Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Trastion posted:

I am liking most of this game but right now I have 2 quests that want Planks and I cannot find enough Driftwood on the islands I have open. I assume that it respawns again at some point but it must be once a day or something.

I cannot really progress until I can finish at least one of these quests as the building brother guys are tied up waiting on me to provide planks.

I believe the ground items, fish, and fruit trees repsawn every 6 hours. I remember planks tend to be of short supply for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Colonial Conquest is a remake of an old 1980s game of the same name that's out now that might also interest any of you looking for a grand strategy game.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mrkillboy posted:

Colonial Conquest is a remake of an old 1980s game of the same name that's out now that might also interest any of you looking for a grand strategy game.

Is this less complicated than crusader kings?

shinymodem
May 21, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Indie dev Radiangames has put all his games on sale for 99 cents. Most of them are pretty fun, with Super Crossfighter being my top pick.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been playing it for hours, any others you'd recommend while they're cheap?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

shinymodem posted:

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been playing it for hours, any others you'd recommend while they're cheap?

I think his twin stick shooters (JoyJoy, Ballistic and Fireball) are pretty decent, and they did a good job of scratching that Geometry Wars itch before GW3 hit the Play Store.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

orange sky posted:

A mobile game manual with 60 pages. drat.

It was originally a PC game. I bought it during a GOG sale a few months ago, for a dollar or two.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Not sure if this was mentioned and I missed it, but calculords became free at some point. I remember people had some good words for it early on in the thread, but it had been a purchased game at that time.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

That Futurama match-3 game is out of soft launch and should be available for everyone now.

I've been playing it for the past day. I didn't know anything about it, and I'm mildly impressed that it isn't a lazy cash-in. The gameplay is pretty fun, if rather standard (so far). The app is also an entire little Futurama world unto itself, which for a long-time fan of the show like me is really fun to explore and experience. There are a ton of references and little touches that have made me smile, like how the "watch an ad for some free stuff" feature is a carnival-style roulette wheel that's run by the Robot Devil. Or the in-game "Twitcher" feed featuring Leela (with "me as a kid" avatar) tweeting fun facts about animals.

Like I said above though, I'm just mildly impressed. This is because overall, this is a clone of games like Candy Crush and Two Dots, with the same bottomless IAP-chutes for extra energy and power-ups, and I'm not as tolerant of games doing stuff like that as I used to be. The other negative thing, while more minor, is that some of the character dialogue seems oddly-chosen. I understand this might be because the developers are German, but it's still kind of jarring at times.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've been playing it for the past day. I didn't know anything about it, and I'm mildly impressed that it isn't a lazy cash-in. The gameplay is pretty fun, if rather standard (so far). The app is also an entire little Futurama world unto itself, which for a long-time fan of the show like me is really fun to explore and experience. There are a ton of references and little touches that have made me smile, like how the "watch an ad for some free stuff" feature is a carnival-style roulette wheel that's run by the Robot Devil. Or the in-game "Twitcher" feed featuring Leela (with "me as a kid" avatar) tweeting fun facts about animals.

Like I said above though, I'm just mildly impressed. This is because overall, this is a clone of games like Candy Crush and Two Dots, with the same bottomless IAP-chutes for extra energy and power-ups, and I'm not as tolerant of games doing stuff like that as I used to be. The other negative thing, while more minor, is that some of the character dialogue seems oddly-chosen. I understand this might be because the developers are German, but it's still kind of jarring at times.

Have you hit the IAP wall yet? I installed it but haven't had a chance to play it. Honestly I have been itching for a Candy Crush-type game recently so if the IAP wall is not offensive, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Have you hit the IAP wall yet? I installed it but haven't had a chance to play it. Honestly I have been itching for a Candy Crush-type game recently so if the IAP wall is not offensive, I'm willing to give it a shot.

