Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Unless your buddy enlisted at birth, I don't think that math works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Godholio posted:

Unless your buddy enlisted at birth, I don't think that math works.

Member of the Secret USAF Super Soldier Program. Unfortunately it was run by AFPC.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Wild T posted:

It's all based off of when he checked in, stopped leave/travel and reported to his unit. If you PM me his name/rank I can get that for you, btw*.But until MilPDS is updated with a date saying "he's here" (this may be backdated) he'd still show against you on the books. So if his DAS was before the accountability date the gaining base needs to write it, but if he was gained after you're boned and need to write it.

Wait are we talking EPRs again? gently caress. So, umm... Who's got pictures of how women in Air Force uniforms?

*That is, the official DAS that matters. I've already seen units pull the "well he was here, but we didn't send him to MPF to inprocess for a week or so, so he'll fall on you." Since the MPS can/will backdate the gain to the day dude shows up this usually backfires hilariously and makes them look dumb.

Thanks, Wild T. In pennance, I crawled through some disgusting things and found this for you.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
No problem man. My Little John just became a medium John.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Med girls :allears:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
That's a magical rank

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

She's within six months of aging 8 years overnight.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
This is a long read, but holy poo poo.

http://www.jqpublicblog.com/how-to-destroy-a-fellow-airman-in-four-words-the/

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
Have a buddy of mine who knew that guy from when he worked at JCSE. Shits hosed up.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Godholio posted:

She's within six months of aging 8 years overnight.

I guess, dude: http://charissalittlejohn.com/gallery/

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
When I was in Iraq, one of the PA officers I worked with had submitted a before/after pic to some muscle mag. The issue that published her photos happened to make its way to the common area via a care package. Fortunately, someone recognized her and removed it. She already had some gym stalkers so it was for the best.

That said, that Airman is loving hot.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The joke was that once the hot SrA pins on staff they tend to start aging noticeably compared to their subordinates. A play on the "18 year olds, man" joke.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Jesus loving Christ :staredog:

I read some of the comments, uggghhhhhhhh

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I got too mad reading that and didn't finish.

Did anything happen to the liar who levied the false claim against Turpiano?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The only person I've known who pulled something like that got RIFed, went to the guard, and was immediately promoted.

Edit: She's an O.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 27, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Worlds Greatest Air Force

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Larry Parrish posted:

Worlds Greatest Air Force

When reminded that the 2nd greatest has lost planes due to ground crews getting drunk off of deicing and hydraulic fluids and signing off on the air frames it's easy to gauge how easy that award is to get

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

AkrisD posted:

Thanks, Wild T. In pennance, I crawled through some disgusting things and found this for you.

There was a guy named Littlejohn when I was in tech school. He was a fuckup who got held back a month or two in basic, and several people had told stories about him before he ever showed up at Keesler. There was some other idiot who was on perpetual CQ duty because he was trying to get out or something, and Littlejohn decided to punch him in the back of the head. That was when they finally decided to kick him out.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
good to see all the investigative services of the military proceed the same way

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

krispykremessuck posted:

good to see all the investigative services of the military proceed the same way

I had three students in two years that I had to go after due to prior sex convictions in their records they did not disclose and the Air Force did not catch. At this point, nothing can surprise me when it comes to AF record reviews or investigations.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it
Does anyone know if AMEX is still waiving the $450 fee for their Platinum cards for military?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rythe posted:

I had three students in two years that I had to go after due to prior sex convictions in their records they did not disclose and the Air Force did not catch. At this point, nothing can surprise me when it comes to AF record reviews or investigations.

So what's happening to them?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
So what is this now, the third or fourth documented case of OSI denying someone counsel after they've explicitly invoked their right to it?

Also I love how a Brady violation barely gets a sentence worth of mention. In the non-bizarro world of our normal justice system that's (in theory) cause for disbarment (just ask Mike Nifong) but within the military justice system apparently that's just Tuesday.

