Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I love Connor Hawke so I'm predictably glad he exists and is the future GA, though honestly they probably coulda just gone with an adult William for this part. Or...poo poo, if they had Connor be William in the first place. I think Connor being John Jr. was probably the best we could hope for with what we were given, but it still ends up a little weird 'cuz like, okay, so where does the alias Connor Hawke come from? Internet name generator? Why not at least have him be Connor Diggle? That scene just felt kinda random.

I did like how everything ended, with an Oliver and a Diggle out to fix the city, like how it all began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Love triangle subplot was dumb. Shame they couldn't give them anything else to do.

At least it was played for laughs and is, hopefully, contained to just this episode.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mick is still the best.

Future Star City was a good timeline because Ollie said Felicity left. Sure the city is in ruins, but it's a price worth paying.

Love triangle subplot was dumb. Shame they couldn't give them anything else to do.

Mick should take out Savage next episode and become the new over-arching threat.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

At least it was played for laughs and is, hopefully, contained to just this episode.

Yea. It wasn't aggressively terrible like the Arrow love plots, but just kinda meh.

Please god let it be a one off thing though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

BrianWilly posted:

I love Connor Hawke so I'm predictably glad he exists and is the future GA, though honestly they probably coulda just gone with an adult William for this part. Or...poo poo, if they had Connor be William in the first place. I think Connor being John Jr. was probably the best we could hope for with what we were given, but it still ends up a little weird 'cuz like, okay, so where does the alias Connor Hawke come from? Internet name generator? Why not at least have him be Connor Diggle? That scene just felt kinda random.

I did like how everything ended, with an Oliver and a Diggle out to fix the city, like how it all began.

Maybe Lyla comes up with The Hawke as her cool Argus code name because Waller was The Wall. :shrug:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ville Valo posted:

Maybe Lyla comes up with The Hawke as her cool Argus code name because Waller was The Wall. :shrug:

I thought she was Harbinger?

Edit: Lol Rip look so bored while Connor and Oliver and Sara have an emotional reunion.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 26, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Watching Bag of Hormones and Dorky White Guy competing to hook up with Hawkgirl (who clearly just wants everyone to leave her the gently caress alone) was probably the most fun I've had on a "love triange" arc like this and I have every confidence that "aawwwwww you got me buddy :haw:" thing at the end means we will never seen a reprise.

This show is so great :allears: Now can we go back in time and prevent Felicity from dying her hair blonde and getting that weird medical condition where her voice quivers all the time?

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
What year did this future take place? I thought they said 2046 but for that to be true how is grant wilson so young if he mentioned by slade 35 years prior.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Sorry accidental double post.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Next time on the adventures of Senior Citizen Green Arrow.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cute n Popular posted:

Next time on the adventures of Senior Citizen Green Arrow.

They need a new mayor after all the gangs are routed and it's basically Ollie and the Question yelling at each other for two months.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

They need a new mayor after all the gangs are routed and it's basically Ollie and the Question yelling at each other for two months.

I'd watch it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Heatwave taking the bosses jacket and becoming the new boss was great. I love Heatwave and Capt Cold.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm really disappointed that Ollie didn't fire arrows with his mouth. That would have been so good.

It was still great, but it could have been so much better.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

I'm really disappointed that Ollie didn't fire arrows with his mouth. That would have been so good.

I realize you're trying to say he'd be holding the bowstring with his teeth or something, but the image I have in my mind from your comment is oh so much better and I'm just not willing to give it up. I'm also disappointed we didn't get to see this.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

King of Solomon posted:

Protip: the force required to pull a tooth is a lot less than the force required to draw those bows.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kesper North posted:

Protip: the force required to pull a tooth is a lot less than the force required to draw those bows.

Just splash a little mirakuru on those teeth.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm not done watching the episode yet but old Oliver Queen looks like loving Peter O'Toole in Man of La Mancha.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm not done watching the episode yet but old Oliver Queen looks like loving Peter O'Toole in Man of La Mancha.

Arrow would be loving fantastic as a live musical stage production. Write a new show each week, break some ground.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kesper North posted:

I'm sure they could have figured something out using specially designed props or CGI.

Neat information anyway. Kinda obvious when you think about it.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

XboxPants posted:

Arrow would be loving fantastic as a live musical stage production. Write a new show each week, break some ground.

