Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Jimbot posted:

Beads make her ultimate useless. Hit them before the 3rd hit and laugh as you avoid being stunned.

70 second cooldown with 40% CDR.... Ult every 42 seconds. (Don't act like you don't build CDR)

Purification 160 second cooldown...

You can ult 3 extra times as Amaterasu before beads are back up...

Who is the victim here?

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
the real solution is to never play as any god other than chang'e or ravana

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

70 second cooldown with 40% CDR.... Ult every 42 seconds. (Don't act like you don't build CDR)

Purification 160 second cooldown...

You can ult 3 extra times as Amaterasu before beads are back up...

Who is the victim here?

Makes it useless for that one time because the CC is all that ultimate is good for, except maybe picking off low-health enemies. Aside from that, almost anyone can pop their ultimate and completely ignore the CC too and since the people you hope to stun can burst you down they do just that. If you don't stun anyone with that ultimate you are completely vulnerable. 3 stops if it hits enemy gods so they can body block you in. If you do it outright in the front then everyone uses their escape to dodge it all completely. It's a good ultimate but not some end-all-be-all thing and it's easily dodged since Hi-Rez loves giving everyone an escape that puts 25 yards between you and the enemy.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Jimbot posted:

Makes it useless for that one time because the CC is all that ultimate is good for, except maybe picking off low-health enemies.

Poor Amaterasu!

Nerf Beads please.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

Poor Amaterasu!

Nerf Beads please.

Nah, just giving examples of how to make her ultimate not be very effective and why it's a perfectly fine without any changes.

Bellona's definitely more potent because you can still stun people long enough to get that damage bonus on your hammer to melt the ADC or mage almost instantly, then shut down another with her 3 while healing yourself up. It's why she's the Queen and why they're taking Amaterasu down a peg with the damage to her 2.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Bellona's definitely more potent because you can still stun people long enough to get that damage bonus on your hammer to melt the ADC or mage almost instantly, then shut down another with her 3 while healing yourself up. It's why she's the Queen and why they're taking Amaterasu down a peg with the damage to her 2.

But I've been led to believe you can beads Bellona's ult and dash away :negative:

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

But I've been led to believe you can beads Bellona's ult and dash away :negative:

Bellona's ult is useless if you use beads.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Jimbot posted:

Nah, just giving examples of how to make her ultimate not be very effective and why it's a perfectly fine without any changes.

How long have you been playing?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The stun is, but the rest of the utility and damage you get to it is pretty good.

You both should just play better - Amaterasu isn't that big of a deal and can be shut down quite easy. No amount of CC will save you from terrible play, unfortunately.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I feel like telling others to "play better" is a bit snappy. I mean clearly I don't do a lot of conquest so my experiences with her is limited in the whole laning phase side of things. I do think it's more possible to get out of the ult than people give most of the god's credit for. A lot of gods have escapes and that does help to get out of it. Another thing is others have CC-immunity on their own ults or abilities that helps too. But I would not say that Ammy is weak at all! She's strong where she is, but I just don't' feel like she's completely over powered or busted. That's all I'm saying/feeling about her right now.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm just giving them grief because their posts have been sassing me. People play at the level they can but if they honestly think I want beads to be nerfed from my posts, then they should probably stop playing SMITE and take lessons on reading comprehension.

The thing with Amaterasu's ult is that it's very slow to get to the part in which people hate - the stun. You build her tank for this reason but, as I pointed out, any quick god, a god that has an ultimate or ability that cancels CC, or has beads, then you neuter that ultimate drastically. It'd be one thing if it came out in rapid succession, but it doesn't and she swings in very wide, slow arcs that have a wind-up. Also keep in mind all this started because I was annoyed that Hi-Rez is nerfing her 2 for some reason and goofing that she was approaching Queen Bellona in her potency and they can't be having any thing.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
The things that bother me about Amaterasu is her sustain, cooldowns, and bonus base-damage scaling.

Sustain - She has the strongest heal of any warrior on a shorter cooldown, the only person who comes close is Chaac... on an 18 second CD.

Cooldowns - 70 second cooldown makes it the shortest damage dealing ultimate on a warrior with a potential sub-45 second CD.

Bonus base-damage scaling - Means that she can build pure tank and still have high damage. (With only boots & Jotun's)

A stun is literally the last thing in her kit I care about.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I really don't care about her huge damage on her 2 considering her 1 doesn't do any damage at all. Compare like Ravana or something, he has damage on all of his 1, 2, 3, it adds up to way more than Ammy does on her 2 and maybe her 3 if she can nail her exact target.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Brannock posted:

I really don't care about her huge damage on her 2 considering her 1 doesn't do any damage at all. Compare like Ravana or something, he has damage on all of his 1, 2, 3, it adds up to way more than Ammy does on her 2 and maybe her 3 if she can nail her exact target.

