Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

On Saturday, February 27 the Democratic party will hold a primary election in South Carolina, with polls open from 7am to 7pm local time (Eastern). This is an open primary, however, voters who participated in last week's Republican primary may not vote today.

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS?

http://www.c-span.org/ will have coverage throughout the night

In addition, these streaming sites often show the cable networks, which will be covering it.

http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

Please suggest in the thread any other streams.

RESULTS

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/south-carolina

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/

Please suggest other sources.

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES

• , Secretary of State
  • , Senator from Vermont

Martin O'Malley and Willie Wilson also appear on the ballot.

DEMOCRATIC PROCESS

53 of 59 delegates to the Democratic National Convention are pledged to presidential contenders based on the results of the voting in today's South Carolina Presidential Primary. A mandatory 15 percent threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be allocated National Convention delegates at either the congressional district or statewide level.

35 district delegates are to be allocated proportionally to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the State's 7 congressional districts.

In addition, 18 delegates are to be allocated to presidential contenders based on the primary vote statewide. 11 of these are at-large National Convention delegates and 7 are pledged PLEOs.

Finally, there are six unpledged PLEOs in South Carolina, four of whom are currently supporting Hillary Clinton, with two uncommitted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

welp

is it too early to start drinking?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

A thread of its own feels kind of superfluous unless Hillary somehow only wins by single digits in which case you're going to see some serious poo poo. It'll just be Dem primary chat and we know how that goes.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Out of curiosity, what time do the first precinct or whatever it's called results generally start rolling in?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bloody Queef posted:

Out of curiosity, what time do the first precinct or whatever it's called results generally start rolling in?

MSNBC has called it for Hillary already

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

7 PM ET?! What about Europe, man? Seriously Bernie, if you win, gotta change those voting hours.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bloody Queef posted:

A little after 7pm. State-run primaries are generally quick to count the vote since they can afford things like scantron ballots.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

blue squares posted:

lol

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

blue squares posted:

That seems kind of premature, I mean there could be a nuclear war or something and the primary might be cancelled. I was going to suggest an asteroid or a hurricane but we'd have noticed it by now.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

blue squares posted:

Comcast will be first against the wall

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Lord of Pie posted:

Comcast will be first against the wall

Does Bernie want to build a wall too? Hm, I may need to take another look at him.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Oiled and Ready posted:

Does Bernie want to build a wall too? Hm, I may need to take another look at him.

Oh my god that avatar...

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Antti posted:

A thread of its own feels kind of superfluous unless Hillary somehow only wins by single digits in which case you're going to see some serious poo poo. It'll just be Dem primary chat and we know how that goes.

What if Bernie drops out today?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Then people would be feeling burned by the bern.
:bernget:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whys clinton always smiling like shes got fucken braindamage

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

He's not dropping out anytime soon unless he gets smoked by a huge margin in every ST state. He's not running out of money like most of the Republicans were.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Orkin Mang posted:

whys clinton always smiling like shes got fucken braindamage

Her skin suit is itchy. It's a common problem amongst the reptiloid peoples.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

He's not dropping out anytime soon unless he gets smoked by a huge margin in every ST state. He's not running out of money like most of the Republicans were.

Bernie Sanders actually cares about more than himself though, so I'd bet he is much more willing to drop out sooner than he needs to if he knows the race is over, and then use that money to help other progressive causes. Not that he has been helping other progressive causes up to this point, but I have faith

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

If Bernie doesn't win the nom does that mean our kickstarter had insufficient funds

I want my November 2016 delivery date drat it, I'm at the 100 dollar rewards level

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Glad that SC has selected the most experienced and qualified candidate to run for president. Hillary will make America great again!

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I cast the tiebreaker vote for bernie over hillary... only for them both to lose to baby hitler

I think I'm getting a vision out of this SA poll here

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I'm so excited to get to vote for Hillary in an hour or so!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

I'm so excited to get to vote for Hillary in an hour or so!

Votes for Hillary are tomorrow

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

One of the local redneck newspaper men said in his front page editorial (usually reserved for freaking out about gays and commies) that Republicans vote Tuesday and Democrats vote Wednesday, and people are dumb enough that some of them will probably fall for it

Minsky
May 23, 2001

M... maybe it won't be too bad for Bernie??

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Lord of Pie posted:

One of the local redneck newspaper men said in his front page editorial (usually reserved for freaking out about gays and commies) that Republicans vote Tuesday and Democrats vote Wednesday, and people are dumb enough that some of them will probably fall for it

I'm a Canadian so I dunno what's up but isn't that illegal?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

It would be worth a thread, yes, because it would be extremely strange of him to do that right now.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Hillary will win by about as much as Bernie won New Hampshire

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

never happy posted:

I'm a Canadian so I dunno what's up but isn't that illegal?

The only limit to this guy saying dumb poo poo is the fact that it's only a weekly paper

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Bernie spent a whoolllee bunch of money in SC and Nevada. I think he, smartly, bet the farm on the first 4 states. A crushing loss here and a mediocre performance in ST probably sees him drop out unless his fundraising has been gangbusters post Nevada.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
Guessing Hilldawg's margin of victory will be somewhere in the low 20s thanks to the dire, unremitting current of inevitability http://www.theonion.com/article/clinton-credits-nevada-victory-inescapable-pitch-b-52396

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Wait, theres a D debate tonight? Why didnt anyone tell me of this before?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Antti posted:

Congrats on being the most prolific poster in the thread you think shouldn't exist because nobody will post in it. Your commitment to threadshitting is admirable and I look forward to more of your pearls of wisdom throughout the day.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
seig clit seig clit

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Lord of Pie posted:

Votes for Hillary are tomorrow

Quit being racist

I about changed my vote to Willie Wilson but wasn't convinced he had a chance, much like Bernie

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Sanders left SC this morning to Texas. Thought it was a good photo.

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/703581685393264640

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Congrats on being the most prolific poster in the thread you think shouldn't exist because nobody will post in it. Your commitment to threadshitting is admirable and I look forward to more of your pearls of wisdom throughout the day.

Truly, the Ted Cruz of posters.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Joementum posted:

Uh, nice meltdown, Joe.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

Quit being racist

I about changed my vote to Willie Wilson but wasn't convinced he had a chance, much like Bernie

Hillary isn't a race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

Sanders left SC this morning to Texas. Thought it was a good photo.

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/703581685393264640

Come the Revolution, South Carolina will be walled off Escape from New York style and used as the national dumping grounds for waste and other undesirables

E: Decision Desk has Sanders ahead by 7%. Wrap it up Hillailures!

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Feb 27, 2016

• Locked thread