Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I was only able to play a few days before work, but I'm not sure I got XP credit for the fish I sold to the fish store guy, just the misc junk I put in the farm bin.

Do I have storage at the farm, or am I gonna have to beeline that backpack for more inventory space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

dmboogie posted:

Is there any real difference between putting stuff in the shipment box and just selling directly at stores?

I only tested a single fish but it was worth the same to either the fisherman or my shipment box.

I think the shipment box is just the easy way of dumping everything you want to sell but you only get the money the next day. But if you need money RIGHT THIS SECOND you can go find the right shopkeeper for specific items.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I was only able to play a few days before work, but I'm not sure I got XP credit for the fish I sold to the fish store guy, just the misc junk I put in the farm bin.

Do I have storage at the farm, or am I gonna have to beeline that backpack for more inventory space?

Apparently you can craft storage containers with 36 slots for 50 wood.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I got stuck in a rock. That sucks.

Go around the area transitions of your farm and make sure it's clear before running around. I got stuck in a pebble on the south end.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm liking this so far, it's chill as gently caress and the music is on point. I do seem to be getting exhausted really quickly though. I hope that can improve as time goes on.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Sounds like a good idea to wait for a couple patches.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
Someone please tell me the run speed is moddable :shepicide:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, days are over ridiculously fast.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Deakul posted:

Man, days are over ridiculously fast.

Doesn't help that the default run speed is maybe 50% slower than I would like.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Protip: don't try to make stuff if your inventory is full. You end up stuck in your inventory because it expects you to drop something to make room, except that you can't drop items from that screen.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I'm looking forward to finding out some more stuff about the game's world - stuff like the weird shrine in the general store and the book in the library talking about war with the "Gotoro Empire" has me curious.

Also - I dig the TV, but wish that there were ridiculous serialized shows like in Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

How do you figure out what people like? I gave everyone wild horse radish, but nobody seemed to appreciate it. :(

So far I've found that everyone likes it if you give them a flower, but they're pretty rare since I haven't found a way to grow them yet.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Played a bit. Having an odd problem where my mouse won't scroll to the right side of the screen with the game, which is weird. Anyone else having this problem?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Jizz into Darkness posted:

So far I've found that everyone likes it if you give them a flower, but they're pretty rare since I haven't found a way to grow them yet.

The general store sells flower seeds.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Protip: don't try to make stuff if your inventory is full. You end up stuck in your inventory because it expects you to drop something to make room, except that you can't drop items from that screen.

you gotta use the trash can

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Seems like it's pretty glitchy. Is it still enjoyable regardless?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I think I found my waifu.

Although I may not have a choice in the matter. :lsd:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Ddraig posted:

Fucks sake, Clint, I've got like 50 loving copper ore. Why will you not accept it?

Do you need pure, untouched ore from the depths of the mines or something?

He wants smelted bars. He'll show up one morning and give you smeltery plans

E: is it me, it is the cursor momentum for the fishing minigame too weighty feeling? Is it because I'm in the ocean?

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 26, 2016

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

i have yet to run into any glitches, and the game is rad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hopeandjoy posted:

Seems like it's pretty glitchy. Is it still enjoyable regardless?

i don't know because i'm not home yet, but gintama is good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
jesus it's hard to find everybody. the bachelors need to get out of their rooms

also I'm probably stupid but fishing is really hard

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 26, 2016

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/703308251882876928

most of the problems I've run into are just irritating UI things, overall the games great so far

except fishing is too hard and keeps owning me :krakken:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Spent a week or so ingame in 3 hours, having a blast. Very smooth and fun. Wish I could run a tad faster but overall it's been super fun!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
So I'm picking at modding the game. All files are packed as .xnb (game presumably made in XNA). It's straightforward enough to extract the .pngs, but even the data files are packed in .xnb. I can't find a single program out there that can extract non-graphic xnb data like text files. Anyone know one?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just noticed there's a meteorite in the middle of the farm area. Wonder what we're gonna get from that.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Just started the game and the townspeople only have 1 line of dialogue at the start? I think I played too much rune factory. Also the running speed is so slow and you have no minimap.

Kemian
Jul 26, 2004

Economics is not a science, and never will be!

Anybody else having a save issue? I exited the game (through the menu) after sleeping, then when I loaded my game back up I was 3 days behind where I was. I wish there was an actual save menu so I could be sure I was saving my progress!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

can anyone confirm whether not walking on your crops damages/slows them?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Found a program to unpack .xnbs with text in them. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=80021#p80021

If you drag and drop a file onto read_xnb.bat, you will get the contents out.

I can't find anything that will rebuild the .xnb, however. This worked to rebuild the identical .xnb from a .png, but the build failed with an xml file. It's still a good start to be able to read data files, though!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Never start this game, Eonwe, this forum needs your posting

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if i had any complaint it'd be that it feels like things are a liiiiiittle too hectic to keep up with given how fast the time seems to go by? i don't know. it's a super minor complaint, like the balance is just a tiny bit off.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Never start this game, Eonwe, this forum needs your posting

ill do both

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Joestar posted:

if i had any complaint it'd be that it feels like things are a liiiiiittle too hectic to keep up with given how fast the time seems to go by? i don't know. it's a super minor complaint, like the balance is just a tiny bit off.

a harvest moon game where I could slow down time has p much always been my dream game, and once people figure out how to mod the game i hope that will happen

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
where the gently caress does sebestian hang out when he's not in his room like a loser

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can anyone tell me if my dream of being a bee farmer can happen and if so how?
Slimes are an option if I can murder them for xp

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Anyone else find Grandpa's Shrine? I'm not sure I'm prepared to have a ghost grandpa, man. :ohdear:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i tooled around a little in the mine and it started giving me flashbacks to when i played that one harvest moon on the gba and poopsocked my way through the mining minigame

at least this one seems a lot more fun to actually play

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Going to stream the game here if anyone wants to check it out: http://hitbox.tv/suzera

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Gamerofthegame posted:

where the gently caress does sebestian hang out when he's not in his room like a loser

the saloon at night, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Are the people marked ??? in the ESC menu people you havent' been introduced to yet, or is there no in-game way to track that?