Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bulba-Kazooie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

less laughter posted:

Victreebel and Persian are the best Blue exclusives.

Why is Persian good? Although I chose bulbasaur stupidly

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Criticals are based on the Speed stat in Gen 1 and Persian takes advantage of that fact.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RC Cola posted:

IIRC due to gen 1 weirdness, crit was tied to speed and Persian was fast enough to exploit this by having Slash crit all the time.

E: beaten

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RC Cola posted:

Why is Persian good?

Because its Slash attack crits every time and ignores stat changes (like lowered Attack or boosted Defense)

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

less laughter posted:

Because its Slash attack crits every time and ignores stat changes (like lowered Attack or boosted Defense)

And also increased attack and lowered defense because gen 1.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Golem and Rhydon are really good since they don't take much from Explosion and stop Zapdos in its tracks.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I think instead of getting Yellow, I'm getting Omega Ruby since I haven't played that one yet.

Is there a reason to not get Pokemon as a digital download besides space? I have an 8 gig card, that's big enough right?

I figured it would be good to have it digitally since I have X as a cartridge and then I could have both games on me without carrying anything else. But I wanted to check to see if I wasn't overlooking any advantages of having a physical copy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Is there a reason to not get Pokemon as a digital download besides space? I have an 8 gig card, that's big enough right?

OmegaRuby is 1.8 GB

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So with the 20th Anniversary on us I figured I'd try another run of Pokemon Y since its been a while and I was hoping to do it with some random eggs if people have any to spare.

FC is 3952- 7065- 8749

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

RC Cola posted:

In addition to having guaranteed Crit STAB Slash it can also learn Bubblebeam from Misty's TM to gently caress up any Rock types they try to bring in as a countermeasure.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

JordanKai posted:

The SuMo announcement got me back into the Pokémon playing mood, and oh my! :dance:

I hatched about 400 Mawile eggs over the course of a couple of weeks when I was still playing Pokémon Y sometime last year trying to get a shiny, but to no avail. This week I finally got one after about 100 hatches!

This is my first shiny Pokémon ever. Shiny Mega Mawile looks so cute! :3:

Welcome to the club. Kind of considering breeding another one to use in moon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Y'know what would be pretty sweet? If they bring back the secret base thing in Sun and Moon but tweak it a bit so it's a little more sophisticated. Like you can use your pokemon to alter the landscape a bit like in minecraft. Or hell give it mini kitchen or something so you can cook or juice berries and so on. Ah, the combination of my two favorite time wasters, I'd probably never leave the house again. :3:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Flopsy posted:

Y'know what would be pretty sweet? If they bring back the secret base thing in Sun and Moon but tweak it a bit so it's a little more sophisticated. Like you can use your pokemon to alter the landscape a bit like in minecraft. Or hell give it mini kitchen or something so you can cook or juice berries and so on. Ah, the combination of my two favorite time wasters, I'd probably never leave the house again. :3:

I want them to have Fly locations.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Zore posted:

So with the 20th Anniversary on us I figured I'd try another run of Pokemon Y since its been a while and I was hoping to do it with some random eggs if people have any to spare.

FC is 3952- 7065- 8749

I've been breeding up stuff today, so I'd be happy to send over a couple of random eggs. Give me some time and I'll make a few. FC is 2406-5121-2223.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have hatched over 6000 gligars and have hit 5 shinies. None have had immunity. Can someone trade me a bullshit shiny immunity gligar with 5 ivs and a good nature?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Geostomp posted:

All this talk is a reminder as to why I have no desire to buy these games. Going back to terribly designed G1 is far too painful for any amount of nostalgia I can muster to overcome.

scum.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ziddar posted:

I've been breeding up stuff today, so I'd be happy to send over a couple of random eggs. Give me some time and I'll make a few. FC is 2406-5121-2223.

Thanks! Yeah, Im just wonder trading for random stuff right now. IGN is Zore.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

RC Cola posted:

I have hatched over 6000 gligars and have hit 5 shinies. None have had immunity. Can someone trade me a bullshit shiny immunity gligar with 5 ivs and a good nature?

Isn't that a hidden ability? I thought you couldn't breed those unless you already had one with it

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

majormonotone posted:

Isn't that a hidden ability? I thought you couldn't breed those unless you already had one with it

Correct, and it's specifically the mother that needs to know it.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Laughing at all you suckers fighting Brock instead of doing the skip glitch. I picked Charmander, I am above consequences!

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

BlazetheInferno posted:

This was true until Gen 6, where male and genderless pokemon have a 20% chance to pass down their hidden ability if bred with a Ditto. Still has the requirement that hidden abilities never occur randomly when breeding.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

Laughing at all you suckers fighting Brock instead of doing the skip glitch. I picked Charmander, I am above consequences!

Somebody doesn't want the Attack boost the Boulderbadge gives you :rolleyes:

BlazetheInferno posted:

So yeah. I don't want to say you wasted hours of your life, RC Cola, but you wasted hours of your life.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

majormonotone posted:

Somebody doesn't want the Attack boost the Boulderbadge gives you :rolleyes:

So yeah. I don't want to say you wasted hours of your life, RC Cola, but you wasted hours of your life.

The mother did know it. I am just unlucky. But yes. I wasted about two weeks of train rides to and from work. And lunch and breaks.

RC Cola posted:

The mother did know it. I am just unlucky. But yes. I wasted about two weeks of train rides to and from work. And lunch and breaks.

I had a Japanese father, 6 IV. Mother was shiny(not that it matters) 5 IV with poison heal. Both has the right nature. It was so sad. I just want a blue gliscor with poison heal and good ivs/nature

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 28, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Double post

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Is there anything potentially useful or interesting to transfer over from RBY or is it mainly a nostalgia trip? I guess getting ahold of Mew isn't terrible.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I want them to have Fly locations.

I wanna build a sea side temple a la Steven Universe where I can kick rear end and bake pastries. I know there's like 0% chance of that happening but a girl can dream.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

RC Cola posted:

I had a Japanese father, 6 IV. Mother was shiny(not that it matters) 5 IV with poison heal. Both has the right nature. It was so sad. I just want a blue gliscor with poison heal and good ivs/nature

Come to the trading thread and we can talk

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Rose Spirit posted:

Come to the trading thread and we can talk

Link or PM please dear friend

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

RC Cola posted:

Link or PM please dear friend

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574421

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

We're about 37 minutes away from "The Future of Pokemon" on the stream. Probably something good there.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the future of pokemon, is good

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Dehry posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

We're about 37 minutes away from "The Future of Pokemon" on the stream. Probably something good there.

Huh? What is this? Right now they're just streaming Pokken.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 28, 2016

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it's some kind of stream in which painfully unpleasant redditors play pokemon to an audience of idiots and maybe there's something good later???

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

LemonLimeTime posted:

Huh? What is this? Right now they're just streaming Pokken.

I think that segment will start at 8:30.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Flopsy posted:

You know what would be great? If they brought back any convenience/luxury feature at all from past gens!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ungulateman posted:

it's some kind of stream in which painfully unpleasant redditors play pokemon to an audience of idiots and maybe there's something good later???

respect the j-wittz.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Boo to the guy dissing on Gen 1.

And for you all that don't care about transfers your phone with an emulator acts as a free gb-gba. You also get the benefit of x2 speed which helps a lot with the slow speed of the originals. I played all of yellow and Ruby with animations over the last two weeks and it was badass.

My critique of yellow is that since you get all of the starters there isn't much motivation to catch a bunch of mons and makes the game feel too easy. I would play red or blue if I were to do it again.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Should have just injected/save edited it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So did the thing happen yet

• Locked thread