Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Explosions posted:

Christ you guys, it's spelled 'saucer.'
And now I see him as that dude from Dragon Half.

'Sauuuuu~cerrrrr~; he is here, to slay the Red Dragon oh, the Red Dragon...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Saucerer, as opposed to a Pastamancer, which Chokes's character styling clearly lends itself to, you INGRATES.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I think everyone would be in big trouble if the game called him a Sourcerer though.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

Saucerer, as opposed to a Pastamancer, which Chokes's character styling clearly lends itself to, you INGRATES.

That's ridiculous, that's not even funny.

:respek:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

FisheyStix posted:

FeyerbrandX posted:

That's ridiculous, that's not even funny.

:respek:
:golfclap: Magnificent.

Those are Kingdom of Loathing references, in case you didn't know.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Bruceski posted:

Sorcerest :smug:

Sorcercest? :ohdear:

Joeaverage
Aug 1, 2014

Zore posted:

You have six party slots, not counting the Sorcerer. Only four can be in battle at once, and the Sorcerer is required, so you essentially have a party and a backup party by the end of Block 3.

One thing you have to watch out for here is that you can in fact swap out the sorcerer on the summon menu, it just doesn't show his portrait when you have him selected. When I tried that the enemy monsters just stopped doing anything at all in battle, and(might not be related) occasionally the controls would break down completely until I loaded a save.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Joeaverage posted:

One thing you have to watch out for here is that you can in fact swap out the sorcerer on the summon menu, it just doesn't show his portrait when you have him selected. When I tried that the enemy monsters just stopped doing anything at all in battle, and(might not be related) occasionally the controls would break down completely until I loaded a save.

This should be done as a bonus update. The sorcerer realizes he can just desummon himself, leaving the rest of those jerks stranded inside the book.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Well, I'm back on the last bit of the game and have rediscovered two things.

1) If you only have one item of a particular type remaining the option to use it doesn't disappear until after the round - this means that you can have everyone spam the same thing. This made some of the more egregious group fights more palatable.

2) The last puzzle for the remaining floors remains as borked as it ever, and if you reload a save after solving it it has both reset AND used up the item required to solve it. You might want to keep that in mind as you're going forward, Chokes. If you'd like more details I can PM them to you before I forget.

I knew I should have been keeping two different saves.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Canto II, Stanza 1: Door Warehouse Outlets

You can't be serious.

Vlad, we need all the help we can get right now.

Besides, it'll be fun. Think of it like Pinoccio!

Except he kills people.

Not helping

See? He's just a puppet. He won't do anything unless I tell him to.

...I guess...

The votes are in, and you wanted to see the Killer Puppet, so here it is!

The problem with the puppet is that you have to find all his various parts before he's useful in combat. That includes a head, body, and at least one arm (though probably two). As far as I know, the only place to find puppet parts as drops are in the catacombs. There's another area where you can buy the most common ones—and we'll see that down the line—but they're not exactly inexpensive.

However. If you can get the right parts and a good rune for him, the Puppet can be an absolute nightmare fighter. Pump his stats up, slap a flamethrower arm and a guillotine arm on him, and watch him go to work! Yes, I said both "flamethrower arm" and "guillotine arm." SaGa Paper Sorceror, y'all!

Until we get enough body parts, though, he'll have to stay on the bench. We have a bench now, by the way. When you finally get more than three summons, the rest can be swapped in and out whenever you have access to the main menu, i.e. when you're not in direct combat.

Alright, let's toss this thing into our inn room and get back to work. The Spirit of the Book doesn't like to be kept waiting.

She's not going to sleep with you no matter how well you do your job.

You don't know that.

i'm watching you

:stonk:

Not a lot's changed.

Yeah, except our gear. You guys ready to kick some rear end?

Vlad? Yoo hoo! Party's over here.

Wha?! Oh, right. Ready to go, chief.

Seriously, why do you keep looking over your shoulder like that?

...no reason...

Lotta doors here.

Too many, if you ask me.

Oh. Oh, drat. That is ripe.

Seriously, how do you guys live with this stench?

You stop smellin' it after a while.

With our near-full skillset available and Vlad packing a steel greatsword, this fight goes down real smooth.

Even Willow isn't much fazed by these jerks. Still, just for shits and giggles, we go ahead and load up a taunt ability. Since Frank has a slew of other useful skills, we're going to cheat a bit and use Willow's skillset to lock a taunt onto him.

Hey, hit him instead.

'kay!

