Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hold the phone. Did we ever get game news about Zygarde's forms? like, did a model ever show up or was it all just anime art and screens? I'm trying to remember but all I can recall is that it was announced alongside Ash Greninja, so now i'm thinking that it was never even intended to be used in the games since the whole percentage thing wouldn't translate well. Z is Anime Exclusive?

No it was also in the game Pokémon Tretta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

mabels big day posted:

Does anyone want to come to my house and battle with our teams of MissingNo grinded level 100 Tauros/Alakazam/Starmie/Snorlax/Gengar/Golems? No one? :smith:

Golem and not Rhydon?

:smugbert: Come back when you get good, scrublord.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So when are they going to release G/S/C so I can transfer a pastiche of the only pokemon I ever got to 100, feraligatr

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Does anyone want to come to my house and battle with our teams of MissingNo grinded level 100 Tauros/Alakazam/Starmie/Snorlax/Gengar/Golems? No one? :smith:

Sure! My Tauros/Alakazam/Starmie/Chansey/Exeggutor/Rhydon death squad will take you on :p

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

breaking news: it seems a Dux transferred from red/blue will be holding farfetchite

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

oddium posted:

breaking news: it seems a Dux transferred from red/blue will be holding farfetchite

The only mega to be even more useless and delicious.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am super excited for this game

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Do you guys think this might coincide with a change to the EV system?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dabir posted:

Softboiled!

On Mew!

Classtoise posted:

With Knock Off being good, Softboiled on Mew again...goddamn, Mew is going to make a hell of a return.

Softboiled on Mew was never gone, you can tutor it in FRLG and Emerald and then transfer it up. It's been a legal move for all six gens.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
^^^ oh then it must just be Synchronize being trash compared to Serene Grace :shobon:

oddium posted:

All I want in gen 7 is a legitimate Farfetch'd evolution named Reduckul'us.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oddium posted:

I think you mean DUX

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

megafetch'd is steel/flying, and he's got a kabuto helm + those samurai armor plates + a leek styled like a katana. nothing about ability or stat boosts at the moment

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ib4 the "the new Pokemon look too much like Digimon!" complaints start again.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

hopeandjoy posted:

ib4 the "the new Pokemon look too much like Digimon!" complaints start again.

That's only true for gen 3

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Digimon is cooler than gen 3 actually

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

HoneyBoy posted:

That's only true for gen 3

And Gen 5 and Gen 6 and...

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Kelp Plankton posted:

More likely Z was in the works at some point and basically just ended up being canceled in favor of Sun/Moon getting pushed up to coincide with the 20th year

I have a feeling it came down to either do Z and rush out SM, or scrap Z and focus dev time fully on SM. If that's the case, they definitely made the right choice.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Pokemon and Digimon look almost nothing alike and the only people who genuinely believe so are just looking for ways to poo poo on newfangled pocketmans

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Raserys posted:

Pokemon and Digimon look almost nothing alike and the only people who genuinely believe so are just looking for ways to poo poo on newfangled pocketmans

I honestly kind of thing some of the original Gen IV designs, like Infernape and the box legends, felt a little Digimon-ey. But that was the only generation that gave off that vibe.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this son of a gun for sure fell out of the digimon stork's sack and was raised by loving pokemon parents

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That's a gargoyle? A cool looking one, too.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

oddium posted:

this son of a gun for sure fell out of the digimon stork's sack and was raised by loving pokemon parents

I kind of like Druddigon. The bright red face isn't unusual because a lot of reptiles have brightly colored faces for mating or dominance or whatever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"where's my boy. where's my beautiful red-faced son"
_________/

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so i've been stuck in a meeting and can't watch videos, are we getting Gen 7 or what

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Here's its mom:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

so i've been stuck in a meeting and can't watch videos, are we getting Gen 7 or what

Yes. And you can transfer mons from Gen 1 to it through Bank. Not to Gen 6 though.

the Pokemon website posted:

Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

Looks like no trading compatibility between XYORAS and S&M too.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I like Druddigon; he looks like a dino-cut crinkle fry was wished to life by a child. Given that there is lego-digimon I guess that doesn't quite absolve him of that affiliation though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm going to use the Mew glitch in the Virtual Console games and transfer them to gen 7 and give them all away via Wonder Trade on Christmas.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Yes. And you can transfer mons from Gen 1 to it through Bank. Not to Gen 6 though.

oh that's cool, sad that we never got z tho but oh well

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Interesting that there would be a compatibility gap there considering that there aren't any major huge overhauls to Pokemon stats like there was from Gen II to III. Oh well, as long as S&M works with the bank who cares

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there might be an overhaul who knows

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

there might be an overhaul who knows

That's a good point.

I know these are virtual bits and bytes and not real things but I will be legit sad if the monsters who have followed me from all the way back from Gen III have to be left behind. :(

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I know. But, it's a secret.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Earthquake and Fissure were all TM's in Gen 1, so there's probably a lot

Look out the worlds cheapest Poilwrath with Mind Reader and Fissure is now reborned in Sun and Moon.

Alabaster White posted:

They'll probably just Time Machine it and go "hey these moves are illegal in Gen 3 onwards, you gotta remove them" when you try to transfer stuff to Gen 7.

if they let me keep and use my DynamicPunching Swampert then gen 1 on tms moves are most likely going to be free game.

Classtoise posted:

With Knock Off being good, Softboiled on Mew again...goddamn, Mew is going to make a hell of a return.

Sad that Softboiled Clefable was a gen 1 remake thing.

Saoshyant posted:

That's a gargoyle? A cool looking one, too.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

You can't directly trade between any generation except 1 and 2. S&M are compatible with Bank and they said you can bring your folks from XYORAS through it, so your Gen 3 Pokemon should be fine.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Oh lord Poliwrath is going to get that Mind Reader bullshit too? Gen 7 metagaming is going to be christened the Rise of Skarmory.

hopeandjoy posted:

You can't directly trade between any generation except 1 and 2. S&M are compatible with Bank and they said you can bring your folks from XYORAS through it, so your Gen 3 Pokemon should be fine.

Yeah, I meant transfer not trade. If they clarified that then that's good. There's some Pokemon from my old Ruby that have outlasted my childhood dog who was adopted around the same time they came out.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
About the new red and blue. Are they remakes, or the same game? Like is jigglypuff gonna be fairy type?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RC Cola posted:

About the new red and blue. Are they remakes, or the same game? Like is jigglypuff gonna be fairy type?

They're literally the GB games playable on your 3DS. Glitches and Gen 1 bizzareness in full effect.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

RC Cola posted:

The same games, with minor tweaks. (purple Jynx, surfing Pikachu minigame unlocked, printing disabled.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

That's a good point.

I know these are virtual bits and bytes and not real things but I will be legit sad if the monsters who have followed me from all the way back from Gen III have to be left behind. :(

if they are going to convert things from gen1 they will probably work out a way to convert anything from the bank if necessary.

• Locked thread