Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
SUGOI

not as good but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

OVERKILL_Almir posted:

PSA: Modding, cheating, etc.
Here's the rule: use common sense. Are you screwing up the game for others? Don't do it. Are you blatantly cheating to gain things in an instant that otherwise would take a lot of time? Don't do it. Are you having fun with your mates, they're having fun with you and everyone's in on it? Go ahead. Enjoy yourself. It's a video game after all.

We're developing the game the way we want it to be played. The point of modding is for players to be able to play the game the way they want it to be played. PAYDAY 2 is so far ahead into it's life cycle that a 'common sense' should be prevalent within the modding community.

If you're looking for a 40-page paper on specifically what files to mod and which ones to not or maybe a list of rules and regulations, I will have to let you down.

If it has to come to us having to set aside development time to write a 'mod bible' and start policing the community instead of making another free update like a heist, character or other feature, we then have a serious problem. I hope we don't have a serious problem. If we do, we will do what is necessary to adress it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I will probably die laughing if the mod in question they have a problem with turns out to be Hoxhud.

But clearly Jimmy is SUPERHOT.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

I will probably die laughing if the mod in question they have a problem with turns out to be Hoxhud.

But clearly Jimmy is SUPERHOT.

I believe it's in response to some lastbullet people trying to start poo poo in the steam forums.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

One of the main custom heist modders is interested in Death Vox.

...gently caress. :stonk:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Drewjitsu posted:

"Fixed an issue where players could avoid bleed out after Swansong by getting tased"

So much for that little swan song bonus. Tazers aren't your friends anymore. :cry:

Chaining swan song indefinitely was my favourite bug gameplay feature.

It was my guiding light during the trying times of being downed by goon explosives and idiot pubbie negligence. The best times of using HE rounds was going full rambo for minutes at a time. :(

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let me tell you about a thing I learned last night, forever lost to this patch:

If you (used to) run Swan Song and Shockproof, you can basically maintain Swan Song indefinitely. I think I was Swan Songed for at least 3 or 4 minutes straight last night. I assume that's no longer possible. Unless getting tazed still triggers the SS reset. In which case...

You were told about this months ago, it was brought up in the last thread! It was something to savour while it lasted. :smith:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

Thanks dudes, i'll try both akimbo and kilmer. I already aced swan song though, it is amazing. edit: can you run doctors bag as well, or does it need to be first aids kits?

Fugimind with doc bags is a little clunky, because you really want to get to sneaky bastard (unless you're doing a grinder build). I've never been really impressed with akimbo pistols - they are the equivalant of a really lovely rifle that you can't ADS with. :colbert:

Fugimind-Grinder with doc bags:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhjEFGcDa:ekHIjEFgDa:ghECda:fKEFGCda:ibcdea:pN8:::

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

UnknownMercenary posted:

So, if anyone was still curious, no the COP is never going back on sale. Good luck trading on secondary marketplaces!

Nah it isn't that hard to trade.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Holy poo poo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh so the actual realization of Death Vox is the straw that's going to break OVERKILL's acceptance of mods.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Oh so the actual realization of Death Vox is the straw that's going to break OVERKILL's acceptance of mods.

It certainly qualifies as "screwing up the game for others"!

Folks have figured out guns we are getting in upcoming DLC.
The SR-2 Veresk SMG

SR (СР - "Специальная разработка") stands for "Special Development" and Veresk (Вереск) is translated as "Heather plant".
This SMG was consctructed in late 90s and now is commonly used by russian special forces, such as OMON and FSO.
Real life stats: 900 rpm, 20 or 30 rnds mag, 9x21mm caliber.

What a beauty.

And the PL-14 Pistol (pist_pl14):

PL (ПЛ - Пистолет Лебедева) stands for Lebedev's Pistol.
A very modern sidearm, its development begun in 2014 and it was revealed to public in June, 2015.
Real life stats: 15 rnds mag, 9x19mm caliber.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

Fugimind with doc bags is a little clunky, because you really want to get to sneaky bastard (unless you're doing a grinder build). I've never been really impressed with akimbo pistols - they are the equivalant of a really lovely rifle that you can't ADS with. :colbert:

Fugimind-Grinder with doc bags:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhjEFGcDa:ekHIjEFgDa:ghECda:fKEFGCda:ibcdea:pN8:::

Drop the shotgun skills for more fugitive, run with a GL40 and a Beagle.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

The SR-2 Veresk SMG

SR (СР - "Специальная разработка") stands for "Special Development" and Veresk (Вереск) is translated as "Heather plant".
This SMG was consctructed in late 90s and now is commonly used by russian special forces, such as OMON and FSO.

