Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I miss the smell of my car farts as well

My rear end smells wonderful, if you must know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

My car is really air tight and will trap them which makes for a really hosed up surprise when you get back in 30 minutes later and forget.

Also my dad thought he'd be funny and rip on one time and he didn't know he'd have to deal with it when we got back in from the store 15 minutes later. Served him right for farting in my drat car.

What kind of car is that airtight?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ross Angeles posted:

Don't take anything Parm says seriously. He's descended to a Chiche level of troll

Chiche is funny at least.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I remember riding BART several months ago while the guy next to me was vomiting into his own lap.

Good times.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Okla
Homa
City
Plains
Hawks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

My car is my office. Imagine hours of car farts. All day. Car farts. When my fiancee wants to use my car on the weekends I say I have to clean out papers and stuff but really I'm just airing out the car farts for like 15 minutes.

For what it's worth in my past life when I was a carless person who took the bus to work my commute was pleasant instead of the soul sucking hell hole of rage that encapsulates driving in the bay area.

I read a lot and listened to music. It was pleasant.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The trick is to open your window when you're farting (also lean to raise your left cheek) so it clears out as fast as possible. It sticks around when you let it fester in the seat.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Drive-By Crop Dust

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ross Angeles posted:

I listen to 1090 and 1360 in the mornings and want to drive off the Coronado bridge

I have to drive that loving bridge every time I go to work.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I have to drive that loving bridge every time I go to work.

It's terrifying and I hate it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ross Angeles posted:

It's terrifying and I hate it

It's not terrifying, it's just tiresome.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The trick is to open your window when you're farting (also lean to raise your left cheek) so it clears out as fast as possible. It sticks around when you let it fester in the seat.

??? But then you don't get to bask in the glory of what you have created

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sharzak posted:

??? But then you don't get to bask in the glory of what you have created

If you are a real man, then you'd still get a good whiff even if it's diluted :colbert:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
The real trick is opening the back seat window so they fart is blown out the car instead of being spun around the backseat in a mini vortex of Doritos and beef jerky

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You open the windows only after you enjoy the rich smell. Much like spitting out a fine wine after tasting it.

A good post buffalo wing musk is my favorite vintage, imho.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

You open the windows only after you enjoy the rich smell. Much like spitting out a fine wine after tasting it.

A good post buffalo wing musk is my favorite vintage, imho.

Especially if you've had a few beers. sort of thickens the whole thing up.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

This thread has become one musty fart trapped in an old, nasty car.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

This thread has become one musty fart trapped in an old, nasty car.

Much like...the Chargers!!!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ride a bus and share your farts with the world

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/mar/04/comic-con-convention-expansion/

Just in case anyone was confused, Comic-con itself wants a contiguous expansion of the convention center in SD. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any drawings or mockups from the Chargers for their proposal.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The San Diego Chargers are hoping hotel guests will help foot the bill for a new downtown stadium, according to a financing plan the team is seriously considering.

The financing plan also involves the construction of a hybrid stadium and convention center.

Currently, hotel visitors have a ten-and-a-half-percent tax on their room. The Chargers want that raised another six-percent, with five-percent of that going towards the new stadium.

The remaining one-percent would go into a tourism marketing fund to promote San Diego. The goal would be to fill up the hotels with guests.

Attorney and San Diego State lecturer Seth Kaplowitz said the Chargers' plan has a lot of moving parts. He said it is too early to know if those parts will ever fit together, like getting hoteliers to support the higher tax.

"I see this as an uphill battle. That additional room cost is going to make tourists shy away from coming to San Diego," said Kaplowitz.

A Chargers source confirmed that they are "in the process of speaking with the entire range of parties" that would be involved with this project; however, "at this moment, that option does not have the support of key players."

As for the November ballot, because it is a citizen's initiative and not by the government, the Chargers may only need a simple majority to pass, but an official ruling on that still has to be determined.

The Chargers estimate the hotel tax would bring in $350 million. The team itself would contribute $350 million, and the NFL has promised $300 million, giving the project one billion dollars in funding.

The mayor's office said it would not comment until the Chargers proposal is officially released.

Councilman David Alvarez released a statement saying he had not seen the proposal, but called what he has heard so far "disturbing" and urges voters to approach it with great caution.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

"I see this as an uphill battle. That additional room cost is going to make tourists shy away from coming to San Diego," said Kaplowitz.

lol people don't plan their vacations according to room taxes, see: Las Vegas.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Shut up and build the stadium David Alvarez.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Shut up and build the stadium David Alvarez.

gently caress David Alvarez. Like that's going to be the make or break point for anyone coming to San Diego

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Road trip was successful, whoever recommended that drove from Pinnacles to Hollister was rad, thanks!

Your state is too expensive, but cool. I did manage Yosemite but I got seriously stock halfway to the upper falls, so that just means I'll have to come back.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kiimo posted:

lol people don't plan their vacations according to room taxes, see: Las Vegas.

I'm not sure I've ever looked into what the "fees" are, just the end cost

poo poo, I don't even know what Washington DC's sales tax is and I buy lunch in that city every day for the last five years.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

MatildaTheHun posted:

Road trip was successful, whoever recommended that drove from Pinnacles to Hollister was rad, thanks!

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it. This is the perfect time of year to do it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ESPN posted:

The authority that operates O.co Coliseum has approved a new lease extension for the Oakland Raiders that more than triples the team's rent to use the stadium and its training facility in nearby Alameda.