Without even getting into the (admittedly one-sided) stuff that was cribbed from the appeals paperwork, the stuff that was pulled just from the record (court transcripts, witness testimonies/statements, etc) is mind-blowing.

Vesting convening authority powers in the hands of one individual, who by nature has to be a political animal, is playing out to its logical conclusion. The Grand Jury system has its faults but it's a drat sight better than what's going on right now in the military justice system. It was wrong when Wilkerson's verdict got overturned due to the GOB system, and it was wrong here where the exact opposite happened. When your system can make both the "all men are rapists" crowd and the "all women are sluts who are asking for it" crowd agree that your system is broken, you probably need to take a look at changing things.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

AFStealth posted:

Does anyone know if AMEX is still waiving the $450 fee for their Platinum cards for military?

yes, they are. plus it's free for your spouse or other family members.

the centurion lounge in Dallas is like baller level 5000+++

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Godholio posted:

So what's happening to them?

One of them was doing time at Miramar for rape charges, what a surprise he did what he got arrested for as a civilian in the military and then additional charges where brought out when we found out he was soliciting minors too. So I got to pick his rear end up from Miramar, bring him back to Sheppard for a General Court Martial and then proceed to ship his rear end off to Leavenworth for another 18 year stay.

The second one we just kicked out under falsifying his enlistment paperwork, that was surprisingly a super fast process. Filling in for a year as a substitute First Sergeant on a training squadron has filled me with a general hatred and loathing of mostly anybody under the age of 20.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
also, I can't get over that loving mole on that girl. it ruins her face. hot body most def, but she's like your typical crossfit white girl who has to cake on 5 lbs of make up and ages like a fine glass of milk

not that I wouldn't hit it anyway, but she's like, camgirl hot.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Rekinom posted:

Does the card just get you into the lounge, or is it an all-inclusive thing with free drinks?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Rythe posted:

Filling in for a year as a substitute First Sergeant on a training squadron

It was a training squadron at Sheppard too, right?

You poor soul

Rekinom posted:

also, I can't get over that loving mole on that girl. it ruins her face. hot body most def, but she's like your typical crossfit white girl who has to cake on 5 lbs of make up and ages like a fine glass of milk

not that I wouldn't hit it anyway, but she's like, camgirl hot.

lol

Rek droppin' truth bombs

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

So what is this now, the third or fourth documented case of OSI denying someone counsel after they've explicitly invoked their right to it?

Also I love how a Brady violation barely gets a sentence worth of mention. In the non-bizarro world of our normal justice system that's (in theory) cause for disbarment (just ask Mike Nifong) but within the military justice system apparently that's just Tuesday.

Without even getting into the (admittedly one-sided) stuff that was cribbed from the appeals paperwork, the stuff that was pulled just from the record (court transcripts, witness testimonies/statements, etc) is mind-blowing.

Vesting convening authority powers in the hands of one individual, who by nature has to be a political animal, is playing out to its logical conclusion. The Grand Jury system has its faults but it's a drat sight better than what's going on right now in the military justice system. It was wrong when Wilkerson's verdict got overturned due to the GOB system, and it was wrong here where the exact opposite happened. When your system can make both the "all men are rapists" crowd and the "all women are sluts who are asking for it" crowd agree that your system is broken, you probably need to take a look at changing things.

Military Justice is a farce. It's still literally just you talking to another commander. Most of the time they're not even judges.

This story is like the one where that dude went into a .mil hospital (Travis, I think?) for a routine appendectomy. Woke up a double amputee and nothing happened to the quacks who cost him his legs. They were still practicing and seeing patients the very next day, and for months therafter. The MDG commander swore up and down his docs did nothing wrong and everything was by the book.

I do think the air force gave the guy a house or something?

edit: http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2009/07/airman_loses_legs_after_gallbl.html

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Military Justice is a farce. It's still literally just you talking to another commander. Most of the time they're not even judges.

