Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Goetta posted:

His Super Tuesday actions are based on him losing the black vote 80-20 this isnt multidimensional chess

yeah the problem is that if he just loses the black vote 80-20 and the hispanic vote by between 10 and 15 points he probably just outright loses the nomination.

Soooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Haha she's already basically saying it's over. I love you Hilldog

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
It'll be interesting to see whether Hillary's reverse Southern strategy can beat Bernie's coalition of non-black people for the Democratic nomination.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

Lol how does one run up the score in a primary?

That's smart. Virginia maybe not so smart, but the other states I don't see him getting.

In one sense, sure. Still looks quite bad that Sanders isn't even making a token effort to try to be President of black america, instead focusing on becoming President of white america only.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

My Imaginary GF posted:

Guess Sanders shouldn't have voted for that 1994 crime bill which led to the disenfranchisement of millions of african americans across the south, now should he.

Actually, it seems like he would have been better off trying to be more aggressive in disenfranchising African-Americans.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Man its weird when you realize you're privileged enough to weather a Trump presidency since he shows no signs of going against women's reproductive rights and you're white so even if he went sincere on his race baiting policies you'd be largely unaffected. That and my job can't be outsourced.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hillary is going to curbstomp Trump so bad :laffo:

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Bernie was within 10-/+ points of voters blacks under 30. There was just so very few of them. Very.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Mitt Romney posted:

MSNBC just asked if Clinton made a mistake running up the score in SC.

This is great news... for Hillary!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Just imagine how frustrating the last month has been for Hillary, knowing the whole time this was going to happen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now TYT are MST3King Hillary's speech.

They, really, really, really don't like Hillary.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Actually, it seems like he would have been better off trying to be more aggressive in disenfranchising African-Americans.

It's a difficult balancing act. Disenfranchise too many, and you lose for lack of black votes. Disenfranchise too few, and you lose for lack of white and black votes.

What can ya do?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Goetta posted:

His Super Tuesday actions are based on him losing the black vote 80-20 this isnt multidimensional chess

He's not going to stave off his delegate bleeding in the south by winning CO or MN by 5 more points. Its a huge mistake in my opinion.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The live results thread on /r/sandersforpresident is having an ongoing discussion about Hillary winning the over 65 black vote by 96%.

The most popular theories are that old black people are socially and economically conservative, have a "plantation mentality" that caused them to never even consider Bernie, and a link to the Wikipedia page for "Antisemitism in the United States: Jump to African-Americans."

I forget who on twitter but she said it the best. When you are black and the republicans are trying to take away your right to vote and poisoning your neighborhood the banks aren't the biggest threat when your Hispanic and the republicans are want to deport 12 million of you the banks aren't the biggest threat. That and they don't have banks in minority area's.

As a White guy I never have to worry about them trying to make it where I can't vote, etc,etc.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Bernie was within 10-/+ points of voters blacks under 30. There was just so very few of them. Very.

It's a good sign for the future but oof

not a good sign for him now

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ask yourself: Why?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

triple sulk posted:

Haha she's already basically saying it's over. I love you Hilldog

"I want to congratulate Senator Sanders for running a great race. And tomorrow this campaign goes national,"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Joementum posted:

Just imagine how frustrating the last month has been for Hillary, knowing the whole time this was going to happen.

I think this actually kind of a big deal as you alluded too earlier. It wasn't a for sure thing that there was going to be a continuation of the Obama coalition. It is a very good thing both for HRC and the dems in general that things have gone like this I think.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mitt Romney posted:

He's not going to stave off his delegate bleeding in the south by winning CO or MN by 5 more points. Its a huge mistake in my opinion.

He's also not going to win Georgia, no matter how many ads he runs.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GrimGypsy posted:

I have some bad news

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

GrimGypsy posted:

She's doing awful with millenials.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Reddit is going to need to hire some self-harm reduction therapists for /r/SandersForPresident on Tuesday.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Joementum posted:

He's also not going to win Georgia, no matter how many ads he runs.

On one hand, I think it doesn't matter if he wins. Just if he can tip another delegate or two.

On the other hand, I also think the race is basically over.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Caller posted:

Which are a known bastion of republican support, that also actually turns out to vote

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

zen death robot posted:

What about the hashtag everyone was talking abotu the other day, I thought that was gonna doom her

it broke the internet

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I'm genuinely curious how people think Bernie supporters are going to react when he endorses Clinton wholeheartedly if she wins the nomination - which he almost certainly will. Do they just embrace cognitive dissonance and assume he's putting up a front, or do they follow his lead?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Concerned Citizen posted:

On one hand, I think it doesn't matter if he wins. Just if he can tip another delegate or two.

On the other hand, I also think the race is basically over.

It was over a year ago when she cleared the field.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Bad Caller posted:

and if millennials voted in sufficient numbers to matter sanders would get the nom

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Good news. Another exit poll wave has come in. The previous wave was mistaken. Hillary won the black vote 87-13.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Ask yourself: Why?

Due to the demographics of Democratic voters in the state, obviously. Why the question?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Reminder that black people are only 12% of the US population, and most are in red states still.

She needs a solid Latino vote and youth vote turnout, the later seeming unlikely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Schnorkles posted:

I think this actually kind of a big deal as you alluded too earlier. It wasn't a for sure thing that there was going to be a continuation of the Obama coalition. It is a very good thing both for HRC and the dems in general that things have gone like this I think.

This is legitimately a gamechanger. It was always conventional wisdom that she was gonna do well but she just shattered the Obama coalition high points and that does not bode well for Sanders or her Republican opponent. You think this is a blowout? Wait until it's her vs a dude who says 'the blacks' like that's a good thing and talks about Mexicans as if they're an invasive plant.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/703744673534369793
🔥

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any logical explanation for how Trump might not lose by 10+ points to Hillary in the general because this "Only Sanders can beat Trump" narrative makes no sense.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like Bernie. He's my primary choice and I've done work for him, as little as that matters in Indiana with our late primary and awfulness of the state. I don't want the ride to end though I always felt like his chances outside of really white states was shaky :(

I'm happy to vote for Hillary though!

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

I forget who on twitter but she said it the best. When you are black and the republicans are trying to take away your right to vote and poisoning your neighborhood the banks aren't the biggest threat when your Hispanic and the republicans are want to deport 12 million of you the banks aren't the biggest threat. That and they don't have banks in minority area's.

As a White guy I never have to worry about them trying to make it where I can't vote, etc,etc.

It really is surprising how hard this is to grasp for some people.

This is a failure primarily of white, straight male liberal thoughts and their thoughts on "identity politics" (and others who can say things like "Well, I won't be affected THAT much"). That poo poo DOES matter. It doesn't mean you have to give up that other stuff but when you kind of shrug it off and say "But the economy..." it sounds the same way it does in personal conversations when someone's telling you about something that's hurting or bothering them and you minimize it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

You telling me people under 30 don't vote?

Bad Caller posted:

Oh dear

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Note that Hillary has been talking for ten minutes now about Wall Street corruption and the need to prosecute it.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Bad Caller posted:

That'll definitely be more important than the female vote, black vote, hispanic vote, latino vote, muslim vote, LGBT vote, catholic vote...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm also interested in seeing the total Dem turnout

• Locked thread