Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

You know how in some games there's an achievement for loving up when a reasonable human being couldn't possibly gently caress up? There's one in Ys Origins involving Hugo with one of the later bosses

Guess who's got two thumbs and got that achievement without trying to or knowing it existed

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ciaphas posted:

You know how in some games there's an achievement for loving up when a reasonable human being couldn't possibly gently caress up? There's one in Ys Origins involving Hugo with one of the later bosses

Guess who's got two thumbs and got that achievement without trying to or knowing it existed

:(

it's okay, that's what hugo would have done

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

can someone recommend a fighting game for the type of person who doesn't like how a typical fighting game plays

basically i want to play something like chivalry or dark souls: preferably short combos, 3d movement, interesting attacks, customizable character, etc.

afaik the only games that do this are mmorpgs and the only game that has done this well is anarchy reigns but i can't play it for a multitude of reasons

i just came out of blade & soul which was fun until i realized what a loving mess that game is, but i still want to play a game where you hit guys with fists or swords

edit: maybe i should just install gw2 again :barf:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Minorkos posted:

can someone recommend a fighting game for the type of person who doesn't like how a typical fighting game plays

basically i want to play something like chivalry or dark souls: preferably short combos, 3d movement, interesting attacks, customizable character, etc.

afaik the only games that do this are mmorpgs and the only game that has done this well is anarchy reigns but i can't play it for a multitude of reasons

i just came out of blade & soul which was fun until i realized what a loving mess that game is, but i still want to play a game where you hit guys with fists or swords

I'm not sure you're really talking about fighting games here, but it sounds like you would dig Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Minorkos posted:

Uh, Dragon's Dogma? Yeah I don't really know what you mean by "fighting games".

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

it's okay, that's what hugo would have done

and then, ciaphas was the weiners

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Minorkos posted:

Super Smash B-

Minorkos posted:

Uh, okay nevermind then. You did say "fighting game," right? :confused:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Uh, Dragon's Dogma? Yeah I don't really know what you mean by "fighting games".

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm not sure you're really talking about fighting games here, but it sounds like you would dig Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

i suppose the correct word is like "arena brawler" or something. a game where you fight other players(!) with 3d movement. it has to be multiplayer

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Minorkos posted:

i suppose the correct word is like "arena brawler" or something. a game where you fight other players(!) with 3d movement. it has to be multiplayer

Uh, Gang Beasts? That only has local multiplayer though.

Keep an eye out for For Honor, I think that's out soon.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 26, 2016

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Minorkos posted:

Isn't SMITE something like this? Its free to play so maybe try or dont.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

oh yeah For Honor looks cool but it's coming out later instead of right now at this very instant and it's also a ubisoft title so it will probably be a broken piece of garbage

anyway i've decided that all video games are awful and i will instead strive to become an artist or a language expert or something

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Only games that come to mind that might fit that description are the Naruto games...maybe DBZ: Xenoverse too since that has some more of the character customization stuff.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Minorkos posted:

oh yeah For Honor looks cool but it's coming out later instead of right now at this very instant and it's also a ubisoft title so it will probably be a broken piece of garbage

anyway i've decided that all video games are awful and i will instead strive to become an artist or a language expert or something

Actually you could check out Blade Symphony, that was a pretty fun game when I tried it, I have no idea if anyone is actually playing it though, I kinda assume not.

Edit: There's a similar game called Kingdoms Rise that I also assume no one is playing

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 26, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm pretty sure the game you're looking for is Psychic Force 2012

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Minorkos posted:

If you want to see the true face of autism, you could always get big into Jedi Knight multiplayer.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Mordja posted:

If you want to see the true face of autism, you could always get big into Jedi Knight multiplayer.

"yo quit laming bro"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minorkos posted:

There's a lot of these in Japanese arcades for every brand under the sun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new Final Fantasy Dissidia is like that, Pokken Tournament, the new JoJo's game, DBZ Xenoverse, there's like one billion Gundam games like that but they're JP only.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Minorkos posted:

Black Desert is releasing next week and might be close. In a week or so people should start posting trial codes in the mmohmo thread.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

FebrezeNinja posted:

Black Desert is releasing next week and might be close. In a week or so people should start posting trial codes in the mmohmo thread.

i just came out of one broken f2p mmo experience and you're trying to send me into another one. except this one actually costs money to play. shame on you.

besides i'm not touching black desert online until they release the blader class

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Pokemon Sun and Moon got announced today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CF_m4cPs2g

I haven't been able to get into a Pokemon game since Yellow, but that trailer does do a good job of making me nostalgic for being 7 years old playing Pokemon at my grandma's house.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

PantsBandit posted:

I haven't been able to get into a Pokemon game since Yellow, but that trailer does do a good job of making me nostalgic for being 7 years old playing Pokemon at my grandma's house.