It's a livin'.

Bait adds "Challenge" status and temporarily pumps up HP and defense. Frank's "Challenge" ability does more or the less the same thing, so AFAIK they're interchangeable—and also a great example of team synergy. You'd think the overlap would make it redundant, but it actually frees Frank up to drop big abilities like Arcane Backlash or Recharging Strike while still doing what he's meant to do. I love it when a plan comes together. :dukedog:

Anyway, Challenge doesn't immediately cause every single hit to go to its target, but it's still a noticeable boost. I'd estimate it's somewhere between 65 to 75 percent, because I like making up numbers that have no bearing to reality. Still, once Frank's wearing big ticket armor, we'll want to keep him taunted for just about every random encounter. I still think it's a really bad idea for bosses—you don't want one of those broken-rear end meat grinders homing in on a single party member, regardless of how beefy they are—but it can protect some of our squishier party members from keeling over.

By the way, it's been brought to my attention that "Sorceror" is not spelled with an "o". In repsonse, I'd like to point out that shut your stupid face I'm spelling it that way until the end of the LP now so there

After clobbering the guards, we pick up some levels and a few new skills. Mage Armor is kinda ehn, but more defense is never a bad thing, and it makes for a pretty good way for the Sorcereor to kick off fights. Black Locust, however, is a big deal. We'll see just how much of a big deal it is later, as it's absolutely essentialy for boss fights. For now, though, it'll just hang out on our skill list.

Hot drat! I've needed a new pair of shitkickers for a while.

The defense charm is a great pickup. It uses one of your accessory slots, and its boost is huge compared to the accessories we have available to us. If you guessed we put this on Frank, you guessed correctly.

58 defense. He's not quite where we want him right now, but he's getting there!

Fighters start showing up now, and they're nothing to laugh at. Generally I kill opponents in order from weakest to strongest to reduce the amount of attacks I have to deal with as fast as possible. Thus, the dwarves go down pretty quick to a combo of Vlad's greatsword and the Sorceror's Black Bolt.

No, not that one.

Willow even gets in on the act with Phantom Grasp, which is somehow doing the same amount of damage as Black Bolt! Unlike Black Bolt, however, there's a cooldown. Whereas the Sorceror can spam his spell until he runs out of Energy, Willow has to wait a turn or two between hers.

With the dwarves down, we take a sec to top off everyone's defense. One of the t¯hings I didn't even realize before this, my thirtieth million playthrough of the game, was how incredibly important Defense is. It's probably even more important than HP, and here's why.

Fans of the Palladium RPG system may be familiar with a secondary durability stat called Structural Damage Capacity, or "SDC." When a Player's SDC (which often ranks in the hundreds) breaks down, only then do they start taking HP. Furthermore, their HP is usually a pittiance compared to original SDC. Sound familiar? I think that's what Paper Sorceror is trying to do here with Defense. Even though you get it all back at the end of a fight, probably the most important thing to do is recharge Defense whenever it dips to the halfway point, either with temporary boosts or Restore Defense. Defense itself doesn't run out quickly, but the amount of HP it saves you rapidly degrades. Keeping that stat up goes a long way towards changing fights from rocket tag to strategic combat. Trust me, you do not want to play rocket tag with Paper Sorceror bosses. You'll lose.

Anyway, not much else to write home about for this fight, other than the no-necked meatshield up there taking a good 350+ HP of damage before keeling over. That's more than our entire party combined. So much for heroes fighting fair, huh? It's not quite as nice when you're on the other side of the sword.

More steel gear! We give the longsword to the sorceror for now.

!

Boss?

Hmm...

So?

poo poo like this doesn't just happen, Vlad. C'mon, help me find a switch or something.

I mean, they gotta put 'em somewhere, I guess.

Just takes all the fun out of it when you can see behind the scenes.

Yeah. :smith:

Are you sure there's a secret passage? We keep pulling on these rings, and nothing's happening.

That's because you're doing it wrong! Stop doing it wrong and do it right!

Y'mean like this?

Yes! See? Frank gets it!

It's true, I do get it.

Kiss-rear end.

:psyduck:

The Warrior's Chain Armor is not a drop we should have at this point. But who cares! We toss it on Vlad, and he goes from powerful to terrifying. At this point, we can pretty much point him at any single enemy and get out of his way. I'm all for that.

The Mage Robes are regular robes that (duh) give a small boost to magic. Nothing super fancy, but we equip it on the Sorceror for that little extra "oompf."

