Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

I've started spending money on mod packs because I have so goddamn much money I don't know what else to do. I'm starting to feel really dumb about putting effort into Forza rewards because I sure as hell don't actually need them.

Yeah, considering I can run 5 races in 30 minutes in career (or free play) and make more than clicking a link it's, "why bother?".

I just hit 10m when hitting level 300 so now have 76 million.

The Elite and Pinnacle league this week is "endurance" which is basically double the laps - but they may up that if it's a success. I'm trying to get out of Professional to Elite. I might go to Ghost Leagues and clean up a bit since it's based on your finish. Doesn't matter if you're a clean racer or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Yeah, considering I can run 5 races in 30 minutes in career (or free play) and make more than clicking a link it's, "why bother?".

The Elite and Pinnacle league this week is "endurance" which is basically double the laps - but they may up that if it's a success. I'm trying to get out of Professional to Elite. I might go to Ghost Leagues and clean up a bit since it's based on your finish. Doesn't matter if you're a clean racer or not.

I was wondering about that, because in the B-Class AWD Ghost league this week I'm standing on #66 of 1,847 but still "Grassroots" division. Built a ton of cool cars, though!

Also I already have over 50M forzabucks. Level 103 I think. VIP.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

I was wondering about that, because in the B-Class AWD Ghost league this week I'm standing on #66 of 1,847 but still "Grassroots" division. Built a ton of cool cars, though!

Also I already have over 50M forzabucks. Level 103 I think. VIP.

Your Level is based on MS' TrueSkill which is pure where you finish. Not based on anything like whether or not you wreck 500 other players to get there.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Your Level is based on MS' TrueSkill which is pure where you finish. Not based on anything like whether or not you wreck 500 other players to get there.
Well I never wreck anyone to win so I guess I'll just sit back here.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Well I never wreck anyone to win so I guess I'll just sit back here.

I try not to either, but sometimes they wreck themselves because they can't brake: https://gfycat.com/OrdinaryGleefulBedbug

Full Context - at ~6:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ruf40qx3O0

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

They don't mention it, but its also sim damage which reduces the idiots desire tk race it a little bit.

Also the grid ordering is based on the previous race best lap. So when you join a lobby you should do whatever to get a clean lap in, will start towards the front.

And IMO the 04 4 door Lancer is the best car.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They don't mention it, but its also sim damage which reduces the idiots desire tk race it a little bit.
Nope they are still there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYt3JUvIHtQ

It seems they shuffled the divisions. A lot of people were moved from Professional to Elite (and Elite to Pinnacle since it's been mentioned on the forza forums that it can be pretty sparse at times) and some of the people I've been racing with over the last month or so in leagues are now in Elite as well. The good news is we kinda know each other and communicate well. The bad news is a lot of the wreckers were also promoted. Once they realized their car was damaged most would quit out and leave the lobby altogether.

The Endurance League is pretty decent. It's nice to be able to go for double the laps and if you're down early you have time to make it up. Even with the extra laps most players were still able to finish the race.

quote:

Also the grid ordering is based on the previous race best lap. So when you join a lobby you should do whatever to get a clean lap in, will start towards the front.

And IMO the 04 4 door Lancer is the best car.

I used the 99 GSR. I have it tuned pretty well, but it feels a bit heavy in tight turns, not sure what I need to do to tune it out. It's terrible off of the line though so getting that fast clean lap to start on the first row doesn't really matter :/

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

I try not to either, but sometimes they wreck themselves because they can't brake: https://gfycat.com/OrdinaryGleefulBedbug

Full Context - at ~6:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ruf40qx3O0
Woah. That was unfortunate but good on you for continuing to back off until they were out of your way. That looked skillful.

This is a little bit of a bummer but I guess it's for the best.
My Ranked play results for this week were as follows:
I spent just a few day on Formula E. I had to switch to automatic because I couldn't hear when to shift or spare too much time looking at rev-counter. Finish: #160 of 1,202, reward 234,415CR. Not bad payout for some fairly fun racing, but division still Grassroots.

