Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The entire audience needed a cigatette/to take a leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sleeveless posted:

You're projecting so hard that ships could navigate using you.

I'm sorry if you feel some pathological need to Get Out of Dodge ASAP, maybe you should try switching to decaf?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What sports game was it that fans on the winning side left early, only to barred from coming back because the other side won in the last minute?

The Miami Heat in the NBA Finals. You have the reasoning wrong though. They thought they were going to lose, then the team caught a couple of lucky breaks to force overtime and win. But there's a strict no re-entry policy so all the idiots who don't understand basketball and had to get back to Palm Beach or whatever got locked out.

http://deadspin.com/hundreds-of-heat-fans-leave-game-6-early-a-nation-laug-514254371

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tiggum posted:

Not something about the movie itself, but I went to see Deadpool today, and about 75% of the audience started leaving during the credits - like they'd never seen a super hero movie before. The post-credits scene was funny, why would you walk out without watching it?

After-credits scenes have been a fad that's waning, the last several movies that I waited till the end of credits expecting something, there was nothing. I think most people got sick of it and movies stopped doing it and now nobody expects it anymore.

I'll make sure to wait after Deadpool then though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I honestly don't usually care or bother that there's a fan handout or out takes after the credits of a movie
Like yeah you'd better believe I'm right out the door man, there's always more important or fun things to do than sit in a movie theater watching credits roll. My high's definitely gone by then and I'd have to be high to see anything comic book related
And plus if I really want to see like, I don't know...Darkseid or whatever/whoever showing up to go "Hah-hah I'll be in the next movie!!" (and I don't) then I'd just catch it on YouTube
Who has five minutes to breathe in this world of infinite entertainment and woe? I probably just spent like X hours inert in a movie theater. I'm not waiting for "stingers"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

Unlike every single Marvel movie before it?

Deadpool is a Fox movie, tho.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Tunicate posted:

Deadpool is a Fox movie, tho.

To be fair some x-men movies have it now too. Apocalypse showed up at the end of Days of Future past. I think the new Spiderman movies had them too. The only real super hero movies that don't anymore is DC stuff. Plus, I'd wager the average moviegoer doesn't know the explicit differences between all companies.

I usually stick around for them, but only because they usually do something cool with the credits before the scene, like neat graphics and such. After the scene comes the boring scroll credits and that's when you walk out.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Febreeze posted:

To be fair some x-men movies have it now too. Apocalypse showed up at the end of Days of Future past. I think the new Spiderman movies had them too. The only real super hero movies that don't anymore is DC stuff. Plus, I'd wager the average moviegoer doesn't know the explicit differences between all companies.

I usually stick around for them, but only because they usually do something cool with the credits before the scene, like neat graphics and such. After the scene comes the boring scroll credits and that's when you walk out.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine had a stinger that showed Subject X was still alive, which I assume was eventually supposed to lead into a Deadpool movie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Wolverine had Magneto and Professor X showing up in an airport to stop time and tell wolverine "hey Days of Future Past is gonna happen"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There's an app called runpee that gives you good times to go to the bathroom and tells you if there is anything after the credits. It's pretty good.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Avengers 2 again. When Vision is first born, he gets thrown through a plate glass window. Why didn't he just phase right through that poo poo? I swear to god, he hardly phased at all in that flick.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
End credit scenes are always poo poo and pointless teasers designed to make nerds feel superior for knowing what characters are being teased. If you sit for 5+ minutes watching names scroll on a screen just to see 10 seconds of trash you shouldn't be critizing anyone.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Not sure you should be 'critizing' anyone either with that spelling.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I have always sat through the credits in movie theaters. Gives me time to digest what I've seen, discuss it with the people I went with, and make fun of the key grip's name. The relatively recent addition of post-credit scenes was a nice little bonus that didn't alter my behavior at all.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Deadpool's stinger was the best one so far for me personally, but I have an unholy :spergin: love for Ferris Bueller's Day Off and it was a glorious homage. Content-wise it was pretty irrelevant though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

There's an app called runpee that gives you good times to go to the bathroom and tells you if there is anything after the credits. It's pretty good.

I use http://www.mediastinger.com. End of credits scenes piss me off because

1. I hate missing out on content
2. I believe you should tell your movie's story before the credits roll. Some of the Marvel ones have gotten absurd.