Well it depends. If you're talking SCM then yeah.

GCMs like this though have a full-up trial with a judge and real* lawyers and a jury and everything.

* they've at least had to pass the bar**

** unless they're running the USAF JAG Corps

Of course I'd argue the GCM system is broken too (specifically the concept of one individual having the final say on whether or not to go to trial, as opposed to a jury), as this case lays out

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rythe posted:

One of them was doing time at Miramar for rape charges, what a surprise he did what he got arrested for as a civilian in the military and then additional charges where brought out when we found out he was soliciting minors too. So I got to pick his rear end up from Miramar, bring him back to Sheppard for a General Court Martial and then proceed to ship his rear end off to Leavenworth for another 18 year stay.

The second one we just kicked out under falsifying his enlistment paperwork, that was surprisingly a super fast process. Filling in for a year as a substitute First Sergeant on a training squadron has filled me with a general hatred and loathing of mostly anybody under the age of 20.

Good. I was honestly afraid the answer was going to be something like "OTH discharges."

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

It was a training squadron at Sheppard too, right?

You poor soul

Yeah it was at Sheppard but honestly I loved about 99% of the job. I was actually able to do a ton of good for the younger Airmen, I actually felt like I made a difference vs being and instructor and I got to kick out a ton of dumb asses that definitely do not need to be any where near airplanes or other people. Plus all the slacking off I got to do, no set schedule, got to take my motorcycle 45 mins away with the Commander to get burgers, the job definitely had it perks, enough so that I am seriously contemplating trying to get a diamond if I make MSgt this year. Plus going out with OSI to watch them burn a ton of drugs was awesome and I got a ton of stories like the time I got to tell my GP/CC that one of my TDY SSgts lost a stripper on base and I am not talking about the mechanical kind.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

This story is like the one where that dude went into a .mil hospital (Travis, I think?) for a routine appendectomy. Woke up a double amputee and nothing happened to the quacks who cost him his legs. They were still practicing and seeing patients the very next day, and for months therafter. The MDG commander swore up and down his docs did nothing wrong and everything was by the book.

I do think the air force gave the guy a house or something?

edit: http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2009/07/airman_loses_legs_after_gallbl.html

I never heard that story but everyone avoided David Grant like a plague since its where they give Captain Last-In-Class his residency training. On the plus side if you wanted something that usually isn't covered by TRICARE it's possible to get it as a freebie there.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

Rekinom posted:

Awesome. Got instantly approved and fly through Dallas at least once a month.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Is captain last in class the doctor who skewered the aorta?

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Arc Light posted:

Does the card just get you into the lounge, or is it an all-inclusive thing with free drinks?

all inclusive. they even have an in-house massage therapist that's free.

sg54
May 9, 2012
Never been through the lounge in DFW; but the one in SFO was awesome. Been there 3 times on my way to Auckland/Australia. Great set up.

That card will pays for itself and more. Hilton gold membership, $200 airline credits and TSA precheck are nice touches.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
FYI TSA precheck is automatic for all military members.

when booking tickets, under Known Traveler ID, enter your DoD ID number.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures/military-travelers

sg54
May 9, 2012

xaarman posted:

FYI TSA precheck is automatic for all military members.

when booking tickets, under Known Traveler ID, enter your DoD ID number.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures/military-travelers

I didn't know this; where were you in 6 months ago :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Casimir Radon posted:

There was a guy named Littlejohn when I was in tech school. He was a fuckup who got held back a month or two in basic, and several people had told stories about him before he ever showed up at Keesler. There was some other idiot who was on perpetual CQ duty because he was trying to get out or something, and Littlejohn decided to punch him in the back of the head. That was when they finally decided to kick him out.

When were you at Keesler? I was there in 2001 and there was a Littlejohn when I went to Keesler that was a perpetual gently caress up

• Locked thread