Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

On Earth 2, Captain Cold was Mayor Cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
That was by far the best episode of the entire aggressively mediocre run this show has had, coincidentally it didn't have Savage, also coincidentally it was an arrow episode more or less. I don't want this show to get cancelled but if it does I hope everyone goes back to their respective shows.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

King of Solomon posted:

I'm really disappointed that Ollie didn't fire arrows with his mouth. That would have been so good.

It was still great, but it could have been so much better.

This. If you're going to have the nod to DKR with him missing an arm in the future, go all out.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

That was by far the best episode of the entire aggressively mediocre run this show has had, coincidentally it didn't have Savage, also coincidentally it was an arrow episode more or less. I don't want this show to get cancelled but if it does I hope everyone goes back to their respective shows.

It was great because it actually took place in the future, which is what you would expect from a show called "Legends of Tomorrow". That's what this show should be about : traveling to different times and places in the future, all of them different possibilities, some good and some bad, and dealing with the various implications of those possibilities like they did in this episode. Kind of like The Flash's "different Earths" idea, but across time instead of multiverses.

I really disliked that this episode was so Arrow-oriented though, mostly because I hate the way they do the fight choreography on Arrow and we saw a lot of that.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've really enjoyed this show so far, warts and all, but the first few episodes being set in the 70's and 80's was pretty dumb. All of history was on the table, and they went with hippies and commies. I'm still holding out hope that they go way back and end up being the inspiration for the Greek pantheon or something fun like that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It would be better if Savage had more of an active plan he was clearly working towards that the team needed to stop.

I think Degaton would have been a better villain, because he can jump back and forth through time and they'd have to chase him, ending up in places they don't expect, rather than just going to places where they know Savage will be, if you get what I mean.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

Rip has the wimpiest gun of all time. It even makes a high pitched "pew pew" sound.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Xelkelvos posted:

Mick wants to destroy. He's an arsonist at heart and steals only to be able to burn more. Cold is a thief and enjoys the "game" and the challenge that comes with being a thief. In a lawless world, while there's a bounty to steal, there's no challenge and Cold needs that challenge.

CW wan'ts Crowley 2.0.

I'm not too familiar with the comic book character but my understanding is that he doesn't go around murdering people/metas because logically, that's going to bring the whole house of cards tumbling down. Kill a speedster, get Superman, the closest thing to a god the planet has, knocking on your door for retribution.

I was a bit wary of Legends turning him from a crook clever enough to know his limits to an anti-hero, but the CW loves them their sweet tweencrushing anti-heroes.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The most "anti-hero" thing Snart has done has been joining the team in the first place. Remember that he wanted to leave Palmer in a gulag before Mick insisted on taking him.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
He also gave a big speech to Sara about not having to kill Stein. Then again, maybe he was just trying to get into her assassin-tight pants.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

computer parts posted:

The most "anti-hero" thing Snart has done has been joining the team in the first place. Remember that he wanted to leave Palmer in a gulag before Mick insisted on taking him.

Well he put Palmer's suit in his pocket so he'd have a chance to get out on his own.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Maybe in season 5 the team can fight Darkseid across time and space.

And Snart will be there to steal his wallet.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

Well he put Palmer's suit in his pocket so he'd have a chance to get out on his own.

Which is pretty funny if you remember the whole kerfuffle with Ray leaving some of his suit in the past.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Wheat Loaf posted:

It would be better if Savage had more of an active plan he was clearly working towards that the team needed to stop.

I dunno, he doesn't really have much reason to have one at the moment. So far they've just been a band of incompetent fools who show up at random to inconvenience and irritate him, like the time-travelling equivalent of the Showtime kids on the New York subway.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Jack of Hearts posted:

I guess the Arrowverse has set up Cold as a bad guy with possibly some hidden good guy impulses. Maybe. But a better argument against Mick would be that in the wasteland future, there'd be nothing really worth stealing. The Rogues don't lead gangs, they just steal stuff, because they like stealing stuff.

