Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

it really should surprise nobody that idiot nerds are running around calling people they don't like cuckolds

gently caress huey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

if someone needs coupon for 75% off valkyria chronicles, let me know. it's valid until march 1

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my favorite alien design so far

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

they don't even use it like that, they use it to mean "a guy whose girlfriend/wife/female sexual partner is cheating on him", which honestly belays quite a lot about their view of both relationships and women. if women are property and a relationship is about a man controlling a woman, then a woman cheating on a man is a sign that he's a weak effete loser who clearly isn't man enough to hold down a relationship and not, y'know, a guy who happened to date a cheater

"a guy whose girlfriend/wife/female sexual partner is cheating on him" is the literal original definition of "cuckoƖd"

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
a ww1 game would only be fun if you got to massacre the generals on both sides and overthrow outdated monarchies, instead of dying in the mud for no reason at all. It was a terrible war where defensive technology far outpaced offensive technology, I don't know how you make that fun

also the use of psycho-sexual insults is what unifies a whole continuum of lovely internet people, from 4chan racists to the gamergate crowd. They're basically all just dumb white male reactionaries mad about losing privilege and their own lack of success because of systemic economic inequality. of course, they're the pathetic weaklings lashing out because of their own insecurities, but apparently it's everyone else that is not man enough (to be racist and sexist)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
like, it's strange that a bunch of shut-in nerds who hate women try to suggest that they're alpha males, as though that's a) a thing and b) the way anyone would describe someone who is an objective loser

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sagebrush posted:

"a guy whose girlfriend/wife/female sexual partner is cheating on him" is the literal original definition of "cuckoƖd"

i thought the term included (willful) knowledge of the fact that your girlfriend fucks someone else, which is why it became a beta bitch fetish?!?!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

like, it's strange that a bunch of shut-in nerds who hate women try to suggest that they're alpha males, as though that's a) a thing and b) the way anyone would describe someone who is an objective loser

I wonder how they justify it in their head when they are probably daily emasculated irl. probably like heh good move fellow alpha bro

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Katana Gomai posted:

i thought the term included (willful) knowledge of the fact that your girlfriend fucks someone else, which is why it became a beta bitch fetish?!?!

that's the fetish

the original term referred to a man whose wife was cheating on him without his knowledge

here:

http://bit.ly/1oG9BfC

Al! posted:

I wonder how they justify it in their head when they are probably daily emasculated irl. probably like heh good move fellow alpha bro

the same way they justify(ed) calling people gay

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if there was awareness of the adultery in the original definition, it was seen as "this man is so weak that he can't stop his wife from cheating / can't fight off the other man" etc.

i don't think that the possibility of the man wanting to see his wife get hosed by other dudes entered into it until recently

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sagebrush posted:

i don't think that the possibility of the man wanting to see his wife get hosed by other dudes entered into it until recently

loving millenials

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

changing the cheating paradigm

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Space-Pope posted:

there is a ww1 fps. it's called verdun

it's alright. basically ww1-flavored red orchestra. iirc it doesn't have any of the weird and unique ww1 stuff like gas and turtle tanks

gas has been in for a while now and it owns. you can even get different types of gas.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

there was also one called "darkest day" where you were some kind of timecrimes agent who had to go back to all these historical battles and ensure that the right people lived and died. at least a few of those levels were in ww1.

it was way cooler in theory than in concept, though. like, they really didn't take good enough advantage of teh cool situations you could get from mixing past and future. i was really disappointed when i didn't get to barbecue a knight in plate armor with a microwave cannon

this was "darkest of days". ycs superstar and johnny.jpg tribute artist gauss worked on it

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
that game was loving terrible but kind of hilariously so

Notorious QIG posted:

also is it just me or is cutting bullets out of the air way too finicky

yeah it's a little weird and i swear i have melee attacks miss when they shouldn't. also i have no idea what triggers a falling kill on an enemy vs just punching them in the air