I spent a LOT of time on B Class AWD because I just couldn't stop building up new cars for it. By the end of the week I had a car for every situation. I met some really cool folks and added a ton of new friends. Finish: #55 out of 2,093, reward 977,500CR. Points-wise I figure that's a fairly respectable finish for a backmarker. Division: Grassroots.

I guess I have to either up my game or just get used to it. At least the lobbies were typically fairly full. Lots of people quit when they wreck. Damage is off so I figure what the hell, I'll just drive until the timer runs out. Crossing the finish line right when the end race timer hits 0:01 or even 0:00 and getting a place is pretty exhilarating.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 22, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

I used the 99 GSR. I have it tuned pretty well, but it feels a bit heavy in tight turns, not sure what I need to do to tune it out. It's terrible off of the line though so getting that fast clean lap to start on the first row doesn't really matter :/

Yea, the 04 lancer accelerates very well. I find its very easy to recover from mistakes with it. Very easy to correct when you over/understeer a corner.

Pretty much always get a top 5 lap time with it, usually not clean lap time since its drat near impossible to get a clean lap in multiplayer.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ever wanted to paint your Lotus but hated losing all the squiggly lines and the big "2 eleven" logo on the sides? I may have hosed up the search terms and missed it, but I couldn't find any one else's version of the 2 eleven logo.

Well, I've done something about that. A few somethings.

First, I beat my head against a wall until I had made this. I've shared it on the marketplace.

But what if you don't want a big yellow 2? I gotcha covered. I also shared the eleven and the 2 separately, so you can nab them both, put the 2 on the car, use the color change function to pick any color you like, then paste the "eleven" on top of it. Voilą!

I'm willing to take requests for palette swaps on the "eleven" and share them if you'll just throw me a "like" after you use it. Actually, any and all likes would be greatly appreciated!

If you really want the squiggly lines, I'm afraid I can't help ya there.

This'll do for this week. Needs a little better tune, but stock is stock:

O, GT is Captain Howdy 0 (that's a zero) in case you weren't familiar.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 23, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Here's a couple of races from the Endurance Sim League. The Trump Lancer was in full effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGG82-SMcfI

The second video, I go from 18th to 2nd. I didn't start 18th, just the 99 Lancer has such as lovely start with the wheel because of the lack of clutch. I do think that the endurance races will allow more players to get the "Through the Pack" achievement if they're into that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8ee_1Hc5A

What's interesting is that on both the driver whose rear end I'm riding is the same guy and he screws up both times right at the end.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Kickass replays, geeves.

This is why I enjoy League Racing as much as I do.
In B-Class AWD I must have built and tuned and painted ten cars. For this week, I only need two:

Stock Lotus Two-Eleven (which prompted me to make the logo):

and S-Class Global Touring Cars. I could only find one that was really very compelling, and it prompted me to make a bit of a mash-up of real-world liveries:

The best part is you only have to do the livery work once.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I made another stupid video of bad people. surprisingly no goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7NVYRWmIbc

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 25, 2016

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Here's Dizzle taking the corkscrew at Laguna like a pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6SLM21mxO4

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
"BRB shortcut" (please don't sue phone)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

I made another stupid video of bad people. surprisingly no goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7NVYRWmIbc

geeves I gotta thank you for (to quote Rubio) "dispensing with this notion" that higher divisions means better driving. I suddenly feel just fine hangin' at Grassroots. And sticking mostly with Ghost leagues. I've met very few funny people (I have met some) but they do mostly race clean. Your mileage may vary.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

geeves I gotta thank you for (to quote Rubio) "dispensing with this notion" that higher divisions means better driving. I suddenly feel just fine hangin' at Grassroots. And sticking mostly with Ghost leagues. I've met very few funny people (I have met some) but they do mostly race clean. Your mileage may vary.