Yeah I saw a leak about Sun/Moon the other day but didn't think it was real but well shame on me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Minorkos posted:

This post reminded me eventually of playing Virtual ON in my university arcade, that would fit your bill completely but I have no idea if that series even exists anymore

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Taint Reaper posted:

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ys-viii-details-dana-dual-protagonistshttp://gematsu.com/2016/02/ys-viii-details-dana-dual-protagonists

Ys8 features nothing but attractive women looking dissapointed with you.

It's also allowing for a playable female protagonist

gently caress, welcome to everyday of my life. Game will still own though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PantsBandit posted:

I've got a Poke-problem. I'll pick up a game every generation, put tens of hours into it and then just stop. It's not that I get bored of them, exactly, I just put them down after a while and never come back to it. Obvious exception being Pokémon Blue, which was literally the only game I had for GBC as a kid and that I must have beat at least four times.

Maybe this time will be different... :negative:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mordja posted:

I've got a Poke-problem. I'll pick up a game every generation, put tens of hours into it and then just stop. It's not that I get bored of them, exactly, I just put them down after a while and never come back to it. Obvious exception being Pokémon Blue, which was literally the only game I had for GBC as a kid and that I must have beat at least four times.

Maybe this time will be different... :negative:

Dude I know exactly what you mean. I bought Pokemon Y, probably played it for about 10 hours, then my copy (along with my entire 3DS) got stolen. Then about a year ago I picked up Omega Ruby on a whim and, again, probably put about 10 hours into it before putting it down. I actually just deleted it off my 3DS to make room for Fire Emblem.

I think my issue is that those games are just so simplistic unless you want to take the time to get intensely into the nitty gritty stuff. There are just so many other really good games coming out constantly with a much lower bar of entry to good gameplay.

Plus there's like 700 pokemon now so I don't have any real attachment to them like I did when I was a kid.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

This post reminded me eventually of playing Virtual ON in my university arcade, that would fit your bill completely but I have no idea if that series even exists anymore

Sorta, they released the final version of Oratorio Tangram on 360 and there was a Japanese region-free release of Virtual-On Force (the fourth and most recent entry in the series). Force is a little different in that it's 2v2 like the Gundam games but a lot slower than any of the previous Virtual On games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
onlive has bad control lag so thats why it sucks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PantsBandit posted:

Plus there's like 700 pokemon now so I don't have any real attachment to them like I did when I was a kid.

They need to fix the breeding mechanic so you can change the colors of your pokemon much easier it's honestly easier to hack you're own online pokemon box that Nintendo has in their cloud than it is to breed an actual shiny.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Minorkos: Tekken. Get Tekken Tag 2 for PS3 or wait for the new Tekken coming out later this year. It's fun even if you have no idea what you're doing and it doesn't require long ridiculous combos to be good. It's a traditional fighting game and not an arena brawler though.

Wamdoodle posted:

gently caress, welcome to everyday of my life. Game will still own though.

I do like that her top suggests the concept of clothing but doesn't really do the actual job. Girl you gotta get some support for all the jumping you're gonna have to do.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dana's just taking fashion advice form popful mail, she's just going in the opposite direction with it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone needs to put a bounty on the Capcom Employee who's been holding Powerstone hostage.

It's like what Arena Fighters should be, but they found out Powerstone was too good and they had to seal it away.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Someone needs to put a bounty on the Capcom Employee who's been holding Powerstone hostage.

It's like what Arena Fighters should be, but they found out Powerstone was too good and they had to seal it away.

I remember there being an arcade game in Japan that looked a lot like a spiritual successor to Power Stone. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about. I think remember seeing tournament footage on the acho youtube channel.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
POKEMOON.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
NOW YOU CAN BE MOONED BY A POKEMOON

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
YO GAMES, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN POKEMOONED?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
HEY GUYS JUST CLICK HERE, IT'S RICK ASLEY AND NOT A NWS URL I SWEAR

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Seems unsanitary

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It was a hard decision but I chose to buy Digimon Cyber Sleuths instead of the two new fire emblems.

Then again it's going to be over 100 bucks for fire emblem after you figure in the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Just make sure to let us know if it causes some lady at your retro gaming club to cry.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 26, 2016

• Locked thread