Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Irradiation posted:

Worrying about earthquakes is really stupid unless you live in Chile or Japan.

I never understood the earthquake worry, either. If your building is built to follow earthquake codes you're fine, and don't hang your goon katanas on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

MAYO FETISH posted:

super hot little weird lump on your left side of chin babe

Most likely a millennial cold sore cleverly disguised with a pound of foundation

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Due to the wonders of fracking, I as a resident of ohio can experience both the fun of seismic activity and the joy of a tornado storm.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

symbolic posted:

Pittsburgh is a shithole

Allentown is Philadelphia without the historical significance, great food, and attractions

What the hell is your problem with Pittsburgh, now?

And calling a city "Philadelphia without the historical significance" isn't a compliment, lol.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

A Strange Aeon posted:

What the hell is your problem with Pittsburgh, now?

And calling a city "Philadelphia without the historical significance" isn't a compliment, lol.

I can't imagine it was meant to be. Allentown is a pit. There's a terrible amusement park and a really poor and crime ridden lovely town beside it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnJp0oyOxs

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

I can't imagine it was meant to be. Allentown is a pit. There's a terrible amusement park and a really poor and crime ridden lovely town beside it.

The word rustbelt comes to mind.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

reallivedinosaur posted:

i know of at least two millennials that have drowned in the wave pool at wild water kingdom. :D

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

reallivedinosaur posted:

dorney park is not terrible, it is very good. it's basically a slightly scaled down version of Cedar Point, which is considered one of the best roller coaster parks in the world.

this is a ride at cedar point, very famous one:

quote:

Magnum XL-200, colloquially known as simply Magnum, is a steel roller coaster built by Arrow Dynamics at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. When built in 1989, it was the tallest, fastest, and steepest complete-circuit roller coaster in the world as well as the first hypercoaster – a roller coaster that exceeds 200 feet (61 m) in height

dorney park has pretty much an exact replica, called steel force. a bunch of the rides at dorney park are copies of rides at cedar point.

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 26, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

millennials don't deserve luxuries, if you believe this thread

nobody deserves luxuries, comrade, they belong to the People

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

nomadologique posted:

dorney park is not terrible, it is very good.

Never been to Dorney, but my sister lives in suburban Allentown, and it seems like a nice place to me. Very white, and a little trashy, but I've lived in a lot worse places.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

reallivedinosaur posted:

yeah, i was insulting the gently caress out of Allentown.

also :laffo: at people trying to defend Dorney Park. sure the rides are fun, but it's goddamn expensive and kind of dirty. i also had quite a few friends in high school who were employed there and they all hated working there. just go like 40 minutes away to Knoebles. it's exponentially better.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

knoebles is terrible, because the rides are poo poo, and the only point of going to a ride park is to ride good rides.

you better believe i want a giant steel monstrosity that is going to expose me to inhuman g-forces.

"it's dirty." so is the subway. i'm sure it's hell working there, how could it not be? of course it's expensive, you think it's cheap to build gigantic steel monstrosities? it costs like 2 imax movie tickets.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Squashy Nipples posted:

Never been to Dorney, but my sister lives in suburban Allentown, and it seems like a nice place to me. Very white, and a little trashy, but I've lived in a lot worse places.
yeah, the suburbs are pretty nice, but you can tell it's 99.9% white, Christian Gen Xers

although i suppose that's true with most suburbs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nomadologique posted:

knoebles is terrible, because the rides are poo poo, and the only point of going to a ride park is to ride good rides.

you better believe i want a giant steel monstrosity that is going to expose me to inhuman g-forces.

"it's dirty." so is the subway. i'm sure it's hell working there, how could it not be? of course it's expensive, you think it's cheap to build gigantic steel monstrosities? it costs like 2 imax movie tickets.
i didn't realize someone younger than me used these forums. how goes Algebra II?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There's a pretty good Wegmans in Allentown.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

There's a pretty good Wegmans in Allentown.
yeah my parents used to shop there when i was 7 or 8. they'd leave me and my sister in this little Kid's Zone thing that was actually quite nice. i remember they had a Playstation set up sometimes that i played the poo poo out of Crash Bandicoot 3 on.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I live in city around 100k, there are things to do, they cost money. As I get older I feel more like becoming a Renaissance man like old farmers and making my own "culture" rather than aping something temporarily hot and with it.

