Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
*reports as scam*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking at the 2011 draft thread and it's stupid. What a draft class. Was going to post it in this year's draft thread but it seems really off topic.

Jesus, looking at this draft class it's stupid talented. You have basically a complete all-pro team. 15 of the first rounders have a probowl berth and there's a DPOTY and MVP. Cameron Heyward, Nate Solder and Jimmy Smith are first rounders without probowl berths. You have to go to pick 13 to get a non-QB without a probowl berth, and there's only one non-qb player in the first 16 picks without a probowl.

QB: Newton, Dalton
RB: Murray, Vareen, Ingram
FB: Miller
WR: Green, Jones, Cobb
TE: Thomas, Rudolph, Cameron
T: Smith, Solder, Boling, Kelce, Pouncy, probably others I don't recognize.

DE: Watt, Quinn, Heyward, Wilkerson, Kerrigan, , Jordan, Jesus Christ
DT: Dareus, Liguit (This one's just for Ross), Casey,
LB: Houston, Von, Aldon Smith, *scrapes barrel* Malcolm Smith?, Just tell an end to learn how to cover.
CB: Jimmy Smith, Paterson, Sherman, Maxwell, Harris (Undrafted)
S: ... Rhahim Moore is good, right? Maxwell you're a safety now.

That's... Ridiculous. Has to be the all time best draft class.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Eifert Posting posted:

Whoa there, motherfucker

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

which team drafted Jesus Christ again?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Broncos, but that was in 2010.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm sorry, the 2011 draft did not happen as this would require acknowledging the existence of Christian Ponder. I cannot allow it :colbert:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I was under the impression that both Ponder and Dalton were both gambles and/or projects.

Ponder is so, so bad

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

quote:

All signs are positive as quarterback Joe Flacco goes through the recovery process for a torn ACL and MCL.

The 31-year-old quarterback has been a mainstay at the Under Armour Performance Center this offseason as he undergoes daily rehab sessions, and the medical staff is impressed with how he is recovering.

"I've heard he's attacking his knee as well or better than anybody they've ever seen," Head Coach John Harbaugh said at the NFL scouting combine.

Elite patient

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 27, 2016

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm looking at the 2011 draft thread and it's stupid. What a draft class. Was going to post it in this year's draft thread but it seems really off topic.

Jesus, looking at this draft class it's stupid talented. You have basically a complete all-pro team. 15 of the first rounders have a probowl berth and there's a DPOTY and MVP. Cameron Heyward, Nate Solder and Jimmy Smith are first rounders without probowl berths. You have to go to pick 13 to get a non-QB without a probowl berth, and there's only one non-qb player in the first 16 picks without a probowl.

LB: Houston, Von, Aldon Smith, *scrapes barrel* Malcolm Smith?, Just tell an end to learn how to cover.

You could just put Kerrigan at LB because that's what he is.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

quote:

"I've heard he's attacking his knee as well or better than anybody they've ever seen," Head Coach John Harbaugh said at the NFL scouting combine.

Clearly Harbaugh has been ignoring his Bengals tape.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Today is the three year anniversary of the disastrous Smith trade. It boggles the mind thinking about who we could have got with those seconds.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Chromatic posted:

I was under the impression that both Ponder and Dalton were both gambles and/or projects.

Ponder is so, so bad

Nabbed a hot wife though

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Parmesan Basil posted:

Today is the three year anniversary of the disastrous Smith trade. It boggles the mind thinking about who we could have got with those seconds.

Someone that wouldn't have taken you to the playoffs twice?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Flikken posted:

Someone that wouldn't have taken you to the playoffs twice?

Our D did most of that. 9 wins and 11 win streaks will do a lot.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Our D did most of that. 9 wins and 11 win streaks will do a lot.

Yeah the offense keeping the ball and not turning it over too much had nothing to do with it.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Flikken posted:

Yeah the offense keeping the ball and not turning it over too much had nothing to do with it.

Kyle Orton or Chase Daniel could do that, if our bar for QB skill is so low.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Parmesan Basil posted:

Kyle Orton or Chase Daniel could do that, if our bar for QB skill is so low.