Not pictured: us wrecking the poo poo out of a Dwarf and two Squires guarding this area. We do pick up Blood Sword for Vlad and Bone Breaker for Frank. The former is basically a regular sword strike for two energy that restores HP proportional to your damage. Not bad, but not super fancy. Bone Breaker, however, is huge and another skill that will come into play during boss fights.

Also the puppet levels up.

i'm getting stronger

:gonk:

One of the nice things about the game's combat system is how the guys on your bench also gain the same amount of EXP when you win fights. You don't have to constantly swap people in and out to keep them all at the same level or keep them from getting ridiculously weak. It's incredibly helpful, and I wish more RPGs would follow its example.

This fight is practically custom made for Bone Breaker, so we go ahead and try it out.

-1 Strength may not seem like much, but A) it still takes the sting out of attacks and B) it's only going to get more powerful from there. It's a four Energy skill, though, and Frank has a lot of other stuff that's useful to the party. Juggling Energy is a real problem for the Abomination. What he really needs is something to recharge while still being useful, like a Focus skill that still allows him to attack. That would be broken as all hell, though, so the game doesn't hahahahahhahaha

This is Charging Strike, which is just mean. Frank does a normal attack and gets +2 Energy for his troubles. Even the three turn cooldown really isn't that bad when you consider what it does. If you make your first three moves of every combat Bone Breaker (or Arcane Backlash), Charging Strike, then Defender, you would be making some fairly wise decisions.

I love the Abomination so much. It's like the dev got halfway through the character making process and went, "Wait, Frankenstein's Monster needs to be cooler! No, cooler! All the cool, dammit, turn it up to 11! To hell with the consequences!"

Aaaand we rob a guy's laundry after killing him.

You're surprised?

Jesus Christ game :stonk:

And we get another rare armor drop! Elven Leather Armor provides a massive amount of defense that is equippable by any character that can wear armor. We give it to the Sorceror and pass his mage robes on to Willow.

I can't wait to see the look on that stupid zombie's face now.

Just curious: Why am I wearing the thin cloth robes while you're sporting rare enchanted elf leather?

Hey, you get a boost to magic in those things!

It's like two points on the Ward-Gandolf scale. That's barely enough to make my spells change color!

Well, if you're gonna be an ingrate about it, then I want them back.

Finally!

Ha! I knew it!

:mad:

smdh, game. smdh

:shivdurf: "As you can see, due to the nature of the rites and rituals requires to make an extra dimensional prison, they are almost exclusively used to contain specific beings of great power."

*rip*

?

Just gonna take this with me.

Think it might be useful later on?

Probably not. I mean, I'm already in here, so it's just stating the obvious.

:rolleyes:

Okay, guys, I've got a plan.

?

Let's barricade this floor and hole up by the door storage. Then, when they come down here to get more doors... we'll trade them for a way out.

That's dumb and you're dumb for coming up with it.

Cripes, I feel dumber just thinking about it.

gently caress you assholes it's a good plan

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 22, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Jesus Christ game :stonk:

And we get another rare armor drop! Elven Leather Armor provides a massive amount of defense that is equippable by any character that can wear armor. We give it to the Sorceror and pass his mage robes on to Willow.

I can't wait to see the look on that stupid zombie's face now.

Just curious: Why am I wearing the thin cloth robes while you're sporting rare enchanted elf leather?

Wait, I thought it was 'elven' as in 'made by elves'. You mean it's actual elf leather?
Fashionable!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lone Badger posted:

Wait, I thought it was 'elven' as in 'made by elves'. You mean it's actual elf leather?

I prefer to never clarify that particular point because it's funnier that way.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Elvish Leather is a bizarrely common loot drop in this level, despite being wildly inappropriate level-wise--finding equipment drops from the next tier up is fairly common, but elvish leather is somethibg like 5 or 6 levels tiers ahead of you. It's still rare, but it shows up once every 2-3 games--way more common than other equally overpowered equipment. I assume it was added to the loot table specifically to make the next boss more doable, which is kind of obnoxious design.

That chainmail is just fuckin crazy, though (although not actually the craziest loot I've seen.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Don't ask what parts Elven Chainmail is made out of.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

Don't ask what parts Elven Chainmail is made out of.

