Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seems a lot easier to max entries out in the journal in the full game.

My main gripe with the game is that after 15 hours and a fair amount into Chap 1 with 2 sidequests completed, none of the asterisks I've gotten so far feel like very good offensive options.

e:
According to gbatemp, it's super easy to hex edit yourself to have 999 villagers in your moonbase if you don't want to deal with that too much and have a way to use savedatafiler or other save things.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bravely-second-999-villagers.416254/

I'd recommend getting the Bioplant up a little first because the Blue Mage variation and at least one other job requires reagents to use abilities and that lets you buy them.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

The website says that Yu's wearing the onion knight. I'd guess Magnolia's in the Knight and Edea the Minstrel?

Cool, thanks.

It's not a big deal, but I do hope they'll make these available on the eShop for purchase at some point. Kinda weird that they aren't included in the limited edition - I'm already giving you the maximum possible amount of money Square, why can't I have the costumes too?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Alright, got Bravely Second! Just got to the part where Janne Angard betrays Yew. God drat, that was fast! And kinda unexpected.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is there any kind of save file transfer reward from the first game? I never beat the final boss but outside of the timeloops i really liked that game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hot drat, the Collector's Edition box is massive. The clerk at the store I picked it up from spent like 5 minutes searching for it in storage because she was expecting a regular 3DS box.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

The website says that Yu's wearing the onion knight. I'd guess Magnolia's in the Knight and Edea the Minstrel?

Why does Magnolia have Edea Lee Oblige's outfit? Or is that one of the other Vestals' outfits from Praying Barge?

Edit: Upon checking, that is indeed Edea's outfit.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 26, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just met the old astrologer.

Yew is a really sweet protagonist, and his VA is on-point.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah I found that you were better off just chaining battles together for JP and Exp bonuses.

I did go and finish off the Bestiary (which was annoying for enemies which don't spawn very often, or in low numbers, like Witches and Sandworms) and beat Ba'al on Hard mode in the past day or two. I'm ready for the full game. :getin:

The Geist fight has put me off ever trying the demo on anything more than casual. What a bullshit broken move.

In case anyone hasn't played it yet, it's an ability that resets the hp to whatever it was on the previous turn. So deal 5k damage? Who gives a poo poo, back it goes to what it was on the previous round. So it seems like the only way to persistently damage him is to use a move called mist which applies damage as the last move of every round (meaning it's applied after he does the move). The only thing is that even at max level in the demo your magic hits him for 60-100 at most and that's all you can take off him per turn. He has 3k health on casual :suicide:

If there's a better way to take him out i'm all ears, but if he has tens of thousands of HP in hard mode then i can't imagine it not sucking.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Golden Goat posted:

At the end of the first game was my camera meant to turn on? Cause I never noticed anything.

The player facing camera turns on in a cutscene and you see your own hideous face peering through the clouds. I think the implication is that you're one of the gods of the celestial realm??

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Terper posted:

Agreed.

Also, the Tell Me More Agnés parts are comedy gold. I just read the one for the fortune telling stuff. :allears:

Also, Nikolai, nooo... :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"You became Friends with Folt!"

This is the true start of this adventure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

Except when he shouts, which is just annoying as hell.

Zaggitz posted:

Is there any kind of save file transfer reward from the first game? I never beat the final boss but outside of the timeloops i really liked that game.

Nope.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ok I'm about to leave work and grab the game, everyone add me friends :toot:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Especially when he shouts, which is just adorable as hell.

:3: fixed

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Except when he shouts, which is just adorable as hell.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Terper posted:

"You became Friends with Folt!"

This is the true start of this adventure

Still haven't gotten you yet. :(

Also, just got Magnolia Arch. With the update I did recently, I have 18 people I can set to work on the moon constructions. Excellent!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

The fates of her three companions, Tiz... we'll find out as we play.

Ah, I see. He decided to become a loving Jedi Master

e: Chapter 1 reached :toot:

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 26, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Being a huge bastard to get the Asterisk I actually want.
Oh dear :(

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Collectors edition arrived. It's like Christmas has come! :3:

I forgot how bad the voice acting always is, it's beautiful!

Edit: am I wrong or did bravely default have different battle speeds? This seems so slow and I can't change anything, guess it won't be as simple to grind?

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Solefald posted:

Collectors edition arrived. It's like Christmas has come! :3:

I forgot how bad the voice acting always is, it's beautiful!

Edit: am I wrong or did bravely default have different battle speeds? This seems so slow and I can't change anything, guess it won't be as simple to grind?

Could speed it up by pressing right on the Dpad iirc? Does that not work in Second?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It works the exact same, but you might not be able to do it for a while. You can't turn off fights until you get the full team either.

Just persevere, the battle flow is well refined over Default in the end.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So i've been reading that there's some way of using a code from the first game to unlock some early items in the second.

