Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cantaloupe posted:

It's technically accurate, but gender bender usually refers to unrealistic magical comedies and/or fetish material. It's not really that bad, but it's still a pretty flippant way to label a person's real story of dysphoria.

Dynasty does a better job of tagging this one.

Also, I think one of us has to kill the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh poo poo, Bkub has a non-touhou manga! Squirrel Nuts

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 22, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Cantaloupe posted:

It's technically accurate, but gender bender usually refers to unrealistic magical comedies and/or fetish material. It's not really that bad, but it's still a pretty flippant way to label a person's real story of dysphoria.
I wonder if the author will care more about that or that their work is being pirated

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

HenryEx posted:

Nickelodeon is some good poo poo. Lunch at Columbine (ch14) and Contract (ch20) are among my favorite short stories.

I liked Nickelodeon and Voynich Hotel, and this dude in general all except for his habit of having clearly too-young girls in relationships with older men. The romance in Voynich was pretty uncomfortable even though I liked it as a whole

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Captain Invictus posted:

This is loving great :allears:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

I wonder if the author will care more about that or that their work is being pirated

Like I said, it's nothing horrible offensive, I just don't think comparing gimmicky comedies with actual exploration of gender identity (especially those based on real experiences) is entirely accurate. But thank you for mentioning it had been licensed, I didn't realize before.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you know all those sci fi books, movies and games where humans gently caress with an alien they shouldn't have hosed with, send in the marines and get slaughtered?

here they gently caress with about 20 different kinds of aliens

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
whats it calll:unsmigghh:

HenryEx posted:

Nickelodeon is some good poo poo. Lunch at Columbine (ch14) and Contract (ch20) are among my favorite short stories.

That was not what I expected.

frog curse was uh, a thing.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 23, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

you know all those sci fi books, movies and games where humans gently caress with an alien they shouldn't have hosed with, send in the marines and get slaughtered?

This was really goo, finished it in one sitting.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Davincie posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I couldn't really get into Helldivers.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I couldn't really get into Helldivers.

Sorry about your bad taste.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Anatharon posted:

You aren't the first to tell me this.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

You aren't the first to tell me this.

I can get not liking helldivers, there's a lot of things I don't like about it but it's one of the few local co-op games I have. :shrug:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

This was really goo, finished it in one sitting.
Yeah, I'm in the process of doing this too. What a ride.
Brigadier General! :drat:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Davincie posted:

Neat premise, but atrocious translation and the art was kinda hard to parse.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Captain Invictus posted:

Actually, Bkub's had more than just Squirrel Nuts for non-Touhou, non-Kantai Collection, non-Idolm@ster, and non-Final Fantasy XIV stuff: Mission Impossible, Bonnou-chan (Little Passion), JK Sales, Pop Team Epic (Poptepipic).

None of it is hosted on the thread's preferred image hosts and almost none of it is hard translated, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well that's cool/a shame, then!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Anatharon posted:

People who think Helldivers is good should play Earth Defense Force and see what a real game is like.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Off to a great start.

CubeTheory posted:

People who think Helldivers is good should play Earth Defense Force and see what a real game is like.

Third person shooter with 2 person local co-op =/= top down action game with 4 player co-op.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

People who think Earth Defence Force is good should play Global Defence Force and see what a real game is like.

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Actually, Bkub's had more than just Squirrel Nuts for non-Touhou, non-Kantai Collection, non-Idolm@ster, and non-Final Fantasy XIV stuff: Mission Impossible, Bonnou-chan (Little Passion), JK Sales, Pop Team Epic (Poptepipic).

None of it is hosted on the thread's preferred image hosts and almost none of it is hard translated, though.

Itīs really hosed up that bkub still isnt a billionaire comic magnate yet for some reason.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who think Earth Defence Force is good should play Earth Defence Force because unlike all the other people in this thread I believe people should be able to enjoy the games they want to!!!!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
okay i will

i appreciate your blessing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anatharon posted:

Off to a great start.
It was ok but I didn't like how it turned into dbz

Bugless is freiza

The alien is cell

Gai is Goku

The girl is Gohan

Everyone else is krillin

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Jostiband posted:

People who think Earth Defence Force is good should play Global Defence Force and see what a real game is like.

...but they're the same game? GDF is EDF2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I assume he means the PS2 game specifically that was localised as GDF. For some reason

I'd say the PS4 one was true EDF just for the sheer amount of enemies on screen

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
No Guns Life

I was having a hard time deciding on which scene to use, but I just like how ballsy this guy is to have a staredown with someone who has a gun for a head even if he can't pull the trigger by himself

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If his name isn't literally just Gunhead they have hosed up

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's not

You don't call somebody with paraplegia no legs, thats rude.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 25, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
No Guns Life rules because the corporate cabal that runs things from behind the scenes tries to bribe the main character by buying up every last pack of his favorite brand of cigarettes in the entire city and offering them in exchange for the person he's protecting.

I mean, okay, there's a little more to it than that, but the scene in concept still gives me a chuckle.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
That is a dope rear end helmet/head

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

It's not

You don't call somebody with paraplegia no legs, thats rude.
Bullshit, the three legged hamster I rescued off the side of the road was named tripod and any other name was incorrect :colbert:

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
The main character's name is Inui Jyuuzou, but I've got no idea if there's some kind of gun pun in there.
His cigarette brand on the other hand, is Tanegashima, which is an old model of firearm from the 1500s.

Captain Invictus posted:

If his name isn't literally just Gunhead they have hosed up

My Hero Academia has a character with that name.
His gun isn't even in his head, though, it's just his arm! What a ripoff!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

The main character's name is Inui Jyuuzou, but I've got no idea if there's some kind of gun pun in there.

I don't know how it's written in kanji, but "jyuu" often means gun.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Inspector Gadget in Africa

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hahaha, what is that actually called?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Somali to Mori no Kamisama

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Couple new chapters of Nichijou up on batoto