I don't think so. I'm on level 68 and the difficulty certainly does ramp up, but it hasn't seemed to do so in an uneven or jarring way. On the other hand I can't say I have an understanding of the mechanics to the point where I could confidently say that level layout X or turn limit Y necessarily mean that success is almost predicated on IAP, so I may not be the best person to ask. On the other other hand, do you like Futurama? If so give it a try, it's pretty cute and the main story is almost an episode of the show unto itself.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 27, 2016

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any good monster/hero raising games that have come out recently? Burnt out on Brave Frontier and was looking for a new one to play. I've played most of the ones that have been out for awhile like Puzzle and Dragons.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Are there any good monster/hero raising games that have come out recently? Burnt out on Brave Frontier and was looking for a new one to play. I've played most of the ones that have been out for awhile like Puzzle and Dragons.

I'm having a good time with both Marvel Future Fight and SW: Galaxy of Heroes.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Summoners War is still probably one of the best if you haven't tried it before.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo is there any games like Recettear for the android? I'm kind of super interested in it since I've gotten bored with Soda Dungeon and Adventure Bar Story. I'm cool with paying for no IAP, or for the F2P not needing a super duper grind.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Merchant is okay, but it's more menu based.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I've been really enjoying Merchant. I mean it's not amazing, but it's kept me interested for over a month.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Shop Heroes is very similar to Racettear, but it kindof falls into the F2P incredibly grindy category.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is clash royale any good?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just in time to get your Dark Souls III pre-order in, Bandai Namco and uh, GameStop have released Slashy Souls, a retro endless runner inspired by the Dark Souls games. It seems to be available in the US only at the moment, probably because of all the GameStop co-branding.

edit: it's like Punch Quest but bad.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 28, 2016

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Gordong Dongbay posted:

To echo DemonMage, I've played all of these and Summoners War is the only one worth sinking time into.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Did a goon union ever get set up in Downtown Showdown?

In as lonegoat, 711-612-1437

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

mrkillboy posted:

Just in time to get your Dark Souls III pre-order in, Bandai Namco and uh, GameStop have released Slashy Souls, a retro endless runner inspired by the Dark Souls games. It seems to be available in the US only at the moment, probably because of all the GameStop co-branding.

edit: it's like Punch Quest but bad.

Am I bad at this or is it just one big "dark souls is hard lol you die a lot" joke

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Ever since I switched phones a year or so ago Summoners War has just straight up refused to work on any of my devices. Before it was just constant connection errors, but after I reinstalled it just now it keeps telling me that my installation is corrupted and to reinstall from the play store. Happens on both my Z3 and Shield tablet.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

I'm digging it way more than I thought I would. The games are short so even if you're getting your poo poo pushed in, it doesn't last long. I haven't spent any money yet, but I've still got pretty good cards and win about as much as I lose. I have a feeling it will eventually get old, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Lone Goat posted:

Did a goon union ever get set up in Downtown Showdown?

In as lonegoat, 711-612-1437

No, not yet, there are only three or four of us and it's not really clear if there's a serious benefit to being in a union. I'll add you, anyway.

The winter event ends tomorrow.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Zotix posted:

I'm very into it, daily caps and timers make it a microtransaction trap hell, though. I spent $2 on gems yesterday. It lets you watch the top 20 players in the world play each other and stuff, so that's cool. I don't think it's possible to get anywhere near the top rank without spending hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on it, which is dumb.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I like Clash Royale as well. There's a goon clan called Salty Goons, so you can search for it if you download the game. You can't really grind in the game, and at first it seemed overly restrictive that you could only have 4 loot chests at the same time at most, and each takes at least 3 hours to open, but now I just play like 5-10 matches a day. So it's not really something you can play an hour a day as you commute or something like that, but rather something you spend some time with now and again. I haven't felt the need to spend any money at all so far, and even if you did, all that would happen is you'd win more for a while, but then you'd end up with around a 50% winrate anyway.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
got to 800+ trophies, patched it, lost my progress...was signed into google play and everything..

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I just got my hands on newly released Space Grunts and have been loving it so far.