I get that things have to be changed for purposes of visual adaptation, and fidelity to comic books isn't important at all. I don't get Cold's motivation, though, unless this is a lead-up to him being Citizen Cold.

That whole thing was dumb, all Snart needed to do was point out to Mick that when everyone else went back to 2016, the universe he stayed in would cease to exist.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

God, Rip is the loving worst. Smug rear end in a top hat.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's gonna be the big Arrow / Flash / Supergirl crossover - the villain will be Neil Patrick Harris reprising his role as Music Meister from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who has been pushing this.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Neil Patrick Harris could totally work on the Flash because he's one of the most famous jays around.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm glad i'm not the only one who has been pushing this.

Everyone has been pushing this ever since Arrow/Flash got so many actors with singing experience. And one from Glee.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

Neil Patrick Harris could totally work on the Flash because he's one of the most famous jays around.

I think the Flash has more than enough Jays

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Four Score posted:

I think the Flash has more than enough Jays

They've got enough Jays to last for Jays

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Bruceski posted:

Everyone has been pushing this ever since Arrow/Flash got so many actors with singing experience. And one from Glee.

I've been wanting this since day 1. There should be a campaign by now, or someone should ask the producers directly.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Krad posted:

I've been wanting this since day 1. There should be a campaign by now, or someone should ask the producers directly.

Its springtime for Savage?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Already happened in Earth-3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQfW9oK1G4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Wrong thread but bravo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Wrong thread but bravo.

Don't worry, you can't get the jay just by being exposed to it. Being jay's not contagious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can I catch it hanging out at the Jay bathhouses?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Quit jaying up this thread, take that poo poo over to the Jay Flash thread you Jays

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So, people liked this episode? I was pretty bored with it, except for Rory and Snart. The Ray/Kendra/Jax/Stein bit was dumb, although Ray was quite likeable, which was a nice change. The future-Arrow stuff was mostly tedious because I don't give a poo poo about Diggle's non-existent son (and why didn't they make it his daughter?) or Slade Wilson's even more non-existent son. That bit where Sara "recognised" him was really dumb. It was incredibly obvious that it wasn't Slade, so I thought for a second that her being so sure meant they'd just recast him and expected us just to accept that. Then he takes off his mask and it's just some dude. Who cares. Also none of this actually happens because they'll go back and change the past.

Also, didn't Rip say he specifically chose them because pulling them out of time would have no impact on history? If they can go back and prevent this future then that's apparently bullshit as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did anyone else think that Ray's "Rip Hunter recruited us to become LEGENDS" line was the worst loving thing in the series thus far?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Did anyone else think that Ray's "Rip Hunter recruited us to become LEGENDS" line was the worst loving thing in the series thus far?

No because Hawkman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Also, how many episodes until we get a future/past Hawkman to replace the dead one?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

YES haha I don't know how to put it into words exactly why it was so painful but it bugged the poo poo out of me too. It reminded me of Kenny Powers telling everybody he is going to be a pro ball player again or something.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

computer parts posted:

Also, how many episodes until we get a future/past Hawkman to replace the dead one?

Only if it's 1860's Hawkman and he's super racist. With mutton chops and a serious, inappropriate bias against Jax.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rhyno posted:

It's okay because by the end of the season, the punchline will be that no one will ever know they saved the world across time. It already happened in the weekly 52 comics.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Xealot posted:

Only if it's 1860's Hawkman and he's super racist. With mutton chops and a serious, inappropriate bias against Jax.
...and Stein.

computer parts posted:

How many episodes until Hawk meets an earlier incarnation of herself ?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Gathering an army of devout followers and taking over the planet is not enough of an active plan?!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Also, Ray Palmer is totally gonna die in the finale.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I liked it. The man desperately wants a legacy and to be remembered. It's something naive and stupid that I could image Palmer to say while the rest of them all roll their eyes at him.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, Ray Palmer is totally gonna die in the finale.

His costume supposedly costs more than the average American home so I think he's going to be around forever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So everyone's realized by now that the team composition is basically Community, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ray is Britta.

• Locked thread