Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hoover Dam posted:

It killed the con: http://orrery.prismaticmedia.com/2016/02/20/rainfurrest-2016-post-mortem/

Well, that and years of the con staff deciding to avoid kicking people the gently caress out so nobody's feelings were hurt

It's perhaps a little unsurprising that they managed to miss the pretty normal social cue of being shown a damage bill and being told it's covered and taking that as notice to resolve the issue. The hotel covered it to go that extra mile for their customer, not because it was actually OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't know how much money conventions like that bring in for hotels, and I acknowledge it is bad business to turn down money, but I think if I were a hotel owner I'd draw my line at furry conventions. All the stuff about alcohol poisoning and smoke detector tampering shows they were treating the hotels like their college freshman dorm room, and combined with the lovely diapers and smelly, sweaty furries I can't imagine the profit they made is enough to make up for those memories.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Murphy Brownback posted:

I don't know how much money conventions like that bring in for hotels, and I acknowledge it is bad business to turn down money, but I think if I were a hotel owner I'd draw my line at furry conventions. All the stuff about alcohol poisoning and smoke detector tampering shows they were treating the hotels like their college freshman dorm room, and combined with the lovely diapers and smelly, sweaty furries I can't imagine the profit they made is enough to make up for those memories.

Popular conventions tend to be extremely good business for hotels, and to be fair to furries, my impression is that this particular con was egregious on a completely different level. Normally all you might have to deal with is people in fursuits and the oppressive odor of sweaty nerds, the latter of which is standard at a lot of cons. So, most hotels are more than happy to put up with whatever flavor of weirdo rolls in for an annual get together, but god drat you've got to draw the line somewhere no matter how many rooms their booking. As the poster above you points out, the hotel even gave them some pretty solid hints that they were abusing hospitality, but it flew right over their heads.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

WHY DID I CLICK THE LINK
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY

:barf:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So was this con a babyfur convention, or was it just a more general furry convention that somehow had a lot of diapered furries and others in bondage gear? Because if it was some kind of event designed to celebrate everyone pissing themselves, it seems really weird that they would get upset at others publicly flaunting fetishes at the con (and, you know, the whole furry thing).

But it really seems like it was all about babyfurs? Are the babyfurs discriminating against other fetishes? Are the babyfurs bringing children to their pissing festivals? What the gently caress?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

From what I can tell it was a general furry con that a bunch of babyfurs decided to make all about their particular fetish.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Furries need these weirdos because whenever people criticize furries they can always claim the babyfurs are the real weirdos.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Hoover Dam posted:

It killed the con: http://orrery.prismaticmedia.com/2016/02/20/rainfurrest-2016-post-mortem/

Well, that and years of the con staff deciding to avoid kicking people the gently caress out so nobody's feelings were hurt

The author of the article:

"Th' buni" or "buni" is the not a fursona, per se, but rather a highly-variable reflection of self that can and will change rapidly based on current mood. Th' buni is always a rabbit or at least rabbit-shaped, and always mostly female—as distinct from being mostly always female—but has been depicted as a myriad of different forms, including

- a large but purely zoomorphic snowshoe hare of high animal intellect a mostly zoomorphic snowshoe hare of low human intellect and a hundred-word vocabulary
- a pre-adolescent anthropomorphic snowshoe hare with the same vocabulary
- an adult anthropomorphic snowshoe hare
- a plush rabbit of indeterminite size
- a steampunk "magitech" clockwork rabbit animated via alchemical means and overlaid with a lifelike plush coat
- an anthropomorphic-rabbit-shaped sapient self-sufficient nanocolony"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Jamesman posted:

So was this con a babyfur convention, or was it just a more general furry convention that somehow had a lot of diapered furries and others in bondage gear? Because if it was some kind of event designed to celebrate everyone pissing themselves, it seems really weird that they would get upset at others publicly flaunting fetishes at the con (and, you know, the whole furry thing).

But it really seems like it was all about babyfurs? Are the babyfurs discriminating against other fetishes? Are the babyfurs bringing children to their pissing festivals? What the gently caress?

The latter, that's why a number of those images essentially say "RF15: Babies and Diapers". It was unexpected, I assume.
The kids though, man. Kids, even those who were children of furries, probably thought "Oh cool, Tony the Tiger!", not expecting "Tony the Tiger...in diapers"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

supercooey! posted:

GREEN DAY FOREVER!!!

Are there just a bunch of goons following my posts ever since I came back, just to say things like this to me? Because it keeps happening. That's pretty AUG.

snoo has a new favorite as of 15:35 on Feb 27, 2016

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

phone post / quote is not edit

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I like how the random rear end shot was the least weird part about that photoset. I think. My weird-o-metre is broken now.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

cash crab posted:

I like how the random rear end shot was the least weird part about that photoset. I think. My weird-o-metre is broken now.

Same here. I actually stared at it awhile. It was like a mini-goatse, which at this point in my long history of internets, is comforting.