I've finished the first one (with the true ending) but where do i find this code and where do i enter it in the second game?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Kin posted:

So i've been reading that there's some way of using a code from the first game to unlock some early items in the second.

I've finished the first one (with the true ending) but where do i find this code and where do i enter it in the second game?

It's from the demo for BS and it's automatic.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
One of the early tutorial quests asks you to kill a goblin to expand its bestiary entry - but where do you actually find them? I've had dozens of battles outside the city and in the forest and I haven't seen a single one.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dunban posted:

One of the early tutorial quests asks you to kill a goblin to expand its bestiary entry - but where do you actually find them? I've had dozens of battles outside the city and in the forest and I haven't seen a single one.

Just keep playing. They don't show up for a while.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Just keep playing. They don't show up for a while.

I see. Weird that they'd give you the quest when you can't complete it for a while.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Dunban posted:

They're just outside the first town actually. They're kind of uncommon though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's from the demo for BS and it's automatic.

There's a special menu on the main title and i've read there's a completely separate thing from the demo.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Kin posted:

There's a special menu on the main title and i've read there's a completely separate thing from the demo.

That's for redeeming dlc codes if you're talking about what I think you are.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

DoctorX posted:

That's for redeeming dlc codes if you're talking about what I think you are.

Ah, cool. What i'm talking about is the freelancer costumes mentioned here http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/740205-bravely-second-end-layer/cheats

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Kin posted:

Ah, cool. What i'm talking about is the freelancer costumes mentioned here http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/740205-bravely-second-end-layer/cheats

I think that's only for the Japanese version, since it lets you register your games in a Square-Enix account of something like that and that's how it checks if you have played BD.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

DoctorX posted:

They're just outside the first town actually. They're kind of uncommon though.

Yeah, I just ran into a couple of them in a row. Weird.

Anyway, now I can finally move on from this area.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

"The Glanz Empire", huh? Well they sound like dicks

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Wait, did Kamiizumi always have the same VO as Yasuo? It's really obviously the same dude this time.

Also, the end-of-prologue FMV is so loving anime, holy poo poo

:siren: speculative but probably massive spoilers in the next spoiler block :siren:

'End Layer' is an anagram of 'Deny Real'. Kaiser Oblivion very actively uses the word 'deny' as a verb. I have yet to reach a conclusive point on the matter, but there's some level of false reality going on here.

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 27, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ungulateman posted:

Wait, did Kamiizumi always have the same VO as Yasuo? It's really obviously the same dude this time.

Also, the end-of-prologue FMV is so loving anime, holy poo poo

:siren: speculative but probably massive spoilers in the next spoiler block :siren:

'End Layer' is an anagram of 'Deny Real'. Kaiser Oblivion very actively uses the word 'deny' as a verb. I have yet to reach a conclusive point on the matter, but there's some level of false reality going on here.

Liam O'Brien is new to the Kamiizumi role.
Karen Strassman doesn't retain her role either, which is a shame because I like her. It gives a very different tone to her character. Or if she did, she's playing her very, very differently. Mephilia

e: forgot to tag a name

Also the Squeenix members rewards aren't available in the same way as Default. You'll need to hex edit them in.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 27, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really like the party dynamic, it's very different from a normal JRPG party. It's four goofy people being goofy in different ways and it's pretty charming.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, uh, apparently the localized artbook of Bravely Second got a few pictures cut.

And no, it wasn't Aimee's original Tomahawk class artwork. Apparently it's a bunch of pictures of Agnes. As far as people can tell they're not provocative or anything, they're just... not there anymore.

And also a picture of Geist covered in blood.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Blackfyre posted:

Could speed it up by pressing right on the Dpad iirc? Does that not work in Second?

Oh yeah it just showed me the tutorial on how to do it. I was grinding the second I got onto the world map so I didn't know.
It's so nice to see Edea again :3:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I need friends! 3179-6055-6192

I apparently don't have any of you as it keeps telling me that I have no friends to register.

Still working on the Prologue but I just got Magnolia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

So, uh, apparently the localized artbook of Bravely Second got a few pictures cut.

And no, it wasn't Aimee's original Tomahawk class artwork. Apparently it's a bunch of pictures of Agnes. As far as people can tell they're not provocative or anything, they're just... not there anymore.

And also a picture of Geist covered in blood.

http://wiiuandmii.com/2016/02/bravely-second-art-book-changes-detailed/

If I had to guess, it's probably because those images may have risked pushing the age rating of the game up because it comes with the Limited Edition.

She's bound by hand, which if you're really, really pushing it, could be interpreted as sexualised imagery/bondage.

Geist might be removed because of the excessive blood shown which might be a no-no?

Make sure you talk to the pig in town(s) when you're there too.

• Locked thread