Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

To be fair we can't hold CIG responsible for members of their community insulting a cancer survivor over their opinions on a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mr.Tophat posted:

Agreed. I will feel no sympathy. There have been enough warnings, either from individuals or events.

You can lead a horse to water, but something something that horse was a terrible horse and glue is too good for it as a final fate.

You can lead a horse to water, and make it into civil meat

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Decrepus posted:

To be fair we can't hold CIG responsible for members of their community insulting a cancer survivor over their opinions on a video game.

Communities take their cues from those managing them. Shitloaf and the forum winnits which cling on to his arsehair primed the pump. Then Crobblers set it off with his pants on head crazy letter to The Escapist.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Decrepus posted:

He said, unironically.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Level of dumb backer syndrome has exceeded expectations tonight.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/320203/150-000-000#latest

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

You forgot to throw in a LOWTAX for good measure.

I sent a PS.

I also left a little clue in the image that might identify my super-secret undercover account.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

fuctifino posted:

I used to look on all cult members, regardless of the cult, as victims. This has changed completely after witnessing so much toxicity from the SC backers. Scientology has heavy indoctrination and policies are set in place to handle dissent. They attack critics without defending the attacks, and will go to any length to silence dissent. This is because they are a) ordered to do this and b) brainwashed into doing it.

With Shitizens, there is no real cult indoctrination. There are no policies set in place to, for example, attack elderly stage 4 cancer patients calling for them to die.... They choose to do this off their own backs

I have absolutely no sympathy or empathy for these fuckers, and they really do deserve everything they get.

I'm just glad I'm able to witness the shitshow as it collapses :)

The point of no return for some of these morons has got to be the Chris Roberts response to The Escapist. That word salad of rambling conspiracy theories that made it sound like Star Citizen was under direct attack from people who wanted to actively destroy it. For someone obsessed with Star Citizen that would be the trumpet call to attack and destroy anyone who dared try to stop the game from being made because The Chairman had decreed it to be thus. They needed nothing more than that to act as the tacit approval to engage in the behaviour they have, because they're emulating the putrid behaviour of the man who has promised to lead them into space salvation. It may not have even been intentional (it certainly came off more as a reactionary tantrum) but this is his legacy to the worst parts of his community, and he's certainly never going to come out and acknowledge these element to tell them to stop.

Ultimately it's still down to these individuals to stop themselves, as has been pointed out. That sort of self-awareness is beyond them. They've indoctrinated themselves pretty effectively.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I'm going to visit the stimpire for spring break I got a great deal on the "unlimited pain package" from hotels.com

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

fuctifino posted:

I sent a PS.

I also left a little clue in the image that might identify my super-secret undercover account.

I've found your account.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if memory serves Microsoft bought his company and kicked him off his last project even to get it done since it was already years overdue and well over budget. The project before that was well over budget, had advertised features slashed and was released very late. That and he hadn't been in video game development for well over a decade?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

BitBasher posted:

Correct me if I am wrong, but if memory serves Microsoft bought his company and kicked him off his last project even to get it done since it was already years overdue and well over budget. The project before that was well over budget, had advertised features slashed and was released very late. That and he hadn't been in video game development for well over a decade?

Tell him that, see what the response is (we already know the response but it's fun to see them make up poo poo)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

Why is Ben grabbing on to the chair handles for dear life?

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Amarcarts posted:

I'm going to visit the stimpire for spring break I got a great deal on the "unlimited pain package" from hotels.com

If you paid with Discover the bonus miles triple every second, but can only be redeemed for more flights to the Stimpire.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They've indoctrinated themselves pretty effectively.

Precisely. While they've definitely been manipulated by RSI (i.e. the Escapist letter) none of this was by design. Hubbard purposefully designed a pseudo-religion to fleece people of their cash and wrote detailed policies on every aspect of the cult. Crobber just pointed to pictures of spaceships and the money started rolling in. The indoctrination was 100% crowd-sourced and created.

I've been trying to find an example of something similar so that I can explain SC to newbies ("Yeah, it's just like <such and such>"), yet I still haven't found anything suitable.

It's unprecedented, and it's glorious.

:gary: Paarp!

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
New design doc pipeline's looking good

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Kakarot posted:

Why is Ben grabbing on to the chair handles for dear life?