I grew up where we had fires and could see the stars and piss everywhere except in town, also we didn't get arrested on private property for doing things we liked.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The North Tower posted:

I never understood the earthquake worry, either. If your building is built to follow earthquake codes you're fine, and don't hang your goon katanas on the wall.

You think a building standard is going to save your rear end from a force of nature? Maybe it will help in case of a little baby quake, but who's worried about those anyways.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i remember when i was in high school i had a friend who worked at dorney park over the summer and he brought in his employee handbook one. We were looking at the pictures of the park managers and the guy in charge of the games and prizes was a sleazy looking rat faced guy with an eyepatch. most likely lost the eye to an angry park goer.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Was your friend working a summer job in high school the closest you've gotten to gainful employment? By osmosis.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I think I'm willing to retract my opinions about millenials being too lazy to get jobs after hearing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSyRMtT0-sM

just happened to a friend of mine the other day too.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think I'm willing to retract my opinions about millenials being too lazy to get jobs after hearing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSyRMtT0-sM

just happened to a friend of mine the other day too.

im the fat millenial on the left trying to grow a neckbeard and cant pay attention to one thing for more than 5 seconds

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Blacktoll posted:

Was your friend working a summer job in high school the closest you've gotten to gainful employment? By osmosis.

what the gently caress are you talking about retard?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Buncha millenitards started fat shaming me on the subway recently. I thought they were all supposed to be body positive and gay poo poo like that? loving hypocrites..

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I worked at six flags when I was 15, we had special name tags, so all young employees were lovingly referred to as piss tags.

I remember being so mad at this girl because she was using her night off to come back up to the park, I was :psyduck: for a while after that one. I never went back except once for our senior trip.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i remember when i was in high school i had a friend who worked at dorney park over the summer and he brought in his employee handbook one. We were looking at the pictures of the park managers and the guy in charge of the games and prizes was a sleazy looking rat faced guy with an eyepatch. most likely lost the eye to an angry park goer.
i never saw the handbook but i did remember hearing that employee training was 8 straight hours, which seems really absurd to someone who's never worked at an amusement park

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ya, the only people who would wanna ride fun rides are 14.

you are older than me, despite being 10 years younger. congrats!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nomadologique posted:

ya, the only people who would wanna ride fun rides are 14.

you are older than me, despite being 10 years younger. congrats!
congratulations on living in a world where the cleanliness and cost of an amusement park are irrelevant as long as there's a roller coaster

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the only reason i would go to an amusement park is exactly what i am paying for.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

can i just waltz down to the next amusement park and ride another identical coaster for half the price?

no?

okay i will pay your price then. thanks for understanding my desire to negotiate from a position of zero leverage.

your underpaid teenage workers don't do a great job picking up trash? so it looks about like your average city street in here? okay. this is a lot more fun than riding the subway.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

nomadologique posted:

can i just waltz down to the next amusement park and ride another identical coaster for half the price?

no?

okay i will pay your price then. thanks for understanding my desire to negotiate from a position of zero leverage.

your underpaid teenage workers don't do a great job picking up trash? so it looks about like your average city street in here? okay. this is a lot more fun than riding the subway.

Hey man, you can get groped for free on the subway.

There is also the chance of being mugged.

The subway is a wonderful and exciting ride!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Darkman Fanpage posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about retard?

I'll take this as a tacit agreement that you're a broke millenial. Or a "rich" one who makes 35k in the Midwest and lives like a god amongst methheads.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I like all the Pennsylvania folks ITT lately.

Doesn't Knoebels have that weird pig shaped garbage can with the sign that says "Put Trash in My Mouth!" or something?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

A Strange Aeon posted:

weird pig shaped garbage can with the sign that says "Put Trash in My Mouth!" ?

why bring up your mother itt

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

thread needs more .jpg

I..think...the hot pink lipstick was added on after...it looks photoshopped to me.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

You've never spent a 3 day weekend in drunken debauchery on your buddy's property. The great part about living in the country, is that this can be, and frequently is, every weekend

:madmax:

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016

Rondette posted:

I..think...the hot pink lipstick was added on after...it looks photoshopped to me.

something something pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

MAYO FETISH posted:

something something pixels

You can get apps now that will make-up your face (they're bloody hilarious) Reckon she's used one of them.

• Locked thread