Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I have a pet peeve about people saying something doesn't have any nutrition. It may be damned unhealthy for you, but carbs, protein, sodium, fat, water, &c. are all nutrients.

e: :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Fooled by Instant Noodles"

poo poo, and all this time I thought my diet of 6 ramen packets a day was good for me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

belt posted:

"Fooled by Instant Noodles"

poo poo, and all this time I thought my diet of 6 ramen packets a day was good for me.

You're still alive, aren't you? That's good enough.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

tviolet posted:

This Dr. Mercola website is full of bullshit claims. From http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html :

'Chemicals' is the new 'Toxins'.

I was quite surprised to find out excitotoxin is an actual thing and not made up garbage.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

change my name posted:

"Hi I'm a pendantic rear end in a top hat"

So... Guy doesn't think beverages should be on a site called Eater? That's smart

Edit: well I thought I refreshed...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I would love to see the Venn diagram of people who cite that they're strict Constitutionalists and completely misunderstand the First Amendment.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Boywhiz88 posted:

I would love to see the Venn diagram of people who cite that they're strict Constitutionalists and completely misunderstand the First Amendment.

I am invoking my First Amendment right to call you a poopyhead!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Boywhiz88 posted:

Drives me mad too. Maybe we should turn up on their doorstep and incessantly talk about things that oppose their viewpoint, and then incorrectly cite the 1st Amendment and demand that he lets us continue.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
You guys, my 10 year high school reunion is coming this summer, so I got added against my will to the Facebook group. Pretty standard stuff. A few usual suspects have facial tattoos, one has methed up teeth and a juggalo parent profile picture. The super goth girl is now the most Basic bitch ever. There has been a request for a "toddler-friendly" venue. The organizer is a trip though . I actually have no idea who she is, so I went to her personal page.

Followed by this article: 75 times Obama broke the law during his presidency on infowars.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Feb 29, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

All lives matter, except the lives of people who gainsay BLM on some "all lives matter"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

tviolet posted:

This Dr. Mercola website is full of bullshit claims. From http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html :

'Chemicals' is the new 'Toxins'.

This is slightly more fancy than the one going around claiming that ramen is coated in a thin layer of wax, which you, a lifeform that literally uses strong acid to dissolve things, cannot dissolve. Because reasons.

For some reason this wax is unlike the actual edible waxes you find on candy, which is not cancerous. Also because reasons.

Also, I can't believe the "MSG will kill you" poo poo is still going around.

I understood some of these words individually.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

cash crab posted:

This is slightly more fancy than the one going around claiming that ramen is coated in a thin layer of wax, which you, a lifeform that literally uses strong acid to dissolve things, cannot dissolve. Because reasons.

For some reason this wax is unlike the actual edible waxes you find on candy, which is not cancerous. Also because reasons.

Those idiots. The wax is there to protect you from the MSG and other chemicals and toxins. The wax coats your insides and the MSG and bad stuff pass through you safely unabsorbed by your body. You shouldn't take a break from eating ramen - you should eat more. The more wax coats you get, the more impervious you will be to toxins and chemicals. It's just like how more wax coats protect your car. It's just basic science, people.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cash crab posted:

I understood some of these words individually.

if its wax, shouldn't it melt away when you boil it?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

cash crab posted:

So, this wax... keeps the noodles from sticking to each other when cooking. And it stays on. While cooking.

Is it supposed to be some kind of unmelting wax or what?

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

If you want to argue that pedophilia is a mental illness, then technically every pedophile is mentally ill. Though that gets into some rather uncomfortable implications about exactly what gets classified as a mental illness (is a foot fetish a mental illness, or does it only count if it hurts kids?).

The sad part is that there's actually plenty of pedophiles who are ashamed of it and resisting the urge because they know it's harmful, but it's virtually impossible for them to get help because even admitting the attraction results in them immediately becoming a pariah and anyone who tries to help them in ways other than immediate imprisonment and watch lists gets accused of being a kiddy diddler themselves.

That is the definition of a mental disorder though. Anyone can have weird quirks or issues, but when they start negatively impacting your well being or those around you then it becomes a disorder. People can have a foot fetish and it only crosses over into becoming one when you cannot have sex unless it's related to feet, or it causes you distress frequently when you have sex.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Puppy Time posted:

So, this wax... keeps the noodles from sticking to each other when cooking. And it stays on. While cooking.

Is it supposed to be some kind of unmelting wax or what?

Don't worry about it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

change my name posted:

"Hi I'm a pendantic rear end in a top hat"

Chocolate-covered coffee beans are a snack that people snack on.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Karma Monkey posted:

Those idiots. The wax is there to protect you from the MSG and other chemicals and toxins. The wax coats your insides and the MSG and bad stuff pass through you safely unabsorbed by your body. You shouldn't take a break from eating ramen - you should eat more. The more wax coats you get, the more impervious you will be to toxins and chemicals. It's just like how more wax coats protect your car. It's just basic science, people.

I like the cut of your jib.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Where can I buy this wax in bulk?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Picnic Princess posted:

Just make some fresh pasta and mix in some good carnauba wax, when you eat it, it'll keep your innards impervious to toxins and give your skin and hair a soft, healthy shine and feel.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
They want to impeach Obama and make Joe Biden president? :confused: They think that Mitt Romney becomes president if Obama is impeached then?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Come to think of it, what happens if something happens to a sitting president between the nomination season and the next inauguration? Like, does the vice president become president, but they just kind of sit around and do nothing but awkwardly pose for photos because they don't have any time to do anything and it's too late for them to campaign for an actual term?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Picnic Princess posted:

Don't waste your money buying wax, just get one of these and harvest your own. It's from your own body, so you know it's safe and pure.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Karma Monkey posted:

Don't waste your money buying wax, just get one of these and harvest your own. It's from your own body, so you know it's safe and pure.