It's a roguelike where most of the strategy comes from how you tackle rooms with your three main guns - a short ranged gun, a frag-like missile launcher, and a piercing lightning gun, with the potential to grab crowbars along the way for some melee action. The videos make it seem fast and it can move fast, but it's turn based, with a handy UI that tells you what your guns are going to hit and a good simple interface. Three main characters with slightly differing styles of play, though the core gameplay is so far the same.

I bought it yesterday for RM10 which I think is about 3 or 4 US$, and I've already pumped a couple hours into it. I haven't made it past floor five though, the game gets brutal quick. It's tempting to also fly through the levels but then it's easy to get punished. I like it a lot.

Don't think there's a multiplayer component but there is a daily dungeon run component, which killed me at floor 4. It felt a lot harder than a normal dungeon run.

Anyone who is hankering for a fast paced roguelike should definitely check it out and see if it appeals to you.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Sjonkel posted:

You can't really grind in the game, and at first it seemed overly restrictive that you could only have 4 loot chests at the same time at most, and each takes at least 3 hours to open, but now I just play like 5-10 matches a day. So it's not really something you can play an hour a day as you commute or something like that, but rather something you spend some time with now and again.

You can keep playing as much as you want. You just can't get your next chest until you have another open spot in your "inventory". This is only advantageous insofar as one genuinely enjoys the gameplay, however :v:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Artelier posted:

I just got my hands on newly released Space Grunts and have been loving it so far.

Is there any persistence between runs, or is it your roguelike style of wiping out 100% of progress between runs?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Morpheus posted:

Is there any persistence between runs, or is it your roguelike style of wiping out 100% of progress between runs?

This makes me realize how much I'd love Darkest Dungeon on mobile :allears:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I've seen some rumors swirling that Caves of Cud, the UBER hardcore roguelike from the makers of Sproggiwood, might be jumping to Android sometime soon...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I've seen some rumors swirling that Caves of Cud, the UBER hardcore roguelike from the makers of Sproggiwood, might be jumping to Android sometime soon...

Namely, the Caves of Qud thread, but it's iOS first.

Also, to answer my own 'request' about Darkest Dungeon...

https://www.gamecupid.com/games/darkest-dungeon/similar_by_platform/android

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

By swirling rumors do you perhaps mean direct statements by a dev on these very forums?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
...I just wanted to feel special because the dev is a family friend and he's on my Facebook and posts pictures... gently caress me, I guess...

:negative:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Morpheus posted:

No persistence as far as I can tell. 100% wipe.

Yeah, Darkest Dungeon (or something in a similar vein) would be a great phone roguelike.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Artelier posted:

It's a roguelike where most of the strategy comes from how you tackle rooms with your three main guns - a short ranged gun, a frag-like missile launcher, and a piercing lightning gun, with the potential to grab crowbars along the way for some melee action. The videos make it seem fast and it can move fast, but it's turn based, with a handy UI that tells you what your guns are going to hit and a good simple interface. Three main characters with slightly differing styles of play, though the core gameplay is so far the same.

I bought it yesterday for RM10 which I think is about 3 or 4 US$, and I've already pumped a couple hours into it. I haven't made it past floor five though, the game gets brutal quick. It's tempting to also fly through the levels but then it's easy to get punished. I like it a lot.

Don't think there's a multiplayer component but there is a daily dungeon run component, which killed me at floor 4. It felt a lot harder than a normal dungeon run.

Anyone who is hankering for a fast paced roguelike should definitely check it out and see if it appeals to you.

That looks awesome. Does it have gamepad support? I have a few other Orange Pixel games and they do.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's an amazingly bad suggestion engine. A Steven Universe game is like Darkest Dungeon? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

nexus6 posted:

That looks awesome. Does it have gamepad support? I have a few other Orange Pixel games and they do.

Looks like it from the forums? Maybe? I didn't look too hard into it because I don't have one for my Android.

http://www.orangepixel.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=12