End of credits scenes pretty much peaked with this one

http://youtu.be/QRJ38y4Jn6k

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

TheKennedys posted:

Deadpool's stinger was the best one so far for me personally, but I have an unholy :spergin: love for Ferris Bueller's Day Off and it was a glorious homage. Content-wise it was pretty irrelevant though.

I liked it because it;s the pure distillation of post-credit stingers: yes we have a plan for a sequel, no we don't have anyone cast for it or any concrete details, now go home.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'll probably be on my phone in the theater anyway so this is perfect.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is both true and ironic considering.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

BiggerBoat posted:

Avengers 2 again. When Vision is first born, he gets thrown through a plate glass window. Why didn't he just phase right through that poo poo? I swear to god, he hardly phased at all in that flick.

Allow me to explain that one with a quote from the movie:

Ultron: You are shockingly naive...
Vision: To be fair I was born yesterday :3:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

ubachung posted:

I am not sure you should be 'critizing' anyone with that spelling either
Glass houses, dude.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jag är ett hus av glass

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Catching up on American Horror Story because I hate myself and I'm having a hard time telling characters apart sometimes because Ryan Murphy most definitely has a type.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sleeveless posted:

Catching up on American Horror Story because I hate myself and I'm having a hard time telling characters apart sometimes because Ryan Murphy most definitely has a type.

im the guy 2nd or 3rd from the right

i mean left.

either way

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BiggerBoat posted:

If you're a meat person, being thrown through plate glass is a Bad Thing™. If you're a robot however, who gives a poo poo, might as well worry about being thrown through cardboard.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im a meat person but i dont plan on being thrown thru glass :smug:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

If you're a meat person, being thrown through plate glass is a Bad Thing. If you're a robot however, who gives a poo poo, might as well worry about being thrown through cardboard.

Where do vegans weigh in on the whole defenestration thing?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there are no windows on the meat planet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Canemacar posted:

No one cares?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Canemacar posted:

Best of luck throwing one of those dudes through a window

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

More of a general complaint but it's really annoying to watch anything from the last 3D resurgence as they're just full of terrible gimmick shots.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Best of luck throwing one of those dudes through a window

Isn't that pronounced Vay-ga? I always thought it was.

Not that it matters.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It's a soft G. Va-jaynus. Vajaynans

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I use http://www.mediastinger.com. End of credits scenes piss me off because

1. I hate missing out on content
2. I believe you should tell your movie's story before the credits roll. Some of the Marvel ones have gotten absurd.

Rush Hour credits are always pretty funny with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan goofing off. I guess blooper reels don't really fit the same category but I think more movie should do them for the credits

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I like sticking around to see what songs they used in the movie that weren't obvious.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gorilla Salad posted:

If you're a meat person, being thrown through plate glass is a Bad Thing™. If you're a robot however, who gives a poo poo, might as well worry about being thrown through cardboard.

I just mean it seemed like lazy writing and a missed opportunity for Vision to go all ghost like and phase through the glass while all he Avengers are like "whoa". Stark could be all "I didn't build him to do that".

Only thing I know about Vision is that he's an android, he phases and he flies. I mean, those are his loving powers. He flew in the movie (and grew himself a cape) but the phasing thing? Not so much. I liked AoU but my God a lot of it is just a hot mess. For one thing, Avengers just show up out of nowhere all the time. Even half way around the globe. Ultron's plan still makes no god drat sense to me. What was the deal with creating the sky island anyway?

I like that film in spite of itself.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

razorrozar posted:

Isn't that pronounced Vay-ga? I always thought it was.

Not that it matters.

There are a lot of pronuncation options, really.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Patattack posted:

There are a lot of pronuncation options, really.

fuckin pat

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If all the credits sequences had one of those little videos playing on the side that shows everyone making the movie and having a great time doing it, we'd have a kinder, gentler world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

cheerfullydrab posted:

If all the credits sequences had one of those little videos playing on the side that shows everyone making the movie and having a great time doing it, we'd have a kinder, gentler world.

Singing and dancing or nothing

quote:

Film certainly has made great strides in the 21st century. Now if we could only get Hollywood to stop putting out terrible movies in which, as soon as the credits finish rolling, the main character returns in an added scene and addresses the audience directly by saying, “You’re still here?” That’s just so cheesy and shameless.