:barf:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I thought MSG went out of style because some people were allergic/sensitive to it and it caused headaches etc?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

"Yes, I know the KKK has existed since after the Civil War. But have you considered that this is maybe BLM's fault? Checkmate, Obama."

TheDon01 posted:

I thought MSG went out of style because some people were allergic/sensitive to it and it caused headaches etc?

No real correlation was ever found/reproduced in a clinical setting. Even if a few people were getting headaches from it, it doesn't make sense to create such a massive crusade against it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

TheDon01 posted:

MSG sensitivity isn't a thing. MSG went out of style because lovely people spread false information that was rooted in anti-Asian racism. It's starting to come back due to enough articles saying "MSG IS FINE!".

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

cash crab posted:

"Yes, I know the KKK has existed since after the Civil War. But have you considered that this is maybe BLM's fault? Checkmate, Obama."

It's also definitely unrelated to Trump's rhetoric bringing outright racists out of the woodwork and making these kinds of views more acceptable.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

goose fleet posted:

Come to think of it, what happens if something happens to a sitting president between the nomination season and the next inauguration? Like, does the vice president become president, but they just kind of sit around and do nothing but awkwardly pose for photos because they don't have any time to do anything and it's too late for them to campaign for an actual term?

Suppose you were really, really malicious. Suppose you wanted to cause the human race all misfortune that you possibly could. Suppose you wanted this mischief to persist as long as the human soul survived.

What, then, would you to do create the worst possible malady for the individual spirit? You would organize the Freemasons, of course.

Secret societies are not devised to obliterate traditional governments – instead, the Masons are designed solely to annihilate the personalities of the members.

Here’s where things get devious. You don’t tell the new initiates what you are really doing. As an alternative, you inform the new recruits how they are going to change the world. But you say that the apprentice needs to go through certain rituals in order transmute himself into the kind of citizen that will populate this new society.

What the lodge-masters do not ever reveal is that these very rites are calculated to destroy the soul of the initiate. And that was the true intention all along. You see, there are certain occult ceremonies that render a soul eternally unfit for divine paradise. The objective is to have a believer so utterly drat himself that there is no recovery. Consider the act of joining the Freemasons as a ritualized infection. The goal of the Masons is to befoul all that belong.

That is the real reason for an occult order – to contaminate the practitioner. You might so hate this existence that you need to infect everyone you can. You want the entire world to be tainted. You want payback against humanity – and you get the revenge one degree at a time.

Enlightenment has a way of making everything grimy.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

goose fleet posted:

Pretty much. If anything happens to incapacitate the President, the veep takes over for the rest of the term, no matter how short.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Suppose you were really, really malicious. Suppose you wanted to cause the human race all misfortune that you possibly could. Suppose you wanted this mischief to persist as long as the human soul survived.

What, then, would you to do create the worst possible malady for the individual spirit? You would organize the Freemasons, of course.

Secret societies are not devised to obliterate traditional governments – instead, the Masons are designed solely to annihilate the personalities of the members.

Here’s where things get devious. You don’t tell the new initiates what you are really doing. As an alternative, you inform the new recruits how they are going to change the world. But you say that the apprentice needs to go through certain rituals in order transmute himself into the kind of citizen that will populate this new society.

What the lodge-masters do not ever reveal is that these very rites are calculated to destroy the soul of the initiate. And that was the true intention all along. You see, there are certain occult ceremonies that render a soul eternally unfit for divine paradise. The objective is to have a believer so utterly drat himself that there is no recovery. Consider the act of joining the Freemasons as a ritualized infection. The goal of the Masons is to befoul all that belong.

That is the real reason for an occult order – to contaminate the practitioner. You might so hate this existence that you need to infect everyone you can. You want the entire world to be tainted. You want payback against humanity – and you get the revenge one degree at a time.

Enlightenment has a way of making everything grimy.

Oh man, I wanted a sweet parking space but all I got was eternal damnation! Curse you freemasons!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Fashionable Jorts posted:

MSG sensitivity isn't a thing. MSG went out of style because lovely people spread false information that was rooted in anti-Asian racism. It's starting to come back due to enough articles saying "MSG IS FINE!".

It's also loving delicious.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

This just showed up in my local Facebook Buy/Sell group. Too lazy to block out names and it's a public page.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

TheDon01 posted:

This just showed up in my local Facebook Buy/Sell group. Too lazy to block out names and it's a public page.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT MAKE THE KID MOVE

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Does he look like the type that does

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Just wait you guys, a few years of guys nonstop loving their robot wives and then real women will be throwing themselves at our feet begging for the D!'

'Oh and also we'll be breaking the law and hunted down by SWAT and living in sewers but ROBOT WAIFUS YOU GUYS!!!'

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I've been seeing the whole "Sexbots! And then feminists will go away!" thing a lot lately. Not only is it a weird leap of logic that makes no sense, but isn't it far more likely that someone would shut advanced AI down for ethical reasons long before they even made a sexbot?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I've been seeing the whole "Sexbots! And then feminists will go away!" thing a lot lately. Not only is it a weird leap of logic that makes no sense, but isn't it far more likely that someone would shut advanced AI down for ethical reasons long before they even made a sexbot?

Or that they would make fuckbots for the ladies, and gentlemen as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

goose fleet posted:

Byzantine posted:

Pretty much. If anything happens to incapacitate the President, the veep takes over for the rest of the term, no matter how short.

To elaborate on this, John F. Kennedy was the most recent U.S. president to be successfully assassinated, and there was less than a year left in his term when Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in. But was it too late for LBJ to campaign?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k

Johnson is in blue. You bet your rear end he campaigned.