I mean, it's still gross. Why anyone finds gaping assholes interesting or sexy is beyond me. Then that teabagging photo. It's so weird how that seemed normal.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

No, gently caress YOU, son!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jamesman posted:

Looks like Rainfurrest turned out to be the furry convention (of which there are loads) with the most lax rules, so babyfurs centralised on it and ran roughshod over it knowing that nobody was gonna call them on their literal poo poo. Fairly sure most furry cons have a rule of 'hey don't do fetish stuff in public'. Also for a fun story about that, look up the fate of 'Oklacon'.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there a good write up of what happened at Oklacon? All I can tell is that the park district kicked them out because of some unspecified illicit activity (likely drugs and sex, but it must be more embarrassing in detail)

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Heath posted:

Is there a good write up of what happened at Oklacon? All I can tell is that the park district kicked them out because of some unspecified illicit activity (likely drugs and sex, but it must be more embarrassing in detail)

If I remember right 3 people had a drunk threesome in front of the park ranger's cabin just as the convention started. The police had to be called in because any sex with a drunken woman in Oklahoma is considered rape even if there was consent. The community claimed it was 3 new timers coming in from out of town but someone else claimed at least one of them was a staff member of the con. My friend does furry art and tells me all about this poo poo, and apparently something similar happened in a London con (handjob under the table in view of the bartender).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

If I remember right 3 people had a drunk threesome in front of the park ranger's cabin just as the convention started. The police had to be called in because any sex with a drunken woman in Oklahoma is considered rape even if there was consent. The community claimed it was 3 new timers coming in from out of town but someone else claimed at least one of them was a staff member of the con. My friend does furry art and tells me all about this poo poo, and apparently something similar happened in a London con (handjob under the table in view of the bartender).

You should find betr friends

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had a furry friend who went to a con and described her two roommates walking into her hotel room and immediately loving right in front of her without even closing the door. I'm pretty sure this is normal furry behaviour

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

You should find betr friends

Furries pay ridiculous amounts of money for art and lovely little knick knacks. I don't blame people who want to draw/make poo poo on the side for these idiots.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you've slid that far off the deep end what's stopping you from violating every other social norm

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Snoo posted:

Are there just a bunch of goons following my posts ever since I came back, just to say things like this to me? Because it keeps happening. That's pretty AUG.

At least you're not Morally Inept.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tetracube posted:

I had a furry friend who went to a con and described her two roommates walking into her hotel room and immediately loving right in front of her without even closing the door. I'm pretty sure this is normal furry behaviour

Pretty sure they'd say something like "Animals just gently caress whenever!" becuase all furry defenses is "it's what animals do". But yea, it sounds like they were afraid to step on anyones toes, to be accused to kinkshaming and other violations of the open minded code, so they had very lax rules. As people are ought to do, they used this lax policy enviroment to go hog wild. The port mortum written by the guy clearly says that they were afraid to drive certain people away, and clearly, they were the kind of people who they did want to put away.

But hey, they had ribbons for desired pronouns! Priorities!

BTW, I like this dude

You know there's a story behind that shirt.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

The Snoo posted:

What did you do

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

twistedmentat posted:

BTW, I like this dude

I have never seen someone "protest too much" quite as hard as this guy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

My friend does furry art and tells me all about this poo poo, and apparently something similar happened in a London con (handjob under the table in view of the bartender).

"Art"?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure they'd say something like "Animals just gently caress whenever!" becuase all furry defenses is "it's what animals do". But yea, it sounds like they were afraid to step on anyones toes, to be accused to kinkshaming and other violations of the open minded code, so they had very lax rules. As people are ought to do, they used this lax policy enviroment to go hog wild. The port mortum written by the guy clearly says that they were afraid to drive certain people away, and clearly, they were the kind of people who they did want to put away.

But hey, they had ribbons for desired pronouns! Priorities!

BTW, I like this dude

I think it just means that he likes to gently caress people in cat, dragon, or gerbil costumes instead of dog costumes.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Tetracube posted:

They're truly animals and can't help themselves!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Why are hotel carpets so loving weird?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

dog days are over posted:

Hides the jizz from cons.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

dog days are over posted:

Funky patterns are really good at hiding filth.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elohssa Gib posted:

Hides the jizz from cons.

Why do hotel carpets make such weird loving?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DontMockMySmock posted:

I have never seen someone "protest too much" quite as hard as this guy.

I'm sure people who find out he's a furry go "so you're a dog fucker?".

BgRdMchne posted:

I think it just means that he likes to gently caress people in cat, dragon, or gerbil costumes instead of dog costumes.

Or this.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Lonely Virgil posted:

Decades of condensed fart dust.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

monny posted:

Decades of condensed fart dust.

I wonder what it smells like...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lonely Virgil posted:

Weird turn for The Mummy reboot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Golem II posted:

Then man up and do a line.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Golem II posted:

Grandpa farts

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

So does grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

God no matter what word i put emphasis on in this sentence its still so bad.

• Locked thread