Needs the leverage to arrest his momentum when he changes the vector of wobble.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tippis posted:

Is CRobber known in the industry for anything other than consistently going over budget, failing to deliver, and eventually being thrown out?
And what industry are we talking about? It seems to apply equally to both ones he's tried (and is now trying to get back into).

I'm not sure “respected” is really the word to use to describe how he's seen after that… but there is definitely plenty of reason why he'd have the reputation he has, so I suppose that's one thing the poster got right. :haw:

The impression I got was that his reputation was dogshit. Far from being respected he was apparently an arse to work with and known for being a bit loving shady.

This was scuttlebutt though. EightAce would know. EightAce what does the industry think of the Crobber?

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

I assume that's the financial records being shredded.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Ponzi posted:

I assume that's the financial records being shredded.

Ben's Takeout Orders (2015 April-June)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Variable 5 posted:

Ben's Takeout Orders (2015 April-June)

:nms:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This thread needs a picture of Princess Leia in the bath

http://i.imgur.com/FNZ86pn.gifv

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^^catte is angered, beware
Wow I actually read like the last 20 pages of this thread and it was solid shitpoasting all the way down. Nice work commandos.

As an act of charity for those who just casually skim the thread as I usually do, I have collated some of the gold from recent pages. Beginning with this image of Ben having a spacegasm/heart attack (anyone got a source, wtf is going on here?):

spacetoaster posted:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

here's the helmet you get if you become a star citizen outlaw

...plus this utter insanity

ewe2 posted:

Hello commandos! In keeping with our policy of release early, release often and hide the chairs its fatso, we bring you:

:pgabz: Yes! :pgabz: A Remix, freshly new and totally not at all a lame attempt to entice the dancey cat to use a better mix for his videos. Reminding potential dancey cat musicians that a flac backing track is here and words/chords here, all contributions welcome.

edit: Here's a compressed audacity project too.

zcrow posted:

I wish I had time to do this better, but effort

Galarox posted:

I am many many pages back, but had to finish this before catching up. Thanks to whoever suggested this, can't remember who it was. Anyways...

The Port Olisar River Boatmen:

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
SC is leaking in to Korea Game

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/23331-would-you-be-fully-happy-with-a-20-decrease-in-prices-over-10/

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The problem with Cymelion is that he has zero cognitive dissonance, he successfully compartmentalizes the flaws he can't ignore and somehow doesn't make the connection that maybe the rest is also bullshit.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

The problem with Cymelion is that he has zero cognitive dissonance, he successfully compartmentalizes the flaws he can't ignore and somehow doesn't make the connection that maybe the rest is also bullshit.

That pile took Cymelion an hour to write?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

zcrow posted:

I wish I had time to do this better, but effort

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Mirificus posted:

That pile took Cymelion an hour to write?

Cymelion confirmed as Chris Roberts.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

To any redditor reading this, just plonk down the $10 and buy a SA account. We ejerculate ourselves over welcoming new people so just do it and then learn about coupons and how to make perfect BBQ ribs in the subforums that aren't Games.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

...... Come on now, don't blow my cover

Lots of v important people making serious exit plans ....

what baffles me about this is what took them so loving long

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yes the game is so boring I am trying out other game modes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIlttyf_N0

No, it did not go well

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Star Citizen Patch 2.2d: Criminals not allowed to QT to Port Olisar

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

peter gabriel posted:

No, it did not go well

A thinking man's video

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

No, it did not go well

I loving love your music choice pgabs :D

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

MeLKoR posted:

Freelancer literally ran out of money.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Anyone remember how much one of these chairs is worth?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looks dangerous out there commando

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.Tophat posted:

A thinking man's video

I am a thinking mans thinking man commando

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Decrepus posted:

Since we know they monitor behaviour on other sites and punish people accordingly, sure we can. Doubly so since they're the ones who are letting this behaviour fester (or even encourage it) on their own boards.

fuctifino posted:

This thread needs a picture of Princess Leia in the bath

http://i.imgur.com/FNZ86pn.gifv

That is a very… odd response. On the one hand, she(?) is not single-mindedly murdering her way in a straight line away from the basin; on the other hand, that does not look like a very happy catface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

I loving love your music choice pgabs :D

Sometimes it sort of chooses itself :v:

• Locked thread