Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Hegay posted:

Unironically this. Instead we get some Arab oil Prince who oversaw the murder of footballers in his nation

I'm unironic about it as well. Sepp tried to run a multicultural FIFA but as it turns out some cultures are inherently corrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/fifamedia/status/703235340409180160

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Hegay posted:

Assign voting weigh based on the fifa country coefficient. The best football nations should have more to say and might make friendlies marginally more interesting

I'm not sure about making loving Belgium the most powerful country in FIFA

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Hegay posted:

Assign voting weigh based on the fifa country coefficient. The best football nations should have more to say and might make friendlies marginally more interesting

Men's or women's?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Watch Infantino win and then turn out to be FIFA's Walter White.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hegay posted:

1 base vote for every country plus 1 vote for every World Cup your country has played in plus 1 vote for every World Cup your country has won.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

vyelkin posted:

1 base vote for every country plus 1 vote for every World Cup your country has played in plus 1 vote for every World Cup your country has won.

1 base vote for every country that has qualified for a World Cup. 1 additional vote for 3rd place, 2 votes for 2nd and 3 for 1st. The rest can gently caress off. I'd prefer actual footballing nations running things.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mackintosh posted:

1 base vote for every country that has qualified for a World Cup. 1 additional vote for 3rd place, 2 votes for 2nd and 3 for 1st. The rest can gently caress off. I'd prefer actual footballing nations running things.

I don't think it's fair for the tiny countries to be completely disenfranchised which is why everybody gets one vote, but I do think it's fair to give Brazil 26 times more votes than Micronesia.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

That means they'll only have to pay off the corrupt countries that are also good at football.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Dear god please don't hand over control of football to the middle east

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ayb posted:

Dear god please don't hand over control of football to the middle east

You're about 10 years too late for this, chief.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It's gonna be that petro-islam sponsored guy winning, isnt it

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hegay posted:

It's gonna be that petro-islam sponsored guy winning, isnt it

insh'allah UEFA decides now is the time to break away

the UEFA that helped give the world cup to Qatar will definitely break away

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Messyass posted:

That means they'll only have to pay off the countries that are good at football.

Some of them even have functional economies. Sounds like quite a bill.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

All hail Gianni...our Swiss bureaucrat to save us from Swiss bureaucrats!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
One vote for countries called England, no votes for anyone else. Its the only way to end corruption. Who's ever heard of the famous Swiss sense of fair play?

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
But the real question emerge.. Who will handle the balls

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
one vote for each country whose name begins with the following letters: S, E, P, B, L, A, T, R

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
what a great change for football!!!!!

FIFA are back baby

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Thank gently caress.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
UEFA supremacy

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Another goddam Swiss, have these people learned nothing?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Its a good thing they chose an European as FIFA president because now there won't be any corruption.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
What a great day for football, and therefore the world

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
at least its not the person who had peopled tortured and felt put out he'd actually have to watch the world cup if he was president

FIFPro aren't happy

quote:

FIFPro takes a dim view of today’s FIFA election that leaves the new President, Gianni Infantino, entrenched in a governance structure and culture that is open to corrupt practices.

Despite a package of reforms approved today by FIFA, FIFPro fears placing increased power in the hands of FIFA’s 209 member associations lies at the heart of the problem. These organisations are not representative of the game and, yet, wield enormous influence over issues that affect key stakeholders such as the players, fans, clubs and leagues. The newly-adopted reforms failed to address the fundamental issue of making football authorities accountable to the game's most important actors.

FIFA’s system of governance has been based on favour swapping and financial inducements, not to mention obstructing external oversight from governments and the game’s key stakeholders. The players, much like the clubs, leagues and fans, were ignored in the latest ]eform effort and today’s governance review will not suffice to address FIFA’s inherent governance shortcomings.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Looking forward to a 40 team World Cup.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

at least its not the person who had peopled tortured and felt put out he'd actually have to watch the world cup if he was president

FIFPro aren't happy

:lol: loving fifpro!

The expensive lawyers who work for the elite players are having a moan about being "representative."

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Infantino is pretty involved with Marinakis and the Greek match fixing scandal, but at least he's from Europe so he's ok in my book.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Gigi Galli posted:

UEFA supremacy

Uefa... FTW

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

atomic gog posted:

Uefa... FTW

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

jyrka posted:

I agree. FIFA should be ran as an efficient Western organisation. The Caribbean, Africa and Asia need to take the back-seat(if a seat at all.)

you shouldn't get a vote in where the world cup is held if you haven't qualified for the world cup in the last 20 years

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

atomic gog posted:

Uefa... FTW

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
UEFA is like "you come at the king you best not miss"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cut off one head, and two more will take its place, hail UEFA

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Great win, proud to be a fan of UEFA today.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

NTRabbit posted:

Cut off one head, and two more will take its place, hail UEFA

its blatters all the way down!!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

jyrka posted:

I'm unironic about it as well. Sepp tried to run a multicultural FIFA but as it turns out all cultures are inherently corrupt.

The only difference between any of them is whether they had enough of their own corrupt income streams to ignore Blatter or not.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Looks like the new guy is going to start off busy because the Swiss have opened investigations into roughly the last thirty years of FIFA-related ticket wheeling and dealing.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Fifa put through their reforms as otherwise the DoJ were going to declare them a criminal organisation otherwise, oh man:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/article1672859.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2016_02_27

My job involves the DoJ sometimes and they seriously don't gently caress around, they will genuinely destroy the FIFA organisation if they fully commit to this prosecution.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Fifa put through their reforms as otherwise the DoJ were going to declare them a criminal organisation otherwise, oh man:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/article1672859.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2016_02_27

My job involves the DoJ sometimes and they seriously don't gently caress around, they will genuinely destroy the FIFA organisation if they fully commit to this prosecution.

Truly scary stuff. I wonder if they're now able to regain their independence.