The Oakland Tribune reported Friday that the team will now shell out $3.5 million in rent, up from the $925,000 it paid last season.

The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority approved the agreement at a meeting Friday morning. It now heads to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors and Oakland City Council, which must approve the deal.

Coliseum Executive Director Scott McKibben says the rent hike accounts for increased costs for game-day security, among other factors, the newspaper reported.

"We're more or less trying to pass along some of these (costs) to the Raiders, which is not unlike any other NFL team," McKibben said, according to the Tribune. "I spent a lot of time visiting with a lot of other NFL teams and this has been customary throughout the league. And quite honestly at the end of the day the Raiders were very cooperative with us on that."

Authority officials say the extension, which includes options to play in Oakland for two additional seasons, opens the door for a long-term stadium plan in Oakland.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Sash! posted:

I'm not sure I've ever looked into what the "fees" are, just the end cost

poo poo, I don't even know what Washington DC's sales tax is and I buy lunch in that city every day for the last five years.

Usually the price on the side of the food truck includes the tax.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
They should have artist renditions of the Chargers proposed stadium this week, as well as submitting the plan.

If they only need a majority vote, they've got a chance. Especially considering the Chargers are stepping up to the plate and offering a 30-year lease and offering additional money in the terms.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

They should have artist renditions of the Chargers proposed stadium this week, as well as submitting the plan.

If they only need a majority vote, they've got a chance. Especially considering the Chargers are stepping up to the plate and offering a 30-year lease and offering additional money in the terms.

Everything I've heard is saying two thirds, and lol at that ever passing

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Everything I've heard is saying two thirds, and lol at that ever passing

The weed tourists got a recent court case through some appeals so far that said that tax hikes requiring 2/3 vote only applies to government action. A fee increase through a citizen's initiative process would only require 50%+1 if it holds up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers are targeting 2022 for a possible downtown stadium opening date lol

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Chargers are targeting 2022 for a possible downtown stadium opening date lol

I still don't get the Chargers strategy here. Didn't they accept the la move? Why did they announce that so early if they're still trying to get their sd stadium deal done? Doesn't having a foot out the door torpedo their chances at the poll?

Also, gently caress the Chargers. Bend over and prepare for Carr and cooper and Mack.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 30, 2016

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I was thinking today, the typical response when a team might be for sale (like the Titans atm) is to joke about them moving. But all three of the owners in the LA train wreck have owned their teams for a while now, especially if you count the Davises as a single family

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
While I wouldn't blame the voters here one iota if they told the Spanos family to go have sex with themselves, the impact on the locals shouldn't be all that much. And it certainly appears to be of a smaller percentage than residents of other cities have recently had to pay for new stadiums in their cities.

The real bullshit is the hotels saying they oppose the HOT (hotel occupancy tax) when they were all for a HOT bump of almost the exact same amount a few years back when the conversation was exclusively surrounding a convention center expansion.

David Alvarez is a milquetoast wet blanket who wants to make San Diego into an artsy town full of public murals and artisanal huarache kiosks (or, ya know, something like that) yet also seems like the type that in traditional SD city council fashion should be sufficiently bought off if they can find the right boondoggle for him.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ron Jeremy posted:

I still don't get the Chargers strategy here. Didn't they accept the la move? Why did they announce that so early if they're still trying to get their sd stadium deal done? Doesn't having a foot out the door torpedo their chances at the poll?

League's not going to penalize them for backing out of the agreement thanks to getting a stadium deal done in San Diego, and if they don't get one done they ensure the Raiders can't move to LA. It's no longer "Give us what we want or maybe we'll move if the league accepts our application for relocation and things go a certain way with an ownership vote allowing the move & getting a stadium plan approved"; it's now "Give us what we want or we're gone" & sometimes that can swing a vote.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I like the new proposal but San Diego is still filled with a bunch of angry old people who will vote for Trump this year so the likelihood of anything passing is around .001%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

League's not going to penalize them for backing out of the agreement thanks to getting a stadium deal done in San Diego, and if they don't get one done they ensure the Raiders can't move to LA. It's no longer "Give us what we want or maybe we'll move if the league accepts our application for relocation and things go a certain way with an ownership vote allowing the move & getting a stadium plan approved"; it's now "Give us what we want or we're gone" & sometimes that can swing a vote.

I suppose the interesting part about all this is that the Chargers are still working within the framework of what will fly with voters and what won't in order to get a stadium deal done. They aren't trying to strongarm the city into something that they really, really don't want to do (raise general taxes for a stadium). They did that once already with the intent of showing they couldn't get a deal done and HAD to move to Carson. Now that Carson is off the table, their options are try to get a deal done here or go in with Kroenke in LA, and that's about it. Now that they're making a good-faith effort for a stadium in San Diego, they're showing their intention pretty plainly and they don't want to go to LA. They will if they can't seal the deal here, but they don't like it.

Everyone knows that the Chargers would be the bottom-feeder in the pecking order of major sports team in LA below the Clippers, and the Spanos family can't ignore that fact. As a bottom-tier team, they aren't going to see a strong contingent of San Diego fans going up there or growing the fanbase in LA. It's not entirely a losing proposition because they'll still make money going to LA, but it's a dead-end with little to no room to grow. That leaves San Diego being the better option compared to going to LA: retain the fanbase, get a stadium that isn't Qualcomm, and don't have to worry about players jumping ship because of the move, if that ever turns into a thing. A few more years in Qualcomm isn't going to kill them.

• Locked thread