Okay!

Assuming they each get to use their whole kit on someone once at level 20 in a perfect world.
And assuming they both have exactly the same build.

Amaterasu:
Heavenly Reflection - 500 base + 60%
Glorious Charge - 310 base + 60%
Dazzling Offensive - 990 base + 150%

Total kit damage: 1800 base + 270%

Ravana
Prana Onslaught - 300 base + 80%
Overhead Kick - 210 base + 70%
10-Hand Shadow Fist - 260 base + 55%
Mystic Rush - 450 + 100 %

Total kit damage: 1220 base + 305%

Edit: Nope, it looks like Amaterasu does more damage.

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 26, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Electric Lady posted:

I'll live with the reduced damage on the 2, but I really hope they don't change the way Amaterasu's ult delivers CC. Ammy gets unkillable after a certain point between her 2's damage reduction and constantly switching her 1 for the healing. Her place is in the middle of a teamfight, tanking, giving her aura to anyone else who's in the thick of it and cleaning up anyone who might try to run away with her 3 before diving right back in (which is easy since it stops as soon as it hits someone). Even if they reduce the 4's damage, I think it's really important that she is able to CC as many folks as possible. Maybe they could take out the CC proccing by hitting minions, but If they make it like Guan Yu's old ult full-stop then while she'll still have the tanking, she'll lose a ton of usefulness in the teamfight by losing the threat of a big group 4, and the entire second half of her kit becomes a weird chasing set that doesn't fit with the rest of it. Granted, with what you build on her (the frost hammer and whatnot) she does have that chasing capability and do a lot of right-clicking, but for me she's really shone as a tank.

Very sorry! I had no idea in the least.

I added you this morning before work so I'm looking forward to playing with you and other folks soon =)

No need to be sorry~ I'm super good at VGS for that reason and its one of the things I like about smite

I'll log on today sometimes :3

As for Ammy, her ult can be initiation if people follow up. I can stun 3 people in arena at times granted if there's following up. I have killed Amaterasu using their ult though just by auto attacking and lining up a skillshot burst before she lands her 3rd and its easy to juke out of if you go at her at a 45 degree angle adjacent and swivel behind her. If done right you can beat the player at their animation lock before being able to completely turn around to respond to you.

I love Amaterasu, and I like to build her damage but when I do, i bare in mind in what to do in the situation, timing is everything for her tbh. You miss that dash/silence? Get out~ Just poke them down with the mirror.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I mainly play arena because conquest is full of to many angry people and my friends can't be arsed with it, she's a serious problem for them. That ult is up every single teamfight and with five people in one place, somebody is going to get hit and even if they don't, she's likely done a shitload of damage or split the team apart because everyone is scattering. Once positioning is hosed you've lost the teamfight.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

coca bojangles posted:

Okay!

Assuming they each get to use their whole kit on someone once at level 20 in a perfect world.
And assuming they both have exactly the same build.

Amaterasu:
Heavenly Reflection - 500 base + 60%
Glorious Charge - 310 base + 60%
Dazzling Offensive - 990 base + 150%

Total kit damage: 1800 base + 270%

Ravana
Prana Onslaught - 300 base + 80%
Overhead Kick - 210 base + 70%
10-Hand Shadow Fist - 260 base + 55%
Mystic Rush - 450 + 100 %

Total kit damage: 1220 base + 305%

Edit: Nope, it looks like Amaterasu does more damage.

I like this comparison because it shows how completely rear end backwards their god designs are.

Ravana is supposed to be a boxer but he has relatively higher scalings than Amaterasu; but Amaterasu is the god people were building AA-builds for because of her passive.

Could you imagine swapping their passives? That would be some poo poo.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

dogstile posted:

conquest is full of too many angry people

Well, conquest is a Serious Game Mode

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

I like this comparison because it shows how completely rear end backwards their god designs are.

Ravana is supposed to be a boxer but he has relatively higher scalings than Amaterasu; but Amaterasu is the god people were building AA-builds for because of her passive.

Could you imagine swapping their passives? That would be some poo poo.

