Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005
TheKeeper bought me this account so now I have to rub peanut butter on his nipples on a daily basis.

Subjunctive posted:

I've been staring at this for a couple of minutes, and I just can't quite make it work. Salami is phallic substitute, I guess, but I can't figure the poodle or drink parts.

Also, for what it's worth:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/63032-10-the-breakfast-club-facts-you-didnt-know-about-the-classic-80s-film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thank you both, I had totally forgotten that line.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

I've been staring at this for a couple of minutes, and I just can't quite make it work. Salami is phallic substitute, I guess, but I can't figure the poodle or drink parts.

The joke is that she's running around naked with a poodle and a salami under her arm, and the bartender figures she didn't start the night like that, she's already drank enough to be naked and carrying ridiculous poo poo.

Well, I'm wrong.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Feb 27, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kizudarake posted:

The joke is that she's running around naked with a poodle and a salami under her arm, and the bartender figures she didn't start the night like that, she's already drank enough to be naked and carrying ridiculous poo poo.

Well, I'm wrong.

Great work, though.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

kizudarake posted:

Well, I'm wrong.

That's what I thought too.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Hollow Talk posted:

They missed the chance to ask her whether she fell from heaven. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSqP-DlHYVs&t=262s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nitrox posted:

This guy is brutally honest about katanas and other medieval weapons. Watch his follow up video after the avalanche of nerd rage had subsided https://youtu.be/XLWzH_1eZsc

This is actually very interesting and he has a bunch of other videos about ancient weapons and stuff. Probably going to watch them all. Thanks.

edit - that youtube guy looks like James McAvoy's dad.

Pennywise the Frown has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Feb 28, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He also seems to have a major chip on his shoulder about driving on the right, for some reason.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's either 3 things

An one off joke from an edgy 2000s sitcom
A character from the Nickoledoan movie Back From the Barnyard
An anime that will get you arrested at the Canadian border

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

smh if u dont milk yourself at all times

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Snapchat A Titty posted:

smh if u dont milk yourself at all times

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

What am I missing here?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

What am I missing here?

I just like how disgusted the lady looks at the guy trying to talk to her.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Her face is about as angular as his is anguless.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Katanas are overpowered in d20.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Who What Now posted:

Katanas are overpowered in d20.

I didn't know what this was so I looked it up and lol

quote:

That’s it. I’m sick of all this “Masterwork Bastard Sword” bullshit that’s going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I’m talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that’s about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.
Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I’m pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That’s right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:
(One-Handed Exotic Weapon) 1d12 Damage 19-20 x4 Crit +2 to hit and damage Counts as Masterwork
(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon) 2d10 Damage 17-20 x4 Crit +5 to hit and damage Counts as Masterwork
Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don’t you think?
tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's been a while since I did anything vaguely D&D, but those stats mean that a one-handed Katana does more damage than a double-handed Zweihander, has a higher chance to score critical hits than a Vorpal (Cut-through-anything) sword, and has a higher crit multiplier than anything.

Man, /tg/ was fantastic for its trolling, if nothing else.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Folded millions of times.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

What am I missing here?

Exhibit A: Unable to discern human emotion.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm not sure Medieval Europeans would've had any way of knowing about the glory of the katana. Their reason for not forming a monolithic whole in order to invade Japan, a country they didn't know existed, might have had more to do with the fact that in order to get there they would've had to march across all of Asia. Asia is really big.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

WarpedNaba posted:

It's been a while since I did anything vaguely D&D, but those stats mean that a one-handed Katana does more damage than a double-handed Zweihander, has a higher chance to score critical hits than a Vorpal (Cut-through-anything) sword, and has a higher crit multiplier than anything.

Man, /tg/ was fantastic for its trolling, if nothing else.

I thought one of the key points of d&d was the rulebook is a guideline, and if you wanted to gently caress with stats for your mom's basement table game you can do whatever you want. I'm guessing this guy is more pissed that his DM won't accept the katana becoming a game breaking super weapon?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm not sure Medieval Europeans would've had any way of knowing about the glory of the katana. Their reason for not forming a monolithic whole in order to invade Japan, a country they didn't know existed, might have had more to do with the fact that in order to get there they would've had to march across all of Asia. Asia is really big.

Also it was full of Ottomans.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WarpedNaba posted:

a double-handed Zweihander

I hope you're suggesting there are other kinds :v:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Data Graham posted:

I hope you're suggesting there are other kinds :v:

Yeah, singled handed Zweihander. Didn't you watch Berserk? :zoro:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Is this a demonstration why you shouldn't parry edge on edge like in every movie ever?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Angela Christine posted:

Is this a demonstration why you shouldn't parry edge on edge like in every movie ever?

More that honorable Nippon steel can't cut through European steel weapons snicker-snack.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Angela Christine posted:

Nah, parrying edge to edge is cool. It makes the swords bind which allows better control of your opponent's blade. This demonstrates what would happen if you took a cheap sword and tried to hit another cheap sword being supported on both ends.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Angela Christine posted:

Clearly not, since the parrying weapon was hardly damaged :v:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's either 3 things

An one off joke from an edgy 2000s sitcom
A character from the Nickoledoan movie Back From the Barnyard
An anime that will get you arrested at the Canadian border

Forgive my ignorance but what is the deal with Canadian anime?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My funny funny picture is 2 pages of nerds talking about swords.

Just kidding. Have this one of an ape philosopher yall pieces of dirt

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Just think' 'bout ape stuff

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just think' 'bout ape stuff

what up

you know which way to swipe

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer
http://instagram.com/sword_lords
Hope I'm not to late for the katana derail.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snapchat A Titty posted:

what up

you know which way to swipe

bustercasey posted:

http://instagram.com/sword_lords
Hope I'm not to late for the katana derail.

You are, it's all about ridiculously photogenic gorillas now.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Verisimilidude posted:

I didn't know what this was so I looked it up and lol

Ah yes, those amazing WWII Japanese katanas. http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/b962712.pdf

Tl;dr: garbage quality steel, sharpened extremely poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jungle & chill

• Locked thread