I figure you kind of have to use every part of the elf, the same as you would a buffalo.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Chokes McGee posted:

i'm watching you

:stonk:

Oh yes, we definitely made the right choice, guys. :getin:

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

Warrior's Chain Armor +70def +10str +30hp

I like to think that this is the low-fantasy equivalent of power armor, and Vlad is stomping around with magic-servo-assisted arms and legs.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

You too shall be my puppet

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

I figure you kind of have to use every part of the elf, the same as you would a buffalo.
No one is interested in sustainable elf hunting though. Better to just lay some train tracks through the forest. Of course some cliffs would be handy too.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Quick note: you made the same goddamn typo I make all the time and wrote "essentialy" instead of "essential". drat muscle memory!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, that is some ridiculous luck. Are you sure that armor isn't laced with slow-acting curses or something?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Glazius posted:

Dang, that is some ridiculous luck. Are you sure that armor isn't laced with slow-acting curses or something?

The armor does have a hidden curse, it draws the attention of The Wooded One.

:stare:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi all! Just a quick drive-by to let you know that work sucks and also a new update will be dropping either tomorrow or Friday. Maybe even tonight! But probably not because I got a backlog of iZombie episodes to catch up on.

See you then! Or maybe not. One of the two, honestly.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Canto II, Stanza 2: Plop Plop Fizz Fizz

(Disclaimer: There's a broken puzzle on this floor in the Steam version. We'll be doing it the "correct" way, then demonstrating how to get around the breakage afterwards.)

Looks like we've got some alchemists on our hands.

Buncha dweebs.

Don't you have a PhD in alchemy?

Nah, my dissertation got rejected.

Really? Why?

You know how people try to turn lead into gold?

Yeah?

Turns out there's not a real big market for the other way around.

Our first mages start showing up on this level. Hedge mages are annoying since they have AoEs, but as long as we keep our defense up, they won't be able to do much damage with it. Just in case, though, we do have countermeasures...

Fuckin' mages!

Buncha good for nothin' nerds. Hate 'em all.

Hate them.

I'm not sure how its damage is calculated, but I do know Arcane Backlash sucks real bad for magic users. It's sometimes difficult to tell the difference between magic and physical skills, so there's a chance that someone with powerful special attacks will take disappointing amounts of damage. However, here, it's blindingly obvious. If you're a mage, and Frank gets you in his sights, you're not going to like it very much.

You have repressed anger issues or something?

Nah, just a thing against mages. Never been sure why.

Really? No reason you can think of?

I mean, maybe it's something hangin' around in the background, but damned if I know what.

We also pick up a new level in Black Bolt! This'll come in handy pretty quick, especially with Vlad's ability to shred armor.

Also we get this thing. :iiam:

*sniff sniff* Wait. You guys smell that?

God dammit, Frank

Wasn't me.

This time, anyway.

Hello, most obvious secret passageway in the world!

Hey, I bet this'll come in handy.

Yeah, the smell should ward off the guards.

And us.

And basically everyone.

:woop:

As you can see in the description, Acid Flasks are a tremendous find and a huge help against high HP/Defense targets (hint hint). Tossing one at an enemy reduces their HP and Defense by a fourth. No savings throws, no misses, just BOOM and massive damage.

Now, keep in mind this is 25% compounding—i.e. 25% off their full amount, then 25% off what's left over, etc. Eventually you reach a point of diminshing returns. However, that's a big head start on most bosses, and lobbing two in a row the first round will take them down to about 65% before you even get started.

Hoard Acid Flasks. The only things in the game more valuable are Restoration Crystals and Water of Life.

Maaaaaaaaaages! :argh:

And yet even more mages! We murder them in a hurry, and then:

Jesus Frank :stare:

Man, they're not even trying anymore.

More fur armor. This will come in handy after we start getting some extra summons.

I don't remember alchemy using this much vinegar. Isn't aqua vitae supposed to be hydrochloric acid, or—

Imma drink it

I will never understand why he does poo poo like this.

And I don't think any of us ever will.

Oh gods it keeps coming up, how is there even anything left :barf:

Leeeeet's try something a little more constructive.

I'll be damned. Turns out vinegar was the philosopher's stone all along.

Doesn't surprise me. That stuff's powerful enough to clean your whole house with!

Ugh glrk

Oh, hey chief. Feeling better?

gently caress no.

Maybe don't be an idiot next time? Just a suggestion.

Shut it, hippie. Alright, there's one more room on this floor we haven't visited. That's probably where this key goes.

I can think of another place for it right about now

So, here's the broken puzzle I mentioned earlier. This door is supposed to be where the Gold Key gets used. However, the door itself isn't actually there according to the game—it's just rendered visually. You can walk right through it and the door afterwards without going through the key subquest. It's not intentional, though.