I think Pinnacle may be the only real one with consequences since T10 employees often race in those leagues and take immediate action if someone is loving about. But I also hear it has its fair share of idiots as well.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Most of my races in the rally league thing this week have been much better than normal. I've been torpedoed off a corner once by some guy who took offence to me being in his way when he was looking to get back on the racing line.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Porsche expansion pack is next week?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Supposedly if the Amazon leak was correct.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The Porsche pack is the last one to come with the season pass, correct?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Porsche packs are never included with season passes. it's a separate license.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Norns posted:

The Porsche pack is the last one to come with the season pass, correct?
No, the Porsche pack isn't included in the Season Pass. It's its own stand alone pack.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ah okay. Still worth it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

In this latest edition of 'Cubivore buys real dumb poo poo', I present to you my new daily driver

Guess I should get Toyota affinity to level 25 now

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Forza Horizons 3 looking really good.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cubey posted:

In this latest edition of 'Cubivore buys real dumb poo poo', I present to you my new daily driver

That looks shockingly unmolested and the dash doesn't even appear to be destroyed. Nice.

Plot twist: It's a fiero

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cubey posted:

I'm jealous.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Open B class mid engine next time?

Edit:confused this with the GTCC thread

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

Take off the trunk lid and you got yourself a Toyota El Camino

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This was not a good post

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 28, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

it's even white.....

I'd like to drive it next time you are in burlington

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I have determined that I cannot do online hoppers in this game. Me and a friend just played for about two hours and the only single race I did not get taken out intentionally in was a race where I started first and was able to escape. I do not understand what the holy gently caress happened between Forza 4 and this to make the online so loving awful but it is just completely unplayable. Every loving person flies across the track on straights to wreck you or slams into the back of you at 150 on hairpin turns to wreck you. It is unbelievable how bad it is. I have never played any racing game online in all my years that was anywhere even approaching the level of how bad Forza 6's online community is. I got wrecked less often doing online demo derby races in Grid.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Welcome to the frunk crew :mrgw:

Heres a pic of my moneypit/occasional driver!

Bonus if you can guess what corner that is. 😁

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's Sunday and there's still been no official announcement about the Porsche pack. :/ In fact where is the March DLC pack or was February the last month?

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 28, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

Hopefully mine won't be a moneypit. At the very least it should be easier and cheaper to find parts for it than it was for my FB.

I said come in! posted:

It's Sunday and there's still been no official announcement about the Porsche pack. :/ In fact where is the March DLC pack or was February the last month?

There will be a March DLC pack. As far as the Porsche pack, I also am waiting on news just because VIR. Thought they'd have said something by now, it's weird.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

There will be a March DLC pack. As far as the Porsche pack, I also am waiting on news just because VIR. Thought they'd have said something by now, it's weird.

My thought process was that they were not going to just drop it randomly on Tuesday. They would have had something on their Youtube channel and Twitter by now, not to mention official website. If there is a March DLC pack though then its delayed it seems like unless that's being released unannounced too.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

track day bro! posted:

Graham Hill Bend aka Turn 3 - Brands Hatch?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

My thought process was that they were not going to just drop it randomly on Tuesday. They would have had something on their Youtube channel and Twitter by now, not to mention official website. If there is a March DLC pack though then its delayed it seems like unless that's being released unannounced too.

Turn 10 has gotten progressively worse at telling Forza fans much of anything the past few years so I'm not too surprised. As long as the content is good, whatever. Still holding out hope that we get the Z31 300zx, Mazda AZ-1 and Subaru XT someday, they're really the only cars left that I give a poo poo about that Forza doesn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

Turn 10 has gotten progressively worse at telling Forza fans much of anything the past few years so I'm not too surprised. As long as the content is good, whatever. Still holding out hope that we get the Z31 300zx, Mazda AZ-1 and Subaru XT someday, they're really the only cars left that I give a poo poo about that Forza doesn't have.

Dan Greenawalt said on his Twitter too that he is going to the Geneva Autoshow and that he will be talking about Motorsport and Horizon.

• Locked thread