So Amaterasu would get even more bonus damage on her abilities? Edit: I realized after I posted this that the passive would be a shield... oops

What a wonderful idea!
If there's one thing Amaterasu lacks, its damage. I support this idea.

edit: VER shubhat

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 26, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

TheChaosPath posted:

Well, conquest is a Serious Game Mode

I play loads of games competitively, i find it hard to get angry if I lose. It just means I should be playing harder.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

dogstile posted:

I play loads of games competitively, i find it hard to get angry if I lose. It just means I should be playing harder.

I wish my friend would understand this. One death, even in Joust, and he flips his loving lid

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Farecoal posted:

I wish my friend would understand this. One death, even in Joust, and he flips his loving lid

Yeah my usual group (seven of us, which is nice. Can always someone to play with) has one guy who refuses to modify his build (as nox), complains about not being able to do damage (YOU'RE loving NOX) and will steal kills relentlessly from our carry's and assassins. If he dies or is asked to adjust his play a little bit because it'll increase our chances of a win he'll just lose his loving mind. We usually leave him out.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
To be totally fair if you can't land your combo as Nox it's pretty hard to do damage :v:

My friend is actually better at Smite than I am, he just takes the game way too seriously

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
He can land the combo, he just won't stop targeting tanks :shrug:

It's funny so I invite him occasionally.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

dogstile posted:

I get frustrated constantly when playing against the 2015-16 roster.

Most of the time they are really close matches.
But they're only close matches because I'm trying so loving hard against gods who exert half the effort to win.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

dogstile posted:

The problem is nobody internalizes their loss. Yeah someone plays bad but that's not really something to rage at. It's not like they're trying to feed.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Farecoal posted:

To be totally fair if you can't land your combo as Nox it's pretty hard to do damage :v:

My friend is actually better at Smite than I am, he just takes the game way too seriously

One play Nox, one play Athena. Laugh your way to the top of the kill/assist list.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Depswa just pointed this out... How the gently caress does this turn into a glove/gauntlet.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

dogstile posted:

Yeah I mainly play arena because conquest is full of to many angry people and my friends can't be arsed with it, she's a serious problem for them. That ult is up every single teamfight and with five people in one place, somebody is going to get hit and even if they don't, she's likely done a shitload of damage or split the team apart because everyone is scattering. Once positioning is hosed you've lost the teamfight.

I've started doing more Arena because Conquest in s3 has become even more saltier

I went back to conquest yesterday as Raijin adc in CASUAL conquest and the one guy flipped out, so I just kept egging him on and we won anyways. I didn't get pulled or baited. In fact, I did just the thing adc does. Carry~ Went for rampage and forced a surrender. He swallowed that bitterness hard and shut the gently caress up halfway.

coca bojangles posted:

Depswa just pointed this out... How the gently caress does this turn into a glove/gauntlet.

Magic Smithing~

"hmm, I wanted a breastplate but you know what'd be really cool? a sick rear end gauntlet."

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zain posted:

The problem is nobody internalizes their loss. Yeah someone plays bad but that's not really something to rage at. It's not like they're trying to feed.

And even if they are, just laugh at them constantly. Oh no, you're throwing one game, not my precious stats!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Wow did they just jam every (non recolor) skin into loot boxes now and make half of them exclusives?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

coca bojangles posted:

How does armor clearly made for a humanoid fit on a tree / a really fat sleepy guy ?

v:shobon:v

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

coca bojangles posted:

Three fingers through the neck, thumb and pinky through the arms.

Come on man, even I figured that one out.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

coca bojangles posted:

The whole concept of items in Smite is ridiculous and unflavorful anyway. My crocodile character is frequently wearing 2 steel breastplates (I guess on top of each other?), a cloak and holding a large dagger in addition to the battle axe he actually does have. If it was a concern, they would have made them as some kind of enchantments or blessings from the gods as not to ruin MY IMMERSION!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
For season 4 they should introduce being able to actually see all the poo poo your God is wearing :v:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, imagine a MOBA came out where you could only craft one item for each slot and that item changed how the character looked. Everyone would hate it at the same time of loving it and new gods/champions/whatever would come out like once every 6 months because of all the art assets.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Won a ranked duel against Freya. Went 8/0. As Sylvanus :laffo:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Farecoal posted:

Won a ranked duel against Freya. Went 8/0. As Sylvanus :laffo:

What was your build?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Shab posted:

What was your build?

Boots of Focus, Chronos, Telkhines, Sash, Fatalis, Pestilence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Farecoal posted:

Boots of Focus, Chronos, Telkhines, Sash, Fatalis, Pestilence

Nice, I was hoping it involved Fatalis and Telkhines. One of my favorite builds/god combos in the game.

• Locked thread