Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

A magic link to the past looking fairy came while I slept and made my potatoes mature in one night, A+ game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Are the people marked ??? in the ESC menu people you havent' been introduced to yet, or is there no in-game way to track that?

yeah

they don't all count for the "meet everyone" quest because some of them are blocked by story

edit:

gently caress you

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 26, 2016

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

yeah

they don't all count for the "meet everyone" quest because some of them are blocked by story

edit:

gently caress you

I found him walking outside to the south of his house at around 5.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Am I dumb or can your character not sit on chairs

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Delaio posted:

I stared at him until it was 3.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
There are two blond women and a guy in a green shirt with glasses that I still need to meet, any idea who those are? They're at the bottom of the people list if that means anything.

e: Also the Wizard but he doesn't seem to count for the quest plus it's obvious which one he is.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There are two blond women and a guy in a green shirt with glasses that I still need to meet, any idea who those are? They're at the bottom of the people list if that means anything.

e: Also the Wizard but he doesn't seem to count for the quest plus it's obvious which one he is.

Sounds like Pam, Haley and Harvey. Harvey is the doctor in the clinic right beside the general store, Haley is around town a lot and Pam is in the trailer on the town-side of the river, I believe.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

Pam is in the trailer on the town-side of the river, I believe.

Pam frequents the saloon most days.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sounds like Pam, Haley and Harvey. Harvey is the doctor in the clinic right beside the general store, Haley is around town a lot and Pam is in the trailer on the town-side of the river, I believe.

I've met Pam and Haley, but it looks like the list moves people around according to some organizational scheme I don't understand.

Harvey's a start, though, so thanks for that!

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've been playing for about 5 hours straight and decided to take a break.

I love this game. It's everything I liked about the old school Harvest Moons, with lots of great improvements. Townspeople seem really cool, there's vague references to the larger world that are intriguing, Wizard-induced drug trip was awesome, and watering crops is so much improved with m+kb over the harvest moon analog stick dance. No complaints, everything is awesome. For what it's worth, I haven't ran into a single glitch yet.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Literally just randomly found Leah after 10 days

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Welp, word of warning. You have to hand in whatever you're upgrading at the blacksmith for a couple of days.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Man I suck at the fishing minigame. I have gotten exactly one fish.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Where can I store my poo poo. Got too much in the ol' inventory. Can I just throw it on the ground and leave it???

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Ddraig posted:

Fucks sake, Clint, I've got like 50 loving copper ore. Why will you not accept it?

Do you need pure, untouched ore from the depths of the mines or something?

Inspect ore quest? Yes, exactly that. The counter for it only went up once I went mining. Feels a little cheap, but on the other hand, since this quest lets you keep your ore...
Do these quests repeat?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Where can I store my poo poo. Got too much in the ol' inventory. Can I just throw it on the ground and leave it???

You can craft chests out of 50 wood each.

Esc -> Hammer icon.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Aw poo poo, thanks homie.

Also ya'll dudes stay the hell away from Demetrius.

He's mine.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Pro tip: Check out the community centre once you've met the Wizard.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Babe Magnet posted:

Aw poo poo, thanks homie.

Also ya'll dudes stay the hell away from Demetrius.

He's mine.

Bad news, he's married. To the carpenter lady. Who I was hoping to woo myself. :argh:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ddraig posted:

Pro tip: Check out the community centre once you've met the Wizard.

This seems to be the way to progress, so yeah, probably a good idea.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I just want to say Funcrusher is a really awesome guy. He somehow remembered a deal we made months and months ago where he would gift me Stardew, and he did!

...problem is he beat me to the punch of asking him to wait for a sale since MP isn't in yet, so he'd save the money.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just started out. Only real complaint so far is that time feels like it moves too fast, or the default run speed is too slow.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i was thinking of gay marrying, but all the single dudes are irritating. gonna play the field for awhile, see if haley's got any hidden depths.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

try to save up 2000 gold for the backpack in the general store early on, it opens up another bar in your inventory which is amazing

also the next and maybe final upgrade adds yet another bar and is 10k gold

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thinking about dating blue haired chick when I get home

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, I built a chest to hold stuff. It doesn't seem like I can put it in the house, so it's outside for right now. Is this a glitch, or is the chest not considered furniture, so it doesn't go inside? I don't really mind it outside, but it's got me curious.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Delaio posted:

He goes to the bar friday night to play pool, that was probably it.

edit: Also, regarding runspeed:

Chances are there's things that will increase movespeed permanently.

egg tats fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 27, 2016

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Where on earth does Leah hide out all day? I ran into her once during the evening by the lake, but now that I have a quest for her she's nowhere to be seen.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Bad news, he's married. To the carpenter lady. Who I was hoping to woo myself. :argh:

Love finds a way.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

senae posted:

He goes to the bar friday night to play pool, that was probably it.

edit: Also, regarding runspeed:

Chances are there's things that will increase movespeed permanently.

Maybe if I drink 100 cups of it time will slow down.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, I built a chest to hold stuff. It doesn't seem like I can put it in the house, so it's outside for right now. Is this a glitch, or is the chest not considered furniture, so it doesn't go inside? I don't really mind it outside, but it's got me curious.

You can't put things next to walls, for some reason.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Is there an easy way to get rocks? I need to build a chicken coop and while wood flows like water rocks around your house are quite a grind.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Berious posted:

Is there an easy way to get rocks? I need to build a chicken coop and while wood flows like water rocks around your house are quite a grind.

The Mine in the north east.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

mcvey posted:

The Mine in the north east.

Cool thanks!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Game, you can't give me Super Saiyan hair and not expect me to make Goku.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Holy poo poo

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
cool money tip if you're struggling to get that first backpack: chop down a bunch of trees and take 300 wood to the beach so you can rebuild the bridge, the area across it has a bunch of little tidal pools and coral/urchins that sell for some nice change

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Protip: Don't ever go to bed at full exhaustion. I did, and recovered only about 1/3 of the energy bar for the next day.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Can I get rocks for decoration somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Don't ever get to full exhaustion because you move slow as gently caress.

Also I'm digging mustache doctor man.