Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the SC primary?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Willie Wilson
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm in the same boat. Hell I'm still voting for Bernie on Tuesday. But I recognize that as long as Hillary wins in November the progressive movement will get a bit stronger as the years go on. Elizabeth Warren 2024 come on down!

Warren will be as old in 2024 as Bernie is this cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Wow, these guys seem split. Hopefully they make up their minds soon.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
edit: wrong thread

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Also now there's a remote chance that Trump really fucks things up for the Republicans this year, so that's awesome.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Most blacks don't follow the news from reliable sources. Many have never even been to reddit.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

There is enough people that probably think either candidate is ok with them, so they just don't bother. My mom didn't vote even though I have been educating her on Bernie for months.

quote:

That is exactly how Hitler ended up leader of the Nazis. Your mom is of a dangerous mindset. She might not care about the world, because she'll be gone, but the rest of us who have to live in it need Bernie. Do you really want someone with a mindset like that in your life? Especially after tonight?

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

You're just being mean now.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

I don't get it; I wanted Bernie and don't even like Hillary that much, but why are people pretending she's somehow a bad candidate? She's a loving hilariously powerful candidate. It's a real credit to Sanders that he made the impact against her that he did, even if she was clearly holding back so far.

She's actually an awful candidate that is the embodiment of the cancer that has been eroding this country for 50+ years.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

The Clintons are really gross.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Yudo posted:

Do they smell bad?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Concerned Citizen posted:

Check out Pickens county in the north. That was supposed to be a sure win for Sanders. Went 11% for Clinton.

It'll be interesting to read about this in the next few days to see what happened.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

If you write the candidate and ask for a refund, or get yourself in the paper so that the candidate keeping your $ makes them look bad, then maybe.

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
drat, I'm starting to think Bernie might not win tonight.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Nostrum posted:

She's actually an awful candidate that is the embodiment of the cancer that has been eroding this country for 50+ years.

Wow Reddit really is melting down.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mitt Romney posted:

Check out Pickens county in the north. That was supposed to be a sure win for Sanders. Went 11% for Clinton.

It'll be interesting to read about this in the next few days to see what happened.

I've been keeping track of it because I always read it as T. Boone Pickens County and that makes me smile

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

I went canvassing in Arizona for the first time today. You are all so depressed, and I'm feeling good. For the first time in years I respect myself and women noticed it. Try donating - it's like a little hot chocolate for your soul. Try phonebanking - it's like a warm blanket on a cold night. Try committing to canvass tomorrow - you'll feel that it isn't over yet! Here's my $50 for the night!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Boogie posted:

Ground game!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children - Bernie Sanders

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

GrimGypsy posted:

If they cared this much about winning, they should've been backing Trump.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yudo posted:

The business decisions of the Clinton post-Presidency are gross and are a liability for the campaign, as is the competency of Clintonworld in general, her lack of youth support, and the fact that every Democratic primary so far has lagged in turnout.

These are all things the campaign is going to need to work to correct as we move into the general election.

The known unknown is how her likely opponent will conduct his campaign.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr. Boogie posted:

I still have hope

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children - Bernie Sanders

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Supposedly Sanders' plane doesn't have internet and they just learned of the margin when they landed. Related:

https://twitter.com/ABCLiz/status/703756658472828928

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
2016 is where your dreams go to die my young padawans

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

Tell yourself whatever makes the dissonance in your head go away. Just remember: Paradol Ex was right.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

If they cared this much about winning, they should've been backing Trump.

I honestly bet they will pretty soon

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"I've said it multiple times but Hillary is essentially relying on the Southern Strategy to win the DNC nomination. It really is a wtf kind of moment." - someone who does not know what the Southern Strategy is

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Watching Hillary's speech makes me believe that this primary has improved her political skills enormously.

If she wins, this primary has made her a much better candidate, in abilities and message.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

This article tells me that once out of the south, she is in trouble. Blacks are only 12% of the population and they are concentrated in red states. It is unfair and crazy to let them run the party.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Goetta posted:

You will be too when the Trumpstapo come knocking.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Welcome to the American Election Scene you bright eyed berners. No one cares and its completely bought by the rich. Your only hope now is revenge under Trump.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

The business decisions of the Clinton post-Presidency are gross and are a liability for the campaign, as is the competency of Clintonworld in general, her lack of youth support, and the fact that every Democratic primary so far has lagged in turnout.

These are all things the campaign is going to need to work to correct as we move into the general election.

The known unknown is how her likely opponent will conduct his campaign.

Like no campaign has ever been conducted before.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yoshifan823 posted:

"I've said it multiple times but Hillary is essentially relying on the Southern Strategy to win the DNC nomination. It really is a wtf kind of moment." - someone who does not know what the Southern Strategy is

It's important to note that the "Southern Strategy" died in 2000 and anyone who cites it as anything except a historical artifact now is a fool.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

We need an r/s4p thread because this poo poo is amazing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lol this is great.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Goetta posted:

Yeah, the writing's on the wall. The path of anger and frustration has already led many young Redditors to the Trump side.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

When I say, "there's a good portion of Bernie supporters who will absolutely flip to Trump in the general when it becomes white versus black" this is what I'm talking about

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

theblackw0lf posted:

Watching Hillary's speech makes me believe that this primary has improved her political skills enormously.

If she wins, this primary has made her a much better candidate, in abilities and message.

I don't think she's significantly better than she was in 2008. But people definitely under-rated her skills this year because of her narrow loss back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Joementum posted:

It's important to note that the "Southern Strategy" died in 2000 and anyone who cites it as anything except a historical artifact now is a fool.

I mean, as an official thing it's dead, but let's not act like Republicans stopped race baiting.

• Locked thread