Oh well!

Let's see what we have here...

Ba da daaa daaaaaaah~

The Arcanite staff is always in the same place every playthrough, and it always whoops rear end. It does nearly as much damage as a steel longsword, has a stupid boost to magic, and gives you a free Poison skill. This works exactly like Willow's Black Locust ability, except it doesn't cost any energy when cast via staff. I think the cooldown is one turn higher, but idgaf. This thing is seriously awesome.

Of course, you know who ends up with it.

I am gonna torch so many guards with this thing.

You know... Just once, I'd like to get something new instead of a hand-me-down.

Hey, we go in order of seniority here.

You realize I'm older than you, right?

Your secret's safe with me!

(if you can't see them they can't see you)

Well, lookie what we have here.

Ghost status: busted. :colbert:

Spirit #2 is now captured! This'll get us access to the second level of the catacombs. We'll visit it soon enough. For now, though, there's nothing left to do on this floor.

Onwards!

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

I got this game because of this thread.

I'm running around with Minotaur, an Abomination and a Witch just murdering everything.

Best five bucks I ever spent.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I was wondering what was going on with that door. I was so confused when I just strolled right on through it after spending half a minute clicking furiously and shuffling around in front of it after getting the golden key.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Bliss Authority posted:

I got this game because of this thread.

I'm running around with Minotaur, an Abomination and a Witch just murdering everything.

Best five bucks I ever spent.

Soon as I get paid, buying this game.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
At least the glitch wasn't that the puzzle was unsolvable and therefore you couldn't proceed, I guess.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No you see they actually changed the puzzle from the pre-steam release, all the alchemy stuff was still there as a red herring and the puzzle is to realise you can walk through the door. Game flawless. :pseudo:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AlphaKretin posted:

No you see they actually changed the puzzle from the pre-steam release, all the alchemy stuff was still there as a red herring and the puzzle is to realise you can walk through the door. Game flawless. :pseudo:

Checks out.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Seyser Koze posted:

At least the glitch wasn't that the puzzle was unsolvable and therefore you couldn't proceed, I guess.

Not with this one, anyway.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

So bought this game today, have a team of Werewolf, Cleric, and Abomination. I also don't think I'll be having any issues with loot...since I got TWO Elven Leather armor from the first layer of the Catacombs.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Silegna posted:

So bought this game today, have a team of Werewolf, Cleric, and Abomination. I also don't think I'll be having any issues with loot...since I got TWO Elven Leather armor from the first layer of the Catacombs.

:thurman:

The RNG tends to clump in the game, I've noticed. It really is feast or famine.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Chokes McGee posted:

:thurman:

The RNG tends to clump in the game, I've noticed. It really is feast or famine.

Sounds like a pretty low-level pRNG then, if it's consistently getting stuck on high/low "streaks" like that.

Or it could be confirmation bias. :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

KataraniSword posted:

Sounds like a pretty low-level pRNG then, if it's consistently getting stuck on high/low "streaks" like that.

Or it could be confirmation bias. :shrug:

Random(1)*100 + 1

"Uh, shouldn't that use the hardware randomizer for a noise sample or"

"I'm sure it'll be fine!"

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Welp, this lp got me to play the game again.

The first boss can be stupidly hard, but if you can get over that hump.....

:black101:

The ghost is amazing I just want to say, I'm shocked that I never realized this before. :allears:

mauman fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 24, 2016

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Random(1)*100 + 1

"Uh, shouldn't that use the hardware randomizer for a noise sample or"

"I'm sure it'll be fine!"

Also note that the items in chests are both 1) generated on pickup thus you can savescum for good items and 2) which chests have been opened is kept track of in the save file so a simple save edit can refresh the chest.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm guessing you can't, like, craft or buy acid flasks.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Glazius posted:

I'm guessing you can't, like, craft or buy acid flasks.

No, but you can save scum potions you find if you're desperate.

Though as long as you keep them to bosses only, you should naturally get enough to get you through the game.

Also, certain enemies drop them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi, all! New update drops tomorrow, barring Force Majeur. In the meantime, I've started a second LP over yonder:

LP Construction Set: Let's "Play" COMPUTE!'s Gazette

Basically it's a thread where we all get together and type in weird games from a now-defunct C64 magazine, then write a quick review on them. Swing by, take a look, please contribute! It's experimental and may not work out but meh, :justpost:.

• Locked thread