Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The future VP is on TV :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mitt Romney posted:

MSNBC just asked if Clinton made a mistake running up the score in SC.

big fan of horse race narratives.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

triple sulk posted:

I saw the first ad period from Bernie in Michigan yesterday, but only the one time

Yeah, he's buying ad time in states beyond Super Tuesday. He's just conceding most states on ST itself.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol how does one run up the score in a primary?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah. Bernie is advertising only (and heavily!) in Oklahoma, Colorado, Massachusetts, and Minnesota on Super Tuesday. He's spending nothing (zero dollars [actually 0 I'm not exaggerating]) in each of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia.

That's smart. Virginia maybe not so smart, but the other states I don't see him getting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The live results thread on /r/sandersforpresident is having an ongoing discussion about Hillary winning the over 65 black vote by 96%.

The most popular theories are that old black people are socially and economically conservative, have a "plantation mentality" that caused them to never even consider Bernie, and a link to the Wikipedia page for "Antisemitism in the United States: Jump to African-Americans."

Huh I figured it'd be ST when we first saw liberals unirionically calling blacks who vote against them 'plantation mentality' voters like the Republicans do.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The live results thread on /r/sandersforpresident is having an ongoing discussion about Hillary winning the over 65 black vote by 96%.

The most popular theories are that old black people are socially and economically conservative, have a "plantation mentality" that caused them to never even consider Bernie, and a link to the Wikipedia page for "Antisemitism in the United States: Jump to African-Americans."

Social conservatism I could see, but hoo boy, the rest of that, yikes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah. Bernie is advertising only (and heavily!) in Oklahoma, Colorado, Massachusetts, and Minnesota on Super Tuesday. He's spending nothing (zero dollars [actually 0 I'm not exaggerating]) in each of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia.

It makes some amount of sense if you see the writing on the wall to focus on racking up delegates at this point and try to push an issue on the platform at the convention. Maybe get a bloc to get behind putting single payer on the platform.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Goetta posted:

This decision to run away screaming from black people is honestly looking pretty smart now

Perhaps Bernie is the real brogressive after all if he's scared of black people.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

That's smart. Virginia maybe not so smart, but the other states I don't see him getting.

No man it's like basketball. See clinton is tiring herself out in this one part of the game just clowning on guys. By second half they're gonna rally and she's gonna be dead on her feet and...what's that this is a political race not a basketball game? Oh poo poo nevermind!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
*bernie steps up to podium*

When I started this campaign, we were down 40-50 points in South Carolina. Today, we're *looks at results* nevermind

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Haven't seen any Bernie ads in co. Since I haven't gotten ad block yet my browser looks like hillary bought every ad ever.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sir Tonk posted:

The future VP is on TV :swoon:

He looks much better in live television than in photos I've seen of him for some reason. I like his demeanor though

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Epic High Five posted:

Id imagine the logic is that if Hillary volunteers see her as already having won theyll be less likely to go out and canvas and phonebank?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

lmao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

The problem is that the states he's abandoning have 500+ delegates. He has to keep them relatively close to have a shot at the nomination, and it looks like he's not even trying.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Social conservatism I could see, but hoo boy, the rest of that, yikes

The difference between old white people and old black people is that old black people never stopped pretending to hate Jews.

Even old white people will come out and admit that they only care about them inasfar as they kill Muslims and bring about the rapture

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
White people trying to explain the behavior of black people will never stop being funny.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
CAUSE WE'RE HAPPY

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

The problem is that the states he's abandoning have 500+ delegates. He has to keep them relatively close to have a shot at the nomination, and it looks like he's not even trying.

Well, I doubt Clinton is running many ads in Vermont for example. It is a lot to give up though

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The tears are delicious. I hope we see another bout of insanity like that guy sobbing about how his girlfriend is hooking up with a black Hillary supporter now and he donated his rent to feeling the Bern.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, Cenk really doesn't like Hillary.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Can someone explain to me why they're even making such a big deal about Massachusetts? It's another white-ish New England state and has about 1% chance of going red in November.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
If only black people had seen the viral video where Hillary calls black people super predators, they might not have unanimously chosen her.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

He probably doesn't have the resources. He spent and spent big on the first states. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
His Super Tuesday actions are also ignoring the idea that his fundraising and MOMENTUM might take a serious hit if he just threw away those states. He's loving himself over for a win, but yeah pushing himself forward at sending a strong message (although he already has)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Uyger on The Young Turks has basically spent the last 15 minutes warning everyone that if we don't elect Bernie we're going to have a financial apocalypse. Its like watching the anti-Fox News.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Uyger on The Young Turks has basically spent the last 15 minutes warning everyone that if we don't elect Bernie we're going to have a financial apocalypse. Its like watching the anti-Fox News.

lol

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Congratulations President Clinton!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lol at her song.

You know what, fine. I'm all in on this now. Wooo!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zen death robot posted:

What about the hashtag everyone was talking abotu the other day, I thought that was gonna doom her

It's going viral.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
His Super Tuesday actions are based on him losing the black vote 80-20 this isnt multidimensional chess

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hillary's campaign soundtrack is significantly worse than Bernie's.

He ends all his rallies with Starman.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Can someone explain to me why they're even making such a big deal about Massachusetts? It's another white-ish New England state and has about 1% chance of going red in November.

What else do they have to talk about? It is the only competitive state super Tuesday IIRC

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

What about the hashtag everyone was talking abotu the other day, I thought that was gonna doom her

Twitter removed it, banned the user that started it, the removed a second one that replaced it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

Huh, that seems ok.

Oh

Guess Sanders shouldn't have voted for that 1994 crime bill which led to the disenfranchisement of millions of african americans across the south, now should he.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Sir Tonk posted:

White people trying to explain the behavior of black people will never stop being funny.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

Twitter removed it, banned the user that started it, the removed a second one that replaced it.

What was it/what's the story behind all this?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
He marched with MLK.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

What was the hashtag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Goetta posted:

His Super Tuesday actions are based on him losing the black vote 80-20 this isnt multidimensional chess

yeah the problem is that if he just loses the black vote 80-20 and the hispanic vote by between 10 and 15 points he probably just outright loses the nomination.

Soooooo

• Locked thread