They really couldn't, as has been demonstrated repeatedly in football.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Orton did just about as good as Smith did in his last year and he had four less games. Either way, we'll never really know.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Orton did just about as good as Smith did in his last year and he had four less games. Either way, we'll never really know.
So then who's to say that you would have been in a better position without Smith? most teams don't even make it to the playoffs.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

LightReaper posted:

So then who's to say that you would have been in a better position without Smith? most teams don't even make it to the playoffs.

Well, most QBs don't cost two seconds and 64 million for sub par play. We also had a big depth problem after the trade too which could have been solved with those picks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Who has Kaep room? Has anybody made that joke yet?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I must protest, Chase hasn't had a chance to turn the ball over yet.

Orton, well god love him but yeah, he'll throw some picks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Clearly Harbaugh has been ignoring his Bengals tape.

I was gonna make a Tonya Harding joke, but I guess these loving yungern' wouldn't get it.

Toilet Mouth posted:

Who has Kaep room? Has anybody made that joke yet?

:golfclap:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 27, 2016

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
She was like a sword dancer whose carved out her competitors' knees or some poo poo?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Eifert Posting posted:

It really is insane. The only 2 busts in the top half were QB reaches. JJ Watt went 11th and only 2 of the 10 teams who passed on him can even be real mad about it (Titans - Locker, Jags - Gabbert). I mean sure you could have had JJ Watt, but if you took Patrick Peterson or Tyron Smith can you really cry about it? I guess the 49ers can be mad about Aldon Smith now, but that is because he is a lunatic, not because he sucked on the field.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

The Puppy Bowl posted:

She was like a sword dancer whose carved out her competitors' knees or some poo poo?

You're thinking of Pauly Shore. Tonya Harding is the one who gave Hillary Clinton a blow job

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Magicpants posted:

You're thinking of Pauly Shore. Tonya Harding is the one who gave Hillary Clinton a blow job

That's the teapot dome scandal right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tonya Harding is fun to watch on the world dumbest videos show. She has redeemed herself from having her boyfriend murder a rival ice gymnast by making fun of dumb people injuring themselves endlessly.

Even the Colts "hit" for them anyway in 2011 as the lineman they drafted is still on the team, even though he sucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

Tonya Harding is fun to watch on the world dumbest videos show. She has redeemed herself from having her boyfriend murder a rival ice gymnast by making fun of dumb people injuring themselves endlessly.

Even the Colts "hit" for them anyway in 2011 as the lineman they drafted is still on the team, even though he sucks.

lol she didn't have Kerrigan murdered

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Yea she's pretty hilarious on those TRU tv shows.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

Elite patient

God, Flacco is already 31? Not sure where I'm ready for a world where we start talking about Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco being the quarterback old guard.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The idea that Flacco may only be the Ravens starting quarterback for another decade fills me with existential dread.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Tonya Harding is hilarious because she's still insane. The 30 for 30 on her spends the first hour building sympathy for her, then the camera just sits on her and lets her rant about her feelings and you realize she's actually loving nuts.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Tonya Harding is hilarious because she's still insane. The 30 for 30 on her spends the first hour building sympathy for her, then the camera just sits on her and lets her rant about her feelings and you realize she's actually loving nuts.

I'd be crazy too if my mom put me in a dress and made me skate dance for people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'd be crazy too if my mom put me in a dress and made me skate dance for people.

Nah you turned out okay

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Nah you turned out okay

It's all because of my close TFFriends!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/703290549961293824

Looks like Davis wants on the wild ride

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Obviously shares the same "interests" as Chip Kkkelly

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Well, most QBs don't cost two seconds and 64 million for sub par play. We also had a big depth problem after the trade too which could have been solved with those picks.

Lol, Alex Smith's contract is cheap, and you have no idea how those picks would have been used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Flikken posted:

Lol, Alex Smith's contract is cheap, and you have no idea how those picks would have been used.

I don't but that's the point. They could be anything. I'd take the potential over what we saw from Smith.

• Locked thread