I guarantee that Barrowman's been pushing for this since day one of production

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

King of Solomon posted:

He lost his left arm in this version, so it's more likely he'd be holding the bow with his teeth. I'd have dug a Berserk-style cyborg-wrist-crossbow, though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CainsDescendant posted:

I guarantee that Barrowman's been pushing for this since day one of production

That's gonna be the big Arrow / Flash / Supergirl crossover - the villain will be Neil Patrick Harris reprising his role as Music Meister from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Best episode of the series by far, and I don't think its a coincidence that its the only one to not have Vandal Savage in it.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SalTheBard posted:

Heatwave taking the bosses jacket and becoming the new boss was great. I love Heatwave and Capt Cold.

I liked how brutal and instantaneous that was. Take out the alpha male and the whole gang follows the new guy without even knowing who he is.

And Caity was badass again. Great episode even though the comedy relief of the high school relationship storyline was silly.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I can't remember if they covered it but did they just out Oliver Queen as Green Arrow to Captain Cold and Heatwave? Kinda seems like a dick move given that they'll inevitably end up back in their own timelines.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It's not like Oliver actually keeps his secret identity secret, they would have learned it within 5 minutes of entering Star City anyway

Damien Dahrk is the only guy who doesn't know

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
More shows should take the Supergirl approach to secret identities.

That being, "only keep it a secret from the proven vindictive characters with the ability to out you to the world."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kegslayer posted:

I can't remember if they covered it but did they just out Oliver Queen as Green Arrow to Captain Cold and Heatwave? Kinda seems like a dick move given that they'll inevitably end up back in their own timelines.

Harrison Wells figured it out in about 30 seconds last season on The Flash (though he probably just went into his time bunker and asked Gideon).

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Didn't they just call him Oliver? Not that it would be too hard to put together at that point anyway.

There's probably a few Ollie's in star city, but not too many that know Ray Palmer, and the Lance family.

Really, Capitan Cold would be a hero on Arrow, what with the no killing rule, and having some sense of honor.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

It's not like Oliver actually keeps his secret identity secret, they would have learned it within 5 minutes of entering Star City anyway

Damien Dahrk is the only guy who doesn't know

its probably on the city's welcome sign at this point

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Dead Snoopy posted:

its probably on the city's welcome sign at this point

Welcome to Star City
Pop. 500,000
Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow
Don't Tell Iris Damien Dahrk

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

8one6 posted:

Welcome to Star City
Pop. 500,000
Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow
He Has a Son
Don't Tell Felicity

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

Really, Capitan Cold would be a hero on Arrow, what with the no killing rule, and having some sense of honor.

He's practically already a hero at this point. He's basically just making excuses to everyone now, "I'm totally not a good guy bro, seriously! Look, I stole this wallet I'm evil.".

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 26, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Snart is definitely an anti hero at this point, sorta like Catwoman, rather than an out and out villain.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'll never get tired of seeing Ray screwing up/losing in general in every episode.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Anyone notice Rory not firing at all during the rescue. They're so setting up a showdown.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I guess the Arrowverse has set up Cold as a bad guy with possibly some hidden good guy impulses. Maybe. But a better argument against Mick would be that in the wasteland future, there'd be nothing really worth stealing. The Rogues don't lead gangs, they just steal stuff, because they like stealing stuff.

I get that things have to be changed for purposes of visual adaptation, and fidelity to comic books isn't important at all. I don't get Cold's motivation, though, unless this is a lead-up to him being Citizen Cold.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jack of Hearts posted:

I guess the Arrowverse has set up Cold as a bad guy with possibly some hidden good guy impulses. Maybe. But a better argument against Mick would be that in the wasteland future, there'd be nothing really worth stealing. The Rogues don't lead gangs, they just steal stuff, because they like stealing stuff.

I get that things have to be changed for purposes of visual adaptation, and fidelity to comic books isn't important at all. I don't get Cold's motivation, though, unless this is a lead-up to him being Citizen Cold.

I thought Mick said he isn't all about stealing he just wants to watch the world burn. Stealing is just a convienant way of causing chaos while being able to be lazy after while you sit on stacks of cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

I thought Mick said he isn't all about stealing he just wants to watch the world burn. Stealing is just a convienant way of causing chaos while being able to be lazy after while you sit on stacks of cash

Mick wants to destroy. He's an arsonist at heart and steals only to be able to burn more. Cold is a thief and enjoys the "game" and the challenge that comes with being a thief. In a lawless world, while there's a bounty to steal, there's no challenge and Cold needs that challenge.

• Locked thread