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

wind wanker continuing to be a good game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

triple sulk posted:

i wanna get another 3ds game. i already have conquest and xenoblade chronicles. i'm in between bravely default (the demo seems ok but kinda just plops you in the middle of things), a pokemans (though i'm probably getting yellow for nostalgia reasons), or one of the three zeldas though i've never been able to really get into the 3d ones. or maybe something else if anyone has a recommendation. on a side note it's loving impossible to find a copy of bravely in stores so i'm resigned to getting the digital pretty much.

link between worlds is really amazing

it took me 4-5 hours to get into xenoblade, but it's always mostly MMORPG-esque quests.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Al! posted:

haha

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
n.i.g.eg.r.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

that game was loving terrible but kind of hilariously so

yeah it's a little weird and i swear i have melee attacks miss when they shouldn't. also i have no idea what triggers a falling kill on an enemy vs just punching them in the air

same goes for head shots tbh. no idea what actually counts and what doesn't

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BBJoey posted:

superhot is the most innovative shooter i've played in years

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

same goes for head shots tbh. no idea what actually counts and what doesn't

wait why do head shots matter

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Al! posted:

Cucks.

Canucks.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum

Korean Boomhauer posted:

gas has been in for a while now and it owns. you can even get different types of gas.

Is there a chance the wind changes and you kill your entire team with phosgene or whatever?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yametide is amazing and sad

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Blackula69 posted:

are you surprised at all that white male nerds are projecting their insecurities onto others? especially now that we've got such a hostile medium as the internet?

back when the nerd social act was playing dungeons & dragons, you'd at least have some sort of tangible reaction to being a shithead

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

are you surprised at all that white male nerds are projecting their insecurities onto others? especially now that we've got such a hostile medium as the internet?

back when the nerd social act was playing dungeons & dragons, you'd at least have some sort of tangible reaction to being a shithead

Lolling because I started playing mtg and ad&d in the early nineties and even pre-internet that poo poo was full of toxic people.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
idk man. like yeah you always get lovely people, but i feel like it was still less lovely than kids playing call of duty or whatever

also, found another review for that harvest moon-esque game:

quote:

You start the game with 500 of whatever passes for currency. It cost like 150 for a loaf of bread. I can buy a loaf of bread for about 2.50. Which means your character quit his job and went to work on a farm with the equivolent of less than 10 dollars to his name. Poor life choices aside the economy is as arbitrary as it can get.

I know this is not supposed to be a simulator but alot of things don't add up. Maybe if the game takes place in Russia just after the fall of the Soviet Union the economy might make sense. Likely these aspects of the game are to promote the self reliance and crafting system. Probably a great game for many people but suspending my disbilief just isn't working. This comeing from a buy who loves fantasy as a genre.

Take this with a huge grain of salt as i only played less than an hour of gameplay but right out of the gate I was turned off. So if you're a wet blacket like me look somewhere else. If you're everyone else you'll probably enjoy the game.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
the game is real good BTW. gotta get rich to impress my boyfriend

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

wait why do head shots matter

they don't, but you get a special headshot message when you score one

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

idk man. like yeah you always get lovely people, but i feel like it was still less lovely than kids playing call of duty or whatever

also, found another review for that harvest moon-esque game:

Kids are shittier on the internet than they are in person for the same reason drivers are assholes, they're anonymous. I guess you couldn't get away with calling people giant fags in 1994, so the transgressions were more passive-aggressive.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

more like dICK posted:

the game is real good BTW. gotta get rich to impress my boyfriend

i'm sorry, but i can not get into a game unless my character has saved up a realistic amount in savings or at the very least gotten a business loan before starting up his anime agriculture

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm really disappointed there's no mac version of stardew

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al! posted:

Please name it after me

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

they don't, but you get a special headshot message when you score one

i just figured the messages had a random chance of showing up when you got one so you didn't see them all the time

also holy poo poo Devil Daggers. made it 181 seconds :getin:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

i just figured the messages had a random chance of showing up when you got one so you didn't see them all the time

also holy poo poo Devil Daggers. made it 181 seconds :getin:

well poo poo, my best was 176 but now i have something to beat

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
some serious loving poo poo goes down right around then

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEVFnQh_XM

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Let the brand dilution commence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
"epic 16-bit gameplay"

*infinite runner with graphical effects never seen on a 16-bit system; differently-sized pixels*

• Locked thread