What a beauty.

And the PL-14 Pistol (pist_pl14):

PL (ПЛ - Пистолет Лебедева) stands for Lebedev's Pistol.
A very modern sidearm, its development begun in 2014 and it was revealed to public in June, 2015.
Real life stats: 15 rnds mag, 9x19mm caliber.

I wonder if they're going for a Sokol pack with those obviously Russian weapons.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I hope the Butcher is involved and introduces Sydney or whoever Jimmy is like a yearly Dragan.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

One of the main custom heist modders is interested in Death Vox.

YES.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

The SR-2 Veresk SMG

Good God, that thing is a cross between an Uzi, TMP, MP7, MP5, Mac10 and a I Don't Know what on the muzzle.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

oohhboy posted:

Good God, that thing is a cross between an Uzi, TMP, MP7, MP5, Mac10 and a I Don't Know what on the muzzle.

I believe that's a shoe.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

THE CHORSE posted:

I believe that's a shoe.

Finally, melee primaries and secondaries!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The SMG almost looks like it can be fired forward or backward.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Discendo Vox posted:

A mistake you are unlikely to repeat.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Discendo Vox posted:

Da is okay russia gun, but ver is Bizon? Groza?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I need this stupid beautiful ugly gun in every game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
no g11, 0/11

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Keep your decadent capitalist German shoebox guns out of my Ruskie weapon packs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Once again the Ultimate Warrior pattern pays dividends:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fellis posted:

Da is okay russia gun, but ver is Bizon? Groza?
What's a-

:psyduck: I think I need to go lie down

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Discendo Vox posted:

What's a-

It honestly looks like a gun that shoots handles instead of bullets. Is that a thing?....

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Discendo Vox posted:

What's a-

Looks exactly like what the Payday gang needs to me!

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Metalocalypse to the Payday thread, tissues are on standby. I repeat, tissues on standby.

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006

Sykic posted:

Metalocalypse to the Payday thread, tissues are on standby. I repeat, tissues on standby.

Underslung grenade launchers are going to happen, one day. Stop laughing! You'll see, you'll all see! :smith:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I just want 40mm shotgun rounds. Mega Mosconi, if you will.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Concordat posted:

I just want 40mm shotgun rounds. Mega Mosconi, if you will.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

I never knew I needed this until now. :allears:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

I think that's the opposite of what he asked for. still awesome.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
What if there was a gun, that fired smaller guns, whose bullets split into thousands of jagged pellets?

Or a Whip melee that can get several cops in one good snap? a 4 hit combo unlocks the Devo mask.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Crabtree posted:

What if there was a gun, that fired smaller guns, whose bullets split into thousands of jagged pellets?

that's a grenade launcher

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Out of boredom, I touched the pub stove and joined a DW loud alesso heist. The host apparently uses DW+, a mod that 'simulates OVERKILL 145 difficulty' on Payday 2. It basically meant longer assaults, more cops, and Winters respawns. I'm the only guy with doc bags, so of course we run out and wipe and the host leaves before I even get to see my stats (I think his steam name was Zion or something like that). He also autokicked anyone with less than 600 hours of playtime. Mod was kind of lame, although it did give some of the gensec slite shotguns, which was a nice touch. Oh and the mod hates the RPG, because I could not kill anything with it, not even normal cops, certainly not dozers.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

Oh and the mod hates the RPG, because I could not kill anything with it, not even normal cops, certainly not dozers.

That sound you hear is Vox madly scribbling in his diary.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

that's a grenade launcher

That's nearly not as tacticool and complicated as I'd want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mendrian posted:

That sound you hear is Vox madly scribbling in his diary.

That's dumb- the RPG should be great at killing everything that's not Winters, a Dozer or a Turret.