless by "wide" we mean "has a lot of fatasses included therein." An excellent illustration, Lester!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Rorus Raz posted:

election out of spite

I don't want to win, I want you to lose

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Time for cartoons, dood!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Suddenly, insulting/alienating America's allies doesn't matter when the candidate is white Republican.

Also, haha, GB is only included there because of that petition about banning him from entering Britain because of the racist things he's said.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

When the pope isn't wearing his hat, everyone should be asking "where is the pope hat?"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Washington DC is represented as an adult black baby, gently caress yoooouuuu

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Geostomp posted:

They don't care about costs, troops, or much of anything else. All they care about is that they can look like they're "tough on crime/terror". Republican voters have been well trained to suppress critical thinking, so they eat this up.

On top of that, if you told them how much it costs to run Guantanamo they would then claim that if we'd just stop treating those drat terrorists like they're on a vacation that would cut costs, these are the same people that read that email forward about how Sheriff Joe Arpaio only feeds his prisoners two meals a day with green bologna and they sleep on cots with no pillows and go "That's how prison SHOULD be run!"

Alternatively, they'll just claim that we should kill 'em all. At any rate, the conservative response to Gitmo being expensive to run is definitely not going to be "Oh, well then it makes sense to shut it down." It's to either deny due process to the accused (because they're evil and don't deserve it) or treat them like poo poo.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Political Cartoons 2016: Neckbearded Pope-Hats with Skooma Addictions

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Cpt.Americant posted:

The pope is famous for wearing a giant mitre. It's a symbol of the papacy that goes back for more than a millennia, a few years of Francis isn't going to change that. Especially when he still wears it for ceremonial occasions. It is the symbol for the Bishop in chess, it is the on the Vatican's official coat of arms, it has a long long history as a symbol of the church broadly and often bishops or the pope, the Bishop of Rome, specifically. The point of political cartoons is to use symbols that are easily recognizable to everyone. At this point it's like complaining that Republicans are anthropomorphic elephants when actual Republicans are almost all humans, except the pope has been wearing that hat since before there were Republicans. He's been wearing that symbol for centuries before Europe even knew there was a North America. Get over it.

colonel_korn posted:

2 Pope Francis, well known for wearing a giant mitre
It's just one of the things I wish this thread would stop doing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This is really transphobic and all but I saw those pants, thought of this, and can't stop giggling

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shugojin posted:

This is really transphobic and all but I saw those pants, thought of this, and can't stop giggling

I'm glad someone else had the exact same reaction I did.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I could have sworn this was a repost, but it has today's date in the second panel so I guess it's actually current. Must just be deja vu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm glad someone else had the exact same reaction I did.

I feel like you have to be pretty familiar with the flashing game to know about half pants

• Locked thread